Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Vani

U have to understand if she is suspicious, logical, practical reasonable and sane then the wedding will NOT happen

Sensible people dont do foolish things
Only emotional people are blinded enough not to see  foul play.

There is no story left if she becomes a sleuth
She has to be swept in the tide of concern for her Dad.

I gather that Nisha...but sadly the motherly instinct to cluck cluck over 'even virtual' characters  takes over many a time. 
Ashattu ponnu...edavadu prachnayla mattindu muzhippal nuu bhayam ( foolish girl will get herself into trouble )
And I would love to lay the blame at your door as your characters are so vivid and real that Suvi and Trisha have been officially taken over under my wing ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜³
Neha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
As I said earlier a layer of Ashwin has been peeled off in this update giving us a hint about why he is marrying Trisha - to take revenge from Mr. Shanbagh. Well till yesterday I was of the opinion that he would not torture Trisha post marriage as a means of taking revenge from Mr. Shanbagh. I still believe that he would not hurt her physically but emotionally she would be hurt if not directly by then certainly by his family. The pot has been boiling for too long now Nisha...my patience is wearing off an d I know u would not reveal Mr. Shanbhags evil deed till the marriage happens. As much as I love u for the awesome writing and story I am left high and dry with your cliff hangers and such waits 😉

Aage batao kya hua Nisha dear.
Errantnomad thumbnail
"Instead of giving the money can I just get a confirmation for Ready Noodle franchise?" she asked logically
He looked a bit startled..."

This is the second time already in her very brief interaction she has managed to find him lost for words. First time by asking him , if he will let her go when she pays him bk and now by asking him if this can actually be done without the actual physical transfer of money as in cashless treatment to the ailment plaguing her family situation.

Ashvin's Journey has been probably one that's been spent long in the dark coz of a few hrs on a fateful night when Mr. Prakash's shanbagh did not show mercy may be .When it comes to risks, there are always the calculated risks and keys to unlocking the gratification that comes with the drum roll but there can be no bigger risk than the one we take with our hearts while entering matrimony. His is already doing lub dub seeing her bigger burns in her hands.

Rest assured Mr.Narang, when your heart starts to beat with the wall layers getting ever so slowly chiseled away, you will find yourself marching to the beat of your own drumroll.

Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
Jade0001 thumbnail
Amazing Part 

Loved every bit of this chapter the thrill the hidden risks
and most of all I loved how her persona and attitude is portrayed 
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yes Neha
It is going to be heart breaking for her.
She is not hoping for a romantic marriage.
She thinks she is being chosen for a dry sensible purpose of pleasing some wealthy relative or avoiding an arranged marriage on the home front.

But she has no idea why SHE is being chosen.
Only he knows that.
Errantnomad thumbnail
I'm very much concerned about Mandira Narang's disappointment than sharanbir's. Mrs. Narang has been
Building castles in the air as regards hers and her sons future for some time. Atleast Asvin has something to look fwd to gain in terms of a revenge but she has nothing to gain out of this and all to loose monetarily. She's clearly looking to move on with wanting her son to move on saying ' they are broke now'. She's a lot more cynical now in her approach than she used to be in her younger days looks like from what her Fil's grouse is with her.

I also think that none of the family members either side can be in the loop on this for their marriage might not be such a simple thing to happen if they sniff anything abt it. I am not worried so much about Sharan's interference or detached involvement as much as Mandira's is. Hers could be a daily tashan. Should she decide to grind her axe with Trisha, the bglr housing arrangement could get even more complicated for Trisha than what she thinks would be.

Errantnomad thumbnail
Learn to wade and swim first and then get into deep waters or get thrown in to the deep waters first and then learn to wade the tide???? Questions , questions and questions for Trisha both in the course of the business deal and in the course of human relationships for Trisha shanbag . Hers is getting thrown in to the waters first and then being forced to learn to stay afloat . Sigh...

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

He wanted to say "Absolutely not. I dont want that man anywhere near me. I want him to stew in agony"

compassion was clashing with cruelty... he couldnt afford that.

Omg ... darker side of our hero 😭
Innocent Trisha walking into all this that will hurt her and her papa without a clue

Nisha / pleez unwrap the suspense for usEdited by jaschick - 6 years ago
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Nisha - on rereading SoSy, I saw your reference to "Zindagi Gulzaar Hai".
Thank u !!!

