I allowed someone to have sex with me at the age of 9: Kalki K

Posted: 9 years ago

kalki Koechin speaks on child sexual abuse and exploring love |

The reason i spoke out about my sexual abuse is not to get people to feel sorry for me but to give others who have had similar circumstances the confidence to talk about it. I allowed someone to have sex with me at the age of nine, not understanding fully what it meant and my biggest fear after was that my mother would find out. I felt it was my mistake and so I kept it hidden for years. If I had had the confidence or awareness to confide in my parents it would have saved me years of complexes about my own sexuality. It's important that parents remove the taboo around the word sex or private parts so kids can speak openly and be saved from potential abuse.

I believe in being myself every step of the way and not hiding my true self from society, whether that means getting a divorce because me and my husband didn't want to pretend for other people, or wearing shorts because it's a hot day or choosing a career which is unstable but creatively satisfying, or admitting to my weaknesses because learning from them has led to my strengths.
I've also been asked a lot about love lately. Well, i just feel love is not up for public display. Love is not the pictures you put up on social media. Love is not a certificate of marriage. Love is not property, children, family or ownership and love is not a barter - 'I'll give you this, if you give me that.'

Love is giving without expecting in return. It sounds like the ultimate act of self sacrifice right? But the trouble with giving, and I mean happily and limitlessly giving without expecting in return, is that one has to be self sufficient, and full of love for oneself. So, in a way, I believe love is selfish, because only a person who loves themselves fully, can give fully without expecting, without needing, without dependency. I'm not there yet, but I fight to be myself everyday in a world where we are constantly pressurized to be someone else, and that daily fight is my pursuit for love.

via Humans of Bombay

Edited by MrsSalmanKhan - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Originally posted by: -Hadia-

OMG AT THE AGE OF 9 😲

it happens so much, and the age keeps getting lower.  it's ridiculous. 
KudiAnjani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i used to think that nine yr old kids only plays ghar ghar ghar n mummy papa🤣

in future im def going to watch out my kids🤣
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: MrsSalmanKhan

it happens so much, and the age keeps getting lower. it's ridiculous.

Yeah that's Sad 🥱
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sounds terrible. Kids needs to be given sex education. At least parents should teach them basic stuff so  that they won't be exploited.  Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 9 years ago
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MrsSalmanKhan

it happens so much, and the age keeps getting lower.  it's ridiculous. 

I agree

I dont wanna sound sadist but when celebs like Rnabir, Ranveer come in public claiming that they have lost their virginity at age of 12-13, trying to sound cool  - I tend to lose all the respect!🤢
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
God! it's sad that there are perverts and paedophiles around...I think children should be educated at school on them to avoid situations like these...

Originally posted by: Scorpio_Velvet

Sounds terrible. Kids needs to be given sex education. At least parents should teach them basic stuff so  that they won't be exploited. 

I actually feel opposite. We may get in a debate here. but I'm very confused with should kids be given sex education at a young age? For ex, here in Ontario State, new bill has been passed and starting September 2015, Elementary School children , grade 3,4,5,6, will be given sex education as per their age. 

Do they need it? Some kids know everything... I don't know how but they do. but there are as many kids who don't know anything, and they don't want to know what sex is and how exactly you have it, and where do babies come from, how are they produced. I didn't know all this when I was 9 neither did I wanted to know.. I felt I loss my piece of innocence when in Grade 7 we were given Sex Education... I never attended them. 

I don't know, it's a really confusing topic. 
You have to educate them, so they know what not to do, but at the same time, it makes them want to do it. 

Edited by MrsSalmanKhan - 9 years ago
Rocky.Bhai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG! it needs a brave heart to come open about it... damn! child sex abuse🤢  ðŸ˜¡
Rocky.Bhai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Scorpio_Velvet

Sounds terrible. Kids needs to be given sex education. At least parents should teach them basic stuff so  that they won't be exploited. 

agree...and children need to talk to their parents about this, but sad they wont do it fearing that parents will blame them or due the the embarrassment ! 
i see so many episodes in savdhan india abt child sex abuse and feel so disgusting...