Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anu023 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Cookies..

If someone's pain is intolerable to the point where they cannot work, they need medical attention or medication. Taking days off from work does not solve the problem if it will occur every month. Again, it's not an illness. It's not a flu or cold that you can cure by staying home.I'm surprised that as a medical professional, you would say that because we actually suggest women to eat well , exercise and remain active during their periods. It helps with the flow and fatigue you feel during that time. We even suggest that to pregnant women. 

u are crazy. There are some women who without.any other cause that can be responsible for the menstrual.pain interfering with.their work wanting to.take rest. It is.absolutely.ok if a woman wants to rest . 
Why are u so.stubborn??? We suggest.them to.eat well.exercise and also.take rest.
If a woman wants to take rest  that doesn't.mean  she perceives herself as the weaker sex. 

I am done with.this topic. U.people are.as inhuman as twinkle is
Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: anu023

u are crazy. There are some women who without.any other cause that can be responsible for the menstrual.pain interfering with.their work wanting to.take rest. It is.absolutely.ok if a woman wants to rest . 

Why are u so.stubborn??? We suggest.them to.eat well.exercise and also.take rest.
If a woman wants to take rest  that doesn't.mean  she perceives herself as the weaker sex. 

I am done with.this topic. U.people are.as inhuman as twinkle is

Okay ðŸ˜† Personal remarks are not necessary

You are going a little out of line about being the "weaker sex" and "less motherly". Where have I suggested or even made such comments?! And I am not Twinkles fan. Never liked her.

And NO. Never have I EVER seen a women being suggested complete rest during their period UNLESS they face other  extreme issues during that time of the month. IT IS NOT AN ILLNESS.

Please read my posts carefully. Nowhere have I degraded or demeaned women. I live in Canada. It's very economically developed here. Our labor laws are quite generous. We have free healthcare and social support for people who are under poverty line. Yet, in such a developed country, menstrual leave is not a thing because it is not an illness or disability where you can't function or deal with it. 

And yeah, this is not about privilege or a high-class thing. In a world where people with extreme disabilities or underage children are working to make a living, menstrual pain is the least of anyone's concern. 
So, Feminists want Equal Pay. But want more leaves that too for Periods? As it is, they leave early from office than the guys using some excuse. They need to make up their minds. 

And to the women who are supporting Menstrual Leave, pls start from your Homes. Give 5 days rest to your Kaamwali Bai and then Preach. 
Edited by CrystalFatima - 6 years ago
_Arunima_ thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I live in a city where you have to travel for atleast 2 hours in crowded bus or train in order to work. Boarding and alighting a train or bus in peak hours is a different war altogether. Most of the times you don't even get to sit and have to stand throughout the journey in the hot, cramped compartment. Then there's lack of public toilet with proper sanitation for women. I have seen my colleagues throbbing in pain, not being able to sit still on their chair due to heavy flow, not able to concentrate on their work. Many times they feel nauseous, some even faint. They can't afford to take a leave coz their pay would be docked. I have heard women getting infections due to lack of disposable facilities in offices.  This is the life of middle and lower-middle class women in my city. I mostly have hassle free periods but I do empathize with women having difficult period. Unless the situation and infrastructure improves, there's no harm in giving voluntary leave for atleast a day or allowing work from home facility to these women. 

You should read this piece where the writer puts a really good argument.
http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2017/07/14/i-live-with-debilitating-menstrual-pain-but-still-find-the-firs_a_23029353/
tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It's not illness doesn't mean body doesn't need rest. The first two days the body definitely goes through pain and needs rest. It's quite normal to go through pain. Then due to this there are mood swings. 
These actresses whenever they open their mouth they sound foolish. 

Edited by tanvismile - 6 years ago
greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh, Twinkle. Shut up! I don't exactly think menstrual leaves should be a new thing from a company, but they should grant it when a woman calls in if her pain is too tolerable. Unfortunately, I have had to work and go to school while having horrible cramps. It's not easy for everyone to just be able to take off. But I also feel guilty to take a leave (even one job punished me for taking a few days off). But I guess being on a ton of pain killers is what I have to deal with just to get me through.
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
The woman needs to shut the f**k up.Like,she tries to sound intelligent but sounds dumb as af.Good that you maids and butlers with unlimited luxury to pampering but we all do not have access to that luxury like u.

And ,all woman period is not the same .I am anemic and I lose so much blood,it's scary.It makes me so weak to the point at times ,I can barely do anything .the woman needs to stfu.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: anu023

in india , in 9 out.of 10 cases anemia and menstruation are interlinked. We did a study on it which is why i stated it in the first place. Adolescents have a higher requirement of dietary iron and when they don't really eat properly (junk food in upper class and no.money to buy food in Lower class) they obviously suffer a lot after every menstrual cycle. U will never understand since you have decided to believe in women aren't weak during menstruation. 

An average woman experience a lot of stress and weakness during menstruation. Not every woman is as strong as u. The r3ason more iron is required in menstruating girls is girls is to compensate the losses. Now don't tell me with menstrual blood iron isn't.lost. 
Remember, blood is nothing without hemoglobin and hemoglobin has iron.in.it. 
I am.done explaining things to u. U can take your rant elsewhere.

Please cite the study. 

Also do you propose blood donation leave?

Avg loss of blood during period is 80 ml over 3-5 days. Avg loss of blood during donation is 475 ml in one shot. 

Menstruation causes stress and weakness, but not always debilitating as other conditions human live and work with. Why should period leave be separate from sick leave or short-term leave? What makes period leave more necessary than say rheumatoid arthritis or chronic depression?
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
What's the difference between sick leave and menstrual leave ?
kvgmatri thumbnail
So all those supporting menstrual leave are already letting your maids take off for it every month?
Now I also have painful periods. Would love to take rest at home then. Luckily I can work from home and that helps.
But think from the perspective of the employer. Would they really want to hire a woman then?
Are feminists causing more harm to women asking for such things