Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Seriousreader

Nisha...why is Akka's fuming?😲

She will answer this in morning 😉
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
A friend shared on FB. Do check it out. It'll give many of us a breather here I feel. 😊
http://markmanson.net/passion

Errantnomad thumbnail
Diwali/ festival bonus / gifts from the employers is always exciting times.So many plans get made around it. Adds to the festive spirit and it's welcome cos there's always excess cash flow then.
I'm almost tempted to assume blow a hole , Bala would have on vandu's plans leaving them ' coming to Blows' on such prickly topics.

Anyway, It makes me want to think about the festival bonus. These days multinational companies / Bpos driven around technology are doing away with the practice of Diwali bonus and even if it's given,it's not given above managerial levels.
It's more performance driven bonus now which experts put it to aiding better recall value than a festival bonus and the bonus act rules no longer makes better sense in today's corporate world's pay structures.
So bonus is seen as an incentive for your performance. There's a reasoning of festival bonus being taken for granted unlike an performance driven bonus as also the reasoning that why should Diwali be accorded that single importance for a festival bonus when there are so many other festivals celebrated in India.
Many manufacturing companies:
factories producing goods and Banks still have the festival bonus in practice, I think.

But for me personally I think, the recall value in Festival bonus holds dear only for the fact that families form a certain attachment to the employing company around it. My mom used to be excited with Diwali bonus gifts from my Dads employers and she used to grade the companies based on the gifts she used to receive then.
I remember her telling us that ' when your dad worked for this company it used to be so much fun. This x company gave this exquisite crockery set which I hv kept for giving it away in your marraige and so on..

Memories are such a treasure that keep us going now and then
Edited by Errantnomad - 8 years ago
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: putti77

Reason for Akka to upset..

Vaishnavi?
Return to Munrika?
Financial woes?

Guesses?

Bala
moonwearer thumbnail

BLOWING UP AND COOLING DOWN

People think only differences drive folks to come to blows

People deeply in love can come to blows out of excessive care and sense of possession

We are that way the dude and I we often come to blow over issues

The world perceives as petty and insignificant

Watching our feud from close quarters can cause you to think it's the end

What they miss is that it is a prelude to what we stage in privacy thereafter

Hearing of it sends shivers to Amma, Appa will surely summon legal advice

For the dude and me it is vital nourishment we feed on and draw closer every time

Dad had watched a professional battle Bally witnessed it too

Both I know moved away with a smile and my Rakshashan christened me Iyer Warrior

Squabbles and fights at Munirka and DII are over class of views or money matters

I struck one out of the list with the Pre nup though we clash over why I don't spend

I am a fighter and mean at that and draw his blood smacking my lips

He hisses and stares and worries and chases while objects I love to hurl

After it though breathing heavily and deeply in our bed we curl

Our coming to blows is unique and regular and It is layered and spectacular to be in

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dristi64

A friend shared on FB. Do check it out. It'll give many of us a breather here I feel.😊

Good one 👏
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Good morning everyon!!!
"Our coming to blows is unique and regular and It is layered and spectacular to be in"
Beautiful Sri
" 👏
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Diwali/ festival bonus / gifts from the employers is always exciting times.So many plans get made around it. Adds to the festive spirit and it's welcome cos there's always excess cash flow then.
I'm almost tempted to assume blow a hole , Bala would have on vandu's plans leaving them ' coming to Blows' on such prickly topics.

Anyway, It makes me want to think about the festival bonus. These days multinational companies / Bpos driven around technology are doing away with the practice of Diwali bonus and even if it's given,it's not given above managerial levels.
It's more performance driven bonus now which experts put it to aiding better recall value than a festival bonus and the bonus act rules no longer makes better sense in today's corporate world's pay structures.
So bonus is seen as an incentive for your performance. There's a reasoning of festival bonus being taken for granted unlike an performance driven bonus as also the reasoning that why should Diwali be accorded that single importance for a festival bonus when there are so many other festivals celebrated in India.
Many manufacturing companies:
factories producing goods and Banks still have the festival bonus in practice, I think.

But for me personally I think, the recall value in Festival bonus holds dear only for the fact that families form a certain attachment to the employing company around it. My mom used to be excited with Diwali bonus gifts from my Dads employers and she used to grade the companies based on the gifts she used to receive then.
I remember her telling us that ' when your dad worked for this company it used to be so much fun. This x company gave this exquisite crockery set which I hv kept for giving it away in your marraige and so on..

Memories are such a treasure that keep us going now and then

So true memories keeps us going there r so many attach to every festival and with Diwali giving and getting gifts r one.. The word gift itself bring a smile on ones face be it a child or adult!!
We all secretly wants gifts no matter wht nd how many times we deny it.
I think diwali bonus nd gifts r given today also..
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
We were talking about the definition of LUCK the other day

I still dont know the difference between good luck and good fortune/fate
But I know what luck is

Luck is:

Being in the right place at the right time
Knowing what to say
Projecting a certain image
Having a certain attitude

In combination all the 4 above mentioned things, result in climbing the ladder two three rungs at a time

PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

We were talking about the definition of LUCK the other day

I still dont know the difference between good luck and good fortune/fate
But I know what luck is

Luck is:

Being in the right place at the right time
Knowing what to say
Projecting a certain image
Having a certain attitude

In combination all the 4 above mentioned things, result in climbing the ladder two three rungs at a time

Nisha any specific reason for this post ? Did something just make you realise this? Hope you are the one who was at right place at right time and got to go three rungs at a time.