Omg - such a nice drama compared to all the junk in Vijay and Sun TV. Binge watched this week. My love for Fawad only increased multifold 😳
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
A crazy Chemist

"What have you done?" Mr Shanbag trembled when he saw his daughter standing in front of him wearing a red and gold tussar silk saree that had become slightly crushed during the plane ride.
This was her only visit after July 12th. She had arrived at Bangalore last night for the August 10th marriage.

She had stayed at the same motel. The motel owner/Uncle hadnt suspected anything when she wore the beautiful tussar silk 
saree gifted by Rao Anna's wife for her 28th birthday which was also Rao Anna's 65th.

She had bought a konkani mangalsootra with the coral pearls and the black beads from a jeweler near Kempe Gowda/Majestic Bus Depot after getting off the bus on August 9th
Her hands shook as she paid for the slim necklace almost wiping out what she had in her account.

The girl wrapped it in a dark pink gauzy paper and stuffed it inside a shimmering gold tacky jeweler's box

She had asked him the one time she had spoken On July 20th if she should buy one

"I dont care you can wear one if you want to" he had said

She had spent a lot of time on July 14th Friday, lunch appointment at his house, making sure
her papers were all in order she had given him the 8 passport pictures and filled out forms with address proof etc.
She had given the address of her department at mangalore University and not the home in Ullal.
Everything in Ullal was in Mr Shanbagh's name.

The 27 or so days after meeting was sheer agony for her
Many times almost getting to the verge of telling him she was going to be helping him out soon

But checking herself in case something went wrong.

He did not call or text her in that period except for the call of July 20th when he wanted to know if she was OK with August 10th.

It wasnt a choice really. 
She had never really paid attention to how the place functioned or who cooked or who cleaned. She was too tired after 
looking through the microscope or trying to draw up covalent and hexa valent bonds to think too much
She was acutely aware of what her father was doing daily now. She had known it for 28 years but the last couple months it had begun grating.
The deep deep love he felt for that run down place the way he took on every menial task, 
they way he counted the collections each night, flicking every Rs.100 and Rs.500 rupee bills wishing there were two stuck together.

The impasse with Jayadev had continued until a week after her return, until July 20th.

He had gone home to see his parents

When he returned he was needy and hungering for her
She struggled to push him away extremely guilty at what she was doing.

Ashvin didnt expect anything from her but she was dying a slow death knowing she was cheating on the one man that knew her the most and loved her to bits

She had broken down and cried walking the beach on July 21st

The frothy green sea weedy foam splashing all over their feet

"There is no reason to cry" "You know me well. I am very possessive of you" he said sheepishly

She was sobbing...

"Is your father sick?" he demanded

She shook her head

"You think I am capable of doing something foolish?" she blurted bawling

"You love me, so yes I DO" he laughed hugging her as she stiffened

"Do you remember my mother would say I am capable of doing crazy things?" she asked

He looked at her and grinned

"Accountants cannot be crazy chemists can" he nodded approvingly

She giggled...

"You are a good man" she choked up again

"Say that with a gift. Or with a kiss" he said

Tourists kissed and fondled each other liberally

"We shouldnt" she muttered as he kissed her anyway

It was long, and demanding and intimate

She was afraid her father was going to spot them even though it was night now

"Lets get married soon" he said gruffly

She didnt nod
For the first time...

Mr Shanbag looked at Ashvin curiously

He asked his daughter who the man was

"the man I married" she gasped

They were thankfully at home

Mr Shanbag was catching some zzzs in his easy chair when his goddess like daughter opened the creaky yellow gate and let herself in.

Ashvin wore jeans and a white shirt.

"what is going on?" Mr Shanbag asked confused.
Scrambling to a standing position quickly adjusting his dhoti

He held the red pillar for balance

"Aanu I married this man" she said

Ashvin looked unfazed

"HIM?" he asked baffled

Trisha nodded reluctantly

"Why did you do it?" he asked collapsing back in the chair, beginning to sob

She held back her tears

The Thursday street market was getting ready to set up shop
Vendors knew her father plainly because he handed them leftover food at night generously

"Aanu" she whispered

"You must go inside" he mumbled wiping tears in a dignified way, shooing her away from the verandah

A quiet respectable aging man was completely shattered today
His only daughter, his only agreeable child, his only family member in town stood like a married woman in front of his eyes

She went on her knees and clutched the flat wooden arm rest too afraid to touch him

He withdrew completely from the arm rest cringing...

Her father wobbled up gently and yanked the cord on the chic sliding it down before sitting down

Ashvin stood speechless...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coming up... the wedding earlier that morning in Bangalore and Ashvin's reaction