Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: heartbleed

Salman stole Sunny's thunder in Jeet

Stealing someone's thunder is not just about performing better. It means completely overshadowing the lead actor. Is Jeet remembered as only and only Salman film? Is the movie even remembered at all?

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

Because Sunny ''trying to kill my step mother because my horny father found her hotter than my mom'' Deol, SRK for all his theatrical stuff was phenomenally iconic in Dar. It is not about glorifying, it is about impact which you sadly in that movie didn't had. Yes you were a huge star in 90s, and also had that a huge ATBB in 2000s, although that had more to do with fulfilling of fantasy of every Indian wanting to FCK hot Pakistani girls than your dwindling star power, SRK was, is and will remain the 90s most iconic and more popular star. Yes you can shove it up your ''I only won because of Modi'' ass.

Sunny has done alot of Anti-Pak films, none of them were bigger than Gadar, so there must be something in it that it such big box office phenomena. And what you said about Pakistani girls, Veer Zaara had the same premise but it wasn't such a big Hit. 

Sunny deserves credit for Gadar more than anyone else, considering the movie isn't even remembered as a classic like other ATBBs in history of Bollywood.

minal11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Title of the movie (Darr) itself suggests what it is all about..even if Sunny didn't read the script he at least should have understand this movie is just not about hero heroine ka remonce n villain ka the end..there is something more to it..Chpora's offered SRK's role to many but nobody was interested its a well known fact..how come Sunny wasn't aware of it?  I think at that time Sunny must be extremely happy that he got hero's role in a yash Raj movie (which everybody else wanted to do) and must have thought villain koi bhi bane kon yaad rakhne wala hai but in reality ulta hi ho gaya..clearly after its release he couldn't digest the fact that SRK stole all the limelight and needless to say he simply nailed the role ..even today "Darr " is known as SRK's movie !

Edited by minal11 - 4 years ago
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: v_nakshara

It seems like Sunny Deol doesn’t like to be overshadowed by his co-stars. He was also bitter about Sridevi overshadowing him in Chaalbaaz.

Chaalbaaz was all about Sri. Geet in JWM also overshadowed Shahid’s role...but Shahid was fantastic & everyone remembers him. Juhi outshone Aamir in Hum Hai Rahi Pyaar Ke but AK is still remembered for his performance.  Sunny is a weak actor so he can zip it about Sri in Chaalbaaz lol! 

angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Sunny wasn't salty about glorification but he is salty about getting totally overshadowed by a new comer outsider 😆Never in his wildest imagination he would have dreamt of his highness megastar getting totally blown away by someone who was still starting his career in the industry  where sunny ruled that too in a role where Sunny was supposed to beat the shit out of him ....success was non stop after that 😛

Edited by angrybread - 4 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tanvismile

See the whole game is about portrayal . Normally in any films villian s are hated and aren't provided with songs like these.The obsession isn't portrayed so beautifully like love.

If you watch the Netflix serious "YOU" the show is almost completely told from the obsessive stalker's point of view. How he is justified even with murder because he is trying to protect what he thinks is love that is actually obsession? But everyone can see that he has mental issues and is dangerous. So I don't think it is glorification. Rather giving the audience a glimpse in the obsessive stalker's psych.   Indian films, especially in the 90s, always used songs to show complex emotions or display things that would otherwise take a long time to display in fast motion. Although they used the song to show that in his head the character thought what he was doing was for love at the same time they left no stone unturned to show that he was dangerous and mentally unstable. Again he dies at the end. In the 90s where many rapists use to end up with a happy ending, I think Darr was a huge step up. Yes, Sharukh's character was given lots of importance that why we even got to see his psych and dream world. The same way the actor playing the stalker in "YOU" is getting a lot of acclaims because the show literally revolves around him. I still don't think it is villain glorification more like villain prominence in a story, which might have been what Sunny was mad about. 

Edited by grumpydwarf - 4 years ago
astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Isn’t it a dream sequence? Any obsessive stalker would believe their fightIng for true love at the end of the day so what their doing is justified. In their dream ideal world the girl of their dreams would be in love with them. 

It's a creative decision to go with a dream sequence like that, isn't it? That's where they're saying the filmmakers so called glorified the stalker. Cuz you give him these positive instances in the movie. Now Urmila's Pyaar tune kya kia showed how crazy she was...so it's not like this is the only way to make a movie on this topic.

-.Priya.- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

So much insecurity 😡

Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

That crazed look in his eyes when he stabs Sunny Deol’s character 

https://youtu.be/1-k_xgu4PQg

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

"It was really very early in his career that Shah Rukh accepted Baazigar and Darr, the two films that cast him as an anti-hero. "

I had worked with Shah Rukh in Deewana (1992) and knew that he was smart and capable. I don't know what happened thereafter because I heard that Yash ji offered the role to Aamir Khan and Ajay Devgn. But ultimately he did go to Shah Rukh and the rest is history," narrated Rishi Kapoor in Khullam Khulla, his candid biography.

Rishi was then offered the role played by Sunny Deol in this film which too he refused as he felt it would mean "playing second fiddle to the villain, who was clearly the pivotal character in the film".

–----------_-----------------------

It's clear that SRK took upon the role early in his career : Yash Chopra banner, Juhi as heroine and pivotal role. He performed it with sincerity and passion and won the hearts of audience. There was a novelty value to his role and performance.

Sunny being bitter and scornful reflects badly on him. If Rishi could see that the positive role would get over shadowed then why couldn't he? His own performance was lack lustre, he was so dull. Still if he felt cheated then the right person to get upset with was Yash Chopra. Perhaps Sunny never thought a nobody doing a psycho path role would steal the limelight film from him the bigger star at that time. Ego bruised badly.