ARSHI ---Bachpan ka Pyar BKP - MSSG PAGE 51

Posted: 4 years ago

Hi everyone, 

I use to write this fan fiction here called BKP, Bachpan ka pyar.  I was inactive in writing for some time, many people were copying my fanfiction and posting in on other sites as their own.  I was also not feeling very well, so was unable to continue writing.  

That story never got an ending.  I did post notes on how I intended on ending it, but never did.  I am thinking of writing a proper, but DIFFERENT ending for it.  not the same one posted in the fourth thread.  

The link to the first thread is (Thread 1)  (This is thread 5)

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/54940875

Chap 53 … scroll down the page.  

Chapter 54 … Scroll down the page.  Right after the previous chapter. 

Chapter 55 …. scroll down the page!  right after the previous chapter

do read it and let me know what you think.  Should I continue writing it, or just finish it off as is.  Every story needs an end, a proper end.  

Please post your responses here and let me know.  So I can write or stop that fanfiction accordingly.  

Thanks

Freezie

Edited by freezie - 4 years ago

Its always nice to have a completion to the story.

That is very true, thanks for the feedback. 

Recap fromprevious 52 Chapters:

Arnav andkhushi have liked each other since they were kids. Arnav is a quiet andreserved kinda guy, who is very good in his acedmics.  Aspires to go intoresearch. Khushi is a very reserved and cultural desi girl. Always fixing herdupatta, not talking to boys. She does wear westernized clothes outisde of herhouse such as when attending univeristy.   Khushis family moved to anothertown, not to far away. Khushi and her sister, Payal are good friends withAnjali, Arnavs younger sister. Akash also really liked khushi, his desi girl ashe refered to her as. Arnav use to email khushi as an alias named aish. Khushi still doesnt know that. Khushi and arnav attend the same univeristy intoronto. He is final year and she is first year. ARnav khushi, and minta,khushis room mate, all work together at a research lab. Arnav has always triedto slowly woo khushi. Minta and Tom, arnavs room mate got together to helphim.  They posed as a couple, and are now a couple themselves. Khushi andarnav are more than friends, but have not named their ristha anything yet. Asweet cottage trip took place. ARnav took khushi to her home as a surprise forreading week, more than a days drive. Khushi has recived a proposal fromchettan, a girl at her univeristy through her parents.  Arnavs brother andsister figure out about khushi and arnav. All are happy, his mom knew frombefore. Khushis family does not know anything. Just that both parents arereally good family friends. And the girls are all friends. khushis dad getmobbed by a few people at his house. He is hospitalized. Khushi and arnav, (heis also a family friend from child hood) stayed at the hospital allnight.  Arnavs mom suggests that arnav take khushi back with him to theuniverity to garima. She will be less worried and her daughter will reachsafely to the univeristy since reading week is over. Garima agrees. Garima hasalways liked arnav, but knows nothing about khushi and him. On the way back,khushi and arnav stop at a hotel, since the ride is long. Khushi surpises arnavfor his bday. Something he did not expect at all.  Khushi got hurt fromthe candles she lit, and arnav helped treat her. They sleep the night off intheir own rooms. They are about to leave, when khushi stops by to look at herhotel room one last time. Remembering her surprise for arnavs bday.  

I think igot it all.  :S

♥OMAR AKRAM  - Passage into midnight ♥

Put this slip on inthe background to get the full effect of the story.

Part 53.

Arnav:kuch yaad kar rahi thi. Khushi started to breath heavily. She closed her eyestightly. She didn't know why, but her hands slid along his arms and stoppedwhen her arms were crossed on top of his. Their heart beat increased. Bothmaking this last moment in this room last forever. He took in the aroma of herhair. His heart was not under his control. His lips beckoned to touch hersagain. Just a touch, nothing else.  He knew she wouldn’t be comfortable togo any further than that. And he wasnt ready either. But, those few momentsfrom last night were not enough. He craved for more. He knew he could not crossany limits. But his emotions were making his thoughts run wild. He moved hishead a bit back. He started to turn her from around the waist. She now facedhim. Her eyes shut, hands on his chest, breathing heavily, while shyly lookingdown. He looked at her. Her lowered eyes. Her smooth rosy cheeks, the softstrands of hair caressing her face. He brought one hand up and gently tuckedthose strands behind her ear. She tightly closed her eyes. Snuggled her cheekmore into his hand. He had a half smile on his face. Her innocent and pure loveis what made him fall madly in love with her. He tightened his arm around herwaist and slowly pushed her face up with the other hand. She started to breathemore and more heavily. He bend his head in. his breath crashing against herhers. His nose slid against her.  She gently gulped. She didnt know why,but she was starting to get a little nervous.  

Sheslightly parted her lips. His lips were close to her's. With uneven breathes,khushi whispered..

khushi:ahh. Ahhh.. aaarrrnavv.. ap. Yeh.. kya..

Veryvery close. In a deep, husky voice, Arnav whispered.

Arnav:shhh.. just.. a .. touch.. that . Is all I ask.. promise...just.. a ..touch...he stretched the ch in touch in a seductive manner. He brought his lipscloser.  

Herhands that were gently placed on his chest started to tighten.  She nowheld his shirt in her fists.  

But hestopped.  He felt her hessitation. Her hands were now tightly starting tohold onto his shirt.  He was confused. Last night khushi her self allowedfor them to come this close. She herself said yes.  But now. Why was shenow worried. He slowly moved his head a little back. Closed his eyes. Closedhis lips, and took a deep breath.  Last night was different. It wasspecial. He moved his lips close to hear ear. And gently whipsered in his huskyvoice

Arnav: I am sorry.  Phir kabhi.  

Khushigently closed her lips and sighed.  A sense of relief was felt, but also asense of guilt.  They both moved a little back. She looked down, side toside.  She was not ready to look at him in the eyes. He also looked downand scratched the back of his head with his right hand.   He cleared histhroat. 

Khushislowly looked up at him.  If she did she knew he would start to feelguilty for letting his desires get the better of him.  She trusted him andhe loved her.  

Shegently cupped his face and tilted her head with a smile.  

Khushi: hummay chalna chaheyeh hai.  Dair hogeigi. He smile and nodded hishead.  They both walked silently to his car. Avoiding eye contact. He was confused, and she felt bad. She knew he moved back because of her. Arnavopened Khushis door and she sat down.  He went to his side, and started todrive. 

Sheknew he was a bit upset, and needed to talk to him.  He just looked ahead a he drove.  He seemed to be in a deep thought.  HE drove with just one hand and  rested the elbow of the other on the windowledge, while placing the finger on his lips. 

He wasalways there for her, always found a way to make her feel better.  It was her turn now.  She looked down.  And smiled. She, cleared her throat  andlooked at him.  With a tilt in her head,a small smile on her face she asked

Khushi:coffee break? 

Hechuckled. 

Arnav:  sure, let me find a store before we get onthe highway.  He saw a coffee store upahead and stopped the car.  He went a gottwo cups.  She was surprised to seetwo.  They always shared one.  She thought to herself, something must bebothering him.  Was it this morning, wasit something else. 

He gaveher cup of coffee and sat in his seat. He placed his coffee cup in the cupholder.  She placed hers in her cupholder.  She had to think of a way tohelp arnav.  He started to drive. 

Khushi:  um... Voh. She gulped.  Um hum, kaheen pargari rookh kar pee lain.  Before we goback on the road.  It is hot and we mightdrop it.   

Arnavlooked at her with a curious look.   Butsmiled it off, he could never say no to her. He nodded his head. 

Hepulled over to the near by parking lot.  He was about to grab his cup, when she picked it up and moved it to theother side.  He looked at her inamazement.  She looked at him, with amischevious smile.  He was amazed to seeher this way.  She sucked in her lips andtried to hide her smile.  She took a gulpand started to speak.

Khushi:  ek game khailain. 

Arnav:  what. A game.  Abhi?  He looked at her with curiousity.  Had a half opened mouth smile, squinted oneeye and just looked at her. 

Khushinodded her head and smiled. 

Arnav:   kya game hai.  Batao. He just smiled at her.  They bothturned on the bench to face each other. 

Khushi:  she widened her eyes, bit her bottom lip andwith a smirk started to say, Freezie GAME. She giggled.

Arnav:  seriously. Abhi.  You know what happened lasttime right.  Akash made me eat an entirebag of mirchiyan because of you. 

Theyboth laughed. 

Khushi:  I remember, but this time we will use coffee. One person will ask a question, if the other person doesnt answer thenthey give the cup to the first person. The first person gets to take a sip of the coffee.  IF they do answer, then they get to.  But if they lie, the first person gets totake two sips.  And there is only onecoffee. 

Arnavlaughed.

Arnav:you have spent too much time around Akash, you do know that right. 

Khushijust game a big smile and nodded her head. 

Khushi:ap shuru karain.

Arnavcleared his throat and took a deep breath.

Arnav:  okay. Umm..tumhara dil cha raha hai wapas university ganay ka?  He has a huge grin on his face as he askedthis?  Khushi blushed and look down.  She started to giggle, and handed him thecoffee.  He took a sip.

Khushilooked up and bit her bottom lip. 

Khushi:daikh thay hain.  Apnay kal anjali kobataya kyon tha jab usnay... Humaray baray main pocha?  She shy fully looked down. He picked up thecoffee. 

Arnav:Kyonkay tumhay thang kar nay ka dil cha raha hai.  Plus she already figured it outcompletely.  Is tarhan say tho puricoffee meri hi hogi. And with that he took a sip.   He was meaning to ask khushi something sincelast night, but didnt know how.  This washis change.

Arnav:kal raat ho, when I was helping you with the candle burn, ... Ahem.. I had toopen up your dress.  Tumhay bura thonahin laga tha na.  He looked at her witha concern.  She picked up the coffee andslowly negatively shook her head.  Shekept on looking at the ground.

Khushi:  nahin, mujhe ap par bharosa hai.  As she said this, she looked up and theireyes met.   A smile crept onto both oftheir faces.  She then took a sip. 

Khushi:ap subha do coffees kyon lai? 

Arnavchuckled.  They always shared one, andtoday he brought two seperate ones. 

Arnav:  mujhe laga tumhari need nahin puri howi hogi,is liye do lay aya.  Before he could getthe cup, she got it and took two sips. She then looked at him with eyes that were asking him to tell her thetruth.  He smiled and look the otherway.  What could they do, theirs eyesspoke the truth that was inside of their hearts to each other. 

Khushi:  Ap ko kya baat parayshan kar rahi hai?

Arnavjust looked at her.  How did she know hewas thinking about something.  He didntasnwer the question and handed her the cup.

Arnav:  tumnay cream lagai thi? 

Shedidnt answer and gave him the cup.  Shesadly looked down.  She couldnt lie tohim.  He took the cup and put it aside.  She placed both of her hands on her lap.   He moved a little closer and held herhands. 

Arnav:  ek kaam kar thay hain, put the cream on, andI will tell you.  Hmm.  She agreed. But didnt know how she would be able to do that.  He got out of the car and got the cream fromher bag.  He knew she would not be ableto put the cream on herself.  He came toher side of the car and passed her the cream. 

She wasstill wearing his shirt from last night, but had worn it the right way, thebuttons were now at the front.  She tookthe cream and moved her hair to the side. She tried to reach the back of her neck. But the stretching from the burns were not allowing her to move her handthat much.  Arnav saw this.  And opened her door.  He took the cream from her hand and asked herto get out of the car.  She obliged.  He looked side to side to make sure no oneelse was around.  Luckily the parking lotwas empty.  He took out a bit of thecream onto his right hand and turned her body around.  Now her back was facing him.  He slowly moved forward and held onto herleft shoulder with his other hand.  Henow leaned his head onto of her left should and quietly asked in his huskyvoice 

Arnav:  Ijazat hai? She slightly turned her head towards him and looked down.  She shyfully nodded. 

