wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 9 years ago
https://i.imgur.com/6v6ZYvc.png

https://i.imgur.com/raTo3Gy.jpg

Mahabharat Is Not Only The Story Of The Family Feud Between The Kauravas And The Pandavas. It Is The Story Of Our Bharat, Our Mahabharat. It Includes Many Stories That Have Been Added To The Main Epic, Over A Period Of Time, Which Represents All The Historical Periods And Contains The Emotions, Joy, Pain And Love Of All People In India, Right From Kashmir To As Far As The Kanyakumari, Which Is Indeed The Mahabharat.

This Is A Small Try From My Side, To Pen Down The Greatest Epic Of All Times. I Hope My Friends Over Here Will Like It.

My Introduction ? I Am Proteeti Aka Radhey...I Am Mostly Active In Th Star Plus' Mahabharat Forum And The Mythological Masti Forum...And, Most Importantly, I Am A Head Over Heels In Love With Kanhaji, My Lord Krishna...

I Don't Really Have Words To Thank The People Who Ended The 2nd Thread Too, And Helped Me To Achieve This Third Thread ! Thank You So Very Much Friends !

Please Scroll Down For The Index !

Edited by Radhikerani - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Part 24

https://i.imgur.com/EV4aVvT.jpg

Govardhan Dhaaran

In Gokul, A Lot Of Preparation Had Been Going On For Some Kind Of A Festival. One Struggled With A Garland That Needed To Be Suspended, One Carrying A Huge Plate, Trampled Upon A Rangoli Design Thus Upsetting The Girls, One Pulled The Tail Of A Calf, Causing It To Run Into Balraam, Who Dropped The Water Pot Nearby And So On. Krishna Was Much Amused To See All The Hullabaloo. He Went Up To The Little Crowd Near The Old Tree, And Asked, "Baaba, What's All This Going On ? We Just Celebrated Navaratri And Dashahara, Right ?" Nand Picked Him Up And Replied, "Yes Kanha, We Did. But, Today, We Will Offer Prayers And Special Gifts To Lord Indra, So That He Blesses Us With Rains, And Keep Us And Our Livestock Healthy."

"But Baaba, What's The Need Of Praying ? Its Indradev's Duty To Give Us Rains, We Needn't Wail At Him ! It Might Upset Him, That We Haven't Any Faith On His Sense Of Duty !"

"Okay, I Understand Our Little Genius, But Now That We've Started, We Can't Stop, Right ? It Will Spoil Everyone's Mood !" Said Uncle Raamlaal.

"Yes, That's Great Problem Indeed. Well No ! It Isn't, We Need Not Stop This. Let The Preparations Be The Same, Just Change The God !" Exclaimed Krishna. There Were Many Grunts Of Disbelief. Krishna Put On An Expression Of Comical Dismay, "Didn't Understand ? Fine, I Understand. I'll Explain. See, Lord Indra Is Just A Servant Of The Almighty, That Is, The Supreme Power. This Supreme Power Is Present, Not In Such Deities, But Things We Consider Lifeless. This Power Remains Hidden In Such Things, About Which We Never Think Much. Like Water, Like The Air We Breathe In, Like The Crops We Dwell On, And The Green Grass On Mount Govardhan, Which Our Cattle Dwell On."

"I Think I Know What You Are Getting At !" Said Balraam, Joining The Little Group. Kanha Said To His Dearest Brother, "No ! I Said I'll Explain Means That I Will Explain ! So You Just Stay Shut Till I Finish ! And Don't You Dare Interrupt Me Like That ! So Good It Was Going, And Now I Forgot What I Just Said ! Huh !"

"Fine, Kanha. You Were At Cattle And Govardhan."

"Oh Yes, I Was. So The Main Thing Is, From This Year, We'll Worship Govardhan, The Lord Of The Mountain, Who Sustains Our Livestock And Therefore Our Lives."

