Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tina_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: freezie

Thank you sooo much.  so very sweet of you.  yes, some people pm me and asked me to change it.  I was actually receiving many emails about the ending and if I was to continue it.  Love this forum.. 

U r a very very good writer

The way u write is sooo beautiful 

Expressing khushi and Arnav’s feelings in such beautiful way

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Its always a happy day if a writer gets an idea from something I said.

These two lovebirds can not open up in person. I just hope they can get it out online.

freezie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: coderlady

Its always a happy day if a writer gets an idea from something I said.

These two lovebirds can not open up in person. I just hope they can get it out online.

they will... in this next part they will.  well .. part of it I guess.   revelations yes.  some reactions.  yes.. but still a lot more layers to uncover.  slowly, but surely.  :)

freezie thumbnail

Chapter 60

Saturday finally came. Tom and arnav were in their dorm watching tv. Tom noticed how arnav kept on looking at his watch.

Tom: what is up with you today man. Why do you keep looking at your watch? What is going on?

Arnav had to think of something, something fast. Something that he could excuse his eagerness with, but not give it away.

Arnav: Actually, you know my fiancee right. She wanted to talk to me about something very important. She asked me to come online at 8. She is far away right, so trying to just match up the times.

Tom was shocked, arnav was actually anxious to talk to another girl except for khushi. What was going on. Tom refused to leave the dorm tonight. Something smelled fishy, and he was going to get to the end of it. He messaged minta that their plans for tonight were cancelled. 

Arnav signed in from 7 pm. He hoped that maybe khushi would come earlier. He just could not wait any longer. After half an hour, khushi signed in.

Khushi: Hi Aish, how are you

Arnav: Good... You?

Khushi: I am good. Acha listen. I am sorry.. I have to go.. Mom has called.

Arnac thought to himself, mom. Since when did khushi started called garima aunty mom? That was a little weird.

Arnav: your mom. Oh its ok.

Khushi: haha. No no. Arnavs mom.  She called me often. She asked me to call her mom as well. I will talk to you later. Maybe tomorrow, same time.

Arnav could not believe he had to wait one more day. And since when did khushi start to talk to him mom, why was his mom calling khushi and not him. But he smiled none the less. He liked how she was about to adjust into his family. She had a lot of warmth in her, she was able to make lasting relationships. He smiled and told himself its ok. I will wait only for another hour or so. Maybe she will be done. He continued working on his laptop. But there was no sign of her. He got a little dissappointed, but smiled it off. He went to bed.

Khushi was speaking to MM. Minta kept on trying to eaves drop, she presumed it was Rohits mom.   They exchanged some smiles, giggles. Most of the time if MM started to talk about arnav, khushi would just like and blush. MM knew khushi would be blushing. But she wanted khushi to become friends with her.

MM: khushi, listen. I hope you dont mind me calling you and talking to you. I know you are busy with your studies.

Khushi: no no Mom. I really enjoy it.   And family comes first, right.

MM: that is soo sweet of you khushi. No wonder why arnav liked you from the beginning.

Khushi started to blush. Minta was looking at her. She saw her friend genuinly happy, that was weird though. But that was khushi for you, she found her own khushi in the khushi of others.

MM: Umm Khushi, do you mind if i ask you something more personal.

Khushi: gee... Pochiyeh.

MM: Is arnav okay now. He was upset before he left. You know him.

Khushi didnt know what to answer. If she said yes, then MM would know think that they were always together, if she said no, then MM would worry.

MM: and Khushi, listen. One very important thing. This period of your life, is meant to be the most beautiful one. I really want you and arnav to get to know and understand each other. We have full trust on the both you, dont worry. Spend time with each other. Okay. ... She should hear silently giggle, MM also smiled.

MM: This is my order for you. My command for the both of you. Ok.

Khushi was now turning red, she kept on looking down. They both bid adieau. It had become quite late, so khushi decided not to go back onto her laptop. Aish was probably busy with his work.

Minta: Khushi, who was that?  Khushi gulped.

Khushi: It was my Fiance's mother. She looked at minta with a small half smile and went to her room. She wanted to avoid any more questions.

The next morning, arnav checked his email. No reply from khushi. But there was an email from Gabiralla. She invited everyone over later that evening for a formal party get together at a nice restraurant down the road.  

Arnav was a bit tensed because he didnt want gabriella to mention anything about khushi.

He saw tom and they both decided to go and grab some coffee. They did not know that Minta and Khushi were leaving their place as well for the same thing. Khushi and Minta were talking to each other, Khushi looked down while walking. She wanted to meet arnav. She wanted to go and sit with arnav and have coffee with him.  Arnav was just walking with akash. His hands were in his pockets and he looked down while talking as well. He was in no mood of talking. He wanted to talk to khushi last night, but since he wasnt able to, he started to become a bit dissappointed. Minta and tom saw each other and smiled at each other. But both of them noticed that they were walking with arnav and khushi. They gestured to each other to keep walking and ignore each other. They didnt want their friends to feel awkward around each other. They were passing by each other, khushi and arnav didnt notice each other and bumped into each other. Arnav immediatly flung his hands around who ever he just bumped into and khushi raised her hands to catch on. Arnavs hands were now around khushis back. She held tughtly onto his shirt. Her eyes closed. Her long black silky hair falling back. He just looked at her. She was beautiful, even first thing in the morning. He just stared at her. His heart started to pound. The world stood still for him. He breathed deeply. Khushi slowly opened her eyes. She looked up and saw arnav. Her arnav. She pettrified face now showed a sense of relief. She always knew that he would be there to catch her. Never let her fall or get hurt. She just looked into his deep deep eyes. Her chest was heaving, she was taking deep deep breathes.

Minta and Tom noticed this. They became very worried. Their friends had already been in love with each other, and were to be married to someone else. They couldnt let their friends go through another difficult path.

Minta: OMG khushi are you ok.... Minta jumped in and tried to help her stand up. Arnav slowly raised khushi up and gently moved his hands back. He looked down and scratched the back of his head. Minta and Tom were there, otherwise he would have said something to her. But he just looked down.

Khushi lowered her gaze and fixed her duappata. She nodded. She turned around and just went back to the dorm. Her heart was pacing. She needed to calm it down first. She was in arnavs arms. All she could think about was his eyes, that had nothing else but love for her.

And all he could think about was khushi. He turned around and went back to his dorm as well. Minta and tom followed their friends. Without saying a word, both khushi and minta went into their rooms and closed the door. They fell flat onto their beds. Hands on their stomachs. Eyes closed. Smiling. Taking slow breaths. Sucking in the bottom lip. Their friends were worried for them. Minta and tom kept on knocking their doors, but to no avail. After a little while, they left.

The day had passed and everyone started to get ready for the party. Khushi was a bit concerned as to what to go. Arnav didnt want to say anything about them to anyone. But how was she going to get arnav to become normal with her again. There was only one person who knew everything. Well, he knew enough to help. Khushi immediatly called akash. He advised khushi an idea. To make Arnav jealous, or get him so tensed up that he himself wants to come and talk to her. Khushi knew exactly what she had to do.  

She texted Arnav,

Khushis text: I need Gabriellas address, i dont have it. Need to tell the taxi driver.

After a little while, Arnav messaged her back.

Arnav: I will pick you up in 30 minutes. Tom and Minta are going as well.

There was no way he was going to let khushi take a taxi. Never in a million years. Khushi clapped and smiled. Part one... Complete.

After half and hour, Both of the boys were dressed in black suits. Looking nothing but dashing. Arnav had combed his hair back. He was about to gel it, but remembered that khushi didnt like it that way. Arnav and Tom came to the girls dorm.  Tom knocked on the door. Minta opened it.

Tom: Looking georgeous as always. You girls ready?

Minta: Almost, khushi is just coming out. ... KHUSHIii. Why dont you two come in. Arnav and Tom walked in.