Whilekeep his head above her left shoulder, he slowly crept his hand under her shirtfrom the back.  Khushi took a deep breathin.  She gulped.  And tightly closed her eyes.  He looked towards her and smiled.  Slowly he slid his hand up, until he got tothe lower part of the burn on her back. He gently started to apply the cream. She gasped for air. 

He knewthe effect that his touch had on her.  Hegently applied the cream.  As he wenthigher up the back, the shirt started to rise from the bottom.  He moved back from her shoulder and moved tothe right until he was fully blocking her back. And continued to apply the cream. Khushi kept her eyes tightly closed, hands held with tightly infront ofher and started to breath deeply.  Itwasnt the pain from the burn that was affecting her, it was his soothing touchthat she was feeling.  Once he reachedthe top of the burn he slowly slid his hand out from the back of hershirt.  Once he moved, he closed the lidon the cream and put it back.  Khushiqueitly sat back into the car.  But shecoulnt put her back to the back rest of the seat yet. 

He was alittle confused, more than this morning now. IF his touch had such an effect on her, then why was she hessitant inthis morning.  They came very close lastnight, but what happened this morning. He went back to her side and opened her door.  He scrunched down until he was at her eyelevel.  She turned her body around andleft her feet hanging outside while she sat in her seat.  She placed her hands on her lap.  He held her hands while keeping them in herlap.  She kept looking down.

Arnav:  tumhay kaisay pata kay mujhe koi baatparayshan kar rahi hai? 

Khushi:  bas pata tha. Looking down.

Arnav:  ek baat poochon tumsay, and please do answerit.  I need to know.  He looked at her with concern.  Knowing khushi, she might just keep lookingat the ground and not answer.  He couldread her eyes, but after what he was about to ask, would she even look up athim.  He took a deep breath.

Arnav:  last night when I came over to cut the cake,hum.. We.. I mean, you and I came very close. (arnav knew he had to use the right words, otherwise khushi might not becomfortable answering).  We. Umm...we,you know.  I asked you If I could... (hecleared his throat)...if I could...

Khushiknew what he was trying to say.  Andgently, but quietly said "hmm". She acnowledged what he was trying to get it.  Arnav gulped. 

Arnav:  you said yes... Right?  He looked at her questioningly.

Whilekeeping her eyes on their hands placed in her lap, she nodded her head. 

Arnav:  I know you said yes, but we didnt.  Right. But we did......i mean..

Arnavstopped and thought for a moment.  If himand khushi wanted to have a stronger relationship, they needed to become moreopen with each other.  He had to choosehis words carefully, but he had to try to move to them being able to talk aboutwith each other about this more comfortably. He started to speak more slowly and gently whipered..

Arnav:  our...lipsss... Did... Touch...right?  He just kept on tilting his head to one sideand the other to be able to see khushis face or reaction. 

Khushigulped, and started to bite her bottom lip. She closed her eyes.  She didntwant to look at his eyes right now.  Shefelt a bit embarresed.   He started toask again..

Arnav:  right khushi? They did touch right.  But wedidnt...(he paused and whispered) ...kiss...

Khushiseye brows furrowed.  Her eyes tightlyshut.  She gulped.  He held on more tightly to her hands. 

Arnav:  Khushi I am sorry,  I really am. I shouldnt have raised this. Sorry.  He was about move hishands away, when she held onto them.  Shewas ready.  How much was she ready, sheherself didnt know.   She nodded herhead.  Arnav sighed of relief.  He held onto her hands tightly again.  He gently cleared his throat.

Arnav:   You know I wouldnt do anything, and I knowyou wouldnt either that would not allow us to look at our own self in themirrors. Right.  She nodded her headwhile looking at their hands. 

Arnav:  Thab phir, this morning before we left thehotel, we were in the same position again. But this time, you seemed a little tensed.  I could feel you were uncomfortable.  Why? Please  khushi, please tellme. 

Khushiknew she had to speak.  She trusted andloved him, and he did her.  She lickedher bottom lip and started gently answer.

Khushi:Voh...main.... Kal raat..it... Was....Her chest was heaving heavily.  She sucked in her bottom lip.

Arnav:It was... Different....  She looked up tohis eyes.  She knew he understoodher.  Why was she very hessitant inspeaking to him. She could see deep love, just love in his eyes.  He wanted to understand, and he had the rightto understand.  She was giving his thisright. 

Khushi:  gee... Aur....voh...umm...arnav.  Any step we take further, the next step willalways be more than the last.  She saidwith concern.  ...Voh....I think..Ifeel....that....She stopped and looked down again. 

Arnav:  we are moving too fast.  IS that it. She nodded.  Her eyes becamemoist.  She was scared.  She needed time to process what washappening.  Arnav cupper her face andpushed it up. 

Arnav:  Khushi.. Look at me.. Please...  She slowly raised her eyes and looked intohis.

Arnav:  The relationship that we share isspecial.  But it is only a relationshipif both of us are happy in it.  IF youever feel that we may be moving too fast, or something is not right, then youneed to tell me.  I really .... Loveyou...

A tearescaped her eyes.  He wiped it with histhumb. 

Arnav:  You need to speak to me. I need to know howyou feel about something, about me, about us. Please.  Promise me that you willtry from now on.  Please promise me.  Khushi looked into his deeply concernedloving eyes and nodded.  He smiled. 

Khushi:  ap bhi ek vada karaingy.. Please. She lookedat him lovingly.  He smiled and noddedhis head.

Khushi:ap bhi yahi vada karaingay humsay....Arnav smiled at her.  She started to show and talk about her loveand concern for him. 

Arnav:  vada. They both sighed of relief and smile. 

Arnav:  Chalain. She nodded. 

Afterarnav had put on his seat belt, he took out his hand and opened it towardskhushi.  She looked at his hand andshyfully smiled.  She took out her hand,but made a fist.  She only took out herindex finger.  His smile grewbigger.  HE hooked his finger ontohers.  They both silently drove back tothe campus, remembering the week that had passed, the night that had passed,and thought about the days to come. 

As Arnavparked his car at the campus parking, Khushi started becoming a bit sad.  She didnt want the trip to end.  Just being alone with him, silently sittingbeside each other.  Silence had alwaysbeen very comforting for them. 

Arnavgot the bags out.  And moved towardskhushi. He noticed her getting a bit upset. He felt the same.

Arnav:  Khushi.. Humari manzil agai. 

Shelooked at him and softly smiled.  Yes,their manzil had arrived.  They startedto walk towards her dorm room.  AS khushiopened the door, they both walk in quietly. He placed her bags by her room door. They both stopped and just looked at each other.  Arnavs eyes looked deeply into hers.  Both with a gentle smile on their face.   He slowly leaned in, cupped her face withhis left hand.  Her heart started to beatfaster.  He came closer and closer.  Leaned into her ear and gently whispered.

Arnav:  thanks khushi, for coming with me.  And for being with me.  He leaned back, just inches away from herface and moved his head a bit up.  Heleaned in and placed a soft and gentle kiss on her forehead.  She closed her eyes and took a slow deepbreath.  He also closed his eyes.  Keeping his tender lips on the soft skin ofher forehead. 

All of asudden, they heard something.

"OH...MY.....GOD.....".  They immediatly moved back and turned theirheads around.  It was Minta.  Standing there, just staring at them with hereyes wide opened.  Jaws dropped.  She was in SHOCK.  Complete shock.  Khushi and Arnav looked at each other withwidened eyes and both took a big gulp. Khushi cheeks started to turn crimson red.  And Arnav just turned around and left theirdorm.  He raced out of their. 

Khushiclosed her eyes.  Took a deep deepbreath, then turned towards Minta.  Sheknew she had to deal with her, but didnt want to.  She looked at her for a second, then ran intoher room.  Before she could  close the door, Minta already got her hand inand barged inside the room.  Khushilooked at her.  Minta has the biggestsmile on her face.  Her eyes were wideopen.  She stopped and then started tohave a mischevious look in her eyes.  Shestarted to raise her eyesbrows in a I need to know all the details now.  She came into her melodramtic bollywood modeand started off with her banter. 

Minta:  Hai Devi Maiyya,   Main badnaam hogae... Meri beti main apnamoo kala kar liya.  She started to beather chest with both of her hands.  Khushistarted just staring at her and placed one hand on her hip and the other on herforehead.  She was never going to hearthe end of this. 

Khushi:  Minta.... Stop.  Nothing like that at all. 

Minta:  Nothing... Nothing... Nothing at all.  Are you kidding me khushi.  Are you actually seriously saying to me thatthat was nothing as all. 

Khushi:  yes minta,  that was nothing.  It was just asimple gesture of saying bye.  Bas. 

Minta:  bye can also just be said.. Verbally.   Not stamped on her forehead.  Agar main na ati, tho tum dono aur kya kyakar thay... Ch ch ch ch ch..... Hahahaha.  She started to laugh uncontroablly. 

Minta:  sorry yaar, i should have kept my mouthshut.  Zabardasti tumhara 'private'moment bigar diya. BTW, nice shirt.   Khushi took a deepbreath then started to giggle. 

Khushi:  no minta, its ok.  And dont worry.  Aisa kuch nahin hai.  Its just that, its his birthday today and wehad a nice ride home.   Bas.  and the shirt is his, I needed one, and he gave me his.  bas. okay.   Acha I have to call amma and bauji.  I need to make sure that they are ok, and ifhe came home from the hospital.  Khushicontinued to explain what happened to her dad and called them to inform themthat she arrived. 

Arnavreached his dorm room, placed his bags on the ground and fell onto hisbed.  He faced the ceiling and ran one ofhis hand through his hair while placing the other on the stomach.  He received a text from Minta..

Mintawrote: Munni Badnaam howi Darling Tere Liye :D.... Official GF/BF???

Arnavtexted back: No, its Munna badnaam howa. Lol.  And please dont use thoseterms infront of her.  We are still not there yet.  Oh, also Khushi got hurt, she needs help putting her cream on.  She will never tell her herself. tell her if she doesnt let you, then I will come.  thanks. 

Arnavstopped and thought for a moment.  Werethey there at that stage, or were they not. Khushi asked last time what their relationship was.  And he had no answer, but do they have ananswer now?  He had to find out what shethought.  There was only one way ofasking without hurting her.  He got upand opened his laptop. 

HiKhushi,

It hasbeen such a long time since you last replied. I hope all is ok with you.  I am abit worried.  Havent spoken to my friendfor a long time. 

I alsoneeded some help with this girl I told you about.  She was asking me what our relationshipwas.  I did not know what to answer toher.  I always thought of her as a morethan friends, but can we name this relationship of ours.  And if so, what.  Please help me figure this out.  Any advice or expereince is helpful at themoment.  I am in a difficult positionhere.  I dont want to loose her by givingher the wrong answer.  I care about her too much. 

I willbe waiting for your reply.

Aish.

Minta received his text and went up to Khushi and asked about the cream Arnav gave her.  Khushi was shocked.  but gave minta the cream, she thought she needed it for herself.  

Minta:  ok, so which hand do I have to put it on.  hmmm. 

Khushi gulped.  she looked down.  and turned around.  

Khushi: no no, its ok.  main khud kar longi.  

Minta:  no Khushi, Arnav said I have to, you will never do it yourself and cant apparently.  tho bataona.  otherwise I will text him and he will do it.  

Khushi turned around and told her the back.  Minta looked a bit confused.  back par, she thought.  Khushi turned arnavs shirt around so the buttons side was facing the back.  Minta jus stood there more confused than ever.  

Khushi:  Voh,, back par... open the buttons from the top, you will see.  she started to blush and turn red. 

