Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
I joined the forum to discuss BW and I India-forums on Google. I am an NRI... and this is one of the ways I can stay connected to India. The main reason was to discuss Krrish 3 movie for me at that time. Many of that made mockery of that movie as wanna-be HW movie and what not.. given.. its just a movie. Bash it all u like. 
But then I realised over time that its actually India bashing in every way possible. Moderator on the BW forum has a locked up topic abt "rules on opening threads" which pretty much says one.. "only BW related topics are allowed". But there r so many topics with the provoking titles, nothing to do with BW, 90% of it is about India bashing. 

I used to report before and got bombarded with mails from IF-team for every topic I posted in, as if I reported all of those threads. I got so annoyed but thankfully I have another e-mail ID for imp. personal use. I just stopped using report button coz its of no use. 

I got 4 warning PMs from mod whenever I made fun the holiest lady on the planet "Deepika pudukone" and got my first warning for making fun of the mods for the same.. "u cant mock DP but u can bash salman and all things India all u like". My WL level is 20% now. 

There r all kinds of members from all over the world in BW section thats a great thing. Just to know how popular BW is around the world. But many NRIs or ppl who r not even remotely Indian have made mockery of India's social issues. They know nothing but google and start judging 1.2 billion ppl, world's largest democracy. 

We do have google to my friends, if we start discussing the problems around the world in BW sections, it would defeat the purpose of having BW forums in the first place. 

Be proactive Mods, the moment U read a topic title, and it seems controversial, then dont wait untill it goes for pages and out of control. Lock it with a warning. When all the damage is done, and topic is locked.. its laughable. 

If nothing happens from IF- team, we r few individuals who will give it back as hard as we can get to the bashers. Enjoy the show. But some of us might just leave the "India-forums" for good. 

Have a nice day! 
atominis thumbnail
I thank the TM who made this thread and all those who commented on it.
I myself felt out of place on a site ironically called India Forums. And made a topic on how forum could be more inclusive.

But apart from few, people started bashing me for it and accused me of trying to control and dictate who joins the site and who doesn't!😲

I am not against foreigners or NRIs. But I will definitely speak out at the excess of ignorant, baseless and hateful comments on India. And often on whole South Asia by those from US or UK. 

I mean it is really a joke if you have to give clarifications on even basic things on a site like "India" Forums!

I have seen utterly ignorant and weird comments on even mytho and history discussions.

In BW section, people will readily bash country and its people just to defend a celeb. Or will express concern for future generations of India, just because they did not accept shitty AIB humour! 

Many things happen in other countries also. But we do not generalise them! Sikh gurudwara, Mosque, Hindu temple attacked in USA, but do we bash the USA and its people? No! 

Then why bashing, abusing, stereotyping is reserved only for India?

The double standards are evident here. Fans from Pakistan burnt effigies or broke TV sets, no one bashed them. Fans from India made spoofs or bashed, then instantly others (including NRIs, foreigners) chimed in to call all Indians jokers, illiterate, fools!

Can few men in Nirbhaya documentary represent all Indian men? How idiotic to think like that!

When we criticise our country and issues, they readily join us. But if we talk about their country also, then we get bashed. 

It is not like we cannot differentiate between genuine debate and criticism and pure hatred, ignorant comments.

In debate mansion also I have seen threads bashing Indians for being sentimental, or emotional fools, mocking them for any pride they have in their culture and writing comments like - do Indians even know smell of flowers considering how polluted India is?🤢

Suddenly the same people disappear if there is a thread on their countries, religions. 

Even if we give genuine explanations and experiences of having actually lived in India, we get mocked as blind patriots who cannot take criticism and live in fairytale world.

I have often felt like leaving this site altogether. It is sick how you have to either ignore, tolerate abuse, keep giving explanations or get mocked even for any explanation you give!

Some NRIs and foreigners here (some NOT all), even have the nerve to tell you that they do not have to have lived in India to know about it, claim they know better and keep trashing explanations you give!😲

And moderators, NEVER took action. Unless we came all the way to this section, begging for action to be taken! Or unless the thread had words about other countries.

There is no inclusiveness, respectful atmosphere here. 

Even if you do not know about a country or had bad experience there, still you cannot generalise and bash it! Shouldn't there be basic decorum?

I myself criticised India, Indian government, Indian shows etc many times. It is not like I am a blind patriot. But criticism and bashing with clear cut hate towards a country are DIFFERENT.