Khushi opened her door and came out. Everyone was in a SHOCK. Complete, uttermost shock. Khushi was wearing the dress that arnav had gifted her when they drove down to their parents place for reading week. The same long blue silky dress, with no shoulder. Just a single silver chain holding it up. She had her hair tied up in a french bun. All held up with a single rose.  She added on long silver dangling earings. She looked mesmerizing. Her makeup was lightly done, all natural. The same delicate kajal around her eyes, and soft pink lipgloss on her tender lips. Arnav stopped breathing for a moment. Tom and Minta looked at them with their eyes and mouths wide open.   They had never seen khushi like this before. Arnav looked at Tom. He was furious. How could khushi do this. How could she wear this? What was she thinking? Has she lost her mind? He wanted to walk right up to her and drag her into her room. That dress was only meant for him, and him only. Khushi started to fix the bracelet on her hand. She kept her eyes lowered. She knew arnav would be staring at her. Also tom and minta, for that was the point. Her heart started to beat faster. She was nervous.. And scared.. Get of a hold of yourself khushi, get a hold of yourself.

Minta: OMG.. KHUSHI.... YOU LOOK AMAZING! Drop dead gorgeous. Where did you get this dress from... And you.. Wearing something like this... Just... Unbelievable.

Khushi gulped. Hai Devi maiiya,,, raksha karna. She looked up with a smile.  Cleared her throat.

Khushi: thanks.. Ummm.. My.. Fiance gave this to me. She bit the bottom of her lip and lowered her gaze.

Tom: WOW. Just WOW. Minta stopped looked at tom and smack him on his arms.

Tom: what seriously. Look at her.

That was it. Arnav was now going to blow up. Khushi smiled..looked down then shook her head.

Arnav cleared his throat...

Arnav: You guys all do know that it is winter, and it is cold outside right. He said with a raised eyebrow. Tom and Minta noticed arnavs hints were being sent towards khushi. He was still very possessive about her. Tom... Now who was scared for his life since he commented on Khushi had to get out.

Tom: I think we should get going... He grabbed Mintas hand and started to pull her out.

Tom: Arnav.. You coming... He looked at him. Arnav nodded his head. He followed behind them. As khushi was about to walk towards the door. Arnav stopped. Turned his head to look over his shoulder. And in a very stern, angry and firm voice.

Arnav: You will get sick. It is cold outside!

Khushi looked at him..

Khushi: Its ok. Plus. Kya main Achi nahin lag rahi.. And most importantly. My Fiance gave this to me. She said vmischeviously. She knew his response.

Arnav: I am sure that your... He must have given it for another reason. And you can ask all the other people who will be staring at you how you look. He turned his head around and was about to walk out.

Khushi: arnav... She said quickely...

Khushi: You just have to tell me to change. You dont need to give excuses. He turned around and looked at her. She smiled at him. He had a straight face.

Khushi: one minute. I forgot one last thing. She reached into her purse and took out a silver net type of small poncho. Just big enough for her to cover her self from the top.

Khushi: Ap help kardaingay .. Please... There is a button at the back. Please.

He looked to the side. She raised her hand up and held the poncho infront of him.

Khushi: Please...

He grabbed it. She turned around to put her back to him. He gulped. He remembered the time they were at the hotel. For his birthday... She remembered everything. The candles. The cake... And how he tended to her wounds. He opened the poncho and put it around her neck. He tied on the button. You could still see a lot of her back exposed with the poncho. He was still very uneasy. She started to fix the poncho and grabbed her jacket. He waited at the door.

Arnav: voh.. Ahem.. He walked up to her. She looked at him. She looked down at her dress. Then looked up again at him questioningly.

He looked both ways as he approached her. HE stood infront of her. He looked to the side. She looked down. He slowly raised one hand, tilted his body a bit towards that side and grabbed the rose. He pulled out the rose. Her silky hair unrolled down. He turned around and started to walk out. Khushi just smiled.. Blushed while looking down. She didnt notice but the jacket that she picked up, she left on the ground.

She quietly followed arnav to his car outside. Minta and Tom were waiting outside. They noticed the silence between khushi and Arnav. Minta noticed that khushi wore a poncho and even changed her hair style.

Minta: You changed your look khushi? Why. That looked very stunning.

Khushi fixed her hair behind her ear. She smiled and looked at minta.

Khushi: this was more comfortable for me.

Tom pulled the chair ahead, and khushi got in followed by minta. Arnav sat down and readjusted his mirror to look at khushi.. He just wanted to steel as many glimpses of her as possible. She did look beautiful, breath-taking.

Tom and Minta noticed this. They started to become more and more worried. They felt as if Arnav and khushi were falling for each other again. But what about their fiances?  Everything was becoming too complicated, according to them anyways.

The restaurant arrived. Tom and arnav both got out. Both of the pulled their chairs ahead. Tom gave his hand to minta to help out, and Arnav gave his to khushi. Tom looked at arnav. Minta looked at the way that khushi also took arnavs hand, with no hessitation.

They came into the restaurant. Gabriella was already there. She welcomed everyone. Minta introduced tom, and so did arnav. They all laughed. Gabriella introduced her husband to everyone.

Gabriella looked at khushi.

Gabriella: khushi you look beautiful. And is that an engagement ring i see. It is beautiful. Arnav and khushis eyes were left wide opened. She just smiled and nodded her head politely. She gulped. Gabrialla say their uneasiness, and remembered that arnav had told her that they didnt want anyone to know. Everyone went to the table. Gabreilla sat beside her husband, Tom with minta and Arnav and khushi were sitting beside each other.  Dinner had started. Everyone laughed and smiled. Khushi just kept looking down most of the time. She was feeling uncomfortable. She kept on tugging the neck of her poncho. She did want to get arnav, but she didnt realize that it would mean having to come like this infront of everyone else as well. Arnav noticed this. He had taken off his jacket and placed it onto the back of khushi chair. Everyone was shocked. He just looked down and then started to talk again. Everyone continued talking as well Khushi felt safer. She didnt know why, but she just did. His jacket was not on her, but it was near. She couldnt just wear it, that would seem awkward. She looked at him from the side of her eyes, while her gaze was lowered. He looked towards her. She smiled and slwoly blinked her eyes. He smiled then look the other way.

Dinner had finished. The musicians were amazing that night. They had invited Omar Akram.

Tom: Minta, lets dance. Minta smiled and grabbed his hand.

Gabriella: I think we should all dance. She got her husband, and looked at khushi and arnav.

Gabriella: i think the only ones left here are you two. I am sure you wouldnt mind a dance would you.. She said with a giggle. Arnav smiled. She looked down, and gulped. He stood up and held his hand out infront of her. She placed her into his. Tom and Minta were surprised. What was going on. They both nudged at each other to notice.

Arnav held onto khushi waist and she held onto his shoulder. Their other hands held each other. The slowly started to dance. Swaying side to side. They both looked away. Or the other side. Khushi felt something in her back. She felt her zip was loosening. She eyes wide opened. She looked at arnav. He looked at her. She was worried about something. She looked down, side to side arnav sensed something. Her grip on his should became tighter and tighter. She was hold his other hand more firmly as well. She started to gulp. Hold her breath. Breath deeply.  He cleared his throat. And gently whispered..

Arnav: What happened.

Khushi: Arnav.. Vohh.. Voh... She looked down nervously..

Khushi: Zip.. She was started to get worried. He looked up and around. Tom and Minta were right behind them. Constantly looking at them. Gabriella was on the other side.

Arnav: hmm... Everyone is here. Lets slowly go to that side.

Khushi: I dont think I will be able to... Dar lag raha hai...

He slowly slid his had to her back. And fanned out his fingers... She looked up at him. He looked at her reassuringly. She followed his lead. Tom and Minta were confused. Where were those two going.   When Khushi and Arnav got to a corner where no one else was behind khushi,,, arnav started to move his hand higher...

Khushi looked down the up. She noticed Tom and Minta walking towards them.

Khushi: Arnav.. Tom and minta are coming.

He looked at her with widened eyes. She quickly ran his hand up behind the poncho and tightened her zip. She breathed a sigh of relief. He did the same. He closed his eyes and took a big sigh of relief. He looked at her. She started to clear her throat.

Khushi: they are almost here.

Arnav had an idea. He looked at her and hinted her to follow his lead. She looked at him. She trusted him and blinked her eyes.

Arnav: dont look at them. We will go right back to the first place. Okay.

