Kareena Kapoor has undeniable star-power but... - Page 7

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HoneY_BeE thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Kareena has been doing well, but I still doubt her "star power"

In terms of her 6 straight hits:

Singham Returns would've been a hit with any actress

Bajrangi- would've been a hit with anyone plus she had no role

Ki & Ka - was not a CLEAN hit, It was an average grosser. Not a hit.

Udta Punjab - same thing it wasnt a clean hit and even if it was - she hardly a role and nobody came to see this movie specifically for her. 

Veere Di Wedding - I'll give her credit but at the same time the film was promoted as the first film on female friendships etc so not sure if it was the concept that worked more than Kareena bringing in audience... not sure ....I think it didnt cross 100 cr right? It shouldve cuz Kangana's movies have crossed 100crs. 

Good Newzz - I'll give her credit.

The real test will be when she does a movie that does not have a big actor or big actors around her. Tell her to do a good movie like Kahaani or Queen and then we will see what the truth is. Heroine did well, but that was almost 10 years ago. 

Queen was first offered to Kareena, she declined it.

I think in general Kareena is afraid to take risks. She is a great actress, I loved her in Jab we met, the only movie I liked her in. I don't like her high and mighty superior attitude, hence she is off putting for me. 

Notafan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Kareena Kapoor has extremely limited acting abilities. She also does not have much star power; Distributors have never picked up a film only because she is the star of the film. She never was a crowd puller.

Kareena is a great actress. Some fans of some jobless actresses fans are jealous of seeing her success. The people that are disrespecting her talent and hard work must be fan of flop Ash and ugly trashy Bips. Those jobless actresses fans can only troll Kareena but it won’t affect Kareena and she will always rock. Some fans can’t forget that kali billi comment and can’t move on from it. 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Notafan

Kareena Kapoor has extremely limited acting abilities. She also does not have much star power; Distributors have never picked up a film only because she is the star of the film. She never was a crowd puller.

I disagree strongly. She DOES have box-office pull and stardom.