"True, Son. I Agree, What Ho People ?" There Was Immediately A Roar Of Approval From The People. They Couldn't Even Dream Of Disagreeing With Their Darling Little Prince.

Next Morning They Went To The Foot Of The Mountain, And Traveled Around It On Foot. They Sang Songs Of Praise And Offered All The Food To Lord Govardhan. Krishna Didn't Want To Disappoint The Cowherds As That Would Mean Them Going Back To Indra. He Shifted To A Corner And Whispered To Yogmaya, "Help Me Darling ! Won't You ?" The Next Moments The Villagers Looked On In Amazement As The Lord Of Govardhan Appeared In Front Of Them And Blessed Them. And What A Surprize ! The God Looked Exactly As Their Kanha ! Their Eyes Automatically Turned To The Naughty Boy. But He Was There, His Hands Folded, As Amazed As Everyone ! The God Stretched His Tongue And Took In All The Food Offered To Him.

On The Other Hand, Lord Indra Burned With Jealousy When He Saw This New God Taking All That Was To Be Offered To Him, The King Of Gods ! He Was Terribly Vexed At This Insult Of Him. He Decided To Punish Them.

He Called All His Cloud-soldiers, And Along With Them, Rushed To The District Of Brij, With An Intention Of Wiping Out The Place With His Wrath. He Started To Shower His Clouds All At Once. Krishna And Balraam Were Sitting At The Verandah, Watching The Chaos. Krishna Said, "He'll Never Learn ! The Previous Indra Did A Lot Of Wrong Things, But He Actually Cared To Note Where I Incarnated And In What Form. God Only Knows Who Chose This One !"

"Well, Well, Well ! Did I Just Hear You Praying To God ! My God ! You're Becoming More Of A Human !"

"Dau, This Is A Signal, That, I Am Going To Do Something Extra-terrestrial Right Now. You Know, It Always Happens To Me, This Being-Extra-Human-eria, Whenever I'm Going To Do Something Huge !"

"Fine, I Understand. But What Exactly Did You Mean By Extra-terrestrial ? Don't You Say That You're Going To Go Up And Fight Indra !"

"Good News For You, Dau, I'm Too Bored For That ! Lets Try Something New, What About An Umbrella ?"

"Is It New ? For You ?"

Krishna Laughed And Ran Down The Stairs. He Stopped Right At The Third Last Stair. There Was Water All over. There Was A Lone Branch Of A Tree As Well. "Maiya, Is The Water This High ?" Asked Kanha. "Yes Dear, As High As You Can See Now." Said Rohini, "Now Quickly Jump Down To Me ! I'll Take You To Nandbhai And Then We'll Think What To Do ?"

"You'll Think ? I've Thought. BAABA, Get The Carriage Ready, We Are Going Back To Govardhan."

"GOVARDHAN ? HAVE YOU GONE TRULY AND SERIOUSLY CRAZY ?" Shrieked Mansukha While He Tried To Dry Himself Standing In A Pool Of Water Inside The Room. "No, Not Till Now. But One Is Bound To Go Crazy, With Friends Like You Are Around. Now Where's Baaba ?"

At The Foot Of Govardhan, The Villagers Stood Panicky As Water Rushed Down The Hillocks Around Them, Krishna Told Them, "Now, Everybody, Close Your Eyes, Fold Your Hands And Pray To The Lord Govardhan To Save You. Don't Worry, As He Will." Then They Heard Kanha's Cry, "Hey, People Come Under, Before The Waters Reach." They Opened Their Eyes To See The Muddy Boy, Holding Up The Hill On The Little Finger Of His Left Hand. The People Rushed In Thankfully. By Yogmaaya's Grace The Water Was Directed Back In All Directions, Away From The Lowland Beneath The Govardhan Mountain. Indra, Even On Using All His Powers Was Unable To Destroy The Mountain.

