Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I mean looking at where SRK is now. I think Sunny should let it go 😆

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna46

Sunny seems to be butthurt till this day because Darr remains to be his only film where someone stole his thunder. 

Salman stole Sunny's thunder in Jeet

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: heartbleed

Salman stole Sunny's thunder in Jeet

Image result for salman khan gif jeet

OF course with such moves

--QUEEN-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Villian was glorified in darr

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

woah...even Sunny knows that there was no glorification, the reason he felt so bad that he was the leading man (the hero) of the movie and presumably a bigger star than SRK at that time. So srk winning all the accolades for his performance and taking most of the credit definitely must not have gone well with Sunny. He obviously thought that SRK and Yash Raj manipulated the project to win the game and sidelined sunny. 

I dislike this kind of attitude of such egoistic actors. Why do people forget that Darr was not the only one film of this Genre? Who can forget Urmila Matondkar's chilling performance in Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya. Her character was on the same lines. she does all the bad things but in the end you symphtaize with her just like SRK in darr and its mainly because of the powerful house both the actors possess. 

And take Sonali kulkarni, she was actually the heroine of the film and her role was really complex too. Yet, If you watch lehren retro videos on YT she appreciated Urmila so much which shows what a graceful and mature lady she really is 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: mystic786

Ok I could be wrong but that song's title is literally "Tu Hai Meri Kiran" 😅 which is emphasising Rahul's obsession for Kiran. It does seem a bit weird but we have to realise that this is 90s BW (where a song is required to convey any imp msg) and that Rahul was the most important character in that story, kinda like a villain-protagonist, the order is like this:

1. Rahul

2. Kiran

3. Whatever Sunny's name was 

Rahul was definitely not a conventional villain of 90s BW, which was what made Darr different, but other than this song thing, he's never glorified in the film. SRK just had the more interesting (but tough) and more prominent role and anyone can tell that just by reading the premise of Darr. If Sunny wanted the spotlight on him so bad he should've never signed a 2 hero film in the first place where the other guy clearly has the more prominent role based on the premise alone.

I mean, dude, this is a film about a guy's obsession for a girl and how he will go to any lengths to get her, what major role could he have possibly hoped for in such a film? He would obviously just be a flower pot boyfriend. I can't imagine Kiran's SO having any significant role in this. They still gave Sunny ample screen time. 

Well, we disagree on the glorification part.  A song wasn’t necessary, but if there had to be one it didn’t need to be shot in a romantic way with Juhi dancing for him.  To me there was definitely glorification.  

As for the bold point in your post, yes that is exactly how we know the movie to be.  Question is was this how it was narrated to Sunny Deol when he agreed to do the film?  I think that has been his gripe all these decades that Yash Chopra lied to him.  

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: _Darling_

lol I can’t believe that’s what you saw ending as when the ending actually showed what was the whole story about and makers made her the victim rather than the way you are talking about. That’s what most saw as. Or may be you didn’t hear the ending monologues or her love crying and being guilty and said the cheater husband life will be from now on. He was shown the looser again in the end by loosing to her and again being trapped in her plan as always and the mistress fake crying as usual. FYI, she herself wanted to get killed and planned it that way. It’s not like she got killed by her love accidentally. But she planned it that way and succeeded in what she wanted making her love guilty forever while the other one was ignored as usual like the third wheel homewrecker she always was. Even the end was HOW the main lead wanted as and what she wanted. She got what she wanted and won! Sad the end was focused on her and her love by making her the victim and sympathized and again the homewrecker was ignored. Both the homewrecker and cheater husband were shown as losers crying lol. I thought makers would give lesson on how selfless homewrecker love was according to you and few others, but they again chose to focus on the obsessed wife and her love and apparently made her love the selfless one lmao. But keep believing how you want that as and whatever makes you happy. Btw, the show is coming again her as main lead played by her daughter. 

That's great .Hope u enjoy part 2 as well.For me it's simple she got killed by her love and that's what she wanted but why did she want that because she wasn't getting to live with him and without him she couldn't survive  .Her main aim to live with him was destroyed was a punishment given by universe to her for deeds .Killing so many people in the name of love is so unfair.So she received punishment and it's the biggest punishment knowing he is going to live with that other whom she hates . Yes he might be guilty for killing her but I don't think she kept any choice to him . So he and his wife and family all together that's a win .

JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

srk's char wasn't glorified at all. but yes sunny's char was lacking in every aspects. I mean who would want a hairy n boring husband who had grandpa's gait n who looked so disinterested. in fact now that I think of sunny's n juhi's pair, it practically reminds me of rk alia in real life. she is so young n he is so lifeless. srk's char although negative, perhaps wins more hearts coz at least he looked more passionate than sunny.sunny's char looked like he had erectile dysfunction due to ripe age.

darr n dewaana are two movies where while watching the movies, I wished the original husbands died n srk walks away with the heroine coz both the heroes of the movies were too old for the girls n their face were huge distraction n as large as an aged walrus! 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
Ya point , srk is looking like main character n sunny just supporting character. Like padmavat movie how shahid is supporting character n villain role played by rs main role, sunny said know he kept faith on film maker n how film maker betrayed his faithEdited by Cool_N_Cold - 4 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Oh really? I thought Aamir turned it down because he had already played a similar character in “Dewana Mujse Nani.” I mean in that movie stalking and obsession is glorified because Aamir ends up with Madhuri at the end. Interestingly enough there is a very similar scenes where Aamir is talking to Madhuri’s pictures the same way SRK talks to Juhi’s in Darr. Madhuri was also the initial choice for Kiran.

In any case I can see why Aamir would have the liberty to turn down a role due to professional ethics. But SRK as an outsider had to make his bread and butter off of what was given to him. So even if he did sense something unethical was going on professionally he didn’t not have the same security as Aamir to say no to someone as big as Yash Raj. He was as powerless as Sunny in the situation. So I am not sure why Sunny took it out on him?

At the time of Darr’s production and release Aamir gave a lot of generic reasons including I wanted to spend time with my family.  It was many many years later and after being prodded by a journalist that he said he wanted a joint narration and didn’t get it.  

That Aamir Madhuri movie was the epitome of everything bad with 90s movie 🙄.  But it was more comedic, though probably not intentionally 😂.  It definitely wasn’t intense like Darr and I don’t think his character was violent like SRK’s.  

Well, again not trying to speak ill of the dead but we don’t know what SRK was told when he was offered the role.  There’s a reason why Aamir asked for joint narration. He probably knew Chopra was selling two different versions. Maybe SRK didn’t know that and just got lucky.  Or maybe Sunny was supposed to be the more important character opposite Aamir but Yash Chopra changed his mind when SRK came on board.  Worst case scenario is what you said, SRK knew but being fairly new he couldn’t really go against Yash Chopra and rat him out to Sunny Deol could be?  Was Darr after DDLJ or before?  Maybe SRK felt indebted to Chopras after DDLJ. I think Sunny probably did get played by Yash Chopra.  I just find his admission that he didn’t speak to SRK for 16 years odd.