Rajkummar Rao in the remake of "Chup ke Chup ke"

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Rajkummar Rao roped in to play the role of Dharmendra in the remake of the 1975 comedy film Chupke Chupke?

As per a report, Rajkummar Rao will be reprising the role of Dharmendra in the 1975 comedy movie, Chupke Chupke. The remake of the epic comedy is being done by Bhushan Kumar and Luv Ranjan. Read to know more.
Written By Pinkvilla Desk  80726 reads  Mumbai  Updated: April 20, 2019 09:43 am
Rajkummar Rao roped in to play the role of Dharmendra in the remake of the 1975 Comedy film Chupke Chupke?
  •  

Bollywood directors and producers often opt to follow the trend of remakes that is prevalent in the industry to get a film to be a hit. The current wave that has hit Bollywood is to remake the old classic Bollywood films. A while back, it was announced that the classic 1978 film Pati Patni Aur Woh will be remade with Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday. Now, if reports are to be believed, another cult comedy film from yesteryears is all set to be remade and it is none other than Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan's 1975 comedy film Chupke Chupke.

As per a report in Mumbai Mirror, the classic comedy which is still entertaining to watch is being remade by producers Bhushan Kumar and Luv Ranjan. The two have teamed up and have also roped in one of the current generation stars and it is none other than Rajkummar Rao. In the remake of Hrishikesh Mukherjee's epic comedy, Rajkummar will be reprising the role of Dharmendra aka Professor Parimal Tripathi aka Pyarelal. 

In the film, Amitabh Bachchan was seen as Dharmendra's best friend who pretends to be Professor Parimal, but actually is Sukumar Sinha who is an English lecturer. While Om Prakash was seen as the barrister jijaji, Sharmila Tagore played the role of Dharmendra's wife. Now, in the remake, the rest of the cast is yet to finalised. But, as of now, Rajkummar is roped in to play Dharmendra's dual role. 

As per Mumbai Mirror, "Chupke Chupke is an iconic film and a favourite of many, including Rajkummar. He loved the idea of a remake and has agreed to come on board. It will have Raj in the dual avatars. The script is still being finalised, while the director and the rest of the cast are yet to be locked but the team is really excited about this one. Meanwhile, Rajkummar Rao will be seen with Kangana Ranaut in Mental Hai Kya. The film is helmed by Prakash Kovelamudi and is being produced by Balaji Motion Pictures. The poster of the film featured Kangana and Rajkummar in a crazy avatar pulling off a razor-sharp act. Mental Hai Kya is slated to release on June 21, 2019. 

Edited by 4thPrincoholic - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
and who else will be the other hero??
Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail
Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

and who else will be the other hero??

Article read kar liya karo as you like to say ... ðŸ¤£

"Now, in the remake, the rest of the cast is yet to finalised"
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

Article read kar liya karo as you like to say ...🤣

"Now, in the remake, the rest of the cast is yet to finalised"

padh liya tha, ishiliye toh pucha😆 If anyone has any idea.
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Always loved that movie... Not sure about the remake though
Pehchaan.Kaun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Wow ! Chupke Chupke is my MOST MOST fav hindi movie from that genre ever !!

I think Vicky Kaushal will be a very good match in Amitabh's role ! Sharmila Tagore's role should be played by Shradhha, she is pretty and gorgeous. Although Sara in Sharmila's role would be a dream cast for me, but I dont think she is there yet. Raj-Shraddha had good chemistry. Jaya can be Sona.
CuttingChai thumbnail
Even with a screwed up storyline, its one of my fav movies.
Guinea thumbnail
My all time favourite Hindu comedy . Dharmendra, AB Snr and Om Prakash !

I hope they do justice to itin the remake .
kalank thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail
NOOO THAT MOVIE IS SUCH A CLASSIC PLEASE PLEASE DON'T RUIN IT, I LOVE THAT MOVIE
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Luv Ranjan should stick to those SKTKS and Punchnaama types. ðŸ¥±