Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GrrrrG thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Wherev is sick cert .? Sorry cant go clinic, to painful , just want some rest . What! You are fired . ðŸ˜¡  show pad with blood on it . Now you believe me ? ðŸ˜³

anu023 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

As a doctor wouldn't you say anemia and menstruation are two separate issues that should not be conflated?

Isn't the iron deficiency in India due to iron deficient diets and not menstruation related?

Isn't it true that menstruation is different for all women? Some women suffer extreme pain and complications. Others none?

So isn't it dangerous to have homogenous assumptions about periods?

I guess you skipped my first post in the thread where I talk about my menstrual issues. Periods have always been painful for me. But I also know it is a spectrum of effects with the women I know. 

Anyone who say periods are easy or periods are suffering are spreading myths. 

in india , in 9 out.of 10 cases anemia and menstruation are interlinked. We did a study on it which is why i stated it in the first place. Adolescents have a higher requirement of dietary iron and when they don't really eat properly (junk food in upper class and no.money to buy food in Lower class) they obviously suffer a lot after every menstrual cycle. U will never understand since you have decided to believe in women aren't weak during menstruation. 
An average woman experience a lot of stress and weakness during menstruation. Not every woman is as strong as u. The r3ason more iron is required in menstruating girls is girls is to compensate the losses. Now don't tell me with menstrual blood iron isn't.lost. 
Remember, blood is nothing without hemoglobin and hemoglobin has iron.in.it. 
I am.done explaining things to u. U can take your rant elsewhere.
Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
As a women, the menstrual period is quite an uncomfortable time of the month but I think women are still fighting for other rights such as equal pay & position which are far more serious.Being anemic, my iron counts are at an all time low during my period but I have to take iron tablets to balance that.But as a women, I think our body has a higher endurance in comparison to men. So even though that time of the month is tough, I don't think it's unbearable to a point where I can't carry out working or studying unless you are doing excruciating labor work where you need a lot of physical strength. But again, all women are different. Some can take it and some can't. Just like a pregnancy. Some are able to give normal birth where others need a C-section. You cant really compare one to another. But in general, it's an uncomfortable time. I don't think any women is happy when they are on their period. It's just not a good feeling.  Edited by Cookies.. - 6 years ago
Deviant_Pixel thumbnail
Truly confused how people think she's funny or a feminist. Sitting in the lap of luxury and lecturing others on what they should or shouldn't do! These people have guys holding their umbrellas and tell us not to make excuses smh.

I wonder don't they have PR to advise them to stfu when such questions are asked?!
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: fivestars

Comeon ,not everyone are as fortunate as twinkle ,who might feel normal those days...and i dont think she is talking abt who feels normal on those days either...some of the women feel sick with cramps and vomiting sensations...and how can she talk on their behalf and trash it as an excuse ? The individual person knows the pain she goes thru not twinkle who pass the judgement 

Preep ji...forget Twinkle ...she is a douchebag...I don't like her at all...but menstrual leave...really?? Do we you think that we have infinite amount of resources that every working woman can be allowed 3-4 days of leave every month?? We don't have that kind of luxury or resources...can anyone estimate how many work hours will be lost every year...other than some special cases where the women get extremely sick during periods...most of healthy women are strong enough to bear the pain or whatever the side effects of periods are...our bodies are built that way...and also girls get the periods sometimes as early as 11 these days...do you recommend that they miss their school on period day...come on it is not practical and it is not required...if working women feel very sick they can always take a day off from their sick leave...there is nothing wrong or cruel about suggesting that women shouldn't be given special leaves just for periods...

For pregnancy there are laws and leaves in place and it is absolutely necessary...but even a healthy women during pregnancy can work full time till the last day...I have done that..many others have done that...and of course if the doctors suggest rest ..then there should be no debate about it.
anu023 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cookies..

As a women, the menstrual period is quite an uncomfortable time of the month but I think women are still fighting for other rights such as equal pay & position which are far more serious.Being anemic, my iron counts are at an all time low during my period but I have to take iron tablets to balance that.But as a women, I think our body has a higher endurance in comparison to men. So even though that time of the month is tough, I don't think it's unbearable to a point where I can't carry out working or studying unless you are doing excruciating labor work where you need a lot of physical strength. But again, all women are different. Some can take it and some can't. Just like a pregnancy. Some are able to give normal birth where others need a C-section. You cant really compare one to another. But in general, it's an uncomfortable time. I don't think any women is happy when they are on their period. It's just not a good feeling. 