Khuhis: but they saw us...

Arnav: we will handle them afterwards. Arnav and khushi looked down or the other way and made their way back to the center area. Tom and minta were starting to get annoyed. IT was time they spoke about this matter with them. The music stopped, everyone clapped their hands and returned to their tables.

Everyone thanked gabreilla for the dinner and she thanked them for their hard work.

The four of them made their way back out. Minta pulled khushi back and started to whisper to her.

Minta: what is going on with the two of you khushi. You do remember that you are engaged, right...

She asked with concern.

Khushi was having a very tough time keeping her laughter in. Arnav had heard Minta. He was worried about khushis answer.

Khushi: Nothing is happening. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. And yes, i do remember that I am engaged.. Dont worry. She looked down and kept on walking.  Arnav sighed of relief. Tom pulled arnav a head.

Minta: And what was that dance. Hmm.. Why did you two drift off. You know how much you two cared for each other.

Khushi: that..was. Nothing. I saw someone eating a lot of meat and started to feel sick. So i asked him if we could move a bit to the side. That is all.

Minta: Listen khushi, I am really worried for you. I am just giving you a heads up.

Khushi nodded her head and continued walking ahead.

Tom: Arnav, what is up with you and khushi. Hey man listen, she is engaged to someone else. And you are too. You are both going to hurt some people if this keeps up.  And what was that dance about. Dancing away to a private corner.

Arnav was having trouble keeping his smile in. How could him and khushi be cheating on each other with each other.

Arnav: It is nothing like that. Come one man. We are both engaged, and would never think about cheating on your fiances. Trust me. We both wouldnt. Hmm.  And as for the dance. There was a person who was staring at her, she became uncomfortable and asked if we could move to another side. That is all. Nothing more to make of it.

Tom wasnt buying it. He knew something was going on. He texted minta, He we will get off earlier. I will tell arnav we had plans to go and see a movie. I need to talk to you.

Tom: Hey can you drop me and minta off at the theaters near by. We wanted to go and see a movie. Arnav just nodded his head.

Arnav dropped of tom and minta. Khushi was still at the back. He looked at khushi from over the shoulder and negatively shook his head. 

Tom: hey khushi you want to come to the front?

Khushi: no, its ok tom. I am fine here. Thanks.

Tom and minta were confused.

Arnav drove off. He pulled over at the next stop light. And gestured for khushi to come to the front. Khushi wasnt able to get out by her self. Arnav got out of his car and opened the door, moved the seat ahead and gave khushi his hand. Khushi softly and gently held onto his hand. As she got out, her foot tripped and she fell onto Arnav. Arnav was able to catch onto her waist, while her hand rested on his chest. Under the evening sky, their eyes met. He just looked at her. She was truly breath taking. Her heart started to beat faster. She shyfuly looked down. He just kept on staring at her. He noticed her start to get a bit cold. She was not covered for the winter weather. He licked his lips, and in his husky voice asked.

Arnav: Are you ok.

She shyfully nodded her head. He helped her out, and she sat down in the front with him. They drove off back to the campus. It was a silent ride. But comfortable ride. Silence was always their friend. Khushi was just staring at her engagement ring. The one that her arnav put on her. After a little while arnav spoke.

Arnav: Voh.. Umm.. Tom was asking about... You know.. Us.

Khushi smiled.

Khushi: I know. Minta was also... Worried.

Arnav: You do know that they think that we are ... Before he could finish his sentence, khushi spoke.

Khushi: cheating on our fiancees. Hmmm. They both looked at each other and laughed. IT was ironic, how the situation played out for them. She lovingly looked at her ring again.

Arnav: Can i ask you something.  She gently nodded her head.

Arnav: Why did you tell them?

Khushi paused for a moment. Took a deep breath.

Khushi: Because i know you didnt want them to know.

He looked at her, with his eye brows furrowed. How did she know that.

Khushi: actually, the first day when we came back, you had closed your room door, making sure that tom didnt see me. I figured that you didnt want to say anything about this yet. IS liye. She looked out the window. She herself wanted to tell the entire world that she was marrying Her Arnav, that she was engaged to him. That he placed the ring on her finger. But she knew he wasnt ready. He looked at her looking out.

Arnav: Actually yeah umm. Not now. IF you are ok with that though.

She looked down a little sad, but smiled. She turned to look at him and nodded. She approvingly blinked her eyes.

He was intrigued by the fact that she knew him so well.

Khushi: I say we let them think what they are thinking right now.

Arnav started to laugh. What she implying, that they pretend to cheat on each other with each other. Khushi giggled. After a while, they both just smiled the rest of the way back. IT had been a long long time since they shared that smile with each other. IT was a warm feeling, a comforting feeling.

Arnav parked his car. Khushi got and looked at him. She smiled.

Khushi: Thanks for the ride. He smiled back and she turned around and started to walk back. It was dark outside. Arnav for some odd reason didnt want to let her go alone. He looked at her, and saw some people just stare at her. She was still in her dress with a net poncho on top. IT was also very cold. She was hugging her self why walking. He ran over to khushi..

Arnav: khushiii... Khushiii. She stopped and turned around.

Arnav: take my jacket. He took off his jacket and started to place it on her shoulders. She looked at him putting on her jacket.

Khushi: Its ok. If Minta sees this jacket, she will create a rukus. I know she will start to look around once she comes back.

Arnav knew khushi was right.

Arnav: Mind if i walk you back.  He looked at her while tilting his head to one side, biting the side of his bottom lip.. Say yes, say yes. Say yes... He kept on thinking.

She smiled and nodded. She put her arms through his jackets and hugged herself. He put his hands in his packets and looked down while walking. The walk to her dorm room was silent, they both either looked down or to the side.

Arnav: Actually, there is one person here who knows.

She was shocked to hear this... He actually told someone. She looked at him curiously. He looked at her and smiled.

Arnav: Gabriella.  Sorry...Khushies eyes widened.

Arnav: actually she saw my ring and asked me the name. I told her it was a surprise remember. And i asked to speak to her right after that. I was at her office telling her about ....us.. And told her that we didnt want anyone to know. She would have kept on asking about the name, and minta and tom would have found out. I hope you didnt mind. He looked at her with hope.

She smiled.

Khushi: I trust what you did. She looked down again, and do did he. They arrived at the door. Arnav placed his back against the wall near the door and bent one knee up. His hands were still in his pockets. He was cold. But he didnt mind. Khushi took out her keys and opened the door. She looked at him.

Khushi: chai? I know you are cold... They both smiled. He scrunched his face and then shook his head.

He would have loved a cup right about now, but knew it wouldnt be right. Not right now anyways. She still had to go and talk to aish inside.

Arnav: no its ok. It been a long day. I should be getting to bed. Thanks though..

She gave him his jacket and thanked him. They both softly said bye to each other, sighed and went their own ways. Today had been an interesting day for them. IT was a step forward towards their relationship.

Arnav went to his dorm, made his cup of tea and signed on to his email. He was hoping that khushi would come online. He loved her too much to stay mad at her. In the morning he was able to, but by the evening, he was a lost cause, again. He thought of making himself more comfortable, so he changed into his t shirt and track pants. Then took his laptop and tea, went out of his room and sat on the sofa.

Khushi started changing when she realized that she didnt do much stretches or yoga for many days. She wore her tank top, pants and zipped up her sweat shirt on top. She managed to start her stretches when she realized that she was suppose to talk to aish. She made herself a cup of tea and signed on. She remembered how aish would have been waiting for her.   She signed on.  She smiled when she saw him online. A true friend indeed. Arnav was relieved to see khushi online. He sighed of relief. And prayed that no one else call her for some time. Just incase he called anjali and asked her to make sure that no one, especially mom calls khushi, he told her that khushi was sick and needed to rest. Anjali obliged. Khushi and arnav started to chat.

Khushi: Hi Aish, sorry to keep you waiting.

Aish: Hi, Its not a problem. All ok?

Khushi: okay. Its starting to get better. Thankfully. How are you and your significant other?

Aish: she is good. Sound like you had a great day.

Khushi: great...amazing day. Many memories, arnav is also starting to become ok now. Thankfully. I was really worried a lot because of him,

Aish: why what happened?

