Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

It's been 25+ years since Darr released. Why is he still talking about this? 

He was the hero by complete BW standards -- got the girl,  fought,  killed the villain, had the romantic songs of the film. If YC played him,  then why hold it against SRK? What was SRK going to do? Walk out of the very first big film offered to him in his 1st/2nd year in BW & pick a fight with BW bigwigs because the other actor is getting a raw deal? As Dharmendra's son, Sunny had the luxury to do whatever he wanted. Its not a courtesy extended to outsiders. Why didn't he just play the negative character then? Itna nakhra.

I doubt Sunny would advise his kid to reject Raju Hirani's movie because Ranbir has a weaker role in it.  Gimme a break.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ilahi

Did he receive any Filmfare supporting actor for Darr?I am not sure if it's this movie or different one but in one of the SNG videos Aadar Malik mentioned that Sunny Deol left his award in toilet as he was pissed for putting him in supporting category. Can't believe he is still salty about it after decades. 

Didn’t Kareena have a similar reaction for her win for “We Are Family.” I mean all these people behave like kids sometimes. If it ended up being a bad call learn from it. Being salty isn’t going to help you in the future.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Well, we disagree on the glorification part.  A song wasn’t necessary, but if there had to be one it didn’t need to be shot in a romantic way with Juhi dancing for him.  To me there was definitely glorification.  

As for the bold point in your post, yes that is exactly how we know the movie to be.  Question is was this how it was narrated to Sunny Deol when he agreed to do the film?  I think that has been his gripe all these decades that Yash Chopra lied to him.  

Agree to everything else you just said. But I just watched the first three minutes of Darr. And straight away you know the reason Kiron is dancing is that she thinks her boyfriend has come to pick her up from school and is trying to surprise her.

Edited by grumpydwarf - 4 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Something Shahid will say in 20 yrs 😂😂😂

rupsii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Yash Chopra was known for giving different versions of stories to his leads. He had introduced Juhi Chawla in Chandni, opposite Vinod Khanna, but later he chopped off her role length. I had read an article about Juhi bein upset with YRF. So the blame should be on YC more than SRK. Sunny might be right in his bitterness, but dude its been 20 plus years.. let it go now.

SRK was ready to experiment with a negative character and he was awesome as the obssessive villain. I think his role clicked because probably for the first time in BW cinema a villain had a back story. They kept him negative till the end.. and SRK with his acting struck a chord somewhere.. heck even I felt bad when he dies, despite being scared of the stalking shown in the movie..all said and done.. Darr would always be known for the villain and the songs I guess! and thats the biggest post I have ever written here 😆

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Agree to everything else you just said. But I just watched the first three minutes of Darr. And straight away you know the reason Kiron is dancing is that she thinks her boyfriend has come to pick her up from school and is trying to surprise her.

No, I’m talking about this song 

https://youtu.be/0-7RHSbyZGw

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Your saying SRK shouldn t have got this song since he's the villain ?? Its hardly the first instance of a villain getting a song picturized on them in Bollywood 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: DragonBoy49

Your saying SRK shouldn t have got this song since he's the villain ?? Its hardly the first instance of a villain getting a song picturized on them in Bollywood 

I’m saying everything about this song is romantic and it falls into the glorification of SRK’s character.  

As far as I know songs picturized on villains in those days specially were all more or less item songs.  None of them showed the main villain as this romantic guy who just has so much love for the heroine.  If you didn’t know anything about Darr the movie and saw this song does anything in this song tell you SRK is an obsessive violent stalker?  

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Isn’t it a dream sequence? Any obsessive stalker would believe their fightIng for true love at the end of the day so what their doing is justified. In their dream ideal world the girl of their dreams would be in love with them. 

adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Ilahi

Did he receive any Filmfare supporting actor for Darr?I am not sure if it's this movie or different one but in one of the SNG videos Aadar Malik mentioned that Sunny Deol left his award in toilet as he was pissed for putting him in supporting category. Can't believe he is still salty about it after decades. 

That was for damini as he did special appearance and didn’t consider himself as a supporting character.

Srk did the same thing in trimurti but no one knows about it. The original lead was Sanjay Dutt but after he couldn’t do it, his role was chopped to half and given to Anil.