Badshah of Bollywood THE King Khan has been dethroned?

Posted: 8 years ago
Since the past two decades and especially in the recent times the Bollywood industry has been ruled by Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir. Each having their own huge fan following and normally it would be one movie taking over the other and vice versa and we have seen this played out in last few years until now. The balance of power seems to be shifting away from Shah Rukh because his last four movies Jab tak hai jaan, Happy New Year, Dilwale and now Fan has seen less than optimum numbers for one reason or another. 

Though I would hate to cast him off as a loss but it feels like finally Aamir and Salman has put Shah Rukh in their rear view mirror and sped past and there is some huge gap to fill and only time can tell if he can bounce back but as of now situation looks bleak no matter how brave face one can put. Nobody has ever beat Father Time as it is your biggest competitor and it seems the time has come for Shah Rukh?
I would love to hear some logical thoughts from all of you no matter whose fan you are.
Edited by TheBoss - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Lagta haye boss bhai ko bollyforum bahut pasand agayi haye.
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
As i said in the other thread , looks like The Boss has officially joined BW forum πŸ˜†
Topic after topic on movies, actors , interesting titles, amended titles ...you are doing it all .
Welcome ...😳

BigBoss season turned out to be bore fest so for the first time I stayed out for good but the forum dynamics are quite interesting here too and worth sticking around for a short while before off I go to my hibernation. πŸ˜†Edited by TheBoss - 8 years ago
rimi2983 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Disclaimer - I am not SRK hater !!

He has been dethroned for quite sometime. People are reluctantly accepting it now.

Reminds me of Big B era of bad movies. Jadugar, Ajooba etc.

F.I.T.B thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Bolly wood still runs on star power and not the story power which can do justice to both film and lead actor who performs it 
The day  story takes the centre stage all star power will vanish πŸ˜³
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TheBoss

BigBoss season turned out to be bore fest so for the first time I stayed out for good but the forum dynamics are quite interesting here too and worth sticking around for a short while before off I go to my hibernation. πŸ˜†

@bold and come back at Eid time when forum is in full swing πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: rimi2983

Disclaimer - I am not SRK hater !!

He has been dethroned for quite sometime. People are reluctantly accepting it now.

Reminds me of Big B era of bad movies. Jadugar, Ajooba etc.

And I'm a fan of neither 3 also but I have the same feelings. It happened to Dilip Kumar to Rajesh Khanna to Amitabh. It happened to Sachin and The Undertaker to Randy Couture to Tiger Woods I mean I can go on. As I said you can't win against time. I'm not brushing him entirely but he can no longer carry the weight of a movie as lead actor. 
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Let Raees come. It's going to be a game changer for him. If Raees failed too (I dont think and hope not so) then SRK will be officially done and dusted. Bye to him.
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
SRK is still a big superstar..opening number proves that
But that's about it
His movie choices since Ra One day has been pathetic
P.S I'm reserving my comment about FAN since I haven't watched it

I think SRK lost his focus due to IPL business. He turned into businessman from an actor. He wanted to sell his movies just on the basis of his stardom which is no longer working. He focussed only on numbers. There should be some honesty left for the process of movie making. Producers will take care of the numbers but actors should focus on the craft. A masala movie is not always a crap movie. 3I, BB are examples of that.

He needs to couple of Fans to revive himself. People will take him seriously once he does 3-4 good movies. Also his line up is pretty good atleast on paper. Raees, Anand L Rai, Imtiaz. Its too early to write him off