Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: tennant

Please make  souro the moderator of Bollywood section. He won't permit "Anti-India" posts, which have been prevalent in the Bollywood section.

Yes and Yes, Souro doesn't take crap from others and does what seems necessary even if it means having to see people cry river Nile ðŸ˜† I loved how some Bolly folks bashing India went bonkers when he removed the link to the documentary. It was fun seeing them sulk and cry about freedom ðŸ˜†
Edited by Fiery-Phoenix - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Scorpio_Velvet

I am sick and tired of it. We have people from abroad making anti-India threads even in BW section and generalizing Indian men to be misogynists, rapits et al and Indian women to be backward, uneducated etc. 

These preachers come and lecture Indians as if Indians need some Mother Teresa to be saved from the ancient shackles of backwardness...😆 

Some of my friends and I are NRIs, but don't feel India needs to blindly follow the west and measure up to their yardstick. India has its own culture. What's so wrong if people want to preserve their traditions and outlook ? Sure Indian society ain't perfect, but no society is perfect, doesn't mean the culture needs to be totally revamped and adopt the west. What would happen to diversity if every culture starts aping the west. Some of the outsiders think India needs to adopt the west and measure it accordingly without realizing they are killing the diversity...

Edited by Fiery-Phoenix - 9 years ago
atominis thumbnail
I think The Rowdiest is right.

Maybe the mods and DT are mostly NRIs or foreigners themselves and hence don't bother.

Just see how a DT has even twisted a well meaning comment here - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/121723695

I made that thread not because I am against NRIs or foreigners or want to keep IF only for Indians but because I felt there were less Indians here. Maybe lack of those actually from India is reason of this bashing or ignorant stereotyping. Hence I made that thread.

Only admin was thankfully respectful. Other DT mostly ripped me apart.

Now also I just said GA threads should focus more on Indian stuff. And the DT took it as if I wanted her to focus ONLY on India! 😲

Isn't there a difference between request and dictating? Isn't there difference in asking for "more" emphasis and emphasis "only" on particular topic? 😕

Still hell bent on trashing our concerns.

Apparently they want to foster global connections, but does it mean giving free pass to others and bashing one country?

BTW, UN-RESed post on page 2 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/121694201Edited by atominis - 9 years ago
KudiAnjani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
agree with you!!!
Im sick n tired of seeing india bashing.Criticism is ok but constant bashing of india on stupid reasons by NRI'S n some XYZ country is irritating...i mean how can some people generalized whole country🤢

when i read that indian women are not allowed to work,indian men are all rapist,indians are no better than arabs bl bla blah i feel like slapping them🥱(kabhi india ake dekho women contribution in IT sector,bpo sector,education sector is very high...india is fastest growing economy becoj of man n women both...)
YES we are not perfect but pakistan.bd n  nri's se toh better hi hai atleast we are here in india n working for our land ...bade aye bashing karne wale🤢

one more thing i hve noticed that not only mods but some indian members also avoid disscusing topics on kashmir,pak media on bollywood,etc ets...why??????????????????????

kashmir is part of india why we dont discuss it on debate forum,when pak media bash bollywood why we cant dicuss it in our bolly forum..when our media /actors bash any other country celebrity then whole forum become crazy but we are not allowed to defend our country...why????????????????becoj mehman bura man jaenge hun🥱

india forum is becoming highly suffocating for indians🤢its like jane do mehman hai🤢

anitarani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
So agree...am simply appalled by the anti India comments made
regularly ...Have been an NRI for a while now, but am so proud
of the values with which I grew up with in my childhood whilst 
in India, and can see a lot of good when I still visit India...to each
time read blatant anti-India comments on IF is just so hurtful and
have wondered how no action at all has been taken by the mods.
Am glad this topic has been addressed...and hopefully appropriate
action taken in this respect.
.mOSAIc. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Agree with everyone over here. Exactly the same I had been feeling for the past few months, since I started migrating to the forums other than my pet ones. Thanks for a thread where we can voice our thoughts and protest against the anti-Indians for disturbing the peace of the forum and insulting our motherland.
Indians being bashed racially and communally in 'India' Forums!!!! What an irony???!!! Or, probably, 'oxymoron' would befit more aptly here. Being a thorough patriot and a high esteemed ''INDIAN'', I can't help but get engulfed by fury at the moment, especially after reading the thread links being posted by my fellow members.

A fortnight before, I reported a post where that person sworn against Indians and was going mad. Then again, yesterday, our very own Freedom Fighters who fought for our freedom were being compared to terrorists, and not only compared but also got tagged by few. These were just the few instances out of countless that I came across lately. It has become an everyday, no sorry, every moment issue.
It's not that we can't bash or something, it's only that we respect others view as we respect ours and believe in harmony. Not that we are incapable of picking up fights and typing down offending comments, but it's that we are modest enough to give space to everything and everyone unless it's not offending us. Don't ride over us for being generous. And yeah, we can take stand once we feel humiliated for something that's not at all related to us. Fanatics and lunatics prevail everywhere but it doesn't mean that under the disguise of a lunatic, you can go racial. Period.

And yes, I don't want the name to be changed. Being extremely arrogant in the favour of my country and the people,feel that it's the foul mouthed NRIs and outsiders who need to be taken under scanner and be taught to behave and have a control on their erratic being. Why should we take a back step and change the name? It's our channels and our country's cinema that is being talked about and thus, change in rules and strict actions against the offenders are needed to be taken. And I won't request because it's our right to be respected everywhere as per the UN norms and if we feel insulted without any mistake and wrongdoing, then it's the duty of the civil police, i.e. the mods here, to right the wrong. So, take the necessary steps and provide us a better place to survive here, at the IF of course.
Edited by ..Himani.. - 9 years ago
PRAGD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Agree with TM.  

Shall we inform about this Forum to Indian Authorities?     

Because of Modi Government, Chuhas are shattering. India goes stronger & stronger in each sector. Lage raho.  Kahawat hai na "Hathi chalta hai, ... ... ...".

India Rising.  Long Live Republic of India.  

Vande Mataram!

MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
agree with the post maker and also through the replies  i understand that action is taken when some bashing goes for other countries then why is same not applicable for india too. 
this is india forums and i guess as the moderator it's ur job to make  sure there are no bias and partiality towards anyone. so kindly entrust those ppl with responsibility who are fair & unbiased and quick to  take action.

hopefully no further topics would  be needed to get ur attention towards this grave issue.
atominis thumbnail
I say if on this site they don't take us seriously then contact the admin on Twitter.
Here's the link to his profile - http://twitter.com/vijaybhatter

He is atleast polite and approachable and takes member concerns seriously unlike some DT here who ignore us or misunderstand and mock us.

Or let us write letters to them. We have greater concerns than fanmail for stars.
ILuvFawadSanaya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Totally agree Its always our Race that given a chance to better themselves