Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

hi mani,

great to see you. so glad you joined in... always welcome. yeah all of ipk is oursin it the initial 190 and magical phases like holi.. also first hug, second hug, telepathy, cliff top, the huq episodes, 348... more.

but even then... really, did they have to do this to ipk? ah nevermind.

we shall stay i love with what we are in love with.

hello hi mani welcome to the blast.. its true what you said about the forum returning to full excitement.. I wasn't here when the show was on air so have missed those days of intense discussions, but the blast from the past threads were devi maiyya's special gift to us I feel..

I never quite understand how ipk has managed to touch sooo many people and that too so deeply.. it inspires us to write, edit, talk, hang around in an online forum, obsess over an actor,  and most importantly makes us happy..

glad you are here to share the fun.. see you around.. rabba ve..
Kowsi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

hi kowsi,

sorry, as usual i have glaring typos. 😆

so a french friend you roped in... brill. kate and cynthia here also don't speak or understand hindi, but dare anyone keep them away from ipk. 😃 it is a great show and will remain that... jashn and other hiccups will just go away.

i was thinking why i can't bring myself to be "rational" about jashn and realised it never was about the dimaag... where you declare to yourself a position like, no matter what, if it's barun sanaya and ipk i will love it. it's really a dil thing... what touches the dil and settles in it does that, the rest doesn't really matter. i am thinking of khushi now in her heer ranjha costume looking resplendent and saying, when the one whom you love is before you then the eyes speak, not the lips... then asr in weird gear looking resplendent too falling over her saying jab jo bura... the very nature of love itself being spoken out loud on a garish stage while story is going haywire and yet all you can do is watch unblinking, feeling your heart beat pick up speed. classic moments. and it registers in the dil... never leaves...

i hope your french friend falls in love as we have.. i wonder how asr will sound in french... and khushi kumari gupta... teehee.

Hey Devi Maya! That Heer-Raanjha part! I had to google it later to find the story!! So beautiful!!

About my friend... Well I am his voice 😆
And I am amazed also to translate it to her very easily from hindi using English and French! She loves ASR so much and Khushi... Who can't love her?!!
And also I am getting her into our Hindus traditions and my Tamil culture
We have so much blast with IPK!!

Also she is saying that she wants a man like ASR! Whereas she had another ideal man which was completely european!
BelaSYD thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi again, everyone. When I joined the forum, in January, I thought that I would be here often. But life intervened... I wanted to say so many things... give my two cents worth about the Dadi, Shetal and Mrs India tracks. Oh, well, it didn't happen. But I kept reading the Blast and Reblast pages and I felt a bit of dissapointment to see so few people keeping up. Because for me, even if so many things went wrong towards the end, as many of you pointed out, looking from the point of view of relationship development, I still could make sense of the story line.

But before going ahead, let me reintroduce myself. I only discovered the series in August 2014, on YouTube and just in time to be able to download all the episodes (unfortunately, many without subtitles) before they were taken off the many sites. ...Real pity! If StarPlus really wanted to capitalize on the sucess of IPK, they could have produced DVDs of the series. I for one would have bought them. Having subtitles would have been no problem as they were created for the transmission by LifeOk. I can't understand why StarPlus objected to have the episodes posted by viewers, when there was no competion with any other 'product' as there were no DVDs. And from Australia, we can't even watch the episodes posted at Hotstar, due to geoblocking.

I too belong to the group that doesn't speak Hindi. I was born and grew up in Brazil; went to France to do postgraduate studies, but within a few months married a German and moved to Germany. After 5 years, we came to live in Australia, a country I really like and is now home. The interesting thing is that, while I don't speak Hindi, I have learned many words watching IPK and reading your posts. Also, from time to time I recognize words, from other languages, like on this week episode (#3) Akaash used the word 'gesamt' (German spelling), meaning together, when he said that his anniversary gift was to be opened 'together' with Khushi. I also remember the word 'gewinner' (German spelling) was used for winner in the original series. There have also been many words of Portuguese origin. Those words, which I understood, have added to the fun of watching IPK.

IPK got me hooked (the only serial I ever watched - short series apart) and I am very thankful to everyone who translated dialogues, explained cultural references, traditions and so on.