Minta: Wait, agar main ab laga rahi hoon. tho pehlay kis nay lagai thi.  OMG.  Arnav.  are you serious.  This I need to hear about now.  Main laga thi hoon, and you tell me, otherwise I call him and I will tell him I didn't,  then he will do this again..  your choice. 

Khushi gulped and started to tell her how he applied it in the parking lot.  If she would have told minta about last night, then that would be too much.  Minta just listened with a big smile as she applied the cream.  She was still in disbelief.  Once it was done, minta buttoned up her shirt and Khushi turned around. Minta smiled at Khushi.

Minta:  Khushi, I am honestly very very happy for you.  you have no idea.  you found your Mr. Perfect.  And you trusted him.  And he respected you.  You have no idea how lucky you are.  Don't ever let go of him.  

Precap: Does khushi started to question her own relationships, and there is are-entry.  An amusing re-entry.   

Please post your comments and feedback.  

Freezie Di

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWpsNffVi4&list=RDEMXFfghlblwoz8qFimvk2Syw&index=18

**PLEASE DO COMMENT***  I don't know if I should continue to the end of this story or not.  

Chapter 54

Minta received his text and went up to Khushi and asked about thecream Arnav gave her.  Khushi was shocked.  but gave minta the cream,she thought she needed it for herself.  

Minta:  ok, so which hand do I have to put it on. hmmm. 

Khushi gulped.  she looked down.  and turned around. 

Khushi: no no, its ok.  main khud kar longi.  

Minta:  no Khushi, Arnav said I have to, you will never do ityourself and cant apparently.  tho bataona.  otherwise I will texthim and he will do it.  

Khushi turned around and told her the back.  Minta looked abit confused.  back par, she thought.  Khushi turned arnavs shirtaround so the buttons side was facing the back.  Minta jus stood theremore confused than ever.  

Khushi:  Voh,, back par... open the buttons from the top, youwill see.  she started to blush and turn red. 

Minta: Wait, agar main ab laga rahi hoon. tho pehlay kis nay lagaithi.  OMG.  Arnav.  are you serious.  This I need to hearabout now.  Main laga thi hoon, and you tell me, otherwise I call him andI will tell him I didn't,  then he will do this again..  yourchoice. 

Khushi gulped and started to tell her how he applied it in theparking lot.  If she would have told minta about last night, then thatwould be too much.  Minta just listened with a big smile as she appliedthe cream.  She was still in disbelief.  Once it was done, mintabuttoned up her shirt and Khushi turned around. Minta smiled at Khushi.

Minta:  Khushi, I am honestly very very happy for you. you have no idea.  you found your Mr. Perfect.  And you trustedhim.  And he respected you.  You have no idea how lucky youare.  Don't ever let go of him.  

Minta left khushis room and messaged tom.  During the past week, Minta and Tom hadbecome very close.  She reminded him thatit was Arnavs birthday and that they needed to celebrate it.  She would get the cake and not to tell arnavor khushi about anything.  They just hadto arrive by 8. 

The arrangements were ready and the boys arrived.  Arnav did not know that the friends gottogether to arrange this for him.  Arnavknocked on the door.  Khushi openedit.  They both were surprised to see eachother.  Smiled, and khushi shyfullylooked down. She move away allowing arnav to follow.  She was about to close the door when Tomstarted to walk in.

Tom; Khushii.. Let me in. 

Khushi stopped and turned around. Everyone was laughing and khushi started to apologize.  She didnt notice him.   She saw no one else after she sawArnav. 

They all sat down and Minta and Tom brought out the cake. 

Minta / Tom:  Happy birthdayto you.. Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday day Khushi ka arnav... Happybirthday to you... Everyone started to laugh, and Khushi started to blush.  She fixed her hair strands behind her ear andlooked down.  She felt a littleembaressed, but didnt mind. 

Minta:  well we thought thatsince you guys were travelling, you would not have had a chance to celebratethe birthday.  So surprise.  

Khushi and Arnav smiled. They were trying to keep their smiles the smallest they possiblycould.  They did celebrate his birthday,with roses, cards, cake... And ... Special moments.  Arnav licked his lips and said thankyou. 

Arnav picked up the knife. He wanted to cut the cake with khushi, but since everyone else wasthere, he didnt.  Everyone clapped andarnav cut the cake.  He picked up a smallpiece and turned towards khushi.  Sheshyfully looked down, and started to fix the strands of hair behind her earagain. 

Minta:  Oh come oneKhushi... Aj subha kay baad, .. Hmmmm... She looked at her with her eyes wideopened and eyebrows were arched up. 

Khushi looked up and took the first opened her mouth slowly.  Arnav put his forward.  She was about to close her mouth  when he pushed his hand a little bit moreforward.  Her soft lips were now touchingthe tender tips of his fingers.  Shegently closed her mouth, and he slowly pulled his hands out.  Khushi started to blush.  She hoped that minta and tom didnt noticethat.  They did, but turned they otherway.  They didnt want her to feel awkwardat this time.  Arnav saw that they werelooking the other way, so he quickly licked his fingers that her lips justtouched.  One tip at a time.  Very quietly though.  He didnt want anyone else to notice.  But khushi did.  She smiled and negatively nodded herhead. 

Arnav:  tasty cake.  Thanks. Khushi started to bit her bottom lips. She didnt notice but a peice of cake was stuck to the side of hermouth. 

Minta and tom turned around. Minta tried to point out the peice of cake on the side of her mouth, butkhushi didnt understand what she was saying. Arnav saw this and couldnt let a chance like this go. It was hisbirthday afterall. 

Arnav:  ek minuteminta,   khushi,,, look here.  Khushi turned her face towards him.  He gently rubbed his index finger along theside of her lip getting the peice of cake. Khushi gulped.  Her eyeswidened.  He took his finger with thepeice of cake and brought it close to his mouth.  The smirk on his face was verymischevious.  He raised one eyebrow andlicked his finger.  Minta wasamazed.  Did  Arnav just do what she thought he did.  Arnav and khushi did come a lot closer toeach other during the last one week. What was going on. 

Khushis phone rang.  HerMother had sent her a video call.  Khushiwas confused what to do.  She went to theother side of the room and answered it.

Garima:  Khushi, itni dairkyon laga di.  Tumsay theek say baatnahin ho pae thi din may. 

Khushi:  sorry amma, vohmera phone paas main nahin tha.  Sabtheek hai. 

Garima:  haan bitiya,  abhi tumharay bauji ko ghar par lay kar aehoon.  Yeh awaz kaisi hai peechay. 

Khushi:  voh birthday partyhai amma. 

Garima:  kis ki?  What was khushi to say,  she was stumped.  Since it was a video call, she would get caughtlying.  Arnav walked up to her and tookthe phone.  Khushis eyes widened. 

Arnav:  Namaste Aunty.  Ap Kaisi hain?  Uncle kaisay hain ab?  Apki Khushi ko sahe say yahan par pohchadiya, dont worry.  He smiled at her.Garima was confused.  What was Arnavdoing there.  They arrived a while back,why was he with khushi. 

Garima:  Arnav bitwa.  Hum sab theek hai.  Uncle bhi ab ghar agaye hain.  Aur haan beta, shukriya, tumnay khushi koapany sath lay liye.  Magar tum abhiwahan par kya kar rahay ho?  Kis kibirthday hai?

Arnav:  Meri hai aunty.  Yahan par sab dost hain.  Khushi ki dost,  kya naam hai... Minta bhi hai aur bhi dosthain.  He looked at them and told them toloudly say hi.  Both Minta and tom loudlygreeted her.  Garima took a sigh ofrelief. 

Garima:  array, happybirthday arnav.  Bhagwan tumhay sarikhushiyan dai.  Phulo, phalo.  Angan bharo. \

Arnav: iska kya matlab hai aunty?

Garima:  iska matlab hai kayparhai achi ho, shadi jaldi say ho, ek achi pyari dulhan milay, aur jaldi saybohot saray bachay hoon jo ghar ka aangan bhar dain.  Arnavs eyes widened.  His smile grew bigger.  Khushi was in shock.  She looked at him with widended eyes.  By this point, Minta and tom were laughingand enjoying the scene. 

Arnav:  Apka hukum saraakhon par.  Voh main chal tha hoonaunty.  Bohot dair ho gae hai.  Ap khushi ki jinta mat kariyeh ga.  Bye aunty. 

Khushi took the phone and quickly finished the call.  Arnav was waiting for her to finish.  He folded his hands and was standing againstthe wall.  There was no way he was goingto give up this opportunity.  Once khushidisconnected the call, he walked up to her. His hands still folded infront ofhim.  he Leaned into her right ear andwhispered.

Arnav:  Main soch raha hoonkay aj hi rishta bhaig doon.  Aunty gaveme such a big responsibility.  I meanmarriage and many, many, many kids right. I think we should start soon. What do you say?

Khushiwas red.  Crimson red.  She pushed him away and started tosmile.  Arnav chuckled.  He went and sat down beside tom andminta.  He looked at them with a smirk,raised eyebrow and negatively shaked his head.

Arnav:  i am not telling you guys anything, so nopoint. 

Khushi'sphone rang again, her mom had forgotten to talk to her about why she called.

Garima:  khushi bitya, voh.  Yaad hai mainay tumhay bataya tha na, unhoonnay aj rishta bhaiga hai.  Bitya.  Millayna us larkay say.  Main usko tumhara number day dongi.  Acha chal thi hoon, tum apni party enjoykarna. 

Khushiwas shocked.  She gulped.  Everyone had heard.  There was silence in the room.  Arnav just stared at khushi.  Say something, just say no,  was all he could think of.

Khushi:  gee, bye amma. 

Arnavgot up and said by to minta and tom. 

Arnav: Ishould get going. I have a lot of work to do. Thanks for everything guys. 

Khushiwalked up to arnav.  He seemed hurt.  His eyes were upset at her.  Why didnt she just say no.  She looked at him directly into hiseyes. 

Khushi:  Chai ya coffee.  Choose one. Arnav took a deep breath... She knew what he needed.  Tom and minta were a little confused.  Arnav wanted to leave and she was asking himto choose one. 

Shetilted her head a bit and looked at him questioningly again.  Arnav took a deeper breath and looked ather. 

Arnav:  chai. He went back and sat down at the table. Khushi went and made three cups of tea. She knew he needed reassurance that she was his.  No matter who came or went.  She gave Minta and tom their cups at thesofa.  And sat beside arnav at thetable.  She put the one cup of chaibetween them.  He looked at her and shelooked at him.   He still seemed a bitupset.  They quietly shared their onecup.  Arnav told minta and khushi tocheck their emails.  Gabrialla, the labprofessor had emailed everyone.  He justwanted khushi to open her email and read Aish;s email and reply to it. 

Arnavand Tom both returned to their dorms and Arnav opened his laptop.  Tom asked arnav who this new guy was. 

Arnav:  He sent a proposal for khushi.  We met his family last week during a familypicnic.  He is the new problem in ourlives.  Dont ask man.  I have to figure out a way of dealing withhim.  The problem is, if i tell him, thenhe will tell his parents who are talking to khushis parents. 

Tom:  but dont her parents know. I mean the way youwere talking to them. 

Arnav:  They consider me like their son.  Since we were kids.  But they, no one in her family actually,knows about us. 

Arnavrecieved a reply from khushi. 

Hi Aish,

Soosorry for not replying earlier.  I wastoo busy.  Went back to my parents forreading week.  And there was too muchgoing on.  Sorry again.  All is good with me, hope all is well withyou. 

AS foryour problem.  I honestly dont know whatto say.  I think that a relationship thatyou have with someone can only be defined by those two.  Not anyone else.  And if you really cared for her, you wouldtalk to her about it openly. Relationships take time to build. And as we build them, their names change.  Friends, then more than friends.  But it is up to you how you define it. Hopethat helps.

