Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
^^^

thanks, indu...

yes, dadi gave us the angry, haughty asr back again... at his best...

you know i was thinking every generation has its hero type character who defines the ideal man of the hour... in that and fir that specific time and of course with traits that are timeless too... for our times, especially our culture... asr is that man. i am not exaggerating here... i have come to believe this.

and you are right when you say, without that terrific handsomeness of barun, asr just wouldn't be what he became... and now i will let him age, bald, whatever... because in my imprint maker he is forever preserved as this.

yeah what was that nivarak?

i think asr made that call after that protracted unnecessary talk about not waking the fam up.

indu, in these episodes, starting from mami ji's bombay and sea talk to khushi's prattle about a girl, a boy, shoshan to all the stuff about the big huge raizada and loss of empire during biwi tv to nk's sudden jo sach hai woh much hai... there seemed to be hints of some sort of intrigue, some story, some revelation... but nothing came of it...

in  a script which was known for its tightness, its constant connection between disparate points, this set of vague flaky yet very detailed references that led to nothing was surprising.

so we will watch again... yesss.
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Horizon

I can certainly feel that sadness of being ignored.. thank you for bringing straight out here pronto...i guess i am blessed in a sense that post 300s, i  do not really know whats there in which episode. in fact i just watched 321 .. and immly knew why you felt the need to write the same day...

@blue, please please... all for it..

Indi di thats a great idea.. I will also try and write. I feel when I fall behind it just keeps lingering on my mind and piles up and makes it even more difficult to catch up. And reading and writing while everyone is also discussing is way too much fun.

Indu di I am with you. episodes are blurred. In fact when ASR got kidnapped, when I was watching for the first time, multiple times I was tempted to stop watching, luckily I didn't because I really like the early 300 episodes and even ASR during the whole dadi fiasco. 
indi52 thumbnail
episode 321

i forgot to mention one thing... there was that moment when asr said, khushi is an orphan... like me.

i felt a pang. they had many points of connection... the sanak, the gussa, the sexiness, the love of fam both had, the straight forward action oriented attitude (when khushi was not getting completely confused between what is the right thing to do and what the tv serial thing... actually, the character she was, if they wanted to create a situation which would make her hold back the truth about shyam, it had to be written much better than this... this anjali quaking at the sight of torn mangalsutra and khushi therefore keeping quiet despite continual creepy lechery by shyam, just did not make sense, very weak muddleheaded women might do such things, but not the khushi i met initially)

anyway, back to where i started... that being orphans both of them... there's a connect point there too... they both understand things perhaps people who have grown up with their own parents do not... there's a fragility and a need in both.

and that feeling... she is like me... a sense of identifying, of empathy... of course barun managed to make it sound much more than that and i thought of our chat about heer ranjha and the sufi idea of the lover becoming one with the beloved... i am her and she is me.

at one level i think lovers do become like that... you hurt one, the other cries, you please one the other smiles... their is a melding a becoming one.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

😕

sorry, right now there's no way to access my vms because the kahani of blocking continues. maybe some day good sense will prevail and fans will be allowed to express their joy with a completely non commercial yet utterly precious piece of work... no matter what, i shall always have the emotional copyright to iss pyaar ko... so will you. and nothing can infringe upon it... for it stays in the dil... a fabulous vm... hamesha 😳

an experiment... trying to tell a story in sound, song, words, etchings... coming together, not flowing a linear course. no idea if it worked. had fun making it and learned a little more about imovie. do let me know your thoughts. i really wished i had hd visuals for this one, might have been able to do it a little differently in terms of colours and effects... however i like them even severely pixelated and i did enjoy watching the vm... maybe hmm because i made it? teehee.

two music tracks... one is the song tu hi junoon from dhoom 3, sung by mohit chauhan and the other, the first movement of tchaikovsky's sixth symphony in b minor.

translation courtesy bollymeaning.com

music: pritam chakraborty
singer: mohit chauhan
lyrics: kausar munir
translated by: harshit gupta

tu chharahari dhoop hai
tu karaari shaam
dil kahe barbaad ho jaaun
le ke tera naam

you're slender sunlight,
you're crispy evening,
the heart wishes that i destroy myself
with your name on my lips.

tu jale to din chadhe
tu bujhe to raat
dil kare kurbaan karoon
tujh pe apni jaan

when you rise, the day begins,
when you're extinguished, it's night.
the heart says that i should sacrifice
my life on you..

tu hi junoon, tu hi karaar

you're the passion, and you're the peace too..

taare saare ke saare
thagne lage hain ab mujhe
din mein sapne dikhaane
lagne lage hain ab mujhe

all the stars have begun to cheat me..
they have begun to show me dreams during the days..

tu bandhi zanjeer hai
tu kasakti heer
dil kare tere liye
rakh doon dil ko cheer

you're a tied chain,
and you're the aching lover..
the heart wishes that for you,
i rip my heart apart..