Khushi.. Nothing.. Tell me. You have some days off. You mentioned it last time.

Arnav knew he had to be a bit pushy to get her to talk.

Aish: yes.. I thought of spending it with her, getting to get to know her a bit more. You know how people are when they care a lot about someone.

Khushi smiled. Sipped her tea.

Aish: khushi... If you really consider me a friend, tell me what happened. I have a feeling you were trying to tell me something that day. You said you needed a friend. 

Khushi stopped to think for a moment. Everything was getting better with her and arnav, but one day she would have to tell him. Maybe Aish could help her think of how to tell him.

Khushi: voh.. Okay. But you have to first listen to the entire thing, and then you can comment on it afterwards. And just a warning, this will take some time. It is kind of a long story.

Khushi was hessitant, but for arnav she knew she needed to get advice. Arnav sighed of relief. And just started to sip his tea. Waiting for her to reply. Khushi started to type. You could tell she was typing slowly and constanting deleting what she was writing. She wanted to make sure she used the right words. He was willing to give her all the time she needed. He put his tea down and kept on staring at the screen.

Tom and Minta came to Arnavs and tom's dorm. They looked at him. He smiled at them. He told them he was busy working on some readings. They went to the kitchen and started making something for themselves to eat.

Khushi: Arnav and I have known each other since we were kids. We also liked each other since then, but never said anything. He has always been a very responsible and family oriented person. I think that is what i love most about him. (arnav started to smile when he read this).  He has many family members, but also has a lot of extended family with him. Always over. It is a very nice and close khandaan kind of thing. Last reading week, arnav and I went back home. Oh.. We both study at the same university. We started to become friends, or maybe a bit more than friends.  We understood each other, what the other likes, values, etc.

She paused... Arnav just smiled as he was reading what she was writing about them.

Khushi: last reading week, we both came back home and our parents organized this one picnic. In that picnic arnav said something which will always stick with me. Someone asked him what kind of girl he wanted, and he said that he wanted a girl that would love his family. That would accept her role in his house, khandaan. Make his mom, hers, siblings hers, khandaan hers. I have known them since i was small, and love them all dearly. His brother and sister are like my own, as well as his parents. I even call his Mom, Mom now. Haha... She is honestly just like my mom for me. We came back to our house after the picnic, and some poeple, men came up to our house and started having an argument with my father. My mother was also there. They were threatening them. I didnt know what they were saying, since i was standing in my balcony. I couldnt hear them, but i saw them. They all had masks. The men started to hit my father. They had sticks and brutally started to beat him. I got my phone and called the police. Once at the hospital, I called arnav and he came with his entire family to the hospital. I came back to the university, but something started to happen back home. I didnt know about it, until my mother called her.

Arnav was raised one eyebrow in curiousity. He remembered the hospital and sashi uncle, but never knew anything more about it. What happened that changed everything?

Khushi: this happened the day i finished my last exam. Once i finished my exam, my mother called me and told me to take the next immediate flight back. She sounded very worried. I didnt tell arnav because he still had his exams going on.   Arnav and I decided to focus on our studies, so i wasnt able to call him or see him. I left him a note and flew back that say day. When i reached home, something had happened. My mother.. She is the vice president at the temple. There was a lot of issues going on for some time that I didnt know about.  Her and my father would talk for hours and seemed worried, but they never told us. When I reached home, my mother was crying a lot. My father was sitting on his wheel chair holding her hand. I got home and then ran to them. Luckily my younger sister payal was not home. My parents had sent her to her friends for a couple of days.

Arnav became more worried about what she was writing. He didnt know what to expect. He put his half cup of tea on the side table.  

Khushi: umm aish. Its ok. Forget it. Sorry.

Aish: no no.. Khushi.. Please.. Tell me. Maybe talking to someone about this might help. You can trust me.

Khushi sighed... Tears started to escape her eyes. How could she say that happened. She could feel her heart starting the break again. Piece by piece. She sucked in her bottom lip. Eyes moist. Goosbebumbs all over her body. Her fingers were shaking.

Khushi: sorry, i am just having a hard time typing this. Hands are shaking.

Arnav could sense she was crying. His eyebrows furrowed. He could feel her pain. He eyes kept onto looking on the screen in anticipation, that maybe she will tell him. Please khushi.. Please he started to whisper to himself. He closed his eyes and gulped. He started to pray, yes Arnav singh raizada started to pray. Please, God, help khushi be able to tell me this. He opened his eyes and saw tom and minta looking at him. He kept a straight face and looked again at the screen. He picked up his tea cup in his hand. Trying to act natural.

Khushi: My mom had a letter in her hand. I looked at my mother and my father. They were both worried. Petrified. I tried to take the letter from her. She held it more tightly in her hand. I looked at her, and opened her hand, I took the letter.

"Lastest bulletin for the temple, The vice presidents daugthers caught red handed with boyfriends at an alchoholic party. Mirch Masalay wali story hai. Coming in the next edition of the Temple News Bulletin Board,"

Arnavs heart started to sink. He was scared for the worse outcome right now. He knew khushi, he knew what her family meant for her. This must have been a lot for her to handle already, and tehre was more... More to this.. Much more. Khushi started to cry... She licked her lips. Took a deep breath.

Khushi: I was shocked to have read this. What was this. I looked at my mother in confusion. Did people know about me and arnav. But we were never like this. What was going on. Did i do something to the family name, i was confused. My mother took my hand and asked me to sit down on the sofa. My father was on his wheel chair on one side, and my mother was on the other. She said.... Khushi.. There have been many threats that I have been getting at the temple because of my position, some people want me to approve somethings for them. I have said no again and again. It is not safe, nor allowed. They have tried to bribe me, threat me. They also sent the people who had done this to your father. I looked at my dad, and i could see tears in his eyes. Aish, imagine me, the eldest daughter of the famly, who always thought of herself as her parents son, saw tears in her Fathers eyes. My dad and mom, both, crying. I also started to cry. I was also scared. But then. We recieved a phone call. My mother looked at me. She was scared. She held onto my hand tightly. I looked at our hands. My mother was scared aish. Scared. The woman who always protected me and my sister. I knew that I had to answer the phone. I needed to make sure that she felt like she had someone there to help them. I answered the phone. My dad took the phone from me. Luckily i hit the speaker button before he took it. Otherwise i would not have found out. The man on the phone said..

"letter mila shashi gi? This is just a trailer. I have the letter. You want to hear it." he started to read the letter which was defaming me and my sister. The letter completely shredded out respect, self-respect. I felt disgusted with myself. None of it was true, but what he wrote, no one would ever even look at us. The man continued to talk..

(Khushi gulped). .... She took a few moments to get a hold on herself. Arnav was starting to get furious.   How could someone say things like this about anyone, any girl. That was disgusting.

Khushi: the man said to my father... If he wants he can help this all become true. For him to send his wife over. He said..."garima mardoon ki cheez hai". Aish.. My heart was ripped apart. How could someone say that about anyone. And i heard that about my mom. At that point my heart sank. ... He then continued... "i heard your daugthers are also back... Chalo unko bhi badnaam karday thay hain, send them over as well. I will help take care of them for you." I felt disgusted with my self. As if someone just put dirt all over my body. I felt disgusted in my own skin. My mom started to yell and scream. My father started to yell as well. My mother held onto me. I fell onto the sofa. I started to cry a lot. My mother and father held onto my hands. And then my mother said something. "Only if we had a son, would our family be protected."... Aish.. I felt my world shattering. My parents needed a son, which i was not. They felt scared for us, and i felt scared for them. You have no idea how i felt at that time. My hand were going cold.   Someone how my parents we to their room. They asked me to sleep in their room with them. They were scared for us. My dad felt helpless. If someone did something to us or my mother he couldnt even protect us. I was up all night. Crying. The next morning, my mother recieved a proposal for me. The guys family came and I asked to meet him alone. He was a very nice person, very sweet. He asked me about myself... And i said to him was that the only reason i said yes to getting married was because my parents needed a son, and if he was willing to be their son for them. He smiled and said that was understood. I said yes to marrying him and asked him if he would not mind getting engaged as soon as possible. He was a bit confused by agreed. I needed the son for my parents as soon as possible. He was very influential, and my parents would feel better and more protected that way. The man still kept on calling and threatening us. Arnav had come back by then and i couldnt tell him. But then one day, at the temple, someone attacked us. And dragged me into the forest. I knew it was that man who was calling. Arnav was there and saved me.

