Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

i wish someone someday makes a finite series on Jahanara too ,Shahjehan's daughter...they can take reference from Indu Sudershan's novel of the same...they can make a series on it like the did for twentieth wife...she is another fascinating character ..living in the shadows of her mother mumtaz mahal ,her story is worth telling..
sun29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ginger2010

I think a web series is being made based on the book Empire of the Mughals
( Babur to Aurangzeb)

Also another one is probably being made called Taj based on the book by T. N. Murari ( another excellent book on Shah Jehan's reign)

Hopefully those will remain true to history and the respective books

😊

thanks ginger..this one am definitely watching and since it is web series there is hope..
TheSupergirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
There was a serial on Noorjehan na. Milind soman played salim and Gauri pradhan was noorjehan. It used to come on Doordarshan every thursday. Me n my siblings used tojust wait for thursdays since we didnt have cable and that was the only thing we could watch on tv😆
sun29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MichiganGal

Okay I gotta go. Had a great time here. Thank you sun :D Anyway since we were discussing JA, Paridhi is coming back in a new show on Sony. Sun, check out this promo-

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5PQoeEU8eY[/YOUTUBE]

The girl is Ashnoor Kaur. She played Kunal's daughter in Na Bole Tum and they had the most adorable relationship ever. If I wasn't off daily soaps, I would have given this a try. Anyone interested can watch this one. Looks decent enough đŸ˜†

see you later akansha...not a fan of paridhi at all ..but loved kunal and ashnoor in na bole tum ..thanks for the link..will check out
sun29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheSupergirl

There was a serial on Noorjehan na. Milind soman played salim and Gauri pradhan was noorjehan. It used to come on Doordarshan every thursday. Me n my siblings used tojust wait for thursdays since we didnt have cable and that was the only thing we could watch on tv😆

haan i remember that one ..have seen a few episodes of it..siyasat another show on epic was also based on noorjehan's rise to power and EK is coming with a web series on noor jehan starring mouni roy ...
TheSupergirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: sun29

EK show in a nutshell đŸ¤Ł...also add the need to sacrifice for the dumbest of the reason and thus put every other person in deep trouble yet will not open their mouth ...another very common character of all her FLs đŸ˜†đŸ˜†

Thats what i said. All her FLs are dumb AF 😆 but to her credit her shows are good in the first few months. There are villains no doubt but the love story is shown quite well. Kzk mein toh poori khichdi hi kardi usne. She went completely overboard with her OTTness. For eri's sake, hope she realises now what audience want. Aisa chalta raha toh show will shut shop in a year.  
TheSupergirl thumbnail

i wish someone someday makes a finite series on Jahanara too ,Shahjehan's daughter...they can take reference from Indu Sudershan's novel of the same...they can make a series on it like the did for twentieth wife...she is another fascinating character ..living in the shadows of her mother mumtaz mahal ,her story is worth telling..

Kjo is making a movie on Dara Shikoh n Aurangzeb. Kareena is playing Jahanara. RS is Dara Shikoh n Vicky Kaushal is Aurangzeb. Anil Kapoor is playing Shah Jahan and Alia, Jhanvi n Bhumi also are there .
I have no hopes from Kjo, but i read the story on Wiki and it was quite interesting. 
Ginger2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

thanks ginger..this one am definitely watching and since it is web series there is hope..

Me too 😊

As I have read both, I am quite eagerly waiting for it - the first one I think is being made for Hotstar ( not sure though) and the second one is being made by Farhan Akhtar's production house- so have some hopes for the two 😊 - let's see whether they live upto it or not.

Meanwhile bear with butchering of history - Shaheer playing Salim being the only reason for me to watch this show - hope they do not go overboard trying to gain trps.
Ginger2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheSupergirl

Kjo is making a movie on Dara Shikoh n Aurangzeb. Kareena is playing Jahanara. RS is Dara Shikoh n Vicky Kaushal is Aurangzeb. Anil Kapoor is playing Shah Jahan and Alia, Jhanvi n Bhumi also are there .
I have no hopes from Kjo, but i read the story on Wiki and it was quite interesting.

Yes it's about the war of succession between Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh. The movie is called Takht. The premise is interesting- but since it's KJo, better not have much expectations with regard to authenticity- it may turn out to be Mughal themed K3G 😕 - who knows 😆