When Dhruv and RRudra Met Myrah

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
I hadn't really planned on doing a RReview anytime soon, but tonight's was a superlative episode that forced me to post, if only a mini-RReview.

The story started off subdued, low key and uber cute with Dhruv and Koel imitating Rudra at the breakfast table to restore his smiles, making me want to instantly hug both, especially Dhruv. Then we saw a slightly grating, rather-too-bubbly Myrah out shopping. Followed by the reason for the school-drop, phone-call, shoe-lace delay and the flying straw hat: Dhruv met Myrah!

The first emotional moment was a hit. Both their reactions were spot on. Dhruv shocked, lost and dreamlike. Touchingly, whispering 'Mummy' first and then 'Mamma' - what a poignant and accurate touch! A child meeting his mother for the first time, unsure of how to address her and trying out different versions. 

And Myrah's equally realistic reaction, for an unmarried, cool, single, for whom motherhood is still unthought of. Interestingly, we saw the double-take (for barely a moment) when Koel addressed Dhruv by his name that makes me think that the CVs might have something up their sleeves.

Dhruv's bedtime confession to his father of seeing his mother had a fresh feel to it. And I find myself pleasantly surprised by every single piece of acting by this child artiste, who defies labelling. Rudra's reaction too was just right - the shock, pain, tenderness, then the firmness with which he admonished his son, but not too harshly.

Which brings me to the Moment of the Day - the one we'd all been waiting for ever since the leap: When Rudra met Myrah. And true to type not only did he see her, but straight away became her protector. She tripped and fell, and he caught her. Held her. Felt her warm, breathing and alive in his arms. As though his Paro had come back to life; come back to him.

Come back in a series of mind-blowing memories in what I thought was the best part of the serial until then - the flashback. So many classic PaRud moments gladdening our hearts; yes even the memories of her death and funeral, now slowly being leached of their power to hurt.

But not yet for Rudra. And so we got our Scene Stealer: Rudra's shocked, disbelieving, overwhelmed, run away from insanity, from the ripping apart of scabs over a barely sealed wound. His drunken stagger out under the pouring rain, his anguish as he fell to his knees and screamed his pain to the skies to his Lord and finally let all his grief and agony out. We needed to see that. Needed to see him bleed for his Paro and know that that wound could not heal.

Tonight's was an unashamedly emotional episode that showcased the best of Ashish's acting, with Rishi, Sanaya, Meenakshi and Ananya backing him up superbly. 👏👏👏👏 to the cast and crew for breathing life into this episode.

Looking forward to tomorrow.😊

Edited by tvbug2011 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Superb review.. it makes me wanna watch this epi even more.. for one scene only, rudra breaking down..its so good to let it all out and pour the pain out, its a sign that he must move on.. it will be a hard and long road but e has to, for himself but also his son  that has to find out what is like to call someone mother and how it feels like a mothers touch..
Rishita.SIholic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Perfect review of the episode! 👏
sayuriforever thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved your review! Glad that today's episode brought you back earlier than I'd expected. 
There were quite a few amazing scenes-- Rudra-Myrah meeting and of course Rudra's breakdown. But what tugged at my heart was Dhruv's hopeful yet cautious "Mummy...Mamma". I wanted to comfort him right there.
Cara86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Love Every Word of your Perfect mini RReview 👏

The writing.. every emotional moment...Ashish...
All of it came together and pulled me in once again!

Oh I'm So Happy you came back for tonight's episode Bugs 🤗

Edited by Cara86 - 9 years ago
antiquegold thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Sabs exactly! Exactly!
I think bubbles belong in soap detergent and soda, not really in women!

So what do we know about Myrah apart from the fact that she is bubbly? That she has parents. That she is planning a wedding, in exchange for being handed a groom. Not very liberated or worthy of respect. Too accepting of her fate, just like Paro in the beginning. Nice enough, and kind enough, but ...bubbly! And, like I said, bubbles belong in soda and soap, not soaps! 