Arnav by this point was swearing none stop... How could someone do such a thing. IF he only knew who he was...  Why didnt khushi tell him... Why.. She knew who attacked her? Why didnt she complain or say anything? Why.. Tom and minta were worried and came over to arnav. He refused to look at them. They tried to look at his laptop, but he angryily looked at them to back off. They both took a step back. He stopped. Took a deep deep breath... And furiously started to type...

Aish: why didnt you tell arnav?

Khushi.. I couldnt

Aish: wasnt arnav also a son for your parents?

Khushi: he couldnt be. He could not be the son that they needed.

Aish: why not?

Khushi: because.....that man was Aranvs uncle. Shyam. His only uncle, the one he was close to. I couldnt put arnav in such a position. I loved him too much, and could not bear to see him trying to be a son for his family and then for mines. How could he be a son for both? My parents needed a son, and... I couldnt do that to arnav.

Arnav started to sqeeze the cup of tea in his hand. He was about to kill someone. His own uncle did that. He squeezed it more and more tightly. The cup broke into his hand. His hand had burning tea fall all over it with shredded glass pieces. Tom and minta ran over to him. Minta moved the laptop while tom held onto arnavs hand. Arnav didnt notice what had happened. He refused to look at any of them.. Tom didnt let got of arnavs hand. Something big must have happened. Something very very big.

Tom: Minta, get the first aid box.

Minta: its not here. Let me get it from my place.  Minta ran to her dorm.

Minta: KHUSHIIIII... Get me the first aid box.. Jaldi.

Khushi was shocked as to what was happening. She wipe her tears, dropped her tea up and ran outside.  Minta was frantically looking around everywhere for the first aid box. She started to rapidly yell..

Minta: its arnav... He is hurt. I need the box. Khushi ran to the kitchen, got the box and ran out of her dorm. She was running as fast as she could to arnav. She ran into their dorm. Arnav was fursious. What had happened to him. He was fine a while back when he dropped her off. She ran to him. Her heart was skipping beats.  Her mind was racing.

She grabbed his other hand and dragged him to the kitchen. Opened the tap and started to run water over it. HE was now staring at her. Why didnt she tell him.. Why...

Tom was helped khushi get the first aid stuff out. She kept on looking at his hand. She want to cry, but knew she couldnt panic right now. She knew she had to do first aid. Her and tom opened arnavs hand. Luckily no glass went it. The glass just scratched his hands a lot. His hand was bleeding and burnt from the back. Her and stop started to apply the cream and make sure nothing was there. Khushi started to wrap a bandage around his hand. To get the bleeding under control.

Tom: I think we should take him to the emergency. The dr needs to make sure he has no glass inside. Khushi nooded her head and held onto arnavs hands. Once tom moved arnav looked at khushi. Furiously. He felt like he was not worthy enough of her, of her family. He would have helped save her. She made such a big sacrifice for him, if he was tehre at that time, he would have killed shyam.

Arnav looked at khushi. He breathed angrily. Khushi looked at him. Her eyes were concerned. She tried to get answers from his eyes. He grabbed her arm and started to drag her.

Khushi: arnavvv... What are you doing. We need to go to the hospital...

Tom saw this. He was confused. All he knew is that whatever has happened has to be related to khushi.   He tried to stop arnav. Arnav looked at him angrily. He took khushi to his room and slammed the door closed. He locked the door. Tom tried to knock , but to no avail.

Khushi was worried.

He let go of her arm and stood a little away. Looking the other way. Bending his head down, both hands on his hips.

Khushi composed her self. Arnav needed her. It must have been something big. But what. She walked up to arnav and placed her hand on his shoulder. She tried to look over his shoulder to see his face.

Khushi: arnav.. What happened?

Arnav stayed silent. He was going to kill someone. He turned around and grabbed khushi by both of her arms and pulled her in. Crashing against his body. Her eyes were wide open. She looked at him shockingly. She gulped. She had never seen him like this. What was wrong.. She kept on searching for answers in his eyes. All she could see was pain. Deep deep rooted pain. She saw anger and frustration. She looked down and closed her eyes.

Tom had stopped knocking. Minta had come over as well. He told minta what had happened and they both waiting outside of the room. They knew if there was only one person who could handle arnav right now, it was khushi.

Arnav looked at khushi... He remembered how someone... Shyam was trying to rip khushis clothes on the night of that temple attach. He pushed her back..    Took off his bandage in frustration...

Arnav: aaaarrrhhh... He was upset. He wanted to yell. Khushi gulped. She tried to stop him from taking off his bandage. But he refused to listen. He threw it away. Blood started to drip from his hands again. He made a fist and punched the brick wall with the other hand. Khushi was scared. She had never need him like this. She had to do something to get him to stop. She immediatly took off her jacket and went to arnav. She looked at him angrily. She turned him around, his back was not to her. She tried to tie his hands with her jacket. He pushed her away and her jacket fell to the ground. He made another fist adn was about to punch the wall again.. She ran and came between him and the wall.   She quickely flung both of her arms around his neck. And whispered into his ear...

Khushi: shhhhhhhh....... Its ok arnav... Main yaheen par hoon... Her heart was racing fast, she had to help control his and hers together. She hugged him tighter. Standing on her tip toes.

Shhhhh. Is all she softly whispered into his ears. He stopped and hugged her back. His arms were fanned out on her back. He nestled his head into her neck. He started to cry.   He wanted to say he was sorry, he wished he could be there. But no words would come out of his mouth. She refused to let go of him, she was there for him, like this as long as he needed. She could feel his arms around her tighten. She tightned her arms around her him even more. She could hear him cry.  She was about to move her head back she could hear him say no... She hugged him again. After a little while, he loosened his hug and she moved her shoulder back.. She cupped his face and stood higher on her tiptoes. She gently leaned forwards and placed a soft, tender gentle kiss on his forehead. She allowed her lips to caress his forehead for a few moments.  They both had their eyes closed. Arnav whispered in his husky voice...

Arnav: khushi... Can i please hear your heart beat.

He knew that to control his racing heart, he needed to hear hers. He did not notice that she was in her tank top. The neck was low and the straps were very thin. She also didnt notice. She moved her head back and nodded her head. He picked her up, her head was not at the level of his head. He had tightly wrapped one arm around her waist and the other around her tighs. She slowly wrapped her arms around his head. He turned his head so his ear could hear her heart. He placed his ear on her chest. He felt a sense of warmth. She fanned her fingers through his hair and rested her head against the top of his. He felt peaceful as he heard her heart. They both slowly breathed. Gently allowing their hearts to slow down. After a few moments, arnav moved his head back and looked at her. She was beautiful. She looked down at him. Her hair along the side of her face, looking lovingly at him. He looked down adn saw what she was wearing. She shyfully looked down. He lowered his gaze. And placed her on the ground...he kept his eyes closed. He gulped. She shyfully fixed the hair behind her ears. He started to whisper..

Arnav: khushi... Voh.. Can i ask you something.. Please...

She cupped his faced and looked at him. His eyes were still closed. As if he was going to ask her something he was very hessitant to ask her.

Arnav: can i ... He licked his lips... He was nervous... Can... Voh..

She looked at him. She knew what he needed... But she couldnt say it herself.  He took a deep breath.. And hessitantly asked her...

Arnav: can.. A touchhhh..

She looked at his face. His eyes closed... His eyebrows furrowed. Hoping for a yes. She knew what he needed.. And he knew that she wasnt comfortable with it. They had spoken about it before. She smiled. Her arnav needed her. And was his. They also became engaged, but had to decide their own limits. She took a deep breath. Cupped the left side of his face with her right hand. She slowly moved forward to his right cheek.. She should sense him breathing harder. And he could sense her heart beat moving faster. He decided he wouldnt do anything. He didnt know what she would or would not be comfortable doing.