As for the current series, nothing feels right. Starting from ASR/Khushi's bedroom, which is so not ASR. Then his entire appearance... hair, clothes... Where is the millionaire/billionaire gone? His mannerism? And Khushi's? Already from her messages we know that the character has been butchered. Why do such a thing? It makes no sense at all! The only explanation I can come up with is that the TV network/producers thought that it was enough to bring the actors back and the viewers would be in awe. Well, they got it wrong!

Before I go, a big thanks to indi for posting the translation of all the dialogues... and to keep posting your taking on every episode on the Blast and Reblast threads.

Bye all.

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Indi

Fantastic edits on the take 3. I do remember your frequent reminders of God father. Specifically liked your reference to the other way around.. been a while since I watched Godfather.. not after IPK.. will have to , to appreciate the nuances..
The impasse on his visage with heaps of turbulence inside is what stood out in epi1 and through out the first quarter.. and come to think of it as he is not at all brawny but rather tender built or so I thought... yet his tartness was powerful.. lovable...
I was watching some of the last epis.. and yes inspite of not s groomed hair and cloths.. he was all asr...his love for her.. his anger.. his assertiveness.. all in place..

Wonderful edits.. ofcourse the haldi one.. we see diff shades.. and still not seem to get enough..
thank you!
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Kowsi

Hey Devi Maya! That Heer-Raanjha part! I had to google it later to find the story!! So beautiful!!

About my friend... Well I am his voice 😆
And I am amazed also to translate it to her very easily from hindi using English and French! She loves ASR so much and Khushi... Who can't love her?!!
And also I am getting her into our Hindus traditions and my Tamil culture
We have so much blast with IPK!!

Also she is saying that she wants a man like ASR! Whereas she had another ideal man which was completely european!

ha, so she wants a man like asr... so cute. tell her the queue is long teehee. actually, i remember way back some of us talking about how we found asr-ish traits, if not the drop dead looks, in the men in our lives. honestly., that is a very exciting man... i am not surprised your friend has chosen him over her earlier eupropean ideal. i often feel... asr has something completely classic and almost from an age of chivalry in him... and then he is so contemporary... he is westernized in what he wears and has a contemporary western attitude in many ways, yet something remains inalienably indian and timeless... he is all male at any age and he is a hot delhi boy... now how to resist him.

glad to hear you're having fun telling your friend about things hindu and tamil. and being his voice.
😆

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BelaSYD

Hi again, everyone. When I joined the forum, in January, I thought that I would be here often. But life intervened... I wanted to say so many things... give my two cents worth about the Dadi, Shetal and Mrs India tracks. Oh, well, it didn't happen. But I kept reading the Blast and Reblast pages and I felt a bit of dissapointment to see so few people keeping up. Because for me, even if so many things went wrong towards the end, as many of you pointed out, looking from the point of view of relationship development, I still could make sense of the story line.

But before going ahead, let me reintroduce myself. I only discovered the series in August 2014, on YouTube and just in time to be able to download all the episodes (unfortunately, many without subtitles) before they were taken off the many sites. ...Real pity! If StarPlus really wanted to capitalize on the sucess of IPK, they could have produced DVDs of the series. I for one would have bought them. Having subtitles would have been no problem as they were created for the transmission by LifeOk. I can't understand why StarPlus objected to have the episodes posted by viewers, when there was no competion with any other 'product' as there were no DVDs. And from Australia, we can't even watch the episodes posted at Hotstar, due to geoblocking.

I too belong to the group that doesn't speak Hindi. I was born and grew up in Brazil; went to France to do postgraduate studies, but within a few months married a German and moved to Germany. After 5 years, we came to live in Australia, a country I really like and is now home. The interesting thing is that, while I don't speak Hindi, I have learned many words watching IPK and reading your posts. Also, from time to time I recognize words, from other languages, like on this week episode (#3) Akaash used the word 'gesamt' (German spelling), meaning together, when he said that his anniversary gift was to be opened 'together' with Khushi. I also remember the word 'gewinner' (German spelling) was used for winner in the original series. There have also been many words of Portuguese origin. Those words, which I understood, have added to the fun of watching IPK.

IPK got me hooked (the only serial I ever watched - short series apart) and I am very thankful to everyone who translated dialogues, explained cultural references, traditions and so on.

As for the current series, nothing feels right. Starting from ASR/Khushi's bedroom, which is so not ASR. Then his entire appearance... hair, clothes... Where is the millionaire/billionaire gone? His mannerism? And Khushi's? Already from her messages we know that the character has been butchered. Why do such a thing? It makes no sense at all! The only explanation I can come up with is that the TV network/producers thought that it was enough to bring the actors back and the viewers would be in awe. Well, they got it wrong!

