Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karuna_kini thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Just today I watched Taare Zameen Par and relived my childhood. Sometimes watching old movies with which we are attached is much more soothing for me than watching new movies. 

And yes even Anand movie I watched very recently. Loved Rajesh Khanna sahab's role in that movie ❀️ 

Zindagi Lambi nahi badi honi chahiye babumoshayi. 😌😌

karuna_kini thumbnail
Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

Haseen dilruba is not as bad as expected. Yes, the story & execution could've been better but the movie had its moments -- especially VM who did a very nice job of enacting his role. Climax could've been better but it's not that terrible as there were elements. The parents of Risabh had the sarcasm that prevails in terms of parents expecting from DIL based off an biodata but something else comes out even though it is comedic.

The songs, especially, lakeeran,  were awesome & had that soothing vibe. 

Sounds good. Thank you for this ☺️

I have to now listen to the soundtrack of Haseena Dilruba 

karuna_kini thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

SAINA (2021)

Poor Parineeti Chopra. It's been 10 years this year since her first film, and this is her third release of 2021 making it her busiest year ever (jointedly with 2014). But like that year also, she seems to have just missed the mark a couple of times over again. The film is full of cliches and offers absolutely nothing new. In fact it goes further into the wrong direction, it's boring. Speaking of which, the director Amol Gupte frames each scene in a way that just makes me scream "B GRADE". I'm sorry I just don't know how else to put it but the tone of the movie is reminiscent of low budget, poorly produced films of an era gone-by. As the film progresses, we do see glimpses of the stupendous talent that Pari possesses, so it just makes you wish that the film had a more competent driver steering it's wheel. The writing is flat. The cinematography is so uninspired, that it just makes the scenes even more drab. The pace is so sluggish. I think the fact that there have now been so many sports biopics in Bollywood just makes things worse. The soundtrack however is wonderful. Especially the songs Parinda and Main Hoon Na Tere Saath. The film has received a lot of criticism which it does deserve, but Parineeti's performance is still pretty good, she brings an earnestness to the character, and emotes so well that it makes you think, she could have been at the level of Alia Bhatt or Taapsee Pannu with the right directors. 

2.5 stars

Parineeti was pretty decent in the movie. But I think Shraddha Kapoor was actually the perfect fit first. At the end if the execution itself is not proper I think acting doesn't matter much. This could be a path breaking movie for anyone as now we are seeing the craze of biopics, but since the direction and making was poor nothing much can be expected. 

karuna_kini thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I'm making my 2020 movie watch list. 

Bhangra Paa Le - A simple fun film with a big heart and love for bhangra.

Chhapaak - Not as impactful as Uyare, but a good film with good performances.

Panga - I hate that Kangana sometimes makes good movies.

Jawani Jaaneman - Just a fun film. Alaya is good. I like that Saif plays his age. 

Ayyapanum Koshiyum - It's three hours long but flew through like a breeze. 

Shubh Mangal Zyaada Saavdhan - Cringe and caricaturish. But I'll give them credit for trying to make a mass entertainer gay romance. 

Yeh Ballet - A beautiful movie. We need more stories like this instead of overhype slumdog millionaire. 

HIT: The First Case - An interesting whodunnit. Looking forward to part 2 and more revelations about his PTSD. 

Thappad - A wonderfully told story. It makes a point without being too preachy. 

Kaamyaab - It's great to see Sanjay Mishra lead a movie. The man is so talented. An ode to the side hero. 

Kappela - Nothing is as it seems. Sweet romantic first half and then twists in the second. 

https://www.returntohades.com/2021/06/08/indian-movies-for-your-watch-list-2020-edition-part-1/

I do agree with Panga part. Despite the venom Kangana spits, we can't ignore the fact that she is a tremendous actor. 

Uyyare was actually good and Parvathy was fantastic in that role. Am I the only one who feels South Industry actors are much talented than half of the Bollywood industry.

Thappad gives a silent message without preaching anything and I think for that we have to upvote Anubhav Sinha. 

Thank you for reminding me of some movies and even adding some to my list. 😌☺️

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Just watched Forget Me Not, the first episode of Ray on Netflix! It was amazing. Ali Fazal and Shweta Basu Prasad are both brilliant. I have to give it to Shweta for turning her life around after the scandal she faced at such a young age. She is so much more than that. All my respect to her. What an icon smiley40

Sarika12 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Just watched Forget Me Not, the first episode of Ray on Netflix! It was amazing. Ali Fazal and Shweta Basu Prasad are both brilliant. I have to give it to Shweta for turning her life around after the scandal she faced at such a young age. She is so much more than that. All my respect to her. What an icon smiley40

Yeah it was good but I dint understand one thing...did ali really go to shanta r not? If no then why did that girl Rhea lied to him?

Sarika12 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sarika12

Yeah it was good but I dint understand one thing...did ali really go to shanta r not? If no then why did that girl Rhea lied to him?

I mean ajanta not shanta..

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Pinki Ki shaadi - short web film on YT by Natak pictures

It was a sweet and short 30 minute web film based on how the girl and guy interact on getting to know each other the day before the wedding as the girl makes up a drama to discuss with the guy for cancellation of the wedding as the guy agreed for marriage w/o thinking twice. 

The song "saath bang gya na" was sweet and simple. Amazing song to perceive especially on rainy season. 

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago
KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Lines (Hina Khan & Farida Jalal starring movie) -- it was a nice movie with family moments as to naznin's grandmother wishing to see her sister after they were separated years ago only to reunite and have naznin fall in love and marry the grandmother's sister's grandson (technically distant relatives). Then, the guy goes back to pakistan & tries to apply for visa for naznin thus events leading to kargil war in 1999.  

Maroonporsche thumbnail