She bent forward to his right cheek and slowly placed a tender kiss on it. She allowed her lips to press against the stubble on his cheek. She slowly lifted her face a little up. And very very slowly and gently she closed her lips and started to slide it along the side of his right cheek until she reached the right side of his lips.her heart started to skip beats. She gulped. He gulped. She slowly slid the left side of her lips from the right side of his. And slowly touched his tender lips with hers. As she reached half way, when the center of their lips where just barely touching, she moved her head back. And looked down. She was blushing. Her heart beat was too fast for her to handle. His was no less. He opened his eyes. And looked her her. Looking down. He picked her up into his arms.

He took her over to his bed and gently lay her on it. He stood back. She placed one arm on the side and one on her stomach. He saw her beautiful face. Her eyes with a lowered gaze. He looked down, her chest was heavily heaving... Her hands gently placed on her stomach.  He had a lot of emotions inside of him. He had too much frustration, followed with love. What was he to do. He couldnt control his emotions. She looked at him lovingly. He stood there just looking at her eyes. He needed a sign. Just a sign, any sign from her. She smiled and lowered her gaze again. He smiled,,, took of his t-shirt. He had his camisole, (baniyain) on. He slowly went and lay down beside her. Their hearts were pacing. He slowly placed his one hand on her stomach. She moved her hand away and put it on the bed. He went to the bottom of her shirt and slowly raised it just a bit. Enough for his hand to be able to touch the tendering of her skin. He slowly started to rub his hand on her stomach.. She closed her eyes tightly. They both gulped. He snuggled his head into her shoulder. About to kiss the nape of her neck. He stopped. He felt her tightly holding the bed sheets. He just moved his head a little back and gently slid his nose along the side of his neck. Until he came up to her ear. He waited for a moment.

He slowly whispered in his deep husky voice.

precap:

;)    

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

So now we know. Good that Arnav knows now.

tina_1234 thumbnail

Awesome part 

Finally Arnav knows the truth 

rockingsoni thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Good that Arnav knows the truth.

I am worried, how Khushi would react when she knows that All these years Arnav was talking with her with a fake identity.

Hope, Khushi is able to forgive him easily (trust is a fragile thing)

tina_1234 thumbnail

Awaiting next part 

freezie thumbnail

so sweet! ❤️

Posting it now!

freezie thumbnail

Chapter61

She bent forward to his right cheek and slowly placed a tender kiss on it.  She allowed her lips to press against the stubble on his cheek.  She slowly lifted her face a little up. And very very slowly and gently she closed her lips and started to slide it along the side of his right cheek until she reached the right side of his lips.her heart started to skip beats.  She gulped. He gulped.  She slowly slid the left side of her lips from the right side of his.  And slowly touched his tender lips with hers.  As she reached half way, when the center of their lips where just barely touching, she moved her head back.  And looked down.  She was blushing. Her heart beat was too fast for her to handle.  His was no less.  He opened his eyes.  And looked her her.  Looking down. He picked her up into his arms. 

He took her over to his bed and gently lay her on it. He stood back.  She placed one arm on the side and one on her stomach.  He saw her beautiful face.  Her eyes with alowered gaze.  He looked down, her chest was heavily heaving... Her hands gently placed on her stomach.   He had a lot of emotions inside of him.  He had too much frustration, followed with love.  What was he to do.  He couldnt control his emotions.  She looked at him lovingly.  He stood there just looking at her eyes.  He needed a sign. Just a sign, any sign from her.  She smiled and lowered her gaze again.  He smiled,,, took of hist-shirt.  He had his camisole, (baniyain) on.  His finely sculpted physique, His broadened chest and fit waist, was evident under the tight white camisole. He slowly went and lay down beside her, he lay on his side.  Their hearts were pacing.  He slowly placed his one hand on her stomach.  She moved her hand away and put it on the bed.  He went to the bottom of her shirt and slowly raised it just a bit.  Enough for his hand to be able to touch the tendering of her skin.  He slowly started to rub his hand on her stomach.. She closed her eyes tightly.  They both gulped.  He snuggled his head into her shoulder.  About to kiss the nape of her neck.  He stopped. He felt her tightly holding the bed sheets.  He just moved his head a little back and gently slid his nose along the side of his neck.  Until he came up to her ear.  He waited for a moment. 

He slowly whispered in his deep husky voice.

Arnav:  Khushi.. I dont think i will... I will be able to control myself.  You should go.  He moved his head back and she slowly got up from the other side.  He sat up on the bed and put his feet on the ground.  He kept his gaze down.  And held his hands together.  He waited for her to leave before he would move or even look up.  She got up and kept on looking down.  sHe picked up her jacket and quickely started to zip it.  She had zipped it half when she started to open the door.  She noticed tom and minta standing a little far looking at arnavs room.  She looked down, gulped and zipped her zipper all the way. She rushed out of the dorm.  Minta and tom were shocked.  Minta followed her.  Tom ran to arnavs room. He stood there, he saw arnav getting up from his bed, picking up his shirt from the ground and putting it on.  His eyes were wide opened.  What the hell just happened?

Tom:  Are you serious?

Arnav was shocked to see tom looking at him. He took a deep breath.  He knew that this looked bad, very very bad.  And if tom was here, then that meant that minta saw khushi leaving in that state as well.  He took a big sigh and looked atTom.

Arnav:  Can you take me to the hospital, i might need someone to look at this.  Tom was angry.  He was shocked to his friend like this. 

Arnav just sighed.

Arnav:  nothing happened.  Trust me. A lot could have.  But nothing happened.  Now can you please take me tothe hospital or do i drive with the injured hand? 

Tom was not believing him.  He nodded angrily and got the car. 

Minta followed khushi. Khushi ran into the dorm before minta came.  Minta ran up to her and grabbed her arm.

Minta:  talk.. And start to talk now!  Minta was in no mood to joke around.

Khushi:  there is nothing to say minta.

Minta:  first fix your hair,  it is still tucked in, since you just put on your jacket as you got out of arnavs room. 

Khushi didnt notice her hair was still tucked in. She gulped, looked down and side to side, fixed her hair.  She turned around and tried to walk away.  Minta went ahead and stood infront of her. 

Minta:  what just happened there?  I swear i will call and ask your mom to come here.

Khushi looked at her with widened eyes. 

Khushi:  nothing happened.  I swear. Nothing.  Dont worry. And as for the clothes.  Something got stuck in my jacket, i took it off to fix it and put it back on.  That is all.  

Minta:  khushi, why do i have to keep reminding you that you are engaged to someone else. Arnav was your past. 

Khushi held onto mintas arm gently.

Khushi:  i could never imagine cheating on my fiance.  Trust me.  Never in this lifetime.  

Minta was confused.  Khushi did looked sincere when she said that, but what was going on. Khushi went into her room, closed her laptop and went to bed. 

Minta called Tom.

Minta:  what just happened.

Tom:  no idea. But something is up.  What did khushi say.

Minta:  she said that she said something in her jacket so she took it off to fix it.

Tom:  guess what arnav was like.  Shirtless. When i went in, he was sitting on his bed shirtless.  He said nothing happened between them.

Minta:  yesterday as well.  Khushi said the reason they moved away from the dance area was because someone was eating a lot of meat around that areaand she couldnt see it. So she asked him to move.

Tom:  thats funny, arnav told me khushi was uncomfrotable because some guy was staring at her.  None of their answer match up.  There is something.  That day i saw khushi leaving with a red box and found it at our dorm a little while after. Aranv had it.  We have to help them from making a big mistake. 

Minta:  i dont want them to regret doing something for the rest of their lives. 

Khushi just layed in her bed. Thinking about arnav. Their moments, and why he was angry. But most importantly, his hand. Right then she recieved a text from arnav. 

Arnav:  at the hospital.  Getting a dr to check this out.. Dont worry. 

She laughed.  He knew her too well. 

Khushi:  are you ok. Do you want me to come?

Arnav:  no its ok. Tom is here.  He is already worried about us.. Cheating.. LOL

Khushi:haha.  Its ok.  We can handle them together. 

Arnav:  khushi..

Khushi:  gee.

Arnav:  thanks... For today. 

