LM1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
                        SATRANGI INDRADANUSH
               (SEVEN COLOURS OF RAINBOW)

My Dear friends,
Hi!
I will be starting a this story, 
SATRANGI INDRADANUSH (SEVEN COLOURS OF  RAINBOW) after I complete Priyasi and Madurvaani. On the request of nakh5683, I'm trying to make it a light hearted story. I don't know if I'll be able to do the genre justice, but I'll try! Rather than start with a totally new concept on this genre, I'm using inspiration from my favourite an old Hindi classic movie,"Ek Phool Chaar Kaante". The basic storyline will be the same but with few tweeks and twists in my style. Please read the prologue and tell me if you do find it interesting or not? If you all find it at any stage dragging or boring, please let me know! Please read it and give me your feedback positive or negative when I start this story, but please don't bash me! 
Thank you,
LM

Edited by LM1991 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Congrats on the new story! Will b waiting! lovely concept! do nt 4get abt Mrignayani. thanks

LM1991 thumbnail
                                       [THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY POST]
          The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

ALL THE NAMES & PLACES ARE FICTITIOUS (if any resemblance to persons & places is purely coincidental). Any royal titles, MEDICAL PROCEDURES, MEDICAL TERMS, MILITARY PROCEDURES, MILITARY TERMS, Punjabi terms, architectural terms, IT terms & programs, office hierachy, wedding rituals, etc. are from my imagination hence THEY ARE NOT TRUE. PLEASE DON'T BASH ME !!!!!

ALL THE PHOTOGRAPHS DOWNLOADED DO NOT BELONG TO ME BUT BELONG TO THE ORIGINAL UPLOADER. I HAVE JUST USED THEM AS THEY GO WITH MY STORY! 
PLEASE DON'T BASH ME !!!!!

CHARACTER SKETCH

SAVITRI DEVI KHURANA
75 yr. Old. Chairperson of Khurana Group of Industries i.e. Khurana Constructions, Khurana Hospitals, Khurana Furnishings and Fashions. etc. Savitri Devi is a firm believer of pursuing one's hobby along with one's profession. She herself is a trained classical singer but was unable to pursue it after her marriage due to her husband's narrow mindedness. But she encouraged her son to develop his hobby. Hence, she encouraged her son to open Khurana Institute of Performing Arts. (KIPA) She has great sense of humour which she feels her son and grandson Maan are lacking! She often teases them and cracks jokes with Vicky to enliven their home environment.

RANJIT SINGH KHURANA                          
58yr old  CEO of Khurana Industries. Academically he is an Engineer. He is loves playing "mridangam" (percussion instrument). He is a true artist. He believes that a man without knowledge of any art forms is like "an animal without a tail". He is very disappointed that he was unable to train his sons i.e. Maan and Vicky in any art form. He believes in talking less and performing more. He is a man of strong principles. He had always wanted a daughter but as his wife died young, hence his wish for a daughter was unfulfilled. He was interested in business but after his wife's death he lost all interest in business as well. So now he trains young boys and girls in playing mridangam and managing of Khurana Institute of Performing Arts.(KIPA)

MAAN SINGH KHURANA(MSK)
33yr. old. Future heir of Khuranas Industries. He has done Bachelors degree in Architecture as well as MBA degree. He is now MD of Khurana Constructions and CEO of Khurana Industries world wide.  Maan is a very reserved, quite and a man of few words. But he has a terrifying temper which is always ready to erupt. His brother Vicky refers to Maan as a "simmering volcano". He has got Khurana Construction to the place where it is today. Khurana Constructions was started by Maan's grandfather, Mr. Virendra Singh Khurana.  Maan is tall, handsome youngman with chiselled jaw line having sexy stubble & well toned body with 8pack abs. He is very idealistic in work and in life giving little to no importance to emotions. For Maan there is only black & white (good & bad) but no shades of grey! For him his family comes first. Young girls, women and even middle aged ladies drool over him but he ignores their attention and believes in staying away from the opposite sex. He has a secret hidden life which no ones know about, even his own family and hence once in every three months he is away from his home and office and living in this secret hidden life. 

VIKRANT SINGH KHURANA (Vicky)
29yr.old. He is MD of Khurana Furnishings and Fashions. He is happy go lucky fellow, opposite of Maan. He is a big flirt and loves to party, hence is always surrounded by models, film actresses and high profile women. He is neither interested in business nor performing arts. His grandmother and father had put their foot down, that if he wants money for spending on his frivilous activities he has to earn it. Therefore he is now forcibly working as MD of Khurana Furnishings and Fashions. 

