Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Glad to see someone else like Camp X-Ray and Kristen Stewart. 
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Jupiters_Cock

Body Heat -  Original and Better version of John-Bipasha's Jism

Body heat was inspired by 'Double Indemnity' which had no 'scenes' as it was released in 1944
It's a black and white film noir and a must watch but if you are fan of that genre or just like classic HW movies in general :-)

This movie inspired several imitations in HW 

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
La La Land - mixed feelings and my heart went out for Seb! 
Positives - Emma Stone in a knockout performance! Ryan Gosling's devastatingly gorgeous face and damn those eyes! His beauty is so distracting that it overpowers his acting skills...a great performance from him nevertheless! beautiful colour palette used all throughout, seamless transitions of songs in between the scenes..direction, DOP, overall presentation - full marks

The signature Mia and Seb theme song..refuses to leave my mind

Negatives - for a movie that is called and executed as La La Land, the ending came as a shock and suddenly took colour of realistic cinema..The ending is also probably where it breaks the viewers and wins them over as well..because uptil then I was unsure what I felt about the movie in general and I kept saying, its all kinds of wonderful, but I am not feeling it! and then BAM it just hits you on the face..evoking so many emotions and sentiments and what ifs..

why couldnt their relationship survive? Are enabling relationships the price for achieving your dreams? Are Mia and Seb happy even after achieving their dreams? My heart went out for Seb, not because Mia still had a family and a quintessential wholesome successful life, but because he was the one who was the more giving one in the relationship and still the <<spoiler ahead>> perfect dream sequence in the end shows him as some kind of a culprit??? I mean it begins with him kissing her, instead of brushing past her, him rejecting Keeth's offers..while Mia's actions would have still been the same? I mean why? Seb did redeem himself for missing her play, by reinforcing her passion for acting and taking her for the audition...he was not the culprit alone for their relationship going kaput..<<spoiler ends>>

Nevertheless - it is definitely worth a shot..for the overall beauty that this movie is..and it definitely is worth all that JAZZ..

Rating - 4/5
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Watched XXX. It was a forced treat.

Anyways, it's very predictable, same same like other movies, no different stunts. only gud part was opening and closing scene with Neymar Jr. 😛

I have seen all 3 XXX. only in first movie there was some chemistry between main hero and heroine. here chemistry was zero. they shud have ignored love angle at all.

and I dont know know why people are praising DP. the other girl with green hair was far better in action. The only thing I liked about DP in this movie was her entry scene and her with closed mouth. There was a fight scene in a party where she was supposed to beat the others. She was so clumsy in those scenes that at one point I thought she is going to fight with chappal and juttis. even in the end fight, same happened.

She looked beautiful though. and Nina was damn cute as a nerd.

this movie can be ignored easily.

and I am getting bored with same type of Vin Diesel movies. Even The Rock brings some changes, Vin keeps doing same thing in F&F and XXX.
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Isn't this a Bollywood forum? I come in here and all I see is Hollywood movie reviews.
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
xXx Return of Xander Cage

This is a Brutally Honest Review and I have put every bias aside. 

First and Foremost, Why the hell was this movie ever made? And I can't believe Deepika wasted her year for this one. 
The story is Fluff. Action scenes at times are pretty darn good and as an action movie junkie I loved those part. 
Vin is Vin (reminded me of Salman but with better acting and voice ) .

Nina totally surprised me .She was the best part of the movie for me (I hated her in VD.Elena is by far the most whiny character in the history of tv and Nina's crying pisses me off) .

Donnie Yen is such an awesome actor and his screen presence is amazing.Loved him and his character. 

Tony Jaa was such a waste.One of the best martial artists and a superstar in thailand was wasted in the movie. I just could not fathom him doing such a stupid role. He was given such a goofy role and to think that this person did ONG BAK (one of the best martial arts movies) Ughhh..

Ruby Rose looked sexy and acted her part so well . She is virtually new to acting yet was better than most. She played the badass character with so much sass and attitude. 

Deepika was bad. She seemed stiff and she seemed uncomfortable speaking english.
Her entry scene was so badass and for a second thought this would be an awesome movie for her entry into HW but I was wrong. The parts where she shines are when she isn't speaking and she looked great. I cringed when she spoke and I am one of her biggest supporters. It wasn't because of her accent but because it seemed she was very uncomfortable. 

This movie proves that one of the best actresses in BW has not even mediocre level of acting skills  when put with HW actors (though most of them I previously considered bad). Same with PC's Quantico. Irfan and Om Puri are exceptions They do a fine job .I cringed when I saw Amitabh and Anil in HW movies too. So much to learn and to think Sonam is trying..  

Movie is BAD.The direction is absolutely horrendous. Fast and furious is same kind of fluff action movie but is directed very well. Here the direction sucks.
10 mins into the movie and I already knew this one would suck and I wasn't wrong. 

2/5 for Donie yen,Vin,Nina and for few action scenes
Chudailpaapi thumbnail
Split : James McCoy ❤️. 
Ti saadya kay karte: Marathi movie about first love. Really nice movie about love, friendship and loss. Why no one should take anyone for granted.
Short movie chutney: loved it. 
Edited by Chudailpaapi - 7 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
Split:
Applause for James McAvoy.What a Performance.
Loved the movie and the deeper meaning attached to it. The power of Mind and Belief is immeasurable. The inner strength when put to test comes alive in all of us.

After few duds and being written off Shyamalan has made an amazing comeback. The direction and writing is very gripping and the editing is top notch.

Very well made movie. 

4/5 

starbuck2909 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wajah Tum Ho - Its sad that actor like Sharman Joshi has to do these kinds of movie, he was easily the best part of the movie. Sana Khan, Gurmeet and the guy playing owner of TV station were really bad. Hope T-Series selects good projects to produce rather than crap like Sanam Re, Tum Bin 2 and Wajah Tum Ho
Rating - 1.5/5
Ranyaa thumbnail
Housefull 3 .Its such a bad movie. How can Akshay do this after Airlift?