Khushi.

Arnavdidnt get the answer he was looking for. Did she consider him her significant other?  She didnt speak about her own experience, orany of her names of relations or how she defines them.  He emailed her again.

HiKhushi,

But whatdo you call friends and what do you call more than friends.  What do you call after that?

Aish.

Khushiwas surprised by the quick response she got this time.  It was supposed to be early early morning inIndia. But she sensed he was in a problem. She opened up her chat window and they started to chat.

Khushi:  Hi Aish, this will be easier.  Dont you have to go to work or school rightnow.  Isnt it early morning for you?

Aish:  no, its my day off.  I need to know, if you can please help mewith this.  Define friends and more thanfriends for me please.

Khushi:  ok. I can try.  Friends are people you enjoy spending youtime with.  They share common interestsor hobbies. 

Aish:  and more than friends??  (Arnav waited for his reply)

Khushi:  someone you are friends with, but also haveemotions attached.  I guess.  You share a liking for each other. 

Aish:  And if it is more than like?

Khushi:  meaning?

Aish:  if it is more than liking.  More towards love.

Khushi:  then the next stage I guess.  I mean liking is being attracted tosomeone.  And love is when someone livesin your heart i guess.  I am not so sure.

Aish:  mind if i ask a personal question.  Please answer. Maybe your answer will help mefigure out a solution to my problem.

Khushi:  i can try.

Aish:  do you have a significant other?  (Khushipaused.  She didnt know what to write. Ifshe said yes, she would have to talk about arnav.  And if she said no, she would be lying).

Khushi:  I dont know how that would help you. 

Aish:  i can try to compare my relationship withyours.  Please tell me khushi.  Do you have a significant other????

Khushithought for a moment.  What could shepossibly write.  She thought to herselfthat Aish was in India, and he was an old old friend of hers.  She could share this with him.  He really needed her advice, maybe she couldhelp out an old friend.  Arnav washolding his breath.  Please answer khushiwas all he was able to think.

Khushi:  My life does have a significant person init.  I think  (Arnav took a sigh of relief)

Aish:  how do you define your relation withhim?  Do you like him, or more?

Khushi:  My relation is special.  We have a good understanding. 

Aish:  do you like him or love him>

Khushi>  I dont know how to answer that for you.   (Arnav understood she was hessitant to sayanything)

Aish:  sorry, i know i am getting a bit personal,but would you say you are more than friends or what?  Please answer and tell me. 

Khushi:..... Voh..

Ais:please.  I promise i will tell noone.  Trust me.  Please (khushi gulped.)  

Khushi:  maybe more than friends.  I have to go. Bye.

Withthat she signed out.  She said more thanshe should have.  Arnav smiled.  He thought that finally khushi herself saidthat they were more than friends.  Heclosed his laptop and went to bed. 

The nextmorning, Khushi was about to go for her yoga. She opened his windows and noticed that it had started to snow.  The winter season had already come.  She was amazed by seeing all of the littledelicate snow flakes gently glide their way through the sky to her window.   She hugged herself and took a deep breath.  A small smile crept onto her lips.  She imagined arnav coming up from behind her,sliding his hands along her arms and hugging her.  If only, that could have happened.  But shook her head and giggled.  What was she thinking.  She actually started to hope for him to comeand hold her tight.  She wanted to sharethis special feeling, seeing the beauty outside with him by her side.  She got up and got her phone.  There was a message.  

Arnav:  Good morning, please dont go outsidetoday.  Its snowing.  :)  Seeyou in the lab later today. 

Shesmiled, blushed a bit.  She wanted to goto the lab from now, but knew she couldnt. The day went by, classes were going on, assignments and papers beingwritten.  Later that evening khushi wentto the lab.  Arnav was alreadythere.  Writing away.

Gabriella:  Arnav we have a deadline to submit the thesisin two weeks, right before the exams.  Doyou think you can manage?  Otherwise ourentire research paper will be postponed for the next time.  

Arnavseemed a bit worried.

Arnav:  yes dont worry, I will have it done. 

Khushistopped and thought for a moment.  Arnavsentire research and career is on the line. He needs to focus on that.  I cantlet him get distracted by us. 

Gabriella:  Khushi, also for you and Minta, can you lether know that the lab will be closed for two weeks, then its exams.  There is not much research, just a lot ofwriting it up going on now.  Once theexams are done and next terms starts then we will resume.  Is that ok.

Khushinodded and started to quietly do her work. She had left before Arnav was done his work.  She knew it would be a late night for him atthe lab.  She went to her dorm, changedand put her stuff away.  Minta hadalready gone to bed.  Khushi heard aknock on the door.  She got her duppataand opened the door.  It was arnav, witha single long stem rose.  He seemedreally tired, but managed to smile as he looked at her.  She smiled back.  She took the rose and allowed him in. 

He wentand crashed himself on the sofa.  Shesmiled.  She went and made a cup of teaand his favourite veggie sandwich. 

He sawthe tray she brought for him and smiled.

Arnav:  You always know what I need when.  Thanks. He smiled at her with a lot of love and gratitude.  She sat beside him.  He tried to feed her first, but she politelyrefused. 

Khushi:  I just ate a while back.  Yeh apkay liye hai.  Arnav sighed. And started to eat.  She waitedfor him to finish.  She had to talk tohim.  She looked at him, and he saw thatshe wanted to say something.  She got upto put the dishes away and picked up the rose he got her.  She queitly went into her room to put therose on the night table with the others. Arnav followed her to her room door. He gently knocked on it,.  Makingsure not to wake up minta in the other room. She smiled and nodded, allowing him to come in.  Even though they had been very close before,they both never forgot their roots, their love was pure.  They respected each other, and that is whatmade them stronger. 

She wentand stood infront of the window.  Justlike she did in the morning.  Huggingherself.  Slowly she felt arnavs handsglide their back from the back to the front. He rested his head against hers. He took a deep breath in, closed his eyes and hugged her a bittighter.  He slowly rubbed his headagainst hers.  They both just stood therelooking outside the window.  The nightsky with beautiful snowflakes gently making they way down.  After a little while, Arnav softly whisperedin his husky voice.

Arnav:  sukoon mil raha hai.  Puray din ki thakan uthar gae.  Thank you.  She smiled lovingly. 

Khushi:  Arnav, main agar apsay kuch mangoongi tho apkaraingay na. 

Henodded his head and burried into the crape of her neck.  Smelling the beautiful aroma of her hai.  His eyes were not on her hair and his nosetouched the back of her shoulder.  Hedidnt let go of her.

Khushi:  Voh. Please first listen to everything I have to say, then okay.  She took a deep breath.  Waited for a moment to choose her wordscarefully.

Khushi:  we both came here to fulfil our parentsdreams.  WE both met again, .... Cameclose....she sighed... But i think in us, we might forget why we came here.  Jab thak exams nahin khatam hogathey, canwe..... ... She gulped.... Can we... Just focus on our parents dreams, .....She sighed.  She slowly turned around.  He looked at her lovingly.  She was asking him if they could stay awayfrom each other for some time.  Shecupped his face with one hand, and placed the other on his heart.  She looked at the hand on his heartlovingly.  And softly rubbed her handover his heart.  He held onto her handand placed his other hand under her chin to raise her face.  She slowly raised her eyes and looked athim.  They both saw nothing else but lovefor each other.  She tilted her head abit to one side and kept looking in his eyes. And gently whispered,

Khushi:  Right now, we need to fulfil our parentsdreams, we will have the rest of our lives to fulfil ours.  ...... Together.  She could not believe she just saidthat.  A shy khushi, was able to speak toher arnav like this.  He smiled andplaced his hand onto of her hand that cupped his face.  He burried his face more into her hands,turned his face around, held her hand and gently placed a soft kiss in herpalm.  She blushed and looked down.  She placed her head on his chest and he justhugged her.  She placed her other hand onhis shoulder and slowly went up on her tiptoes. She softly whispered in his ears. 

Khushi:  Thank you.... She slowly slid to the side of his face and with her tender lips placeda kiss on his cheek.  He closed his eyes.  She stood on the ground again and moved alittle back.  He also moved back andlooked at her.  Both with a heavy heartlooked at each other.  He leaned in andcupped her face.  He placed a gently kisson her forehead.  Moved back and slowlymade his way out of her dorm.  Went afterhe left to close the door. 

Weekspassed by, and Arnav and khushi never tried to meet each other.  If they saw each other in the hallway, theywould gently nod their heads and smile at each other.  They would both want to go and just hug eachother, but would stop.  They had bothagreed on fulfilling their parents dream first, then theirs.  They both knew, that if once, they met, thenthey would keep meeting.  Arnav joinedsome extra classes for medical exam preps.  He didnt tell khushi.  He knewthat her dad wanted a doctor for his daughter and for her sake, she changed hiscareer path.  He finished his researchbut started to focus more on the exams. IT was her thought that kept him going. 

Khushihad emailed Aish a while back about not being able to talk to him due to herexams.    Khushis exams were to finish afew  days before Arnavs.  On the day of her last exam khushi recieved aphone call  from her mom asking her toimmediatly come home.  Her mom hadalready sent her a plane ticket for that evening.  Khushi wanted to tell arnav, but knew he wasbusy with his exams.  She didnt want himto get worried so left him a note. 

I haveto go back home.  Something has comeup.  Everything is ok.  I will see you soon.  Maybe under a bridge at a winter picnic:P 

SirfApki... Khushi .

She putit in an envelop and gave it to Minta to give to him.  She left for the airport. 

A fewdays later, Arnav had finished writing his exams as well as the medical preexams.  He didnt tell khushi about it, hewanted to surprise her.  He ran to herdorm.   He just wanted to see her.  Hug her. Touch her.  Smell her.  Sense her. Just be with her.  He knocked onthe door and Minta opened it.  He ran into see khushi.  She was no where to befound.  Minta just laughed and handed himthe envelop that khushi had left.  Heopened it and smiled.  Folded the letterin half, held it in one hand and hit it in the other.  He shook his head and kept on saying khushiii,khushi khushi..  

Arnavtried to call khushi on her phone.  Payalanswered.  He didnt say a word, but hearda lot of noises.  It was as if there wasa big party going on.  With many guests,and everyone laughing.  He hung up thephone.  Payal told khushi that minta hadcalled.  Luckily khushi didnt changearnavs number with having minta name as an id. She gulped and seemed a bit worried. She took her phone and shut it off. She knew he would be calling again. She was worried.  Very veryworried.  How was he going to react.  What was he going to do.  How was she going to tell him whathappened.  She closed her eyes and heldonto her heart with one hand and the phone in the other.  A tear escaped her eyes.  She felt her heart sink and starting tobreak. 

Precap: 

Arnav:  how could you do this khushi.  He held her tighter and tighter.  Anjali and Akash were trying to get him toloosen his grip on her.  She kept astraight face, and her eyes closed.  Shedidnt want to look at him, she couldnt face him.  She knew she had to be strong.  Not a word, not an emotion, and with greatdifficulty she kept her tears in.  Shehad to be strong.  She had no otherchoice. 

Arnavpushed akash and anjali back.  He turnedaround putting his back to khushi.  Heplaced one hand on his hip and the other ran through his hair.  He took a deep deep breath in.  Closed his eyes. And tried to compose himself.   He turned around and looked ather.  He was angry.  Upset. How could she do this.  He cuppedher face gently with both hands.  Pushedher face up so she could look at him. She kept her eyes closed.  Hesoftly leaned in and placed his forehead against hers.

ARnaV:  please tell me this is all a joke.  Please. You know I cannot handle such a joke. Please.. I beg you...she just took deep breath.  She held onto the side of her clothes withher hands and made a fists with them. Stay strong khushi, stay strong. 