Just Then, Krishna's Eyes Fell On A Little Bride Who Was Looking At Him Awestruck. Her Palanquin Bearers Had Fled Leaving Her Alone. He Opened His Mouth To Warn, But The Boulder Was Faster. He Closed His Eyes In  Pain. He Couldn't Possibly Move From His Place. His Mind Traveled With The Poor Soul Up To The Heavens As Millions Of Scenes Rushed Through His Mind. A Melodious Voice Rung...Maa, Mhaaro Beend Kun Hai ? Laado,Thaaro Beend Aapno Kuldev Giridhaari Hai...Mhaara Re Giridhar Gopal Dusraa Na Koya, Saadha Sakal Lok Joya Dusra Na Koya...Gadh Se Toh Meera Bai Utari Kadwa Leenu Saath, Chahe Toh Chhode Meera Merto, Pushkar Nhaava Jaaye...Laage Meeroji Khaara Mhaayar Baap, Mhaayar Baap Chautho Vans Rathore...Raaja Roothe Nagari Raakhe, Hari Rootha Kahaan Jaasoon...Vish Ra Pyaala Raano Dyo Mertaani Ne Paaye, Kar Charanamrit Pee Gayi Ji, Gun Govind No Gaaye...Hoon Toh Himmat Ki Kaanchi...Meera Charana Lagaichhe Saanchi...Chala Vaahi Des...Sunjo Biraj Nares...Chala Vaahi Des..."Kanha ! What 'Are' You Thinking ?" The Eternal Voice Faded Away. "Ah-ah Oh Nothing, Just The Justification Of Marriage." Everyone Broke Into A Laughter.

[Translation; 'Maa Mhaara Beend' To 'Vaahi Des' : Mother, Who Is Bridegroom ?...My Cute Daughter The Lord Who Holds The Mountain Govardhan On His Finger Is Your Bridegroom...Mine Is The Holder of The Mountain, And None Else, I Searched The Whole World, But There Was None As Worthy As Him...Meera Descended From The Fort (of Chittor) Taking All The Unpleasant Memories With Her, Now If You Want, She Will Leave From Merta And Go Off To Take A Holy Bath At Pushkar...Even The King Of Merta Is Salty (Rude/Disgraced?), Who Is Meera's Own Father, Her Father The Chief Of The Honourable Rathore Clan...One Can Leave The Country If King Is Angry, But Where Shall He Go, If The God Himself Is Not Pleased With Him ?...The Rana Sent A Bowl Of Poison To The Princess Of Merta, And I Drank After Washing My Lord's Lotus Feet With It, And I'm Still Alive...But Alas ! I Shall Always Fall Short Of Courage...Oh Lord ! Meera Truly Falls At Your Lotus Feet...Meera Goes To That Land...Hear Me Oh The King Of Braj...I'm Coming To That Land For Ever...]

Seven Days Passed, The Rains Continued, And Kanha Stood Like A Rock Without Food And Water, Holding The Hill And Occasionally Stealing Glances At The Girls. On The Eighth Morning The First Person To Wake Up Was Uncle Anant. He Smiled At Krishna And Kanha Smiled Back. Then  He Turned Back To See A Flicker Of Sunlight Round The Corner. He Quickly Woke Others Up, And Soon All The Cowherds Danced And Sang With Joy ! The Rain Had Finally Stopped, And The Sun Shone Brilliantly. Krishna Said, "Quick, Get Out Now, Baaba, Take Each And Everyone Of Them Away, To A Considerable Distance From The Hill. When It's Done, Give Me A Call. I'll Put This Down And Come." Soon Enough They Were Heading Towards Gokul. Krishna Laid In Mother Yashoda's Lap, While Balraam And Mansukha Massaged His Limbs. "Laala, How Did You Manage To Hold That Huge Mountain For So Long, That Too With One Finger ?" "Maiya, That's Only Because Of Your Prayers, That Lord Govardhan Made The Hill So Light That I Could Hold It On My Finger But, Indra And His Clouds Could Not Even Scratch It ! Now You Understand, Why I Told You To Worship Lord Govardhan ?" Krishna Had Already Ordered Yogmaaya To Reverse All The Destruction Inside The Village So That The Villagers Wouldn't Have To Worry About That. The People Thanked The 'Lord Govardhan' Again And Again, And A Temple Was Built In His Honour.