tu thirakta teer hai
do dhaari talwar
dil kare hanste hue
le loon tere waar

you're the dancing arrow,
the double edged sword,
the heart wishes that I take
all your attacks with a smile..

aasmaan siyaah ghulne laga sa hai
baadlon ka dil khulne laga sa hai
tu mila khila din, raat dhal gayi
daag chaand ka dhulne laga sa hai
likh diya dil ki kalam se tumhara naam
baandh ke taaveez main pehnoon subaho shaam

the dark sky has begun to dissolve,
the heart of clouds has begun to open,
when you met, the day blossomed, the night ended..
the spot in the moon has begun to get washed (and the moon is clearer)
i have written your name with the heart's pen.
Now i wear it day and night as a talisman..

tu jale to din chadhe
tu bujhe to raat
dil kare kurbaan karoon
tujh pe apni jaan

tu hi junoon, tu hi karaar...
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
An explosion of emotions...
I felt that pang these two fictional persons went through at a point in the story and some of my most favorite scenes.
Have said it before, Bravo MAESTRO 👏
indi52 thumbnail
awww kizh, thank you.. so it is not clumsy boring pretentious gimmicky crass?

actually nothing with them ever is.
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

awww kizh, thank you.. so it is not clumsy boring pretentious gimmicky crass?

actually nothing with them ever is.

Was watching it again. That last few bits, "jab jab bura kaha" in that lovely voice of hers, a whole love story got told don't you think? Why is it so difficult to walk away from these two?
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

that last bit is a love story... every bit is one... when i heard her voice on the heer ranjha episode i knew this had to be part of the piece... so i just added it on where i thought i'd end and the black and white visuals wafted in... effortless this whole thing... hear sound and picture come, see picture and a sound suggests itself...

she says after that, walk away... as you always do, aaargh another love story... sanaya was so good with her voice, when they let her be.

walk away, kahey kizhiya kahey? too few things to dream with in my planet... me no walking.

aarwen thumbnail
Episode 321
Oh no.. nahii.. not.. The first scene has the man drive upto the house his patni is in. The exclamations is because he no longer glides through our screen in the white SUV.. It is a modest looking car now. And the man himself looks tired, hair gelled, but a little too long, and eyes bleary. He is after all being asked to stay away from his legally wedded wife, and she going through almost a form of torture and lots of unnecessary name calling, what should we expect!

There was a time when his calls meant the rakshas was angry and Khushi Kumari Gupta's life was about to take a hellish turn. Then came a time calls would mean he was worried or he cared because koi farak nahi parta dammit. Soon his calls were giving her acidity attacks. In the peak of worry a bereft Khushi had cried tears of happiness and deliverance when he confessed.. "I love you" on a pphone. 

Today his call doesn't bring panic or chaos, just a stead constant assurance of presence. They start off as if the conversation never did end between the two. So what if she has been forced to leave his house, his room? He even mumbles in that intimate sort of voice he seems to use whenever he talks to her, like it is a conversation just meant for those ears. Sometimes I feel I am eavesdropping, even regular lines sound that precious. 

He likes her with open hair. So that's why with complete right he had freed them after the teri meri dance! Maybe his love story with her unbound tresses started one stormy night in the guesthouse when she was wild in anger.

He led her to sit on the edge of her colorful bed. He spoke about all those times we have been indignant on her behalf. His voice, full of gravity, contrite, sincere. Right from that first night, to the office, to the whole Shyam debacle. He remembers all the times he has made her life miserable. And he does remember it all, because soon he will also confess that right from the very start each time he hurt her, he hurt himself too.

She tries to stop him. Gets a little worried too, why does he have to bring up all this? Khushi does not really bear grudges, at least not consciously. And she does not want to dwell on the hurt, but he has always met the unpleasant moments of life in the eye. And so he has to lay bear what is in his heart.

He stands up slowly, voice still soft, eyes reflecting whirlpools of feelings and holds her hand and says sorry. This time he didn't need to practice. This time he didn't need her to ask him for an apology. This time he does it himself. He does it because he wanted to take responsibility of the hurt he has caused this loving sweet girl. "For every single time".

And she listens, her heart melting. How can you bear grudge, even the slightest at such a genuine apology? At someone who with such disarming innocence owns upto to having made mistakes and wrong choices. And who cares about you so very infinitely much.

She cradles his face with her pretty fair fingers and says he needn't say all this.. "kyunki hum jante hai aap humse bahut pyar karte hai.." and a minisecond pause.. "dammit" . I had forgotten she said it. Made the moment so much more special. They are talking of very serious mistakes, a marriage was broken, another forced at the very least, because of these, and still now it has lost the venom to hurt even in the slightest. They can smile and there is no pain, because there is only love dammit.

His redemption. A sense of freedom from the struggles of the past. He is ready to marry his wife. And now only good things will follow or so we thought.

Dadi.. Aah.. Haven't spoken about her at all? Why did she have to come to our show? And how did she have this irrational strong dislike for Khushi from the very onset? And more importantly how dare she disappear from Anjali and Arnav's lives when they actually needed her and come now and act like her word is law and that she cares?