i had to forego an exam due to dysmenorrhoea. I remember seeing a patient who otherwise had no health issues came in severe dysmenorrhoea. Apart from pain few girls have diarrhoea too and i have seen girls come to opd with severe pain and dehydration due to diarrhoea. Imagine bleeding , pain and some other issue like a migraine or diarrhoea (for.some migraine/seizures do get aggravated whenthey have their menses) all at the same time. 
There should definitely be an optional leave for such women. I think those in need will avail and others wouldn't.
Cookies.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: anu023

i had to forego an exam due to dysmenorrhoea. I remember seeing a patient who otherwise had no health issues came in severe dysmenorrhoea. Apart from pain few girls have diarrhoea too and i have seen girls come to opd with severe pain and dehydration due to diarrhoea. Imagine bleeding , pain and some other issue like a migraine or diarrhoea (for.some migraine/seizures do get aggravated whenthey have their menses) all at the same time. 

There should definitely be an optional leave for such women. I think those in need will avail and others wouldn't.

Those are special cases. Menstrual pain is natural. It is not something out of the norm or a sickness. It's something almost all women go through. But our body is built for that. It hurts but it's tolerable. Menstrual leave is not necessary. If you can't tolerate the pain or have some other issues along with your menstrual period, then there is treatment for it. Again, you are mentioning extreme cases. But a healthy women shouldn't face anything so extreme that they need a menstrual leave on a monthly basis. As blue-ice mentioned, we don't have the resources for that. Also, if your health is so sensitive and you face such extreme issues during your period, take care of your health first and get treatment for it. I'm from the healthcare profession too but the cases you are mentioning are not something a normal healthy women would face on a monthly basis. If someone regularly feels like that during their period, they require medical help. Something is not right. Again, your menstrual period is definitively a painful and uncomfortable few days but its not to the extreme of taking monthly leaves for it. A women's body is designed to give birth which is one of the most physically painful experiences anyone can ever tolerate. So a normal menstrual cycle shouldn't be intolerable.  
Edited by Cookies.. - 6 years ago
anu023 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cookies..

Those are special cases. Menstrual pain is natural. It is not something out of the norm or a sickness. It's something almost all women go through. But our body is built for that. It hurts but it's tolerable. Menstrual leave is not necessary. If you can't tolerate the pain or have some other issues along with your menstrual period, then there is treatment for it. Again, you are mentioning extreme cases. But a healthy women shouldn't face anything so extreme that they need a menstrual leave on a monthly basis. As blue-ice mentioned, we don't have the resources for that. Also, if your health is so sensitive and you face such extreme issues during your period, take care of your health first and get treatment for it. I'm from the healthcare profession too but the cases you are mentioning are not something a normal healthy women would face on a monthly basis. If someone regularly feels like that during their period, they require medical help. Something is not right. Again, your menstrual period is dedinitely a painful and uncomfortable few days but its not to the extreme of taking monthly leaves for it. A women's body is designed to give birth which is one of the most physically painful experiences anyone can ever tolerate. So a normal menstrual cycle shouldn't be intolerable.  

i Dont think its wrong if someone wants to avail a special leave on those days. U mean women in pain should suffer and continue to work? Who are u to decide what should be tolerable and what shouldn't be? No logic whatsoever . Some women have a good pain threshold some don't. Some women are too sensitive to.pain and mostly opt for a caesarean  instead of a normal labour. That doesn't make them less motherly.Edited by anu023 - 6 years ago
Cookies.. thumbnail

i Dont think its wrong if someone wants to avail a special leave on those days. U mean women in pain should suffer and continue to work? No logic whatsoever 

If someone's pain is intolerable to the point where they cannot work, they need medical attention or medication. Taking days off from work does not solve the problem if it will occur every month. Again, it's not an illness. It's not a flu or cold that you can cure by staying home.I'm surprised that as a medical professional, you would say that because we actually suggest women to eat well , exercise and remain active during their periods. It helps with the flow and fatigue you feel during that time. We even suggest that to pregnant women. 
Cookies.. thumbnail

i Dont think its wrong if someone wants to avail a special leave on those days. U mean women in pain should suffer and continue to work? Who are u to decide what should be tolerable and what shouldn't be? No logic whatsoever . Some women have a good pain threshold some don't. Some women are too sensitive to.pain and mostly opt for a caesarean  instead of a normal labour. That doesn't make them less motherly.

I said absolutely NOTHING about being motherly or not. LOL. I'm a women myself. Again, unless you have other issues, your menstrual pain shouldn't be so intolerable that your body cannot handle it. It's not about pain treshold. Your body is only cleansing the blood and doing it's job. If you're a healthy women, it might be painful but not intolerable. Girls get their periods as young as 10-11 years old. So it's painful but tolerable.