Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IPSO_FACTO thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Zeal17

if citizenship was determined by what our parents and grandparents were... thn we all are africans🤓

Actually citizenship is determined by parents and grandparents birth place in India.
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: Angry_Birdie

Actually citizenship is determined by parents and grandparents birth place in India.

not by place of birth?
IPSO_FACTO thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeDhakkanHu

That's normal though. People moving to pak or coming to India after partition

But

Cezanne Khan's (Anurag of kasauti) parents are Pakistani and he is Indian 😕

A person can get Indian citizenship if either or both of his parents were born in india or if he is birn in the territory of india.
IPSO_FACTO thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

not by place of birth?

In india when you want to accquire Citizenship, you need to show that eitger or both of your parents were born india or either or both of his garnd parents were born in India as ler the Government of India Act of 1935.
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TheRager

His family on both sides are from India. His father was born in Patiala but not sure of his mother.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Fawad-Khan-I-cannot-imagine-my-life-without-my-wife/articleshow/39422948.cms

I remember him saying that his mothers side is from Lucknow
VJ_Salgaonkar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angry_Birdie

Mostly khatris in India have there parents/grandparents from Pak (lahore).

Not just Lahore region only though (if that is what is meant) , plenty of them migrated from Northern Punjab/Potohar region (Rawalpindi , Jhelum etc. ) like Balraj Sahni as well as from South Punjab (Multan , Bahawalpur etc ) . Some of them came from KPK as well as fewer from Balochistan also like Suresh Oberoi(Legendary Rajkumar,a Kashmiri Pandit,also came from Balochistan)

OT - He has some Pashtoon heritage as well iirc (not fully sure though)
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Even my Grandparents were from india but during Partition they shifted to Pakistan.
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Aise toh bahot log hain... Musharraf was born in delhi... Raj kapoor was born in pakistan...
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Atomicbomb

I witnessed an argument recently. A person was complaining about why Sikhs always hijack the term 'Punjabi' when they only make up 15% of punjabi. Most Punjabi are not Sikh.
The response was that most Punjabi are not sikh but the ones in Pakistan are encouraged to not even speak Punjabi but adopt Urdu. They are ashamed of being Punjabi.

When I stated this Fact few months back , Pakistanis in this forum got offended ðŸ˜‰ ... sometimes it's hard to accept the truth 

Urdu is forced on Paki Punjabis  ...they claim it's respectful to speak Urdu and disrespectful to speak punjabi ...they insult one language to prove how great Urdu is ðŸ¤ª
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

When I stated this Fact few months back , Pakistanis in this forum got offended😉... sometimes it's hard to accept the truth

Urdu is forced on Paki Punjabis ...they claim it's respectful to speak Urdu and disrespectful to speak punjabi ...they insult one language to prove how great Urdu is🤪

Not true. Majority of Pakistanis speaks Punjabi.