Chapter 55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r99DIRPE2s&list=RDEMXFfghlblwoz8qFimvk2Syw&start_radio=1

khushirecieved a phone call  from her momasking her to immediatly come home.  Hermom had already sent her a plane ticket for that evening.  Khushi wanted to tell arnav, but knew he wasbusy with his exams.  She didnt want himto get worried so left him a note. 

I haveto go back home.  Something has comeup.  Everything is ok.  I will see you soon.  Maybe under a bridge at a winter picnic:P 

SirfApki... Khushi .

She putit in an envelop and gave it to Minta to give to him.  She left for the airport. 

A fewdays later, Arnav had finished writing his exams as well as the medical preexams.  He didnt tell khushi about it, hewanted to surprise her.  He ran to herdorm.   He just wanted to see her.  Hug her. Touch her.  Smell her.  Sense her. Just be with her.  He knocked onthe door and Minta opened it.  He ran into see khushi.  She was no where to befound.  Minta just laughed and handed himthe envelop that khushi had left.  Heopened it and smiled.  Folded the letterin half, held it in one hand and hit it in the other.  He shook his head and kept on saying khushiii,khushi khushi..  

Arnavtried to call khushi on her phone.  Payalanswered.  He didnt say a word, but hearda lot of noises.  It was as if there wasa big party going on.  With many guests,and everyone laughing.  He hung up thephone.  Payal told khushi that minta hadcalled.  Luckily khushi didnt changearnavs number with having minta name as an id. She gulped and seemed a bit worried. She took her phone and shut it off. She knew he would be calling again. She was worried.  Very veryworried.  How was he going to react.  What was he going to do.  How was she going to tell him whathappened.  She closed her eyes and heldonto her heart with one hand and the phone in the other.  A tear escaped her eyes.  She felt her heart sink and starting tobreak. 

Arnavarrived home the next day.  Greeted hisparents, hugged Anjali and Akash.  Hishappiness what out of this world.  He gotinto med school, and now his parents could officially go and ask for Khushishand.  He just kept on smiling.  His father even noticed.  He went and sat by the fire place and askedArnavs mom what had happened.  MM justsmiled. 

MM:  Your son is in love.  But dont tell him i told you.  She giggled. 

Prakash:what, seriously.  Kissay, do we knowher.  Who is she, how is she.   

Rightthen Arnav came and sat infront of them. He knew this was the time he had to talk to his parents about asking forkhushis hand.  But he was nervous.  His palms were sweaty, kept his eyesdown.  He kept on rubbing his handstogether.  How do I start?  What do i say.  Man this is not as easy as it seemed.  He was nervous!  Both of his parents just looked at him andsmiled. 

Arnav:  Voh Dad, Mom. I need to talk to you aboutsomething.  Both of them raised theireyesbrows and asked him to continue. Trying the keep their laughter inside.  Arnav cleared his throat. 

Arnav:  I got into med school. 

Hisparents were surprised.  They got up andhugged him, congratulated him.  They wereestatic with their sons accomplishment. Akash and Anjali ran downstairs hearing all the noise.  Arnav had made them proud.  But everyone was a little confused as well.

Prakash:  I thought you always wanted to go intoresearch, yeh med school?  When and how?

Arnav:  voh.. Umm.... You know, but are withsciences.  And a lot of people needdoctors.  Right. 

Both ofhis parents just nodded their heads. They knew that he did this for the one he loved.  And were very proud of his son.  They all sat down.  Arnav went on his knees infront of his momand held her hands. 

Arnav:  Mom, I think its time.  He looked at her with hope and a smile.  Trying to hint to her what he meant.  She placed one hand ontop of his, and cuppedhis face with the other.  Akash andAnjalis eyes wideneded.  Their smile grewbigger and bigger. 

MM:  hum abhi jaingay.  Go get ready. Hmmm.  Her smile was just as bigas Arnavs.  They both stood up and huggedtightly. 

Prakash:  koi mujhe bataega yeh kya ho raha hai.

Arnavlooked down and scratched the back of his head. 

Arnav:Voh Dad,   main.  Umm.  Ineed to get ready.  With that arnav ranoff. 

Akash:  bhai we are coming to help you.  You get everyone elses clothes out.   Both Akash and Anajli ran up to geteverything done. 

MM:  Prakash, you want to know who your son loves,and for whom he has done all this.  Sheheld his hand and joyfully said..... KHUSHI....Sashi and Garimas daughter. 

Prakashwas in shock.  What... He was happy,thrilled.  No one could have been betterfor their son but her, but he was a little worried.  Will they agree?  Prakash knew something that no one elsedid.  HE know about something thathappened a week ago. 

Akashand Anjali quickely helped Arnav get ready. He kept on trying different clothes. He never felt this nervous.  He wanted to make the best impression on themas possible. 

Arnav:  No akash, get the blue shirt, she likes thatcolour.  Both Akash and Anjali startedlaughing. 

MMcalled Garima

MM:Hello Hi na Bye Bye.  Kaisi ho Garima.

Garima:  Array app. Bilkul theek. 

MM: achasunu.  Issay pehlay kay hum batainkarain, hum abhi tumharay ghar par ana cha rahay thay.  Busy tho nahin ho na.

Garima:  no no. Apka ghar hai.  Jab bhi aein.  Chalain apkay liye chai par intizaar kar thayhain.  With that they hung up the phone.

Garima:  Khushi, Payal jaldi ao.  Mehmaan arayhay hain.  Jaldi say tayyari kar lo.  Khushi tum kitchen main gao.  Sandwiches, chai nashta sab.  Aur payal tum safae karo.   Jaldi say. Time nahin hain. 

Both thegirls got to work. Then started to get ready. As khushi went to her room to get ready she saw a car pull up into thedrive way.  It was arnavs car.  She was petrified.  What was she to do.   She wasnt able to speak to him on the phone,let alone look at him.  IF arnav foundout, no one knew his reaction.  She hadseen him in ASR mode once, and that too for her.  IF he found out about this, there is nosaying what would happen.  Akash was withArnav.  The rest of the family came outfrom the other car.  Why were they allhere.  She had to figure out a way ofdealing with this before.... They all found out. 

The doorbell rang.  Garima opened the door.  MM and Garima hugged and greeted each other,then Prakash and Sashi shook hands. Sashi was still in his wheelchair. He had not fully recovered from the incident a couple of monthsago.  Arnav came and touched both oftheir feets respectfully.  Everyone andsat down in the living room.  Khushi wasupstairs in her room.  Walking back andforth.  Rubbing her hands together.  Kya karoon, kya karoon, kya karoon.  Hai devi maiyya,. 

Arnavkept on looking around for khushi.   Shewas no where to be seen.  This was alittle odd.  He texted anjali, apnibhabhi ko lay kar aoo... Please.... Anjali saw her phone and started togiggle.   Anjali excused her self andcame upstairs to khushis room.  Sheknocked on the door. 

Khushiopened it slowly. It was just anjali. Anjali came in and gave khushi a great big hug.  She was thrilled to see her. 

Anjali:  Khushiiiiiiii... I am soo happy rightnow.  Chalo neechay chalo.  I have a surprise for you.  

Khushi:no no.  Anajli.  You go. I wont be able to come downstairs right now.  I am not feeling that well. Please

Anjali:  oh come on khushi.  I know you are nervous becuase bhai is alsohere.  Come on.  Chalooooo. With that she dragged khushi downstairs. Khushi fixed her duppata and went to meet the adults first.  She touched MM and Prakashs feet then wentand stood behind shashi.  Garima toldkhushi to go and set the table and make chai. Khushi kept her eyes down. Andobliged.  Arnav was a little shocked.  She didnt look at me even once.  He texted her.... Hey....Khushi on her wayout of the room saw the message and placed her phone on the table.  Arnav was more surprised.  She saw his message and ignored it.  That was not like her. 

Garima:  aiyeh, table par baith thay hain. 

Theorder was such.  Prakash at thehead.  MM, then Akash.  Shashi at the other end.  Garima and Arnav right beside her.  Khushi brought out the stuff and quietlystood behind Shashi.  She kept lookingdown.  She didnt even smile.  Arnav kept on looking at her.  Something was wrong.  Khushi sighed. 

MM:  Voh hummay apko pehlay ek khushikhabri batanihai... Phir.... Apsay kuch poochna hai. 

Garimawas a little surprised. 

Garima:  Apko bhi.. Ap pehlay apni khushikhabri batain, phir hum apni bataingay. 

MM wassurprised.  They also had a surprise totell them about.

MM:  Arnav got into med school.  Uska selection hogaya hai. 

Khushilooked up and looked at arnav.  She knewhe changed his career for her.  She justknew it.  He was going into research.  When did he do this.  How did this happen.  She was even more heartbroken and nervousthan before.  She started to run herhands and looked down with her eyebrows furrowed.  Everyone congratulated Arnav.  Garima hugged him.

Garima:  Array vah beta.  Aj tumnay mujhe aur tumharay uncle ka naamroshan kar diya hai.  Tum waqai main merebetay ho.  Itna acha surprise. 

MM:  acha, ab tumhara surprise kya hai...

Garimalooked at shashi the khushi.  Shashi heldkhushis hand.  Khushi looked at shashiand gave a faint smille.  She gulped.  She looked down.. At the ground.  Her heart started to beat faster andfaster.  She tried to keep her face asstraight as possible. Expressionless.  But you could seethe worry on it.  She gulped.

Garima:  humnay khushi bitya ki shadi thay kar dihai.  Aglay hafta engagement hai.  Haina acha surprise.  Everyone was in shock.  Arnav was in disbelief.  Garima and sashi smiled and looked at eachother than the others.  Everyone had a surprisedlook on their faces.  Arnav looked atkhushi.  His eyes wide open.  Not believing what he had just heard.  His mind was spinning.. His heart wascrumbling into a million peices.  Hegulped.  Held his breath for a minute.  He just stared at her.  She slowly looked up to meet his eyes.  She saw pain, anger,  disbelief. His eyes were searching for answers in hers.  She was blank.  Just blank. Her eyes showed nothing.  He wasconfused.  He quielty gasped forair.   She looked down again.  He held his chai cup more tightly.  He didnt notice it was about to break.  MM say this and held his hand.  He looked at her and she gave a fake smile tohim. 

MM:  array, yeh kab howa. 

Garima:  Last week. Once khushi finished her last exam we called her over immediately.  We met the family, they met khushi and shemet them and Rohit.  He is such a goodboy.  Dr hai.  Bohot hi acha larka hai.  Respectful, obedient, charming.  Khushi is soo lucky. 

Arnavhad to get out.  He needed to talk to heralone.  Right now.  No matter what.  He looked at his phone and messaged akash tocall him.  He answered it.

Arnav:  yeah tom, i am coming.  Sorry aunty, uncle.I need to go.  My friend is already here.  Akash why dont you come with me.  Akash obliged.  His brother needed him.  They both excused themselves and left fromthe front door. 

Arnavleaned against the wall outside and put both of his hands up to his head.  He was in disbelief.  Akash tried to console him.  But to no use. 

Arnav:  i need to talk to her now.  Now means now. 

Akash:  we cant get her outside. 

Arnav:  i know. I can get to her room from the outside. Or call payall and tell her to take khushi to her room in five minutes.  You drive my car down so they see a carleaving.  Akash nodded his head and sawhis brother go up to khushis balcony from the outside. 

Payal:  aunty main khushi ko lay kar uskay kamraymain gaon.  I need to talk to herabout... Her future...she fake giggled, then forcefully took khushi upstairs.  Khushi kept looking down.  She knew why anjali wsa taking her.  Anjali wanted to talk to her.  She didnt know what to say to her. 