KRISHAN KANTH RAJSINGHANIA   
56yr. Old Engineer. He is Chairman of Rajsinghania Industries in Mumbai. He is a head of a big joint family i.e. 9 members if no relative comes visting! His elder two brothers passed away before he was even married leaving his toddlers behind. He is very orthodox, traditional and conservative in his thinking but he is not superstitious and rigid. He was highly disappointed with his own son's choice of profession and has has boycotted him. Krishankant is closest to Rishi and has already appointed him as his successor.

RADHARANI RAJSINGHANIA (Radhaji)  
50yr. Old wife of Krishankant. She fell in love with Krishankantji when she met him for the first time. It was love at first sight for her but both Krishankant and Radha's parents were against this match as Krishankant was already a father of five boys. But she fought with Krishankant and her parents and got married to Krishankant 30 yrs. back. Since then she is very happy with her family. Her five nephews call her "Choti Maa" or Maa, and she loves them like her own son Siddharth and daughter Geet. Not that there is ever disagreement between the seven children but even if there is she always sides with her nephews. Rishi and Neel are her favourite.

RISHABH  RAJSINGHANIA (Rishi)
35yr. Old. He is Krishankant's eldest brother's eldest son. He is CEO of Rajsinghania Industries and MD of Rajsinghania Construction (RSC). He doesn't believe in institution of marriage due to a bitter romantic experience in his past. He is a workaholic and an extremely reserved person. He is  training Geet in Construction business as she is graduate in Architecture. He has also made Geet his PA cum secretary for past 3months so that he can personally train as well as she can remain in Rishi's close proximity and Rishi can keep an eye on her for her safety in office.

NEELKANTH  RAJSINGHANIA (Neel)   
33yrs. Old. He is Krishankant's second brother's eldest son. He is extremely Religious in temperament. He even refuses to have onions, garlic and tomatoes in his food. He is a "true bhramchaari" (Confirmed bachelor!). According to him "Stree narak kaa dwaar hai!" (Woman is door to hell!) but this doesn't apply to his Choti Maa aur his Gudiya! He also encourages Rishi's hatred for women. He is an Chartered Accountant and works in Singhania Construction under Rishi as General Manager (GM) Finance, heading  Finance Department.

YASH RAJSINGHANIA 
32yrs. Old. He is Krishankant's second brother's second son. He is Automobile Engineer by profession. He loves tankering with any kind of automotives i.e. Car, SUVs, MPVs, bus, truck etc. Krishankant was very upset with Yash's choice of profession as he felt he has become a "mechanic" and along with it he had special interest in cooking which Krishankantji considers to be a woman's domain. But when rest of the family coaxed him and told him how much monthly income he can make as an Automobile Engineer, Krishankant grudgingly accepted it. Yash has taught Geet driving; how to change a punctured tyre as well as he teaches Geet fancy and International recipes to cook whereas Radhaji teaches Geet traditional recipes to cook!

ARNAV RAJSINGHANIA (Arnie)  
31yrs. Old. He is Krishankant's  second  brother's youngest son. He is M.A. In Economics, but extremely Westernized in his life style i.e. Eating Continental food, wearing only western clothes etc. loves to eat non-vegetarian food whereas Singhanias are true vegetarian family. He tries to westernize Geet in his old fashioned (According to Arnav) family. He is MD of Singhania Fashions. For him women are meant only for spending time and flirting but doesn't want any serious commitment with them! But as far as his sister Geet is concerned he is extremely possessive and over protective about her.

UDAYVEER RAJSINGHANIA (Veer) 
30 yr. Old. He is Krishankant's eldest brother's youngest son. He is a strong believer of Martial Arts, Yoga and Gym. He believes "Healthy body gives rise to healthy mind!" He is under SPECIAL TASK FORCE wing of law enforcement. He is very particular about his diet so that his fitness doesn't suffer. He daily trains Geet in self defence so that she can protect herself in case of threat to her honour and dignity!

SIDDHARTH RAJSINGHANIA (Sid) 
Last but not the least is Sid, Krishankant and Radharani's eldest son. He is 28yr. Old  and extremely passionate about Drama and Music. He has been trained under National School of Drama (NSD), Pune. His father was so furious with his choice of profession that he refused to pay his fees for studying at National School of Drama. When Radha was about to sell her jewellery to pay his college fees, then Krishankant grudgingly paid the fees. But since that day he only speaks to Sid when absolutely necessary. Whenever Krishankant refers to Sid, he calls him "Bhaand" (Low stature actor!) Sid loves taking on different roles and teasing or irritating his family members! He is happy go lucky fellow & loves to make people laugh. Hence, no one takes him seriously.

