Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mishkil88 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Haseen dilruba is waste of time. First 45 mins interesting but it becomes bore thereafter. VM and TP acting good but poor direction , screenplay loose the control midway. It tapers slowly and

falls further towards unnecessary violent end. 

Edited by mishkil88 - 2 years ago
KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Haseen dilruba is not as bad as expected. Yes, the story & execution could've been better but the movie had its moments -- especially VM who did a very nice job of enacting his role. Climax could've been better but it's not that terrible as there were elements. The parents of Risabh had the sarcasm that prevails in terms of parents expecting from DIL based off an biodata but something else comes out even though it is comedic.

The songs, especially, lakeeran,  were awesome & had that soothing vibe. 

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Black Widow:

I feel originally it was intended to be a more dark and mature movie but they marvelised it with cringeworthy comedy and lackluster plot. What a movie it could have been if it was rated R 

2.5/5

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Black Widow:

I feel originally it was intended to be a more dark and mature movie but they marvelised it with cringeworthy comedy and lackluster plot. What a movie it could have been if it was rated R 

2.5/5

Two questions!

1) Did you watch it on the big screen or on OTT?

2) Did Florence really overshadow Scarlett like most reviews are saying?

Edited by Koviljika34 - 2 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Two questions!

1) Did you watch it on the big screen or on OTT?

Big screen 

2) Did Florence really overshadow Scarlett like most reviews are saying? 

Didn’t feel anything like that

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

I watched Black Widow on Disney plus yesterday and the entire movie just takes itself too seriously 😐.  Florence and Scarlett performance was about the same ( though Florence did more of the Russian accent).  One can fast forward through most of the movie and except for the end-credits scene it’s not probably gonna be contributing the rest of MCU either .

Ratings : 6/10

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Out of all the stuff Marvel has released this year Loki is the best one .

HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Stranger Things S3

I love Stranger Things. This year fourth of July wasn't a random day off, but a blessing in disguise to binge watch the third season. It was a thrill ride. But I must confess, the show has lost its way a little. The first season was a tight compact retro package. Great characters, a taut storyline and the nostalgia factor made it a hit. Season 2 fumbled a little with its new characters and unresolved storylines. Season 3 fumbles the most with gratuitous gore playing into 80's horror tropes. A medley of new characters - some that make an impact and will be breakout stars (here's looking at you Robin and Erica) and some that turned out to be empty husks (Larry Kline, the newspaper staff and Mrs Driscoll - I kinda loved her)

The Upside Down returns to Hawkins in a much more sinister form. Once again the gang of kids has to battle them. This time they face more challenges in the form of Russian conspiracy and more. However, the gang is split up. Mike, Lucas, Will, Eleven, and Max are on their own. Dustin teams up with Steve and his coworker Robin. Nancy and Jonathon follow a story at the newspaper they are interning at. Joyce and Hopper are doing their own investigating. Billy starts developing some darker secrets. 

Eleven started off as a great breakout character. Unfortunately, the writers seem to have plateaued with her. Her character has stopped growing and is constantly written into the same savior storylines. The only break is her friendship with Max. The two girls become rounded characters as they interact with each other.  Lucas/Max & Mike/Eleven are teens. It is the age for them to explore relationships. Plus its cutesy to see awkward geeks in a relationship. But I have to agree with Hopper and Will - its overbearing, its too much, a bit nauseating and frankly for me it kills the chemistry of the gang. I felt like the characters were held static by the relationship. 

On the other hand, Steve and Robin have delightful chemistry. Even though it is not your typical arc - they riff off each other so well. Steve is one character who has grown so much since season one. Dad Steve continues to be awesome. His friendship with Dustin is genuine. Lucas little sister Erica just adds a zing to make this quartets narrative the best of the season. 

Nancy and Jonathon have the most even keel relationship. Hopper and Joyce have constant unresolved tension and Murray Bauman has some deep psychological insights on them - just as he did last season. 

The final couple of episodes reach fever pitch as the gang struggles against a multitude of evil forces on hand. But it doesn't feel as tight as previous seasons. I would have liked better resolution for Billy. Joyce deserved more - in screentime and in life. 

S3 sets up a 4th season. I do hope that the show wraps up in S5. It is still good. I would hate for it to suffer the same problems as every other eighties horror trope where - the series drags on and jumps the shark. 

PS: I just remembered that the Lost Sister is not addressed in S3

It feels great to know that people can see ST3 lost its way. Reddit is full of fans who think S3 was the greatest thing ever made in TV history. I mean, if this is what people liked on the name of Stranger Things, why did they even bother with the first season? 

Not just Joyce, but Mike, Will, and Lucas, too, deserved better. Every other character wanted to accuse him of one thing or another. Lucas has been sidelined from the first season itself. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Superstore S1-S6

It is Emmy season and everyone is abuzz with the nominations. But Superstore has never been nominated for a single Emmy. It's tragic that such a consistently good show has been overlooked. Seriously, watch this hilarious, quirky, and heartwarming sitcom. It's actually so good. 

https://www.returntohades.com/2021/07/13/superstore-six-seasons-of-essential-viewing/

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

‘People are born rotten and they get rotten with every passing year’ - seems to be the movie’s underlying message.

It’s set in small town Colorado, although the theme is universal and it could be set in anywhere small town and be relevant...It WAS accused of having anti-american message and the final credits and the presence of Tom Edison made me think so too 

It’s a beautiful small town with four seasons and beautiful mountains, vegetations and a coal mine but nothing is shown. The setting is nothing but a small rectangular stage, and instead of showing a gooseberry bush they show you a round chalk sketch on the floor and expect you to be believe it’s a bush, instead of a dog they show the same sketch, yet it works... The film manages to hold our interest for 3 hrs ( although the first 20 min really tested my patience)

What a performance Nicole Kidman gives and looks angelic too ⭐️❤️⭐️

And despite the presence of several ‘scenes’ surprisingly she doesn’t show any skin, not even her butt like in most of her movies, here the man bares his butt

It’s interesting  to read people’s reviews online cz everybody has their own take and diff point of view about this movie... One such take was - ‘When the powerless and poor are given power they can be more cruel and savage than anybody’ and I can attest to that as I have seen it happen in real life

I knew the ending beforehand but it was still good, it must have been quite a shock to first time viewers