Anjaliopened khushis door and went in.  Khushifollowed her in.  The door automaticallyclosed.  Khushi turned around and sawArnav.  He was mad.  He was upset he was hurt. 

He stoodagainst the wall.  Looking down.  Hands folded infront of him.  He then looked up at her.  She tried to open the door and leave.  He looked at her and angrily shook hishead. 

Arnav:  NO. She looked the other way and gulped. He looked at anjali and hinted for her to leave.  Anjali tried to leave, but khushi held ontoher hand.   Arnav saw this.  

Akashwas not going to leave his brother alone. He drove the car a little ahead then parked and ran back.  He climbed in the same way arnav did.  He was scared for arnav, but more forkhushi.  Arnavs barely got angry, butwhen it came to khushi, he would not tolerate anything.  Akash remembered his trip to toronto.  If Arnav could eat an entire bag of chilliesfor her, then this meant war. 

Arnavslowly moved towards khushi.  She startedto walk back.  Looking down.  Khushi let her anjalis hand go.  She looked at anjali.  Anjali nodded her head and stood by thewall.  Anjali was not going to goanywhere.  Her friend needed her and shewas going to be there.  Khushi lookeddown again.  She kept on walking back asarnav walked towards her.  Step bystep.  Slowly and angrily.  Until khushi hit her back to the wall.  She kept a straight face.  Making sure not to look at him.  If she saw him, she would not be able tocontrol her self.  Her eyes would tellhim everything.  He held onto herarms.  Tightly.  He stared at her in anger.  Disbelief. How could she betray him like this. What happened.  Why, how ,when.  Why why why.  Where the questions that ran in hismind. 

Arnav:  how could you do this khushi.  How DAMMIT!

Akashcame in from the balcony just in time. Arnav started to hold khushis arms tighter and tighter.  Anjali and Akash were trying to get him toloosen his grip on her.  She kept astraight face, and her eyes closed.  Shedidnt want to look at him, she couldnt face him.  She knew she had to be strong.  Not a word, not an emotion, and with greatdifficulty she kept her tears in.  Shehad to be strong.  She had no otherchoice. 

Akash:  bhai, let go of her.  Bhaiiii...

Arnav:No akash.  No.  I need answers, and i need them now.  Move away both of you.  Noww. Anjali and akash moved away. There was nothing that could be done right now. 

Not oncedid arnav stop looking at khushi.  He washuffing in anger.  His eyes turningred.  The veins in his head werethrobbing.  His breathing was deep andforceful. 

Arnav:  khushi, he said in a lower tone.  We were more than friends, we came close, weeven said we love each other.  we evenspoke about their future together.  Inever hurted you, always respected you. Trusted you.  I never did anythingthat you didnt like.  So Why khushi....He angrily and more loudly said .. WHY....

Akashand Anjali came back up the them and tried to calm him down.    

Arnavpushed akash and anjali back.  He turnedaround putting his back to khushi.  Heplaced one hand on his hip and the other ran through his hair.  He took a deep deep breath in.  Closed his eyes. And tried to compose himself.   He turned around and looked ather.  He was angry.  Upset. How could she do this.  He cuppedher face gently with both hands.  Pushedher face up so she could look at him. She kept her eyes closed.  Hesoftly leaned in and placed his forehead against hers.

ARnaV:  please tell me this is all a joke.  Please. You know I cannot handle such a joke. Please.. I beg you...she just took deep breath.  She held onto the side of her clothes withher hands and made a fists with them. Stay strong khushi, stay strong. 

DownstairsGarima was a little confused by MM and Prakashs reaction. 

Garima:  kuch howa hai.  Ap loog khush nahin hain.

MM:  voh darasal. Baat yeh thi kay.  Hum aj arnav karishta lay kar ae thay.  Khushi kay liye.  WE really wanted her to be a part of ourfamily, to be arnavs bride.  We werewaiting for him to become something first, so we can bring his proposal over.  Today we found out about his med schoolacceptance and immediately came to you. 

Garimaand sashi were in shock.  They didnt knowwhat to say. 

Sashi:  we had no idea.  If only we had an idea.

Garima:  i am sorry, but we didnt know.  And I dont know if this could have evenhappened.  Garima looked towards prakash,who ended up looking down. 

MM:  could have happened?  Kya matlab

Garimafigured out that prakash had told nothing to anyone.  MM looked at prakash and knew something waswrong.  This is why he said he wasnt sureif they would even agree. 

Garima:  no. Actually, since we got rohits proposal,we had already said yes.  And khushi alsoseemed very happy with him.  Is liye.  We dont know if she would have said yes toarnav. 

MMlooked down, khushi told nothing to anyone about her and arnav.  How could she.  She knew the traditional girl that she wasand the environment in her house.  MM wasconfused as to what to do or what to say. 

MM: Whatif you reconsider the proposal.  Say thatyou got another one.  Or ask for somemore time.  I know that the guy isalready a dr, but arnav is already accepted into med school.  It will take him just a little bit of timeand he too will become a dr.  

Shelooked towards garima with a pleading look. Garima looked towards sashi.

Sashi:  We have given our word.  They have already matched the kundlis andeverything. And the engagement is in a couple of days.  How could we do that.  We have given our word. 

Precap:  how does khushi deal with arnav. How doesarnav deal with khushi. 

Dr.Rohit Sippy comes into the picture.  Andmost most importantly, last weeks events unfold. 

Arnav and Khushi will need to come out of hiding and tell the parents. The proposal can be broken yet.

It may not be as easy as you think.    Remember the precap.  You don't know what happened or compelled Khushi to take such a big step. 

Chapter 56

Arnav:  khushi, he said in a lower tone.  We were morethan friends, we came close, weeven said we love each other.  we evenspokeabout their future together.  Inever hurted you, always respectedyou. Trusted you.  I never did anythingthat you didnt like.  SoWhy khushi....He angrily and more loudly said .. WHY....

Akashand Anjali came back up the them and tried to calm himdown.    

Arnavpushed akash and anjali back.  He turnedaround puttinghis back to khushi.  Heplaced one hand on his hip and the other ranthrough his hair.  He took a deep deep breath in.  Closed his eyes.And tried to compose himself.   He turned around and lookedather.  He was angry.  Upset. How could she do this.  Hecuppedher face gently with both hands.  Pushedher face up so she couldlook at him. She kept her eyes closed.  Hesoftly leaned in and placedhis forehead against hers.

ARnaV:  please tell me this is all a joke. Please. You know I cannot handle such a joke. Please.. I begyou...she just took deep breath.  She held onto the side of her clotheswithher hands and made a fists with them. Stay strong khushi, staystrong. 

DownstairsGarima was a little confused by MM and Prakashsreaction. 

Garima:  kuch howa hai.  Ap loog khush nahin hain.

MM:  voh darasal. Baat yeh thi kay.  Hum aj arnavkarishta lay kar ae thay.  Khushi kay liye.  WE really wanted her tobe a part of ourfamily, to be arnavs bride.  We werewaiting for him tobecome something first, so we can bring his proposal over.  Today we foundout about his med schoolacceptance and immediately came to you. 

Garimaand sashi were in shock.  They didnt knowwhat tosay. 

Sashi:  we had no idea.  If only we had an idea.

Garima:  i am sorry, but we didnt know.  And I dont knowif this could have evenhappened.  Garima looked towards prakash,who endedup looking down. 

MM:  could have happened?  Kya matlab

Garimafigured out that prakash had told nothing to anyone. MM looked at prakash and knew something waswrong.  This is why he said hewasnt sureif they would even agree. 

Garima:  no. Actually, since we got rohits proposal,we hadalready said yes.  And khushi alsoseemed very happy with him.  Isliye.  We dont know if she would have said yes toarnav. 

MMlooked down, khushi told nothing to anyone about her andarnav.  How could she.  She knew the traditional girl that she wasandthe environment in her house.  MM wasconfused as to what to do or what tosay. 

MM: Whatif you reconsider the proposal.  Say thatyou gotanother one.  Or ask for somemore time.  I know that the guyisalready a dr, but arnav is already accepted into med school.  It willtake him just a little bit of timeand he too will become a dr.  

Shelooked towards garima with a pleading look. Garima lookedtowards sashi.

Sashi:  We have given our word.  They have alreadymatched the kundlis andeverything. And the engagement is in a couple ofdays.  How could we do that.  We have given our word. 

Garima and Sashi both looked at Prakash.  Prakash understood why they were hessitant tosay yes.  It wasnt them giving theirword, it was because of Shyam .  Prakashs younger brother.  Hisonly brother. 

Prakash looked down, then held onto MM hand.  He looked at her and approvingly blinked hiseyes.  He wanted her to stoppersisting.  MM was more confused thanever.  She tought Prakash also likedKhushi.  That too for Arnav. 

Garima:  I am sorry MM.  Please try and understand.

The door bell rang.  Payalhad just come back with someone.  It wasRohit.  Dr. Rohit Sippy.  The person Khushi was to marry. 

FlashBAck

Garima:  Girls, start to get ready.  The guests should be coming any minutenow. 

Khushi and Payal ran upstairs. The door bell rang.   Garimaopened it.  It was Rohit. Dr. RohitSippy.  The person that they had chosenfor Khushi to marry, the person whom khushi said yes to.  Khushi never met him, he did see her whentheir parents came with the proposal.  Atthat time, khushi just kept looking down. 

Rohit:   Hi Aunty.  I hope this is not a bad time.

Garima:  no no beta.  Please come in.    Rohit went and sat down in the living roomwith Garima.

Rohit:  actually, i thinkmom spoke to you about me coming tomorrow. But I need to go back for an emergency surgary tomorrow, so I will onlyhave time today.  I was wondering, withyour permission of course, if I could take Khushi to choose her engagementring.  She has to wear it, we thought itmight be best if she choose it.  Plus thesize and all. 

Garima smile and said:  ofcourse beta.  You have ourpersmission.  Let me go and getkhushi.  Garima went upstairs.  Khushi was pacing back and forth in herroom.  Garima noticed her stressed.

Garima:  Khushi, rohit ishere to take you to choose your ring. Get ready. 

Khushi:  no amma. Please...No.... I am not comfortable.  I told youyes for marrying him, but engagement this soon. Amma please.  I cant. I am notcomfortable.  Please. 

Khushi held onto garimas hands and pleaded.  Garima sensed some tension.

Garima:  I will ask payal togo. I will tell him that you are not feeling well.  She knows your size right.

Garima got payal ready, and they both went downstairs.  And told Rohit. He was a little shocked, butrespectfully obliged.  He did noticeKhushi as a reserved shy person, it would take her some time to becomecomfortable with him.  Rohit and Payalleft to go and select the ring. 

Flashback end

Garima:   Rohit... Agao beta.  Please come in. 

Rohit:  Thanks aunty.  I must say, payal does have some really goodtaste.  I just hope that your otherdaughter also likes the one we choose. How is she feeling now?

Garima: much better.  Comeinside, let me call khushi.

Garima started to loudly yell and call khushi. 

Garima:  Khushi... Rohit ishere.  Come down please.  She took rohit to introduce him to everyoneelse.  Rohit went and touched all of theelders feet.  Even though he was adoctor, he was very cultured and humble.   

Khushi heard her mom saying rohits name.  She opened her eyes and pushed arnavback.  He was in shock.  She looked at him.  Gulped, her heart was beating faster andfaster.  Please dont let these twomeet.  Please.  Arnav is too angry right now.  He might do or say something.  He sensed something wrong. 

Arnav;  who is Rohit?  Khushi, i am asking you somethingdammit.  Who is this Rohit?

She took a deep breath. Closed her eyes and told herself...Stay strong khushi, stay strong.  She opened her eyes and looked directly intoarnavs.  She made two fists with herhands on the side. 

