Fan Fictions

SS 57 Common Love - Page 9

sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Dasha Hara is a Sanskrit word which means removal of ten bad qualities within you
Kama vasana (Lust)
Krodha (Anger)
Moha (Attachment)
Lobha (Greed)
Mada (Over Pride)
Matsara (Jealousy)
Swartha (Selfishness)
Anyaaya (Injustice)
Amanavta (Cruelty)
Ahankara (Ego)
It's also known as 'Vijaydashami' which means Vijaya over these ten bad qualities.
Happy Dussehara! .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: moonwearer

Kalpana i have seen my Aunt in law decide that she does not want her daughter's life be prolonged with the help of a machine. It must have been a very tough call for Periamma but she did as the daughter had fallen into depression and would get hysterical. She asked me to visit her in the hospital. She shared...i gave her a name beginnin with a double aa as i did not want her to be second in anything...she was a gifted singer, dancer and a math genius...Periamma and periappa reconciled to let her go in peace when they were alive and it provided an opportunity for a deeply insightful conversation. A few years later at the ripe age of 80 periamma was diagnosed with stomach cancer. She would have been unable to withstand chemo...her son DIL my husband and i had a conversation. I shared what periamma had shared with me saying you are the oldest of the next generation so it is your duty to offer wise counsel to the youngsters in the family. Every Vijayadasami she would give me Banni leaves and tell me you are my teaching varisu...We decided to take her home give her the care. She survived a few months and went in peace.
A few months after that i pledged my cadaver for medical research and this may i got my will made . i have clearly stated i do not want to be hooked to devices. My son asked me not to discuss morbid things but i guess we are in a time where we can state preferences.
I am not suggesting Amma and Appa stop medical treatment. I was responding to the please some of us were making to Nisha dont let him go . The decision will be Nisha's but it offers us an opportunity to reflect on our life. How we hope to live.

Sri, I know of another person who has given it in writing to the extent you mentioned .
Yes times are changing and it helps the next line make such kind of decisions in a way.
As far as this story goes, on the posts that are requests to let him live , mine is one too.
May be cos of the special bond that II and periappa share and II asked Appa when he came to meet her
For the first time after the pregnancy announcement, she asked him" does periappa know".
To which Appa teared up and said he seemed to understand and acknowledge when I told him kanna".
So I was thinking , one last time, this time , hope he gets to live the moment when II takes her newborn and shows him to her periappa. It would be a circle complete, I thought Sri.

The word release in your poem had me thinking on the post I made Sri and my apologies, I took it off in a different tangent. I so understand the predicament that your son had, when you got that will made.
You are remarkably clear and people around you have a lot to learn and benefit from your experiences.
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
SRI
Thank you for sharing your experiences and words with your Periamma. I so understand what you are saying and completely concur. To me, love is about letting go at times. Infact, my parents have told me similar things as to what you've told your son. Praying that I never face such a day. I know I would try to fix things till the last minute. 

But when the other person is in excruciating pain, I would not be so selfish as to think about how I would survive the loss of that person. It would be very painful for me I believe, but in the end it is about the other person's pain.Many people term it as love when they are unable to let go of certain things. I, however, do not share that view. Each to his own though😳   
dristi64 thumbnail
Doctor Noufiya online aayi kya??😎
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail

moonwearer thumbnail
Kalpana and drishti I am not suggesting pull the life support off a helpless man. The evening of March 8th when she got back from Paris and now whenever he's I'll ii panics the dude and family try their best to solve things for her. She  sees in him a kindred soul unwanted so there is strange tug in her heart.  The buyers are striving hard to strike a balance between work and home need to extend all kinds of support to vandhu. One reason ii does not want to quit is the cost she bears for periappa s support ...they are so caring that they will put his needs over all else for themselves. Won't baldie and Angel need attention from this tatha paati it would be lovely if he could eternally be fine with home care. This is stretching themselves thin. My heart goes out to amma. She was willing to forgo ii for his sake. Will feel bad not being able to care for her daughter s as well. So somewhere we need to see that there is a balance. Sorry if I sound too insensitive .wishing release from pain is compassion too. 
dristi64 thumbnail
SRI
I already said that I concur with you. 😳Wishing release from pain is compassion, too. Such a lovely way to put it👏
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Good morning n evening ladies...
Reached 33 kms in 55 mins.. Power has not gone bcoz of cricket 😃
dristi64 thumbnail
Nisha nahi aayegi kya?? I think Jasmine said something about a busy day ahead
Sigh... 😒
too much sannata here..
Hope everyone is enjoying the festival. 🤗