{I Have Used Bits Of Folklore Here, So Please Don't Pounce On Me For This. You're Allowed To Pounce For Any Other Reason That You Can Think Of. The Memories, (Except The First Two Ques-Ans) Are Each A Line Of A Bhajan Of Meera Bai. The Songs Used Are : Mhaara Re Giridhar Gopal, Gadh Se Toh Meera Bai Utari, Raanaji Main Toh Govind Ke Gun, Mhaare Sir Par Saanwariya No Haath, Saanvre Rang Rachi And Chala Vaahi Des.}

Edited by Radhikerani - 9 years ago
Snow_kf thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Loved it.
Awesome update.
seetha74 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Radhika ..loved it dear friend ! Every story of Mahabharat evokes many special feelings and always very interesting to read ! Thank you Radhik a! Well written !👏
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Comment for Part 23:

Awesome Proteeti 👏 you made the Kaaliya Mardan scene very lively in front of reader's eyes 👍🏼 I loved Kanha's trick to make His dead friends alive 😃 you know, the 'Dekho Kaaliya ke phan par naachat Kanhaiya' is my one of the most favorite songs from SK & I very often listen to it 😊 actually Kaaliya's hoods are nothing but our senses which can even spread poison in our pure Souls like Kaaliya was polluting Krishna Priyaa Yamuna, if we can keep Kanha dancing on them always then they will never be able to bite us, that is the significance of this Leela, I think 😊
Loved Arjun's effort 👏 & yes, I was waiting for Karna's intro 😉 I hope you will show their relationship in Gurukul & aftermath 😊
Update soon! Can't wait for my another favorite Leela, Govardhan Dhaaran 😃 Jai Shri Krishna!
Edited by Urmila11 - 9 years ago
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Dear sister, I don't know what I should tell you after reading this!! You made me both laugh & cry at the same update!! The whole first part reminded me of SK again with Ashok's sweet face 😃 Lord Govardhan having Krishna's face & Krishna Himself is present with joining His palms, total SK effect the comedy of Kanha with Dau is AWESOME dear 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 esp the part where Kanha is remembering the previous Indra (probably that guy cheated Devi Ahalya, right?) & Dau is surprised to see Him behaving like a human 😆 also Mansukha's cute surprise & Kanha's naughty answer 😆
But you know, His memories of Meera's next life made me so emotional that I could not resist tears 😭 that Giridhaari Roop created the deep impression in that girl's heart & so she was fond of this form only in next birth, yes, I knew this folklore but did not expect that you are going to use this here!! Very very creative idea & very soothing for every devotee heart 😊 both Meera's presence & her bhajans gave this update an extra divine effect 😊 loved this update to the core, dear!!
Jai Jai Govardhan Giridhaari! 😊
Edited by Urmila11 - 9 years ago
Jayeeta_06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update...👍🏼...Arjun suspicious on Ashwatthama Guru Dron's son on how he reached at the first always...🤔...Arjun was angry on finding Ashwatthama'a pot larger than his one...😡😡...Krishna taught a good lesson to Kaaliya...😉👏...Kaaliya tried to bite Krishna but all in vain...😛😆...At last Kaaliya had to give up and Krishna pardoned him and they left the village forever...😎...loved it...❤️❤️❤️...waiting 4 next update......thank u 4 pm...😃...
ll_megha_ll thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Congratulations for new thread
LiveYourDream thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow you brought alive Kaaliya mardan for me! Very very nicely written and the Asvathama and Arjuna scene I can almost see it being played out. Beautiful update!!!