Funny how respect of a celeb is more important than basic respect towards whole countries!

Take our concerns seriously instead of mocking us and expecting us to tolerate shit silently or leave site quietly. Or else please do change your name so that people like us do not get misled and do not expect anything at all.

It's a site for people to bash all things Indian? 
Edited by atominis - 9 years ago
This is a forum for discussing TV shows and bollywood so lets stick to that. Since this forum has members from various nationalities there's bound to be clash of opinions and perceptions as long as those arguments are restricted to bollywood its fine but bashing a country/religion/race in garb of bashing bollywood and stars should not be allowed. Hope the mods take this thread and posts seriously and take appropriate action. 
I think India bashing has been made into some kind of 'trend'. Of course members should be freely allowed to share negative perceptions of India, but making sweeping generalisations and making assumptions about India based on a one/few anecdotes is simply not fair.
This is hugely prevalent in Bollywood forum, where bashing of India occurs frequently, under a guise of bashing Bollywood and it's actors.

Please look into this issue and take appropriate action.

Edited by KaanKeNiche - 9 years ago
kautilya04 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I've gone through the threads posted on this thread and am appalled. Strict action is taken against people who post negative comments about celebrities, but posting insulting statements about this country and its people is okay? :/  I don't have many personal experiences to recount here, but like I'd mentioned in another thread, I have seen certain threads and comments that have made me feel this is a wonderful and safe place for people of those nationalities who don't have any affection or respect for this country. 

I'm quite sure no action is going to be taken about this issue. Members who apparently belong to Utopian countries (😆) will continue to bash India openly or sneakily, while enjoying solid protection from being bashed. 

So...seriously... please consider removing "India" from the name of the site. It's the least you could do...
Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree!
Such kind of hatred for India or any other country is not acceptable and one should not take it lightly.

A lot of such hatred is thrown in topics these days and I hope it will stop as soon as possible.

thank you.
Rishi_ thumbnail
I hope Mr Vijay is aware that posting derogatory content about India and its people amounts to racist attacks on particular groups.
This can be treated as a criminal offence. 

Don't provoke us to file a FIR against you and your team. We have a nationalist BJP government at the center.

Any more India bashing here and these comments will be directly reported to IT and Telecom ministry, Government of India.

We can also approach courts for criminal action against the site and its members.

Hope you'll understand that Indians are peace loving people. But when  things cross their limits, we
 won't think twice to open our third eyes to finish off abusers.

Vijay you being an Indian should understand the sentiment of the people here and respect their culture and traditions.

Edited by Rishi_ - 9 years ago
Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Where are the gate keeper mods of India? where are the law abidding citizens/mods of India who had stopped the posting of India's daughter on this same forum but is ok with anti-India comments, I guess we can raise our voices against our own people but not people who nothing about India, I guess thats why it took Bharat more than 100 years to free itself from the Brits! 

am i going to get bashed for writing this, sure!!
Edited by Intrepida - 9 years ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
India Bashiing has been going on since last few years in Bollywood forum.I remember few years back someone calling India a s****ole country.I reported that comment but mods took no action.

Even last year a similar topic on this forum was opened where members had complained about india bashing.

Mr.Vijay had given only 1 statement.Report those comments and mods will take appropriate action.

Well Mr.Vijay,if appropriate action is taken then why are still people bashing india?That means there's definitely something wrong in the moderation process of IF.

I remember on the day of the Mangalyaan,one India hating member purposely posted a very old article on an indian man raping a cow in the Bollywood forum just so that people start bashing Indians instead of applauding them.She/he was successful too in the attempt as that topic was full of india bashing and mocking and insulting Indians.Some people even started bashing Indians for the Mangalyaan achievement.

If we say anything good about our country,we are being called regressive,intolerant towards criticism,patriot(so now the word 'patriot' has become a gaali in india forums) and what not.

Some people would rather believe the media who always writes bad about india rather than the Indians who are born and brought up here.

We Indians are not supposed to say anything good about our country nor anything bad about other countries.We just have to tolerate the India bashing by these completely ignorant people who have practically no idea about the country.That's what we are expected to do in Bollywood forum.

sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG!What is happening on a site which is about India,its culture- TV,movies etc.This was an eye opener...thanks for the post .(and PM @Atominis)
Everything has already been said on this and I would just add my 'aye' on the issue expressed.

PS-I think something should be done to stop the notorious activity in BW section.Everything is done on the name of them 'fun' leading to some gross comments.🤢