Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Isn’t it a dream sequence? Any obsessive stalker would believe their fightIng for true love at the end of the day so what their doing is justified. In their dream ideal world the girl of their dreams would be in love with them. 

I get your point of view.  But to me it’s still glorification of the villain because the song, set up, picturization, everything is typical Hindi romantic song right down to the famous Yash Chopra Switzerland location.  

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

Because Sunny ''trying to kill my step mother because my horny father found her hotter than my mom'' Deol, SRK for all his theatrical stuff was phenomenally iconic in Dar. It is not about glorifying, it is about impact which you sadly in that movie didn't had. Yes you were a huge star in 90s, and also had that a huge ATBB in 2000s, although that had more to do with fulfilling of fantasy of every Indian wanting to FCK hot Pakistani girls than your dwindling star power, SRK was, is and will remain the 90s most iconic and more popular star. Yes you can shove it up your ''I only won because of Modi'' ass.

Thug, what’s with the language lately?? 

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

The Deol family is sour about it for decades...they even made a movie to mock SRK and praise Salman. Thier excuse is to settle the score for the mocking of Manoj kumar in Om shanti Om. But real reason is they hate srk to the core.

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Isn’t it a dream sequence? Any obsessive stalker would believe their fightIng for true love at the end of the day so what their doing is justified. In their dream ideal world the girl of their dreams would be in love with them. 

See the whole game is about portrayal . Normally in any films villian s are hated and aren't provided with songs like these.The obsession isn't portrayed so beautifully like love.

Edited by tanvismile - 4 years ago
v_nakshara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

It seems like Sunny Deol doesn’t like to be overshadowed by his co-stars. He was also bitter about Sridevi overshadowing him in Chaalbaaz.

Aamir was supposed to play SRK's role first. But, he had differences and walked out. Later, Rakesh Roshan had shown clips of SRK which he had shot for King Uncle to Adi who was Asst director and though Adi was not that impressed, he and his father still went ahead as they were unable to find a replacement. 

Sunny Deol was a Huge star back then and SRK was just a newcomer. So, he did felt taken for a ride after the release bcoz the film was focussed on villain and not the Hero. It was shown from SRK's point of view and he had the best scenes and songs. 

While Sunny and Juhi had nothing much to do in the film other than romancing in different locations. But, I dont think he shud blame SRK for it. He was just an actor and a newcomer so I dont think he had much say back then. It was Yash chopra's decision. 

Edited by ThunderLight - 4 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I get your point of view.  But to me it’s still glorification of the villain because the song, set up, picturization, everything is typical Hindi romantic song right down to the famous Yash Chopra Switzerland location.  

I agree with this point.... That song did glorify the pairing just like 'yeh kaha as Gaye hum' glorified EMA...... Oh wait, wasn't that Yash Chopra too

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sunny's anger is misdirected, he should be pissed at Yash Chopra not SRK if he felt he was given a raw deal in Darr. Also he should have read the script better and realized that the negative role had more scope to outshine everyone... As @thunderlight said the main reason  Yash Chopra took SRK for the role was because no other actor was willing to do the role, it is not as if SRK changed the script to suit him. SRK did not have that kind of clout back then. Adi Chopra admitted that  they took SRK because he was the only one willing to do the role.

“Just like the character of Raj, my relationship with Shah Rukh has also evolved over the last two decades. When we cast him for Darr, to be honest, neither dad, nor I really liked him. He was working on Rakesh Roshan’s King Uncle then and we had managed to get our hands on the reel of some footage. Neither of us were very impressed but somehow, maybe because everyone kept rejecting the negative part, we ended up signing him,” reveals Aditya in the book.

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago
Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Why is he still so salty.A grown ass man being like "I didn't talk to someone for 16 years". WTH?! Seriously? For what? Doing a better job acting as an antagonist? Grow up. Its my pet peeve to see men behave like this. Sunny and Bobby (especially) only got into acting as products of nepotism. SRK build his stardom on his own. He took risks and strived to get to his place. Nobody handed him a career or connections. He had to go out there and make connections and played the villian till he got good protagonist roles. 

Edited by Cookies.. - 4 years ago
Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SriRani

The Deol family is sour about it for decades...they even made a movie to mock SRK and praise Salman. Thier excuse is to settle the score for the mocking of Manoj kumar in Om shanti Om. But real reason is they hate srk to the core.

True.

I just wonder why Dharmendra and Bobby both decided to do cameos in Om Shanti Om if they all hated him so much knowing it is SRKs film. The fakeness is real