Before I go, a big thanks to indi for posting the translation of all the dialogues... and to keep posting your taking on every episode on the Blast and Reblast threads.

Bye all.

hi belasyd,

great to see you again. read your post and was again touched to know that people not at all perhaps considered target audience fell in love with ipk.

this thread has more and more people who have no real connection with hindi. wonderful.

gesamt, gewinner... they said words that sounded like that? next time you notice a word that seems to have a portuguese origin, will you post it here? would love to know.

about star and its strangeness... mystifies me. i am yet to see such unthinking and seemingly vindictive behaviour from  a channel, toward a show that is immensely popular, reaching audiences no other show of theirs does... of course, to a channel, an audience makes sense only if it makes money... perhaps they couldn't make out how to convert all of us watching across the world and not in india, into good advertising revenue.

that being the case, making dvds and selling would have been profitable i would have thought. especially since they had not been able to keep the show going. and teh demand was so high since ipk had ended. instead they went into some sort of strange strategy and started another show called iss pyaar ko kya naam doon. even when it didn't really take off, they kept it running for months. it was as though ipkknd was merely a brand name and could be "extended" any way they wished. and they as channel needed to prove a point about their programming savvy.

childish really.

anyway, now it's this silly playing with a "brand."

no sign of ipk here...

ipk to me is not a "product" though that is how a channel views everything it shows. it is a beautiful drama that touches and thrills and makes one think and feel. it is among the completely unusual. ordinary marketeers haven't a clue what to do with it... being the ordinary guys they are.

i don't think anyone thought ipk will become what it did. and my gut feel has always said it became that because of all the things ipk was, but most of all because of the acting and the intensity of asr and khushi and asr/khushi. again, the innocence of not knowing how popular you are becoming, just acting with that desire to act, to do your best... not for gains, but because you love acting, that seemed to touch it and made ipk something else.

of course, great directors, creators, writers, co-actors... all of that made it possible.
the current thing is just a marketing gimmick. i wish they had not played with ipk.

i will start writing the rest of the episode takes soon... i know i ramble, but it's such fun. and thank you for reading. i have actually started a blog of all i do on ipk... my real gift to my kid once i am gone teehee.

Kowsi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

ha, so she wants a man like asr... so cute. tell her the queue is long teehee. actually, i remember way back some of us talking about how we found asr-ish traits, if not the drop dead looks, in the men in our lives. honestly., that is a very exciting man... i am not surprised your friend has chosen him over her earlier eupropean ideal. i often feel... asr has something completely classic and almost from an age of chivalry in him... and then he is so contemporary... he is westernized in what he wears and has a contemporary western attitude in many ways, yet something remains inalienably indian and timeless... he is all male at any age and he is a hot delhi boy... now how to resist him.

glad to hear you're having fun telling your friend about things hindu and tamil. and being his voice.
😆

True!! Well as poor 21 years old girl who is dreaming about her Prince Charming...

Guess what I am on the Rakshash's side!!😆😉

Completely agree with you!! ASR has something about him, he is a mix of many types of men...be it the love for his sister, the responsabilities he has, the protectivenss towards his family, the wish to be independent and to stand on his feet and his short temper problems included... my God!!

And the list goes on...

As does his fangirls and girls who want him!!!

And honestly I am doing a poor job as his voice! That husky voice 

Edited by Kowsi - 8 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Indi

Fantastic edits on the take 3. I do remember your frequent reminders of God father. Specifically liked your reference to the other way around.. been a while since I watched Godfather.. not after IPK.. will have to , to appreciate the nuances..
The impasse on his visage with heaps of turbulence inside is what stood out in epi1 and through out the first quarter.. and come to think of it as he is not at all brawny but rather tender built or so I thought... yet his tartness was powerful.. lovable...
I was watching some of the last epis.. and yes inspite of not s groomed hair and cloths.. he was all asr...his love for her.. his anger.. his assertiveness.. all in place..