Garima.. I really like her.. And I have said before that the actress who played her was cute at times, scared of the high class tacturn damadji, and then just as good at crying quite wretchedly. But she knows who dadi is and tries to hide it, not tell. However scared that is never the right thing to do. Makes me wonder, isn't that similar to the choice Khushi made. For someones happiness, in this case her daughter's she kept such a grave truth hidden. Her very own damadji, who she knows for a fact, has deep scars about his dead mother. She knows he can't call anyone else mother and she also knows how much he loves her daughter. Does he not deserve to know the truth from her?

If I conveniently forget this is that irritating self pitying Anjali I enjoyed the teasing of the siblings. Of course his comeback was just perfectly ASR. "ha toh?" Why should he be such things as shy, he went to meet his wife after all. Pati jo hai. So tease you can, but he will remain apparently in control and calm. And I say apparently, because this snaka lovely girl has already made him lost complete control. He smiles and is care free. He is in love and if the world wants to watch they can go ahead and see.

Interestingly Anjali says the same dialogues she said a few days earlier in very different dramatic circumstance.. Love changes you.. Luckily she is smiling this time... phew..

Of course this is IPK coming to an end.. There is nani to bring down the show.. And also Anjali's fragility.. She has to cough..he has to act all concerned brother.. Me bored..

Okay I declare dadi is insane. Nani is right she hardly even knows Khushi then what's all this crazy hyper refusal to wedding about?

"Nani main shant rahunga agar dadi shant rahegi toh".. Have I said how much I love the character of ASR? You go ASR! Talk some sense into your highly unreasonable dadi.  

My first edit for dadi and ASR. He has brilliant body language around her. A little reverence I feel that comes from the small boy used to touching his grandmothers feet. Perhaps the matriarch head of the family that he knew as a child. And yet now he is his own man. His idea, his thoughts. And he will not give up his convictions just to blindly please an elder of the house.

There is a man in the same house, who lets his mother say all she wants to his too demure wife. Akash Singh Raizada. And then there is Arnav Singh Raizada, who does not even want to hear a word against his wife's family, because he knows how genuinely nice they are. 

He yells a little at Khushi on the phone, throws his weight around, completely natural. Just because he apologized does not meet he will become simpering sweet and thank devi maiyya for that. I like him this way. haha well I guess that is something that is hardly a new thing to say. I like him any which way.

He has no qualms in declaring to dadi, lucid and to the point. He loves Khushi. An orphan just like him.

He had been sure long ago that no one would understand the pain inside him, and then came a bright spirited girl who spoke of positive things and who turned out quite similar to him really. He found the person to whom he could belong and she found someone who belonged to her.  Marriage, contract marriage, no marriage, remarriage they both are part of each other. Complete each other.

aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 321

i forgot to mention one thing... there was that moment when asr said, khushi is an orphan... like me.

i felt a pang. they had many points of connection... the sanak, the gussa, the sexiness, the love of fam both had, the straight forward action oriented attitude (when khushi was not getting completely confused between what is the right thing to do and what the tv serial thing... actually, the character she was, if they wanted to create a situation which would make her hold back the truth about shyam, it had to be written much better than this... this anjali quaking at the sight of torn mangalsutra and khushi therefore keeping quiet despite continual creepy lechery by shyam, just did not make sense, very weak muddleheaded women might do such things, but not the khushi i met initially)

anyway, back to where i started... that being orphans both of them... there's a connect point there too... they both understand things perhaps people who have grown up with their own parents do not... there's a fragility and a need in both.

and that feeling... she is like me... a sense of identifying, of empathy... of course barun managed to make it sound much more than that and i thought of our chat about heer ranjha and the sufi idea of the lover becoming one with the beloved... i am her and she is me.

at one level i think lovers do become like that... you hurt one, the other cries, you please one the other smiles... their is a melding a becoming one.

I was just writing a little about the orphan connectionin my take and wanted to come talk to you too indi di. 

I had once discussed with indu di I think about episode 80 81. how wonderfully the scene had been set.

Khushi who was convinced this arrogant infuriating man was a complete rakshas was shown to buy pigeons and be kissed by a little girl. a stranger. For Khushi goodness mattered immensely. And suddenly all her inexplicable but undeniable attraction to this man must have been sprinkled with a touch of gossamer niceness. He was not bad after all. that he cared deeply for his sister had left Khushi almost in awe and now something even more unexpected. He could make strangers happy too. 

And for ASR since a long time he was most definitely cut out from the world. He had just learnt to live alone. He did know the girl was gutsy and looked gorgeous in red and believed in fate and all that di kind of stuff, but when she said she understood his pain, she actually did. I remember his look as he watched Anjali hug a crying Khushi. She was an orphan too. The moment I think he found another connection. Not just maddening attraction, not just in his lips that wanted to smile, but his ma. She had lost her ma too.

This story gets told at so many different levels. There is wonder and playful lightness and then there is an intensity and ardour that is almost spiritual. There is love.