Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Saif and Kareena were my most hated celebrity couple. I couldn't stand them. I thought she was way too good for oldie divorced Saif with two teenage kids but I was proven wrong. She really seems so content, her personality has improved, she has no interest in other people's lives, no longer talks trash about anyone and Taimur is adorable. I'm happy she did what she wanted and picked the life she liked. Saif is a flop but it doesn't matter. Chasing money didn't work out for her sister Karishma.

Kareena is always hard working. Looks like some Ash fans and ugly Bipasha’s fans are making negative comments about her because they can’t digest her success when her career is going 100 times better than those jobless actresses. 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Salman once said about the film Kahaani that it worked but if you take Kareena or Katrina instead of vidya than that would immediately increase the budget. Which means it would have to make substantially more than what it makes to ensure a hit verdict. 

i am so glad this never happened. An amazing movie would have suffered. A movie like kahani would have never worked with a non actress as the lead. People often Q why Balan won awards for kahani..coz we are so programmed that until you are breaking down in every scene or doing something hardcore..it is not acting enough..she had to potray someone who is secretely working for a mission..she knows something but she has to potray something else..something so complex..something which required only an Ace actress..also primarily why it worked was coz of the wom..which would have been terrible if the acting was bad..it would have ended like fitoor..glad that never happened

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

She just knew how to throw airs of atti and survived. Below average actress. Below average looks. Above average atti 😆.

Originally posted by: mira30

I am not talking about bygone things but most fans of those actresses dislikes Kareena because of jealousy. On some thread of Bips, I saw some fan of Bips said that now Kareena can’t call her kalli billi after Bips did whitening on her skin. That clearly shows that they can’t move on because of that kalli billi comment. Most Ash fans also dislikes Kareena since Kareena’s sister dated Abhishek before he married Ash. Anyway, all the actors actresses fans loves to use Kareena and Salman’s name and that shows how powerful they are. They seems special, love them, hate them but you can’t ignore them. 

I understand that, but Ponymo is a chilled out person.

Her acting maybe subjective to different people, but the FACT is Kareena has STRONGEST ELECTRIFYING SCREEN PRESENCE and a LEGIT SUPERSTAR AURA on screen right from start of her career until today, and she is reaping benefits of it...

happy for her.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Kareena is like Kajol..content being called good, successful, commercial actors while they really r gems as actors..never explored their full potential.

Even in personal life they r quite similar..married and embraced motherhood when they wanted to inspite of people advising against it..working at their own pace..called loud n arrogant before mrg but became somewhat calm later😃

Krantikari thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I’m glad she isn’t doing agenda-driven female oriented films. I’m so bored of them. She’s got the right strategy, 80% commercial films and 20% character roles. This has ensured her survival in the industry.

Excess ambition causes suffering and most of the time it backfires like it did to DP and PC. There’s a certain grace in accepting and appreciating what you have instead of chasing more. 

She’s in films cuz of the glamour, fun & entertainment factor. Let her be. Used to hate her before Saif cuz of her snooty attitude and airs!

There’s a sense of thehrav in her post Saif which reflects in her work (especially in Udta Punjab), compared to her earlier years when she was hyper & anxious. 

flipfl0p thumbnail

Heroine, Ki & Ka, VDW - cannot just say, openings were only due to star power.  Trailers indicated suggestive scenes. 

Will never say, Kareena is not hard working. With the Kapoor genes in her, she must have worked really hard to get back her figure after Taimur (Aishwarya just let it go for years). Just that, her priorities are different. She mainly wants to be in commercial movies, which does not demand great deal of acting (just an average actor), just a fit body. 

Kareena still has contacts with movie industry because of her party/gossiping nature. She has a fitter body than her contemporaries. She does not have inhibition to do intimate scenes (unlike Aish, Rani) post marriage/motherhood.  She may not be a great actress, but defenitely can act. That is all is needed for a Bollywood's commercial movie lead. She ticks all the boxes. 

Edited by flipfl0p - 4 years ago
harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I mean, just look at her! She's almost 40 and still going strong. She's given consecutive hits, is looking great, and has a strong lineup as well. Also, busting many myths about how actresses cannot continue being in the mainstream after having kids.

Unlike her sister Karisma who faded away after marriage, Kareena continues to be an A-list actress, with A-list projects and featuring in top 10 of every power list. Also, Veere di wedding's success can be contributed to her because the others have zilch star-power.

But all said and done, I feel Kareena can do better. She is one of the rare actresses with both talent + star-power. Why doesn't she feature in more movies like Heroine( which took a very good opening, btw) and by that I don't mean just female-oriented cinema, but movies where she has something substantial to do. I feel she is taking it too easy and not getting out of her comfort-zone. She was the best part about Good Newzz, her acting was to the point. But I feel all her upcoming movies, she is either part of ensemble casts like Takht or overshadowed by the male lead in Laal Singh Chaadha.

She is no Katrina Kaif or Shraddha Kapoor, she is not limited in acting ability and she needn't stick to flowerpot/decorative roles. I wish she pushes the boundaries of what she can do like a Vidya Balan or Kangana does, and act in more movies where people can appreciate her to the fullest. I'm sure she has no dearth of offers, it's just that she needs to go back to her old ambitious self and fulfill her fans' expectations.

Please share your views.

lol height of delusion, do you really think people came in to watch it for Kareena Kapoor?? This is akshay Kumar's name pulled people into the theatre and the content being liked contributed towards its sustaining.