Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justwatching thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Pakistanis wont like it if you tell them they came from India...They call it the British India! At least that's what I was told...

Of course there was no Pakistan before 1947
What's NOT to like in this fact?

Kuch bhi
There are two main population of immigrants in Pakistan (from India)

Punjabi from areas in Indian Punjab

Non-Punjabis from UP, Bihar, South India etc

The former speak Punjabi

The later speak Urdu even though some are from regions like gujrat, south india and have some sort of other language. though its non existent as almost everyone from non punjab is considered urdu speaker

Now Punjab is 55% and many Punjabis live in other provinces. So idea that Punjabi is disrespected is foolish and rubbish. If anyone is doing it then maybe its themselves. kindda like blacks joking about N word. We should not mind that. Its not coming from non punjabis

Even Punjabis will admit that Urdu is more refined language and unlike punjabi it can be written. In fact Urdu in Pakistan is most important because Punjabis themselves have promoted it and adopted it as their own. Many known poets, writers are from Punjab. 

There are lots of issues in Pakistan but I dont think Punjabi vs Urdu language is an issue...

Everyone has adopted Urdu as their own and then they speak their own languages in their homes regions..

Looks like Fawad Khan is Punjabi origin migrant family..there are many like that. I think Nawaz Sharif is the same. I am not sure though

Many Punjabis from Karachi (city of Urdu speakers) speak Urdu so well that you wont be able to see any accent when they speak Urdu.

I hope this khulasa was helpful.
Edited by hippopotamus - 6 years ago
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
We are closing this thread as it is unrelated to BW and involves discussion of india-pakistan which may lead to instigating comments and fights on the forum.

BWF DT