SS 57 Common Love - Page 8

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: EnVee

That's a nice thought Asma. Sometimes, when you wonder why you are the one working so hard when others seem to be getting it easy, it is nice to think this way. I guess it pays somewhere along the line.

This is a nice read for all the dreamers out here.

https://dsoulcafe.wordpress.com/2015/10/09/not-the-knight-in-a-shining-armor-or-the-dainty-damsel/

nice read indeed EnVee.
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
NIsha where are you?? 
I have come back to a sooty shut home. Tonnes of dusting and cleaning to do...would any day prefer hanging in here about waiting..but health and safety beckons..

for my daily dose of  gooey virtual chocolate. 
How can the Zen monks think of cleaning and meditation on the same plane😲. Having to clean makes me murderous...no wonder my husband thinks i need to take a break ðŸ˜¡
Errantnomad thumbnail
Hello everyone . Best wishes all on Vijayadasami.

EnVee, that quotes of needing a place where we belong was beautiful and this article too.

Asma, hello. Ditto on feeling murderous on cleaning. I am easily at my worst cranky behaviour then
😃
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue5sky

NIsha where are you?? 

I have come back to a sooty shut home. Tonnes of dusting and cleaning to do...would any day prefer hanging in here about waiting..but health and safety beckons..

for my daily dose of  gooey virtual chocolate. 
How can the Zen monks think of cleaning and meditation on the same plane😲. Having to clean makes me murderous...no wonder my husband thinks i need to take a break ðŸ˜¡

Asma I am with u...I hate cleaning...normal household chores I will do it but festival time all the dusting cleaning...a big no from me

Power came back and I eagerly logged in to read the update...but guess Nish  is busy😭
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Keep your hopes alive for 45 more minutes...
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Asma, Kalpana. Thought of sharing because both resonate with the story so well and with real life.

Chalo. I have to get to work today. A colleague's last working day. Am gonna miss her. So will see her off from office threshold while I keep it touch outside. 😊

Have a good day/night.
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Enjoy. One of my favorite songs of this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpmGCHYAj1E
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: putti77

Keep your hopes alive for 45 more minutes...

As u say but I think we hav to wait till evening 🥱
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Happy Dashera to everyone.
Thank you Putti.
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

It's a tough call Sri. A lot of heartache. When to let go?.
People who are brain dead on ventilator support, the family takes that call based on various considerations, emotional and financial. Of late I hv heard people letting know of their immediate relatives , their desire of having a death not being hooked up to machines. I think when the person when in all senses lets people know of his will to die, I guess the next line respects that wish to that kind of end with dignity. A friend who was taking care of his father, an Alzheimer's patient after his father's death told his wife and his brother, "should the same thing happen to me like Appa, don't even blink, just pull the plug on me. "To which his brother said , same goes for me too. For which the friend's wife said, it's just not your call, it's my call too. To which the guy said," it's our children's call when we get old. Die with dignity is my call. So I will even write a will... Just pull the plug on me. "
But how do we decide when to let go of people who cannot express themselves verbally like periappa here.
Practical considerations go a long way in making that kind of decisions finally, I guess.
Money is one thing but you cannot discount the flailing health and age of the caretakers too.
The care they have given to periappa is out of the ordinary and his passing away will surely ease them of
Of the strains involved, no doubt.. But how does one let go of this bond which has kept him alive for all these years.

Kalpana i have seen my Aunt in law decide that she does not want her daughter's life be prolonged with the help of a machine. It must have been a very tough call for Periamma but she did as the daughter had fallen into depression and would get hysterical. She asked me to visit her in the hospital. She shared...i gave her a name beginnin with a double aa as i did not want her to be second in anything...she was a gifted singer, dancer and a math genius...Periamma and periappa reconciled to let her go in peace when they were alive and it provided an opportunity for a deeply insightful conversation. A few years later at the ripe age of 80 periamma was diagnosed with stomach cancer. She would have been unable to withstand chemo...her son DIL my husband and i had a conversation. I shared what periamma had shared with me saying you are the oldest of the next generation so it is your duty to offer wise counsel to the youngsters in the family. Every Vijayadasami she would give me Banni leaves and tell me you are my teaching varisu...We decided to take her home give her the care. She survived a few months and went in peace.
A few months after that i pledged my cadaver for medical research and this may i got my will made . i have clearly stated i do not want to be hooked to devices. My son asked me not to discuss morbid things but i guess we are in a time where we can state preferences.
I am not suggesting Amma and Appa stop medical treatment. I was responding to the please some of us were making to Nisha dont let him go . The decision will be Nisha's but it offers us an opportunity to reflect on our life. How we hope to live.