GEETIKA RAJSINGHANIA (Geet/ Gudiya):
22yr. Old. Geet is Krishankant and Radharani's daughter. Being the only girl in the family she is thoroughly pampered but not spoilt! She has been quite often said "NO" to and hence knows how to accept 'no'. Geet has done Bachelors of Architecture. She is true definition of beauty & grace. She has a milky white complexion with doe-like hazel coloured eyes. She is very innocent, full of life and a bubbly girl. She has a well rounded personality due to being trained in various interests of her six brothers! Despite of qualities given by her brothers, her orthodox and conservative mother insists on teaching her skills which girls of "good family" should know i.e. Cooking traditional food, stitching emberiordery etc. which Geet detests and her brothers come to her rescue whenever Radharani forcibly tries to teach her these skills. Geet's home is always full of life i.e there is lot of teasing, jokes and laughter. She can never remain sad or depressed for long due to her brother's love and care! Her brothers are extremely over protective about her and don't let her go any where alone. She is apple of her brothers' eyes! But personally, she lives and breathes for dance and music, hence she has been training in Bharatnatyam and also in Indian classical music from age of 10yrs. As she started being trained for dance very early in life, she is embodiment of grace and hence her family started calling her "Gajgaamini" (A very graceful woman) or "Mayuri" (female peacock most graceful dancer in the world!)

MEERA KHANNA
23yrs. old. Junior Fashion Designer in Mumbai Fashions, Mumbai. Very confident, headstrong, practical and feminist. She is daughter Khanna Textiles owner, Rahul Khanna. but she wants to work according to her merit not because she is Rahul Khanna's daughter.

Last but not least our favourite, ADITYA AGRAWAL (ADI): 
32yrs. old. He is Head of Accounts department and Maan's right hand. Adi is a very close friend of Maan's! His father was loyal employee of Khuranas. After his father's death, Khurana's employed him. He is very loyal to Ranjit Singh Khurana and Khurana industries. Adi can do anything for Khuranas especially, Maan. Maan trusts him the most professionally & personally. Adi is extremely close to Khurana family.

PINKY MANCHANDA : 
23yrs. old. Receptionist at KC.  Very jovial, full of life & loves eating. Likes Adi but Adi considers her immature and irresponsible.

Rest office staff same as GHSP.

SAMEERA RATHORE
29 yrs old young woman. She fell in love 7yrs. back and got married to whom she loves. But her husband/lover left her due to a terrible misunderstanding. Her husband never bothered to hear her side of the story and made her a convict on basis of hearsay. As there was no witness to her marriage, hence, society considers her as an unwed mother and her child as illegitimate. Being a mother of a 6yrs. old Ayush, she became extremely mature and sober early in life. Rajeshwari Manchanda is Sameera's mausi (Sameera's mother's sister) who supported her during her time of need. Although Sameera knew who her husband is and to which family he belongs she never approached him even after Ayush's birth. If Sameera wanted she could go to court and get maintainence for her son. By getting the proof of Ayush's praternity due to matching of Ayush and her husband's DNA. However, Sameera believes that for any relationship to form and then sustain, the acceptance of relationship should come from one's heart rather than through court. Despite of her continous trying she could not hate her husband.

(Ayush)

GAURI SHEKHAWAT
28yr. old Psychiatrist. She is Krishankant's best friend Gajendra's daughter. Gajendra and his wife, Riddhi died in a car accident when Gauri was just 10yrs. Financially, Gauri belongs to a rich business family and hence, she had nothing to worry about in terms of livelihood, but however emotionally there was no one among her blood relatives to love her and take care for her. Hence, Gajendra on his death bed gave all responsibilities to Krishankant and Radharani making them legal gaurdian of Gauri's properties and Gauri's welfare. Gauri was in love with Neelkanth since she entered Rajsinghania household, although she did not understand the name and meaning of emotion she felt for Neel then. When she saw Neel growing up to be a confirmed bachelor or "Bhramchaari" she was extremely heart broken but refused to marry anyone else. Although she would never be accepted by Neel but she tried to be close to Neel by doing his personal work when he was not at home. She was the one who would personally cook Neel's meals everyday which no one except Radharani, Geet and servants knew! She was the one to arrange Neel's wardrobe etc.

PARINEETA CHOUDHARY (Pari)
23 year old Bachelors in Interior Designing. She is youngest daughter of Thakur Dinanath Choudhary. Choudharys were next door neighbour of Rajsinghanias 11 years back when Rajsinghanias were living in Delhi. Geet and Pari use to go to the same school. She had feelings for Yash but was too young at age of 12 to understand what they were. Now she knows that she can love only and only Yash but is in awe of his personality and dressing sense. Although Pari is a nice blend of Indian and Western culture, but she can't cook!

KHUSHI KUMARI GUPTA
23rd year old B.A. in Sociology. Although Gauri belongs to a rich business family but Khushi belongs to middle class family from Lucknow. She loves cooking. Whenever she is tense she starts making jalebi. She is a girl of traditional Indian values. She is proud of her Indian values, culture and customs. Although she is more comfortable in Hindi but she can understand and talk in English. As she has not been exposed to many English speaking individuals she hesitates to talk in English.

