Twinkle Khanna Doesn't Support The Idea Of Menstrual Leave

GolguppaGuzzler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Twinkle Khanna Doesn't Support The Idea Of Menstrual Leave, Says Women Shouldn't Make It An Excuse

A lot of people think women should stay at home, so why give them an excuse to stop women from doing anything? I was a part of a show where in a lady said she runs more when she is on her period, so that no one can tell her to sit at home because she is weak.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Faerydae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Twinkle ji hum us dash me rehte  hai yahan periods ki chodo pregnancy ( even in 8th month )me bhi  mazdoori karti hai.😆 Edited by Faerydae - 6 years ago
--Ariana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
India mein toh kuch companies maternity leave tak nai deti, menstrual leave toh bohot dur ki baat hai! Some of the companies are so bad, they ask before hiring whether a person is planning to get married soon.
They expect people to not get married or have kids, and basically to stop living their lives. They just want their employees to concentrate on work. I wish the labour laws were a little better here!
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
When can she shut the f**k up. Am so tired of her nonsense. Its so easy to sit at home and do nothing and live off your husband's clout while making stupid statements about what strength entails. She should have told the woman that taking leave for cramps during periods doesn't mean a woman's weak. It is only allows women to take care of their bodies better. And excuse,really? Must be really easy for her during periods,sitting at an air-conditioned home while wracking her non existent brains for a unfunny column noone cares about. Surely periods is an excuse for those women actually doing physical labour,actually traveling to places in crowded buses working round the clock. Sureee.  Edited by AllThatCritique - 6 years ago
PhunsukWangdu thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
There are scientific reasons for a lady getting rest during periods. It is not possible for most women to get any rest during these days. Pseudo liberals will never understand all this. 
Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I as a woman who goes through severe pain in my waist area, legs, and bouts of vomiting during that time of the month would love a paid leave, but I am not sure if this is the time to focus on an issue like this one, when there are much severe problems that women are facing. 

Issues such as periods, lack of toilets are already being used to stop capable women from getting into combat in the defence forces, so instead of making this an issue now, I think it's better to wait and focus on other problems right now.  
The feminism movement needs to prioritize things.  

P. S - It's idiotic to term it as an excuse. Some of us really suffer during those 3-4 days.  
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Not everyone has the luxury to sit at home and lecture online like her - for her productive or unproductive is same  ðŸ¤” Ask those those suffer menstrual pain and have to ring in sick every month while having a guilty feeling like they are doing something wrong or those who don't even have the luxury to take a sick leave and have to work .Edited by angrybread - 6 years ago
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Every single interview i have ever given I've been asked when I'm planning to get married... Most companies don't even want to hire women of marriageable age let alone give them menstrual leave...

Its only one small company that announced it and every one came up in arms abt how women have it easy... 

Even of leave is given, how many women will actually go to hr and say they are having periods and want leave?.. And some women suffer crippling pain but go to work

Her stupidity is like the universe - ever expanding 
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: angrybread

Not everyone has the luxury to sit at home and lecture online like her - for her productive or unproductive is same  ðŸ¤” Ask those those suffer menstrual pain and have to ring in sick every month while having a guilty feeling like they are doing something wrong or those who don't even have the luxury to take a sick leave and have to work .

Also how many sick leaves can you take?... My sis literally takes injections for the pain... There was some stupid guy on Twitter that said that he doesn't believe that there is something called menstrual pain... Like billion of women conspired together to fake pain over centuries.   

We expect women to be superheroes and when it comes to actively accommodating them then we use marriage/children etc to say inse kaam nahin hoga
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bips

Also how many sick leaves can you take?... My sis literally takes injections for the pain... There was some stupid guy on Twitter that said that he doesn't believe that there is something called menstrual pain... Like billion of women conspired together to fake pain over centuries.   

We expect women to be superheroes and when it comes to actively accommodating them then we use marriage/children etc to say inse kaam nahin hoga

Can't really take much sick leaves as well , Women in my family suffer from horrendous pain...on some lucky days periods will start on a weekend and that month will be covered but apart from that there isn't much choice - either a high dose of pain killer ( which is again not a good idea to take on a regular basis ) or a day off ( with too many eyebrows raised ) or just suffer in the end .

My younger sister's period date was falling while it was her GCSE exams ...GP prescribed high dose of pain killer (Naproxen) only to be taken in emergency  if periods start on the exam day .