Khushi:  Dr. Rohit Sippy ismy fiance.  Excuse me.  Mujhe jana hai.  You and Akash left infront of everyone else,so it may not be wise to come downstairs. She said with a shaking voice in a firm manner.  She fixed her dupatta, and went towards thedoor.  Arnav was furios.  How could she just say that and start togo.  He held onto her arm with onehand.  Not letting her go.  She looked down, and moved his hand with herother hand.  She looked down but tiltedher head towards arnav and queitly said.

Khushi:  mujhe sirf rohitaisay cho sak thay hain.  Excuse me. 

Arnav was is shock.  Whatjust happened to her.  He let go of herhand and she quietly went out of her room. She closed the door behind her and went and hid in her parentsroom.  She didnt want to meet rohit.  Not right now, not at all.  Anajali saw this and was confused.  Khushi said something else inside, and whydid she hide in another room.  Khushi sawanjali looking at her.  She pleaded toher not to tell anyone.  She folded herhands and shook her head.  Anjalinodded.  And went downstairs.

Akash managed to get Arnav to agree to leave as well.  Both the brothers left the way theycame. 

Anajli:  sorry aunty, khushiis in the bathroom.  She wasnt feelingwell.  So i came down.  Mom, dad. It is getting late.  Mind if we go.  She looked at MM. 

Rohit:  I should also begoing now.  It was nice meeting youall.  Bye aunty, and please ask khushi onmy behalf. 

Rohit went and the MM, Prakash and Anjali followed. 

Akash started to drive home. He knew arnav was not in a state of driving. 

Akash:  bhai, are you ok?

Arnav had closed his eyes and rested his head on the headrest.  He quieltly whispered...No. 

The brothers drove silently home. Arnav went straight to his room and bed. He lay down, clised his eyes and placed one arm ontop of his head andthe other on his stomach.  He didnt wantto talk to anyone right now.  He wasstill in disbelief.  How did this allhappen.  Why did she do this>  he knew khushi would not speak to him.  If she had to, then she would have alreadysaid something.  But she stayed silent.  And the way she left, that was notkhushi.  That was someone else.  She had changed so much in the past week.  What happened?  He had to find out.  But before that, he needed to calm his mindand broken heart down first.  He would doit first thing in the morning.

He morning came.  Arnavtried to email khushi as Aish, but there was no reply for some time.  He knew her too well.  She was not going to email anyone or evenbother checking her email.  He had tomeet her.  Somehow, or just get her totalk to someone and tell them.  Hemessaged minta. 

"hope you are in town. Your best friend is getting engaged."  he couldnt type anymore after that.  What was he to write.  His fingers just wouldnt move.  Not a single letter more.  He sent the text as is. 

He immediatly got a call from minta.

Minta:  Hey Arnav, congratsman.  Tom and I are in town.  He has come to meet my parents.  When is the big day for you guys. I cantbelieve khushi didnt tell me anything. 

Arnav started to sniff.  Hedidnt know what to say. 

Arnav:  is tomthere>  Tom took the phone.  Minta knew something was wrong. 

Tom:  all ok man.  Something wrong?

Arnav:  she is gettingmarried to someone else.  This week istheir engagement.  He took a biggulp.  Only he knew how difficult it wasto say each and every one of those words. IT was as if a knife stabbed his heart with each word he took. 

Tom:  what?  Tom was in disbelief.  Where are you?  I am coming right now. 

Arnav:  i am at home.    Tom and minta went directly to arnavshouse. 

The door bell rang.  MM hasmet Tom before, but didnt know minta. Akash started to take them upstairs to Arnavs room. 

Akash:  i think you guysshould know something.  Khushi is gettingmarried to someone else.  We went lastnight to her place, and found out.  Bhaitried to talk to her, but she didnt say anything.  He has been crying all night.  He hasnt come out of his room either. 

Tom and minta were in disbelief. What did they just hear.  The twoshy romantic love birds, who just started to acknowledge their relationship,already seperated?  What was goingon. 

Tom and minta entered arnavs room. It was dark.  They saw him sit onhis sofa.  His head was tilted back andhis eyes closed.  Tears escaping the sideof his eyes.  You could tell he had beencrying all night.  Tom turned on thelight.  And went over to arnav.  Arnav got up and hugged tom.  He tried to keep his tears in.  He just closed his eyes while he put his headon his friends shoulder.  He couldnt helpit, tears just wouldnt stop flowing out. Minta waited by the door.  After amoment tom took arnav and had him sit down again. 

Tom:  how did this allhappen?  You were both so happy, and inlove. 

Arnav:  i dont know.  I have no idea.  What, why, or anything.  She isnt talking to me.  Forget that. She isnt the same person anymore. She has completely changed.  Hebrought his head down and held it in his hands. 

Minta:  we need to talk toher.

Arnav:  no point.  She wont say anything.  Trust me. I know her. 

Minta:  ok.  Lets all talk to her.  Maybe she will say something.  I will go and get her. This needs to be dealtwith immediatly.  We cant waste anytime.  You guys meet me at the mall.    With that minta left and arrived at khushishouse after and hour.

Minta arrived at khushis house, but to her disappointment, khushiwas not home.  She had just left withRohit to go for breakfast.  Minta askedtheir location and told arnav and tom to meet her there. 

Rohit:  So khushi, this is abit awkward.  I know that we are gettingengaged in a couple of days, and i honestly dont know anything about you.  Please do tell me something and feel free toask about anything about me as well. 

Khushi politely smiled while looking down.  Her hands were held in her lap.  She kept on thinking about arnav.  IF arnav was here, she would have been morecomfortable.  IF arnav was there, theywould have done this, done that.  Spokenabout this, dreamt about a future with each other, held each others hands,shared a chai.  She smiled loving whenshe thought about the chai.  That wasthere thing. 

Rohit:  ahem.. Khushi...What are you smiling about?  Anything youwanted to share the thought about.  Helooked at her with a smile.  He wastrying very hard to get her to talk to him. He knew she was shy, and that she would take her time.  He was willing to give that time to her.  She just smiled and quietly whispered,nothing.  He just chuckled.  She seemed adorable.  Smiling, and looking shyfully down.  She was very beautiful..  Her long silky hair, her soft gentle smile,her delicate figure.  But most of all, hewas attracted to her polite nature. 

Rohit:  I have an idea, ifyou dont mind that is.  I know with allengagement and stuff happening really fast, i was thinking if we could justbecome friends.  Simple, plain oldfriends.  Nothing else.... Right now thatis.  He chuckled at the end.  She gulped. She was nervous.  She started torub her hands together in her lap.  Butshe had to move forward.  Rohit was avery sweet person.  Whenever she did meether, which was a total of two or three times, he was always very respectful,polite and considerate.  Just because shehad someone else in her heart and yet she said yes to him, he didnt deserve tobe getting the spoiled end of the stick.  She had to gather her courage, and move forward.  But her heart kept on stopping her.  Her mind told her otherwise.  She slowly looked up and made eye contactwith him. 

Khushi:  Friends... Shesmiled and looked down again. 

Rohit: Friends.  He saidwith a smile, and put his hand infront of her for a shake.  She slowly raised her hand and shock it.  He was amazed by the softness and tendernessof her skin.  She pulled her hand backand placed it back in her lap.  Whatkhushi did not notice was the arnav had already arrived and saw them shakehands and look at each other.  Arnav wasconfused.  What is going on here?  It took khushi days to open up to him thismuch, and she just looked at him and shook his hand.  He sighed. Tom was standing right beside him. They sat on a table near by, and just looked at them. 

Rohit and khushi started to have small conversations.  Mostly rohit, she would smile and give one ortwo word answers.  Seldomly would shelook up at him, but mostly down.  Arnavsheart was sinking.  He just kept onlooking at them. 

Arnav:  i need to be withher, now. I need to be with her.  I needto stop this. 

Tom:  hold on man, wait forminta.  Right then, minta entered therestaurant.  All three got up and movedtowards khushis table. 

Minta:  Khushi, she yelledher name with a surprise.  Khushi lookedup and saw all three of them standing htere. She was shocked.  Her heartstarted to pound faster and faster. Arnav was there.  Looking directlyat her.  Rohit was there sitting rightbeside her.  She took a deep breath andheld it for a moment.  She smiled.  A fake and scared smile. 

Rohit:  Khushi, who arethey?  He asked with a pleasant smile.

Khushi:  gee.  Voh.. Um.. Univeristy and school kay dosthain. 

Rohit put his hand forward to shake their hands.  They all said their names as they shook theirhands with him.  Aranv gave a fake smilewhile he angrily breathed. 

Minta:  Khushi, yeh kaunhai?  She asked her while tilting herhead towards rohit.  Khushi gulped.  Minta was purposely asking her this question.She knew it.  Khushi looked down thentook a deep breath and looked up. 

Khushi:  yeh... Ummm.  This is Dr. Rohit Sippy.  My.... She looked down again, and themup...my fiance. 

Everyone was shocked.  Theytried to give a pleasant surprised look since rohit was looking,  arnav just looked down and to the side inanger.  He took a deep breath.  Every time khushi has said something likethat, or took his name, his anger got worse. Rohit on the other hand had a huge smile on his face.  He was unaware of the situation.  He did however see arnavs reaction.  It struck to him as a bit odd.  If one of his university friends isintroduting her fiance for the first time, then he should at least look up andsmile.  Rohits phone rang.  Khushis mom had called.

Garima:  voh rohit beta,sorry for disturbing you, but is it possible for you to bring khushi home rightnow.  Her father is not feeling well allof a sudden.  I am sorry for calling likethis, but it is a little urgent. 

Rohit asked to be excused from the table for a second,

Rohit:  aunty is everythingoK.  What happened?  Garima explained how sashis health was alittle worrisome, and rohit started to patiently advice her what to do in themean time.  He assured her that theywould be leaving immediatly. 

Minta:  khushi, what isthis???  Yeh kaun hai?  Your fiance? We need to talk. And we need to talk now!

Arnav clenched his jaw.  Heforced his hands in his pockets.  He keptlooking down or the other way.  He was inno mood of looking at khushi. 

Khushi:  there is nothing totalk about.  I am getting engaged in acouple of days to him.  She also lookeddown.  Her eyebrows furrowed.  Rohit returned.

Rohit:  i am very verysorry, but is it possible to take  khushiaway.  He placed his hand on khushisback.   And politely shook everyoneshand.  Khushi gulped.  Arnav saw this.  He was fuming.  How could he touch khushi on her back.  Only he could do that.  Khushi was his, and his only. 

Khushi looked at rohit with a questioning face.  He looked at her, and blinked his eyes.  Smiled. She looked down.  He grabbed herjacket and started to help her put it on. 

Khushi:  its ok, i can wearit.

Rohit:  no no.  This is dont mind doing for the rest of mylife.  He chuckled.  He helped khushi put in on.  And they both left. 

Aranv looked down and to the sides.  He looked at tom and minta and said bye.  He had also just left. . He couldnt staythere any longer. 

As rohit reached home, he told khushi that he father was notfeeling well.  That is why he had tobring her back immediatly.  He apologisedfor seeming as a little different than he should have been with herfriends.  Khushi seemed worried.  She looked at him with concern.  He assured her that he already advised his momwhat to do in the mean time. 

Once khushi reached home, she ran to her dad.  He was more stable.  Garima profusely thanked rohit for hishelp.  His advice really helped sashiscondition.  Khushi asked her mom what hadhappened.  She just smiled and tried toavoid the question.  She took payal intothe kitchen

Khushi:  what happened?  Tell me now.

Payal:  shyam had come.  And made situations worse.   