Khushi started to blush.  She closed her phone and put it to the side.  Tom was standing behind arnav.  All he could see on his phone was the thanks for today part from arnav. He knew it, they were cheating on their fiances. 

The next morning, khushi messaged arnav asking about this hand.  He told her the dr had said it was fine and he was lucky with no deep cuts.  Just to keep a bandage on for a couple of days to allow it to heal.  Khushi sighed of relief. 

She started off her day.  The new term just started, so the first couple of weeks, there were no labs or tutorials to go to.  Khushi had a day off.  She wanted to make something for arnav and just ask him how his hand was.  But for some odd reason Minta decided to stick to her. She wasnt giving khushi even a moment alone, even on her phone that she would be able to message arnav.  Each time minta would interupt her plan, she would just sigh.  There was no point.  Khushi decided to put on a finger print password on her phone.  Knowing minta,she would definetly figure out her password and look into her phone.  Arnav had the same feeling about tom all day.  He seemed extra nosy today.  But most of all, arnav was a bit worried that maybe he took it too far with the bed thing with khushi.  Maybe she was nervous, or embarresed that they came that far.  He kept on arguing with himself. They were engaged, but does that mean they can go more ahead, ordid they already go too ahead in their relationship? There were many questions in his mind that were driving him insane. He needed an excuse to go and see her, but how.  Tom and minta were working on khushi and arnavs case like double secret spy agents. 

Tom: Aranv, mind if i ask you a question, last night what had happened to you?  You were fine on your laptop, then you started to just burst.  What happened.  You got all of us really worried.

Aranv scratched his head. 

Arnav:  yeah about that.  Hey sorry man.  Seriously really sorry. Last night.. I came across some information about my fiancee that just blew my head off.  Two days before the engagement, someone tried to attack her.  I was able to help save her. That is where i got the stitches from on my head.  Yesterday i found out that she knew who it was and didnt do anything about it.  Only for my sake.  So, sorry again Tom. 

Tom just listened patiently.  IT didnt seem as if arnav was lying. But he wasnt telling him the entire truth either. 

Tom:  Maybe you should tell her to.  She might just need that extra support to be able to do something about it.  You do know that most people dont report these things because of fear right. 

Arnav listened to what Tom was saying.  He had a point.  What if Arnav managed to talk to khushi and help her deal with shyam. Even though shyam was his uncle, what shyam did was wrong.  And by no means, would arnav ever tolerate that for anyone, even if it wasnt khushi. IF khushi for his sake could have taken such a big step, then for her sake, he had to take a big step as well. He started to devise a plan.  But it would take a long time to be able to output it.  HE first needed to talk to khushi.  But how was he going to be able to confront her for something she only told Aish, not Arnav. 

Arnav:  Tom, when the time comes, i might need your help for something. I will explain it then, let me just work it out first.  Is that okay? 

Tom:  sure, no problem.  They both exchanged small smiles.

Arnav:  And tom.. Thanks man.  A true friend.  He got up and went and hugged him.  A manly pat on the back hug. 

The day had passed and finally Minta decided to leave khushi alone.  Khushi sighed of relief.  She took out her phone and went to herroom. 

Arnav had just finished his readings, and managed to get into his bed as well.  He picked up his phone ot message khushi. 

Arnav:  HI... Busy.. Sleeping?

Khushi recieved his message and her smile widened. Her eyes brightened.  She lay on her bed and started to text back.

Khushi:  Hi, no. Just got into bed.  How is the hand?

Arnav:  its much better thanks.  Umm.. Khushi...

Khushi:  thank God. Yes...

She waited for two minutes but no reply.

Khushi:  You can say what you want to. 

Arnav:  I am sorry about yesterday.  With the whole blowing up thing.

Khushi:   Can i ask you something.   You can answer if you want. 

Arnav knew what question was coming.  He couldnt tell khushi was he was upset. She didnt know his secret of Aish yet. 

Arnav:  Khushi... Can i tell you the reason later.  Please.  Not like this on the phone. 

Khushi:  How did you know i was going to ask that. 

Arnav: LOL, you forget how close we are sometimes. 

He regretted sending her that text.  He slapped his head.  How could i say that.  Khushis eyes widened.  Did he jsut implied something about yesterday.  Her heart started to beat faster just thinking about yesterday.  He had to do something. 

Arnav:  khushi... I also wanted to say sorry for something else as well.  About last night.  I shouldnt have passed my limits. 

Khushi:  Arnav. Its ok.  Dont worry.  I trust you. 

That made arnav feel much better.  This was the second time he managed to almost pass his limits and khushi forgave him.  He didnt want to make this mistake again.  For that, he thought that maybe,if she was comfortable enough, then they could talk about it.  But only if the situation arose where it was appropriate for them to talk about it. 

Khushi noticed the gap in his response. 

Khushi:  I noticed that Minta was being very nosy today.  She really wanted to make sure that I am not cheating.  I put a fingerprint password now.

Arnav:  IT was the same thing with Tom today.  He kept on looking as to who called on my phone all day.  They might make it a bit difficult to hide this.

Khushi:  i am thinking of changing your name on my phone....

Arnav:  You want help.  I can give you some suggestions.

Arnav was in a playful mood.

Arnav: love, jaan, beloved, ;)  any of they will do

Khushi started to laugh.  Two can play at this game.  She bit her bottom lip. 

Khushi:  Are you trying to openly flirt with me? 

Arnav:  There is a ring on your finger that says i can... Just saying..

Khushi:  that ring my fiance put on my finger.  And according to our friends, my fiance is not here.  So i have no idea what you are talking about.

"that is it!"  thought arnav.  Khushi had given him the perfect idea.  Her birthday was about to come soon, and now he knew exactly what he needed to do. 

Arnav:  I can come over right now and put it on infront of them if you want. Maybe also take some nice close pictures that we werent able to do last time.

Khushis eyes widened.  She didnt trust arnav a tall in this matter, he would be there the next moment.

Khushi:  Good night arnav.  :) 

Arnav chuckled..

Arnav:  Good night. :)

Khushi changed arnavs name on her phone to fiance. And Arnav did the same. IT was discrete enough for no one else to do anything about, but enough for others to get the hint. 

The next morning came and arnav and khushi started off the day with their regular winter morning routines.  Arnav and tom saw khushi and minta walking down the hall. Arnav secretly looked at khushi and smiled, nodded his head and then looked down.  Khushi was hugging her book, she looked up, smiled and shyfully looked down as well.  They kept on walking.  Minta and tom were surprised with the behaviour that arnav and khushi were showing. The rest of the day went by quickely. 

Arnav and Tom were in their dorm getting some of their assignments done.  Arnavs mom called him to ask him how hewas. 

MM:  Kyon Arnav. You got your khushi, so you forget us. Hmm.

Arnav chuckled while his mother laughed.

Arnav:  nothing like that mom, you how i have to finish studying.  Just getting  a head start on some assignments and work.  Ap batao. 

MM:  Nothing, just didnt speak to you for many days, so i thought of giving you a call. While on the other hand there is khushi. Did you know she calls us every single day, even if it is just for aminute or two.  Just to make sure we are ok and everything is fine. 

Arnav smiled. 

Arnav:  Acha, she doesnt call me everyday.  Hahaha. Oh Mom, I had to ask you for something. I kind of needed your permission for something. 

MM was a little confused.  Arnav got up and started to walk to his room.  He went in and closed his door.  He started to scratch the back of his head. 

Arnav:  umm mom.. The thing is that... You know how..

MM:  Arnav just say it. 

Arnav:  You know how it is Jan. 8th right.  In a few days its Khushi's birthday, the13th.  I wanted to plan something really special for her.  I had an idea but, iwanted to get your permission first.  The idea,  umm.. Voh... The ideas actually were that...

MM:  Arnav, we trust you two and more importantly,We and Khushis parents both trust our upbringing.  We know that you both will not do anything that will put the familys name at stake. Dont worry arnav.  If you want to tell me, then i will listen.  But if youare hessitent to, then dont worry. 

Arnav:  Thanks mom. I dont know how, but you always manage to understand.  I was umm, actually thinking .... Giving her something... Acha, tell me something. What colour do you think will look nicer on her, Red, Green, ya? 