And I do not think Myrah is a girl. She is a woman. If she is capable of coming into a place and casing it as a possible wedding venue, then she cannot be a girl. In any case, few girls today get married before 25... A crazy number of the ones I know have spent their twenties single, so much so that I, who got married at 27 so many years ago, am now considered to have married ... Young... 😆. 

And for this reason, my wish to the cvs is, most fervently, CHANGE Myrahs clothes and Rudras clothes so that she has a little more gravitas. Would make her a lot more convincing! And you took that man... That man... Out of a heroes uniform and put him in those suits! Why? Why? 😆

The flashbacks brought home the stark contrast between Paro and Myrah, and the tragic similarity. And Rudra fears for his sons heart. And he pleads, and begs to Bholenath! Dont give him hope. Dont break him!

To me that scene was a briiliant embodiment of how parenthood can transform someone. He pleads for his bachchas heart, not his! 

My chest closed up, I could not breathe, such was the impact of that scene! 
rashika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Nice mini-RReview.
Ashish really did the show in tonight's episode.
svijaya77 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely lovely review...You've captured every bit of the episode so well with your words...I hope you'll make such posts more often...

I'm emotionally spent today...completely drained...

Dhruv-Myrah...exactly how it should've been...the mixture of wonder and shock on the boy's face..utterly heartbreaking...the dash of humor with the 'daravana pagdi' thing...I think it was a natural reaction by Myrah...

I LOVE how effortlessly Ashish has slipped into the role of a father...As you said, he was firm with Dhruv without being harsh...trying to the best of his ability to explain to his son why his mom will never come back...Expected, but still so sad that he still lives with the guilt of not having been able to save Paro every day.

Rudra-Myrah...The Rudra of yesterday, was empty, hollow, dead, lifeless...The memory of Paro' loss in his every breath...but still...only a memory.
Today that memory was brought to shocking, agonizing life in the form of this girl who is so like his Paro yet so unlike her...

I was blown away by Ashish here...He looked totally freaked out!! There was a point when I thought he was actually going to faint!! His eyes glazed over...like he was seeing a vision...the flashbacks were very well chosen...the look of eerie disbelief when he glances back at her while running out, was exactly the same as Dhruv's when koel drags him away and he keeps looking back at Myrah...How did the kid and the man manage this, is beyond me...

Then the moment which from now on I can forever visualize...it was so powerful...the breakdown in the rain...'Pehle use mujhse cheen liya...aur ab mera bachha...' The tortured plea to the Gods not to give such false hope to his little son...Gosh! I don't think my words can do justice to this scene...My throat closes up with tears every time I see this...

Looking forward to more such powerhouse performances...

Viji
LadyLucifer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tvbug2011

of. Interestingly, we saw the double-take (for barely a moment) when Koel addressed Dhruv by his name that makes me think that the CVs might have something up their sleeves.

Hi,

You're back 😃 Awesome review as always. 

@ bold...i was waiting for someone to mention it...when no one did..i was like..." Okay K  its just your imagination...its the silly moron inside you who's refusing to let go...imagination nothing else.  Thank god you noticed it too..😃 

Cant comment on rudra's reaction as i didnt watch the second half of the episode.. ( gone were the days when i used to watch a single episode twice or thrice ) nowadays i skip  ff   most of the time ( Im a coward)   Knowing ashish, it must have been one helluva performance..

Kate
Edited by kate_austen - 9 years ago
SingaporeFan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Loved the episode...was so emotional. Dhruv- Myrah meeting...the innocence and hope in the 'Mumma' was so touching. And the last rain scene...Ashish was beyond awesome...his pain and agony and his anguish for his son...could feel a Father's pain for his son. 

In awe of Ashish's portrayal of Rudra--- from an angry Jallad to a loving husband to sad, guilt ridden yet loving father...Just spectacular.
Edited by SingaporeFan - 9 years ago