Khushi took a deep breath. When was this problem going to end. How was she to help her parents like this.  What was she to do.  She sat down at the table and held her headin her hands.  About to cry.  Payal had noticed rohit walking into thekitchen and nudged khushi.  She looked upand wiped her tears.  She looked theother way to avoid showing him her tears. He sat down in the chair infront of him and saw her concerned face.  He held ontop khushi hands and try toreassure her.  She gulped and jerked herhands back.  He was a little shocked, butunderstood that they just became friends. Holding her hands, might not have been such a good idea.

Rohit:  sorry.  Umm... Uncle is fine now.   He had a panic attack.  I have told aunty what she can do to helpprevent them and how to handle them. Khushi... Dont worry.  Now theyhave a son to also look after them.  Youare not alone. 

Khushi looked up at him.  Hewas such a wonderful person.  He handledthe situation just like a son of the family would have.  And calling him self the son, was verycomforting for her.  The reason she saidyes to marrying Rohit, was starting to be fulfilled.  Even with a broken heart, her mind started tobecome a little bit in content.  Payalhad left the kitchen, giving them some time alone.  Khushi looked down and queitly whispered....Thank you.  She smiled and looked athim.  A gentle small friendly smile.  He smiled back. 

Rohit, khushi i need to leave. I have a flight to catch for an surgery i have to do tonight.  I am sorry. I can cancel it if you would likeor postpone it. 

Khushi politely shook her head. 

Khushi:  we will be ok.  Rohit asked for his leave, touched the eldersfeet and left.  The day passed  by, just tending to her parents.  She

After khushi had helped her parents to their rooms she went tohers.  It had been a long day forher.  She gently closed the door and wentand stood at the balcony.  She looked upat the night sky.  Everything seemed sopeaceful.  Only if her own life was thesame.  Her heart started to beatfaster.  She closed her eyes and took adeep breath.  She held onto herheart.  Her hearbeat became faster andfaster.  She opened her eyes and lookeddown.  There she saw arnav.  He was standing by a tree.  Leaned against it.  Just looking at her.  Her eyebrows furrowed.  A tear crept into her eyes.  She gulped. Her heart was racing.  Her cheststarted to heave.  She rand back into theroom and closed the balcony door.  Shestood against it with her back to the door. Tears started to flow down her eyes. She started to cry.   No matterhow sweet rohit was, he was not arnav. But he was the son that he parents needed.  What could she do.  She closed her eyes.  And sat on the ground.  Closing her mouth with her hands.  She didnt want anyone to hear her cry.  The night slowly passed on.  When she got up in the early morning, shepeeked outside from her window and saw arnav still standing there.  Just looking up at her window.  She texted him... Please leave... Please....Everyone is waking up... Please...

Arnav recieved the text and left. He didnt say a word, retaliate, or complain.  He just left. She sighed of relief with her broken heart. 

Arnav drove home, and met him mom at the door.  MM saw tears in his eyes as well asfatigue.  She could tell he was up allnight long.  She cupped his face and toldhim to go and rest.  He queitly put hishead down and went upstairs to his room.

MM:  when will this pain endfor my son.  A tear escaped hereyes.  Prakash had seen this.  What could he do to help his wife andson.  If only he had said somethingearlier.  If only. 

Later that evening, there was a gathering at the temple.  Both families had gone there.  Khushi kept her eyes down, while garimahappily told everyone about khushis alliance. Everyone was asking the details, but Garima told them all to come to thetemple in three days and see for themselves. All she dais was that the guy is adr.  And her daughter's future was verybright.  Everyone smiled and all enjoyedgreat laughs together.   Khushi wouldoccasionally smile.  But didnt look up.  Even though she smiled, she didnt want anyoneto de able to see the pain she had in her heart.  MM came up to them and hugged garima.  She looked at khushi.  Khushi looked up to her.  MM cupped khushis face and gave her a lovingsmile.  Khushis eye let out a small tear.  MM quickly wiped it with her thumb and shookher head slowly. 

Arnav and akash stood far away from everyone near the door.  Anjali would go and try to talk to khushi,but khushi didnt saw a word.  To anyonethat night.  Not a single person.  Payal went and tried to cheer up khushi, butkhushi would just smile it off.  As thefunction at the temple finished everyone started to leave.  Garima was the vice president at the churchand needed to stay a little later. Prakash was also part of the board members.  There was a meeting going on, so they wereinside the board room with the other members discussing up coming events.  Garima had brought her own car and told toldkhushi to take her dad home since sashi needed to take his meds and rest,should would come home with payal afterwards. Prakash told MM, angali, and arnav to go home.  He will come in his own car afterwards withakash.  Akash waited inside.  Khushi tried to help sashi get out of hiswheel chair into his car.  Their carswere a parked far away from each other. Anajali had already sat down at the back of arnavs car, when arnavsensed somthing wrong about to happen. MM just sat down in the front. 

Arnav:  Mom, i have a badfeeling.  Someone needs me rightnow.  I just know it.   Mom, its khushi.  She is in trouble.  He looked worried.  MM got out of the car and looked around.

MM:  arnav i dont see anyoneelse here. And khushi just left with her dad.  Its probably nothing, with time all wounds heal.  Arnav was about to sit down when he heardsomeone yelling for help. 

All of a sudden, the mobsters that had attacked sashi before cametowards khushis car.

Man:  We told you to stopher.  Why didnt you.  Get out Get out Get out.  Now you will see what i cant do.  You didnt believe me before right.  Now you will always believe me.  He grabbed khushis arm and started to dragher.  Sashi fell down, he tried to helphis daughter.

Arnav ran out of his car around the parking lot.  HE couldnt help it.  He started to yell out khushis name.  He knew she needed him.  His heart just told him she was introuble.  With his heart started to racefaster and faster, and his feet ran around just as fast.  His eyes wondered around everywhere lookingfor her.

Arnav:  Khushiiiii...Khushiii...

He heard Sashi/

Sashi: Arnavvvv... Arnav ran towards him,  he pointed towards the forest areasurrounding the temple. 

Ssashi"  KHUSHi... Helpherrrr... Arnav looked there and just ran towards it.

He saw one of khushi sandles on the ground, she was being draggedand one probably feel off.  He keptrunning faster and faster... He saw the next one....... He was worried.  What happened to her.  He followed the foot dragged marks on theground...

He saw her duppata on the ground... Ripped from being dragged....His mind was racing... How was she. What happened to her... Was he toolate.  He reached the inside of theforest now... Khushi was no where to be seen.. It was too dark to look at the drag marks on the ground.... He held herdupatta in his fist and close to his heart. 

Arnv:  KHUSHIIIIIIIII...From a far heard her yelll

Khushi: Arnavvvvvvvv.... He followed her voice until he sawher.  The Man was trying to get closer toher... She was pushing his head far away looking to the side.  Struggling. Arnav ran towards her.  Grabbedthe man from his collar at the back and flung him away.  Khushi couldnt believe her eyes.  It was aranv. She got up and hugged him. Tightly.... She was crying uncontrobablly.  The man got up turned towards them. The mangrabbed a stick and hit arnav on his head. Arnav let go of khushi and turned around.  The man stopped.  Looked at arnav.  And dropped the stick.  Khushi immediatly picked it up and started tohit him.... He ran away.  Khsuhi quickelyran back to arnav.  She got her duppatafrom his hands and wrapper it around his head. His head was bleeding.  He wasabout to fall unconscious...

Khushi was crying and holding his head in her lap.. There wasblood all over her hands. It was aranvs blood. She stopped breathing for a moment...

Khushi:  arnav... No no .. Iwont let anything happen to you.. Nooo..... I wont let anything happen toyou.... I love you too much... Nothing can happen.  Even though khushi herself was injuredbecause of the man dragging her, she still stood up.  Her face had bruises all over, her hair wasscattered.  Her clothes were a littleripped.  She got up... And started tohelp arnav get up.

Khushi:  i will take you toa hospital right now.. Come on... Please get up.... Aranvs fell unconscious...Khushi hands froze.    This couldnt behappening... Khushi left arnav on the ground and frantically ran towards thetemple for help....

Khushi: hellppppp....hellpppp....

Akash had gone towards his car to get something.  He saw khushi.. His eyes wide opened..... Shewas in a mess.  And help... What hadhappeend.  He ran towards her.. Khushisaw akash and turned back... She didnt want to waste any time talking orexplaining, time was of the essense. Akash followed khushi into the forest. She was leading him somewhere. Not running away.  She had seenhim, and wouldnt run away like that.  Heran after her.  Khushi ran to arnav,kneeled beside him.  Cupped hisface.  Fixed teh loose strands of herhair behind her ear and cupped his face again.

Khushi:  aranv get up...Help is comiing.. Help is coming.  I wontlet anything happen to you.... Aranavvvv...

Akash heard aranvs name being yelled.. He ran faster.  He reached there jsut to see khushi trying towake up arnav.  He ran and both khsuhiand akash held aranv under each of his shoulders.  They got out as fast as they could. 

By this time, MM was worried. She got out of her car and noticed sashi on the ground.  She called anjali over.  They both helped him up, while sashiexplained what had ahppened.  All of asudden she looked up to see arnav in that helples state.  She saw khushi.... She saw akash.  MM ran towards arnav. 

She took askash place and akash got his car.  Parked it infront of them and got out. 

Akash:  mom,  go get dad. Me and khushi are taking bhai...goooo... Just goooo...

Khshi got into the back seat. She took arnavs head into her lap and akash started to drive. 

Khushi was crying profusellly.

Khushi:  arnavv.. Wake upplease... Please wake up... I love youuu... Please wake up...

Akash was surprised to hear that from her.  The reached the hospital.  And arnav started to get immediate medicalhelp.  Khushi and akask waited outside.

Akash asked khushi what had happened.  But she remained silent.  She knew who that man was.  What was she to say.  How was she to saw it.  She just stared at the ground infront ofher.  Folding her hands infront of hermouth and praying to her devi maiiya.  Akahs took of his jacket and placed on khushis shoulders.  She was not in a good state.  Akash got khushi to a nurse so her wounds wouldalso be attended to.  Khushi washessitant.  She didnt want to leavearnav.  She couldnt leave arnav.  Akash rassured her that he is here.  Khushi went with the nurse. 

A little while later the dr came out of arnavs room.

Dr:  you brother is oknow.  He is sleeping.  It is a good thing someone tied this clotharound his head otherwise he would have lost too much blood.  He held out khushis dupappta in hishand.  What had happened.

Akash: i am not sure.  Butall i know is that she saved my brothers life. Akash turned around, and kept on saying,   but to what use i dont know.

Dr:  what do you mean. 

Akash:  nothing dr.  Sorry. I am just overwhelmed.    The drtook akashs hand and had him sit down. 

Akash started to explain how the girl that his brother loved wasgetting married to someone else.  And sheherself saved his life today.  She washis life.  The dr just heard what askahwas telling him.

Dr:  what did you say thesame of this girl was..

Akash:  khu...... MM prakasharrived.  They were all worried for theirson.  The dr reassured them that theirson was ok.  And he would be fine in alittle bit.  The dr had left and went tohis desk. 

After a while, Garima and sashi had also arrived.  They came for khushi and arnav.  Sashi had told garima what had happened.  They wanted to thank arnav.  They thanked MM and prakash and then went tokhushis room.

The dr asked the nurse where is that girl that brought in the headinjury patient.  He still had khushisduppata.  The nurse led his to khushisroom.  The dr saw garima and sashithere.  He couldnt believe his eyes.  He walked into the room. He went back to hisoffice and took a few moments.  Hegathered his thoughts, then took khushis duppata, folded it. Then hid it in hispocked.  The Dr. Made his way back to khushis room and opened the door...

Precap..not telling...:P

Things went downhill really fast. Khushi needs to tell someone.