RAJESHWARI MANCHANDA (Raj/Rajjo)
50yrs. old woman. Mother of Pinky and wife of Pritam Manchanda. Woman of a strong character. She adopted Sameera after death of her sister and brother-in-law. Although Rajeshwari is Sameera's aunt, but both Pritam and Rajeshwari treat Sameera as their real daughter like Pinky and Ayush as their grandson. She hates Rajsinghania family.

(Pritam Manchanda)

Please "like" and comment!

Edited by LM1991 - 7 years ago
LM1991 thumbnail
INDEX

Prologue                                                   Pg 01

Charactersketch                                      Pg 01

Chapter 1                                                  Pg 09

Chapter 2                                                 Pg 14

Chapter 3                                                 Pg 19

Chapter 4                                                 Pg 23

Chapter 5 & 6                                          Pg 28

Chapter 7                                                 Pg 34

Chapter 8                                                 Pg 40

Chapter 9                                                 Pg 45

Chapter 10                                               Pg 49

Chapter 11                                                Pg 52

Chapter 12                                                Pg 56

Chapter 13                                                Pg 60

Chapter 14                                                Pg 68

Chapter 15(a) & (b)                                Pg 72

Chapter 16(a) & (b)                                Pg 75

Chapter 17                                                Pg 79

Chapter 18(a)                                          Pg 83

Chapter 18(b)                                          Pg 88

Chapter 18(c)                                           Pg 91

Chapter 19(a) & (b)                                Pg 95

Chapter 19(c)                                          Pg 99

Chapter 20(a),(b)&(c)                          Pg 103

Chapter 21(a) & (b)                              Pg 108

Edited by LM1991 - 6 years ago
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
superb cs!!! will b waiting 4 prologue!
LM1991 thumbnail
PROLOGUE

"Kya ladka khaana banna sakta hai?" (Can the boy cook?) Yash asked.

"Kya ladka puja-paath karta hai?"(Is the boy religious?) Neel enquired.

"Kya ladka martial arts aur gym karta hai?" (Does the boy do martial arts and go to the gym?)  Udayveer questioned.

"Kya ladka acting kar sakta hai?" (Can the boy act?) Sid quipped

"Can Geet's future husband do Salsa?" Arnav said while doing some Salsa moves.

"Ladka kamaata kitna hai? Yaa Sid ki tehara sirf naatak karta hai?" (How much does the boy earn? Or he just whiles away time like Sid?) Rishabh demanded walking into the mansion from work.

These questions were thrown at Krishankant and Radharani when they broached the topic of Geet's upcoming marriage alliance.
"Beta, ladke ke baare mein yeh sab kaun poochta hai?" (Beta who asks all this about a boy?)

"Kyun nahi? Humari behan se toh woh yeh sab poochete hain ki --- Chal ke dekhao." (Why not? When girl is questioned--- walk and show us?)

"Khaana banna sakti ho? " (Can you cook?)

"Silai aur Kadai aati hai ki nahi?" (Can you stitch?)

"Ramayan kaa paath jaanti ho?" (Can you recite Holy Hindu scripture, Ramayan?)

"Kahaan tak padhi ho?"(Till where have you studied?)

"What nonsense? If girl's are expected to answer these questions why not boys?"

"Ladka padha-likha, acche ghar kaa aur business tycoon hai!" (The boy is well educated, from a good family and a business tycoon!) Krishankant said with pride.

"Toh usmei akhaar zarur hogi. Sab paisewalon mein hoti hai!" (Then he must definitely be an arrogant snob! All rich people are!) Geet outright rejected the proposal.

"Magar tum mai toh akhaar nahi hai." (But you don't have arrogance neither you are a snob!) Radhaji tried to reason with Geet "Mayuri, tumhari abb shaadi ki umar ho gayi hai beta. Thande dimag se socho." (Geet, you are of a marriageable age darling. Think rationally!)

"Theek hai agar aap mujhe iss ghar se nikaalna hi chahteen hain toh yehi sahi. MAI SIRF USS LADKE SE SHAADI KARONGI JISSE MERE SAB BHAI PASAND KARTE HAIN!" (Fine if you want to chuck me out of the house, I agree. BUT I WILL ONLY MARRY THAT BOY WHOM ALL OF MY BROTHERS APPROVE OFF!) Geet burst into tears and ran to her room. Leaving behind shocked Krishankant and Radharani; and furious Rishi, Neel, Yash, Arnav, Veer and Sid that their parents have made their Gudiya cry.

Plz press 'like' & comment (if possible?)

Edited by LM1991 - 7 years ago
myrahluvsk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome Amazing new concept new story

I like it
   best prologue

waiting for 1 chap update
T.Peru thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Congrats on new story