Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Her brother has much more chances than her.
In Bollywood good looking is not an important parameter for the actors but for actresses it still is. Infact it is for the Indian society/ audience as a whole and it is not just applicable on Bollywood...pehle darshandhari phir ghunn vichari πŸ˜•.

She might have a good debut because of KJo and papa SRK but that surely would not last long enough. Ultimately she might fit more into character roles like Radhika Apte...Edited by rimi10 - 5 years ago
Twisterfry thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Alia is average as f**k but she still made it. So why can't Suhana? But she needs to cut down on her despo vibes imo
Japrilforever thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Well am not talking about opinions. Looks are subjective and all so you are totally entitled to your opinion. But general perception in the 90s was that Salman was great looking unlike SRK who was known for his charm (that dint stop him from becoming a heartthrob is a different story). Salman dint have a great body or six packs in MPK or Saajan or even HAHK. A lot of people found him great looking. Am not even talking about the current version here πŸ˜†

Maybe that was because these two were competing and salman was obviously a better looker of the two? Looks are highly subjective. Whats matters is screen presence, star quality and an awe factor and Salman did have that a lot. To me he was strictly average looking. Maybe coz im not from that era lol. 
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: anjs

.she is not gorgeous to be a lead heroine... But then Nepotism Father KJO will carve her career just like he did for Alia...

Why would she need kjo when her dad ( who has a big hand in shaping kjo's career ) is here πŸ€” 
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
For BW people looks don't matter as it can be easily changed unlike aam janta where looks are permanent πŸ˜† Edited by angrybread - 5 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -JaprilForever-

Maybe that was because these two were competing and salman was obviously a better looker of the two? Looks are highly subjective. Whats matters is screen presence, star quality and an awe factor and Salman did have that a lot. To me he was strictly average looking. Maybe coz im not from that era lol. 

I don't know why we are arguing about this in this unconnected topic but here goes πŸ˜†  Like I said, looks are subjective and I know people who find Ash bad looking so its alright. Am only talking about popular perception here and the popular perception in the 90s was that Salman was a looker. And even IMO, this is definitely great looking-

Related image

With this, lets agree to disagree πŸ˜†
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Looks-wise , I feel Shanaya and Navya have sharper features. Khushi too, but I feel she is a pretty average looker but completely transforms with make-up and is very photogenic with a lovely smile. 
I don't find Suhana to be conventionally good-looking. And I feel, compared to male actors, female actors still require to have those typical pretty girl-next door or "hot" looks to make it as a commercially successful star. Else, you are relegated to "critically acclaimed" actor.

But this is Shah Rukh Khan's daughter and KJo's goddaughter. The kind of debut and attention Janhvi got would pale in comparison to what Suhana will get. The kind of backing KJo will give her would be a hundred times more than what he has given Alia. She also has abundant money to groom herself, and will know how to present herself. We are not exactly talking about a Patralekha or a Mithali Palkar here.

All she has to do is turn out to be a half-decent actress.

The big question though is what is going to happen to the offscreen friendships and equations between the girls.. πŸ˜†

Khushi and Shanaya are sisters. Shanaya, Suhana and Ananya have been BFFs since they were toddlers. Navya and Aryan are close friends. Karan will have to end up launching the careers of all the remaining girls too - I am sure of it - Maheep and Shweta must have already started pressuring him. 

I am personally rooting for Shanaya and Khushi if they turn out to be decent actresses. Mainly because, for a change, the next generation of a bollywood khandaan would have the girls being more successful than the guys (Harsh, Arjun, Mohit) and leading the way. 
Edited by lunza - 5 years ago
Hazardous thumbnail
Lets be honest, she looks like a dude.
AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Don't know about you guys. But I definitely would πŸ˜‰
nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nepotism in BW has led to eugenics in reverse. I think Professor Saif knows about it. We're literally scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to looks.
Sad reality is looks are not no.1 the most important thing for men. But unfortunately it is so for women. Even a Kajol or Priyanka look good on occasion. 
But I don't mind if she's really talented. May be we should truly move beyond looks now.