Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

I don't support the idea mainly because I believe companies will just simply stop hiring woman if they are forced to give them leaves on a monthly basis. And given the number of people we have in this country there will be thousand waiting to take up that job. 

What you're saying is sad, but very true. 
As long as something like this is voluntarily done by companies, there won't be a problem. But,  I hope the government doesn't step in, for, there are high chances of this measure having opposite consequences.  

Even the government's plan to increase the maternity leave from 12 weeks to 26 weeks sounds goods, but won't work. No company would like to endure costs of 26 weeks for free of cost. Companies will hesitate to hire women, and there are many who would happily take their place. 
Twisterfry thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Omg she is so stupid. Why can't she understand that feminism is not about forcing your stupid opinions on other people? It's about having a choice; women should have a choice as to whether they want to stay at home or go to work when they are having period cramps. Because everyone's body is different; the pain is different and the way the body reacts to medication is different. She and her stupid husband suck. 

I think she has lost her periods and mental stability along with it . How'd she know about menstrual pain now that she is going through menopause.lol
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
god this woman is really insensitive n knows nothing about the various
menstrual pain that many patients suffer which forces them to take leave..
just bcoz u dnt have it does nt mean other uses it as an excuse to enjoy
leaves..there is height of being educated illiterate ..n she tops it.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I am a woman. I was anemic a huge portion of my teenage years and suffered immensely painful and lengthy periods. I've always been inconvenienced by heavy flow and massive cramps on my second and third days. I am a working woman and do not have the luxury to sit at home like celebrities. 
That being said, I do not think menstrual leave is necessary. Twinkle is absolutely right. 

Menstrual leave supports the age-old myth that women are weakened and incapacitated by their menstrual cycles. While some women do experience debilitating pain or severe depression, many women have no side effects at all. Or can easily manage with pain medication. 

Most companies are mandated by law to let employees earn sick leave for hours worked. This sick leave can be used in a variety of ways. For dental and medical wellness appointments. To care for sick dependents. For actual personal illness and injury. If a woman finds that her period pain is too bad, she always has the option of calling in sick and getting paid for it. No need to add extra menstrual leave. In addition most companies also have personal time they give which is leave that can be used for any reason. 

What I think should be considered is efforts to make menstrual products accessible and affordable. Women spend thousands of dollars in their lifetime on menstrual products - the actual pad/tampon/cup. The detergents/dry cleaning of soiled clothes and even complete loss of clothes due to staining. The expense of painkillers and antidepressants ranging from over the counter to prescription. I think some menstrual health products should be available through insurance companies on a need basis. Govt should subsidize clinics that give free menstrual health products to rural and low-income women. 

That all being said if a private company chooses to give menstrual leave. That is their prerogative. Just how some companies are more generous with maternity leave and give more than mandated by law. 
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Twisterfry

Omg she is so stupid. Why can't she understand that feminism is not about forcing your stupid opinions on other people? It's about having a choice; women should have a choice as to whether they want to stay at home or go to work when they are having period cramps. Because everyone's body is different; the pain is different and the way the body reacts to medication is different. She and her stupid husband suck. 

Voila! Best line.  Women should be given a CHOICE . some can got to school, college or work during periods . Many cannot even get up from bed.  I've been to school trips on my 3rd and walked a lot.  I could do it then. But I almost collapsed on the bed when I got home . Just because you can work that time doesn't guarantee it for the rest of the week. Sometimes you feel fine but if you don't take rest you may collapse later. 

So don't try to show someone you're strong,  rather be a little soft on yourself because,  just. 
MeowMori thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I think menstrual leave should be compulsory for all women. 
I have messed up my English boards due to pains during periods. 
Also,  Twinkle.Khanna is such a big c**t 
I know she has reached her menopause but humse kya dushmani. 
She's not a feminist 
She's a men apologist posing as a feminist. 
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Having suffered through the period pain myself and missing opportunity due to the leave (yes, even if the leave is for only 2 days) I can vouch that women don't make excuse for it.

The pain used to be so much that it was difficult to even stand or sit. And taking a pain killer was the only option, though a highly unhealthy one.

But I would also like to share this tip with women here who still suffer from it. Regular exercise and proper eating plan helps reduce the pain and at least make it bearable that one doesn't need to take pain killer. I also got this new tip, that eating 4-5 soaked raisins first thing in the morning (15-20 mins within waking up) also reduces the pain n other menstrual related issues, this i am still in my testing phase. But exercises like leg raises have helped me immensely.
anu023 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I am a woman. I was anemic a huge portion of my teenage years and suffered immensely painful and lengthy periods. I've always been inconvenienced by heavy flow and massive cramps on my second and third days. I am a working woman and do not have the luxury to sit at home like celebrities. 

That being said, I do not think menstrual leave is necessary. Twinkle is absolutely right. 

Menstrual leave supports the age-old myth that women are weakened and incapacitated by their menstrual cycles. While some women do experience debilitating pain or severe depression, many women have no side effects at all. Or can easily manage with pain medication. 

Most companies are mandated by law to let employees earn sick leave for hours worked. This sick leave can be used in a variety of ways. For dental and medical wellness appointments. To care for sick dependents. For actual personal illness and injury. If a woman finds that her period pain is too bad, she always has the option of calling in sick and getting paid for it. No need to add extra menstrual leave. In addition most companies also have personal time they give which is leave that can be used for any reason. 

What I think should be considered is efforts to make menstrual products accessible and affordable. Women spend thousands of dollars in their lifetime on menstrual products - the actual pad/tampon/cup. The detergents/dry cleaning of soiled clothes and even complete loss of clothes due to staining. The expense of painkillers and antidepressants ranging from over the counter to prescription. I think some menstrual health products should be available through insurance companies on a need basis. Govt should subsidize clinics that give free menstrual health products to rural and low-income women. 

That all being said if a private company chooses to give menstrual leave. That is their prerogative. Just how some companies are more generous with maternity leave and give more than mandated by law. 

it's not a myth. Most teenagers are physically and emotionally weak at around menstruation . Blame faulty eating habits and lack of exercise . Having said that if leave is optional that shouldn't be a problem. Many women with endometriosis experience severe pain and other issues a leave would help such women
anu023 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

Having suffered through the period pain myself and missing opportunity due to the leave (yes, even if the leave is for only 2 days) I can vouch that women don't make excuse for it.

The pain used to be so much that it was difficult to even stand or sit. And taking a pain killer was the only option, though a highly unhealthy one.

But I would also like to share this tip with women here who still suffer from it. Regular exercise and proper eating plan helps reduce the pain and at least make it bearable that one doesn't need to take pain killer. I also got this new tip, that eating 4-5 soaked raisins first thing in the morning (15-20 mins within waking up) also reduces the pain n other menstrual related issues, this i am still in my testing phase. But exercises like leg raises have helped me immensely.

eating fibre rich food ,infact raisins too helps. Drinking more water or fluids few days before bleeding starts helps too. Been doing that for 3years now.