MM:  Arnav, close you eyes, and imagine her.  Then tell me what colour do you see. 

Arnav closed his eyes and smiled.  He whispered.

Arnav:  Red.  I see her in red. 

MM smiled.  Her son was a lost cause. 

MM:  So My new new romeo, i am sure that you have a lot of work to get to now.  And yes..Red does suit her.  Let me know if you need my help for anything.  The both hung up the phone. 

Arnav came outside with his laptop and started his work.  Tom noticed his friend working away with a huge smile.

Tom: You seem awfully happy.  All good?

Arnavs smile grew bigger. 

Arnav:  can you keep a secret.  I am trying to impress my fiance.  I am trying to plan something nice for her.  I have this weekend off, and might go to see her.  But dont say a word to anyone at all please.  No one.  He looked down and laughed.

Tom:  I am really happy for you, finally you are moving on.   Dont worry, i wouldnt.  Not even minta.  Dorm mate promise. 

Arnavs phone started to ring. Tom picked it up and saw the name fiancee.

Tom:  Hey arnav, its your fiancees phone. 

Arnav got up and ran towards him.  He grabbed the phone and asked Tom to stay quiet. He answered the phone.

Arnav:  Hello..

Khushi:  Hi, busy? 

Arnav:  yeah, sorry.. Umm.  Is it ok if i call you later.  Please. Is everything ok.

Khushi:  yes dont worry.  Bye

Arnav:  bye. 

Tom:  why didnt you talk to her. 

Arnav:  I want her to think i am too busy or mad, then after surprise her. 

Tom:   Aaahhh.. Okay.. Good luck with that. 

For the next few days, arnav became really busy. He barely answered to any of khushi messages and never even called her.  She was worried.  Did something happen?  Even a small text, or just a one minutes call.  Anything.

It was Friday night, khushi was very tensed since it had been a couple of days since she even saw arnav.  She texted him.

Khushi:  Is everyone ok? 

Arnavjust smiled.  He started to laugh.  He was busy packing his suit case. Tomnoticed arnav packing. 

Tom:  So ready for the big surprise?

Arnav:  Almost. Just a couple of things left to do. Man, I really hope she likes the surprise.  I am really nervous.

Tom laughed.  Arnav left with his suitcase.  Tom just saw him and shook his head.  A little while Tom went over to mintas dorm.  Khushi was there working away on her projects.  Well, she was mostly staring at her phone, hoping that arnav would reply. 

Minta:  Hi tom, you here today?  All good?

Tom:  yeah, just felt bored. Arnavs gone for the weekend, so its just poor little me all alone. Minta started to laugh. 

Khushi:  he left, for the weekend? 

Khushi was shocked.  How come he didnt tell her anything.  Was everything ok?  Did something happen?  She quickely composed her self seeing tom and mintas shocked faces. 

Khushi:  i mean to say that, is everything ok?  Is everyone in his family ok?  I know them from ahead of time.  That is why.  

She said while looking down, side to side.  She was concerned, and didnt want to be caught. 

Tom:  yeah everything is fine.  He just... He is just gone to.... Meet someone for some project of his. 

Tom was trying to be descrete, he knew arnav asked him not to tell anyone anything. 

Khushi went to her room and called arnav.  He didnt answer.  Where was he.  What was going on?  She was about to call MM, maybe she knew.  But immediatly hung up the phone.  What was she to say to her. 

It was now, Saturday afternoon. Since the morning, Khushi was tense.  She called akash, and indirectly asked him.  She called anjali and even indirectly spoke to her.  Everything seemed fine back home.  Then where was he.  MM called khushi after a little while.

MM:  khushi, i have sent you a package... From someone.. Please daikh layna.  Khushi obliged and then closed the phone. 

There was a knock on the door.  Minta opened it.  IT was a courier man. 

Man:  Miss Khushi Gupta. 

Minta asked him to wait for a minute and went to go and get khushi.  Khushi came to the door and took the package.  It was nicely wrapped with a note on top of it.  The note was typed.

To:Khushi

Minta:  who is this from.

Khushi:  My.. Mother in law called and told me that.... Oh my God.. She said.....someone will send me a package. 

She looked at minta with wide eyes.

Khushi: HE sent me a package. 

Khushi smiled.  She gasped for air.  Arnav had sent her something.  She bit her bottom lip trying to conceal her smile.  Minta was shocked.  She had never seen khushi this happy before. 

Minta:  Open it, Open it Open it...

Minta seemed just as excited as khushi.  Khushi closed the door and went to the table. She opened the box.  Inside was a beautiful satin red sari.  The thick border had stars and gems.  It was breathtakingly beautiful.

Minta:  OH MY GOD KHUSHI.  I have never seen such a beautiful sari before.  Man, your man has taste! 

On top of the sari was a note.

Minta:  open it, open it, open it...

Khushi started to laugh as she saw minta. 

Khushi took the note and tried to hide it from minta for a second.  Making sure no name was on it.  It was typed again. 

8 pm atthe Marriot Hotel, Downtown. I will be waiting.

Khushis eyes widened.  She stopped breathing for a minute.  She was in disbelief.  Minta took the note from khushi hand and started to yell..

Minta: aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

She held khushis arms and started to shake her vigourously.

Minta:  You only and hour to get ready.  Marriot is an hour away from here.  HURRY UPPPPP!!!!! Lets goo.. Khushi gasped for air,  minta was right, she only had an hour to get ready. 

Minta:  i will get the other stuff ready, go shower.  GOOOOOO...

Khushi ran and minta started to get everything ready for khushi.

After an hour, khushi was ready.  She looked amazing.  Minta made a french bun, heldup with a rose.  Her makeup was lightly done.  Small hint of red lipstick complimented her black kajal.  She wore her red heels.  The sari complemented her.  She wore it delicately around her small curved waist.  Exposing just a bit of the mid rift, but not too much.  She knew how protective arnav was of her. 

She looked at minta.

Khushi:  i look ok, right?  She asked her nervously.  Looking down at herself. 

Minta:  Khushi, i am sure your fiance will fall in love with you in a second.  Here take your jacket,  it is a bit chilly.  And please... Beta. Dont do anything i wouldnt do.  Our family izzat is at stake here.  Please do do anything that will put our family name to shame. 

Minta held the back of one of her hands against her forehead.  She was back to being her overly melodramatic bollywood queen.

Minta:  or actually, seeing all this.  Definetly do what i would do.  She winked at khushi.. Khushi started to blush. And looked down. 

Minta: Main marjavaan.. Ae haiiii...

There was another knock on the door.  This time a driver came.

Driver:  Is this Ms. Khushi Gupta.  I am here to pick you up.  Your limo awaits outside for you. 

Minta quickely helped khushi put on her jacket and they both went outside. Arnav had sent a big white stretched limo for her. 

Minta and khushi were both surprised.  Mintas mouth was wide open, while khushi gulped. What was arnav up to, she kept on thinking.

Khushi walked over to the limo, and the driver opened the door.  Khushi got in and waved bye to minta.  Minta was still standing there with her eyes and mouth wide opened. 

Minta went back inside and called tom.  She told him what had happened.  Tom was surprised.  Arnav was also mentioning something about a surprise, but he left a day before. 

Minta went over to toms dorm.  There was a letter that had arrived for arnav.  It was from the Marriot Hotel.  Tom placed it on the kitchen table and went to sit down and watch a movie with minta. 

About and hour had passed, when minta felt thirsty. She got up and went to the kitchen. She saw the envelope.  Arnav had a letter from the Marriot.  Her dropped the glass of water. 

Minta:  Tom we need to go NOW.

Tom got up.  He was confused.

Minta:  they are going to make a big big mistake.  We need to go now!  

Khushis limo arrived at the entrance of the hotel. A Valet was standing at the door. He opened her door .  Khushi got out of the limo.  She stood there and was given something by the valet. 

Precap:  arnavs turn to plan a romantic surprise for khushi.  But will his friends let him be able to do it, only time will tell.. Trust me.. Next part you do not want to miss!!

I need a few comments and likes please please please... So i can keep writing.