Wonderful edits.. ofcourse the haldi one.. we see diff shades.. and still not seem to get enough..
thank you!

hi indu...

thrilling man.. otherwise no way would i let him into my head... i couldn't, too jaded i am. he had such absolutely cut through. before i knew it... he had got me with that look in his eyes on diwali... and later as i od-ed on the episodes.

that diwali walk, look, the body language... what pitching. it could have easily become lecherous or wooden and stilted (as often is the case with most actors on telly, even films). there is something so fluid and rounded in barun's acting, so sure... at 27 to have that without the benefit of any training or even posh upper class upbringing, no real travel... just from watching some movies and wanting to be good at acting a role (do it better than the actor, as he said in an interview), astonishing really.

i often found it hard to believe that i was reacting in this way. (in a a way he was the khushi place for himself even before i realised it. first recognition though was instinct's. back in shraddha, that first time i saw him, when tv would be on, just for noise.

he looked nothing like he did as asr... not at all well groomed, so so young and callow. yet something kept saying, look at the fellow. he's different. head kept saying nah, he is just another tv actor... eyes, however, remained glued whenever he was on screen. i stared paying attention to this really erm serial.

i went and found out his name... i usually never bother.

his name was barun, ha not varun... that's different, i thought.

and he was from delhi. i smiled. that's the reason something feels like i know it... he's from the city where i was a teenager and had all my crushes (well almost all), one just had to have crushes on those great looking guys... the hep ones 😆. yeah, delhi boy... i must have recognised something delhi in him i thought.

never ever did i think he'd turn out to be an actor i would watch unblinking. it was only on the night of the terrace i realised, he was not just a good looking guy with a hot rendition of a mills and boon man... this here was an actor.

worked back to day one... and yes, there he was, trying to be asr... acting the best he could. and he really could. otherwise, despite not the best fitting suit and the slightly awkward movements, why was i staring and thinking of the godfather. his walk to sheesh mahal was perhaps a bit stagey, but the thing in his eyes... how does a young man get so much pulled into a couple of irises... and i loved the walking out of sheesh mahal.. something in his body as he walked away, having done what he had come to and yet feeling stuff he didn't think he would... his breathless voice... that first palat... that hai na... chacha ji.

i haven't seen this in too too long. that youth and yet a grandness in it.

somehow young people don't have that vulnerability any more. way back... gregory peck in cactus flower (i think it was), paul newman in a cat on a hot tin roof, guru dutt...

offbeat movies... from international cinema, movies i don't know the names of, actors i am not familiar with, come to mind...

phenomenon. they called rajesh k that. for me though...

i better stop, indu. but you know what i mean. you went through that this can't be happening on my tv in the sitting room thing yourself. 😆

this new asr... this has something so so ordinary and bland in it. barun is not being directed well, nor excited... he is just doing a job. sad. i do hope he nurtures what he does have... and i see a bit of it in his films or wherever. it is precious.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dev25

Namaste to Blaster  Behenas  (borrowing phrase from Ria)

Es Jashn  ...   My two cents

It brought back  all  of IPK IF  glory back😊

Aman visible(Ria)  invisible se phir se visible ho gayi  

Come in the way of ...   hmmmnn  ASR  and  risque joke  or is it Sobu 😉

We the phangurls addicted to gussawali ASR and  Arnav in love with Sankadevi will definitely never fall for this mushy love. 

As Ria said this may be Sp's idea of ASRolics Anonymous and serve as de-addiction.
But we have initial 190 episodes to blast and reblast and fall in love again and again.

And I fell truly blessed to meet/know and interact all the wonderful and lovely people from around the globe now which I could not then

Each and every post in this thread is lovely ⭐️ well done 👏

PS:  This is my first post in main IPK and sorry for my intrusion( butting in)

-Mani

Hi Mani,

One of our dear blaster here has identical font/ style .so.your post looked quite familiar..😊

IPK touched / and remained with such unimaginably diverse sections of people that the channel is resorting to strange marketing strategies to encash that popularity. Its tangibly impossible to recreate mastery that is the first half of IPK given the dedication and hard  work of the initial team. They were a bunch of young ambitious talented folks, each and every member from behind the camera to in front,  who gave their best to prove their mettle.. but none could predict the skies of its success.. that it has become a bench mark on Indian TV for love stories..

Jashn couldn't recreate that charm... but it can not erase it too either.. so yes, we always have the original to savor ..

Great to see you.. welcome here.

Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I was in love with ASR, but new ASR avatar is nothing out of the ordinary... why CVS??? 
I want ASR back, ok after three years spending with Khushi he could be little change but not 180 degree!

Still thanks to creators to give us IPKKND EJ