Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varshitap thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello friends,
    It is so long...!!  I know the forum is locked.!!😕  But happy that you people are sticking around.
  I have been busy with kids at home having their spring break!!  Also packing things!! its so stressful at times...actually I have stayed here for about 14 years...and  there is a sort of attachment to the place and also some wonderful memories!! My kids were born here...I got my first job here...there were many first times!! 😆 I guess  it is difficult to just leave all these things behind...but life should go on. I have a small garden in my courtyard and ..the plants..I am going to miss them and also the birds...there is a strange relationship with all these things...I got to know that when I started packing!!😳 Hope I am not sounding like a kid!! 😳 Sometimes it feels I have not grown enough to let these things off me!!😆 I am leaving for India in the second week of April as we have a function and so settle down there..my kids will start with their new academic year from June..so I will still have time to adjust with the new setup.
   Hope all of you are having a nice time.  Take care of yourselves and do drop in to say Hi!
      Bye for now.

Kazimierz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: varshitap

Hello friends,

It is so long...!!  I know the forum is locked.!!😕  But happy that you people are sticking around.
  I have been busy with kids at home having their spring break!!  Also packing things!! its so stressful at times...actually I have stayed here for about 14 years...and  there is a sort of attachment to the place and also some wonderful memories!! My kids were born here...I got my first job here...there were many first times!! 😆 I guess  it is difficult to just leave all these things behind...but life should go on. I have a small garden in my courtyard and ..the plants..I am going to miss them and also the birds...there is a strange relationship with all these things...I got to know that when I started packing!!😳 Hope I am not sounding like a kid!! 😳 Sometimes it feels I have not grown enough to let these things off me!!😆 I am leaving for India in the second week of April as we have a function and so settle down there..my kids will start with their new academic year from June..so I will still have time to adjust with the new setup.
   Hope all of you are having a nice time.  Take care of yourselves and do drop in to say Hi!
      Bye for now.

Hi, my dear Varsha.  
Glad to hear from you when they close the room I thought that is the end and then I found this one so happy.  No you are not sounding like a kid you just been honest 14 years is very long and ofcourse it will take long time but all the beautiful moments and memories will  stay with you for ever so don't for get that  dear.  and the kids are young and will grow up and have found memories of the old place and make new ones once again.  There is no spring in Ottawa still is cold as usual and I have a thyroid problems for the last three years gained weight, losing my hair and very tried all the time I have the hypothyrodism and it's making me absolutely crazy and I work 12 hours a shift so I was taking lot of stats and vacations.  Alxamdulillaahi past two weeks I am doing good.  I have been watching new serial Million Dollar Girl and it's on Channel V the lead actress is Sana Amin love it but the channel V is crazy one never had before so wheneve I record in PVR cause it stars in Canada  7:00PM and they keep changing the programs so not happy with them I wish I was living in India lol.  I also watch Jamai Raja and Kumkum Bhagya it's very entertaining shows.  I hope everything goes well for you keep in touch dear.  Take care Varsha god bless you and your family. ❤️
varshitap thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZulekhaLLaKhil

Hi, my dear Varsha.  
Glad to hear from you when they close the room I thought that is the end and then I found this one so happy.  No you are not sounding like a kid you just been honest 14 years is very long and ofcourse it will take long time but all the beautiful moments and memories will  stay with you for ever so don't for get that  dear.  and the kids are young and will grow up and have found memories of the old place and make new ones once again.  There is no spring in Ottawa still is cold as usual and I have a thyroid problems for the last three years gained weight, losing my hair and very tried all the time I have the hypothyrodism and it's making me absolutely crazy and I work 12 hours a shift so I was taking lot of stats and vacations.  Alxamdulillaahi past two weeks I am doing good.  I have been watching new serial Million Dollar Girl and it's on Channel V the lead actress is Sana Amin love it but the channel V is crazy one never had before so wheneve I record in PVR cause it stars in Canada  7:00PM and they keep changing the programs so not happy with them I wish I was living in India lol.  I also watch Jamai Raja and Kumkum Bhagya it's very entertaining shows.  I hope everything goes well for you keep in touch dear.  Take care Varsha god bless you and your family. ❤️

Nice to hear from you Zuleka dear!!
      You know you just made me feel good!!  
      You know what!!  I had the same problem like you about 5 years back...actually my problem was more serious than yours!! I underwent a surgery to have my thyroid gland removed , my kids were too young at that time...It was a difficult phase...but my positivity got me thru.   I also had the same problems you have , but try to keep yourself busy, with exercises , walking , maybe jogging if you have time. Eat right, sleep on time and just keep away from stress and stop thinking about your hair!! All these tips will help you to get back . See that you maintain a healthy weight and stop thinking about hypothyroidism !! By the way take your medicines at the same time everyday...preferably early in the morning.  Take care of yourself and always be happy thinking of all good things in life. Hope you recover completely . It seems you work really hard!! 12hrs!! God that's really too much!!  try to reduce the load .  Happy that you have got something worthwhile on T.V!! 
  Thanks for all the wishes. Yes everything will go well  for you as well as for me!!
    Take care ...🤗 Stay blessed and keep smiling.😊
londonkababu thumbnail
Hello friends,
This month has just raced  past so fast. I can not believe that it will be Easter soon.  

Sorry to hear about the thyroid issues. I think that once these illness creeps  in it becomes very difficult to shake it off. I agree how ever that regular meals, medication, sleep and rest helps a lot.

I think we are all at a stage in life when stress is around us like a noose . None the less do try to help yourself unwind by whatever method that works. I like to go onto the treadmill as often as possible.

I have not watched any TV for a while now, but manage to watch Hollywood movies once a week. I watched,Gone girl. It's a thriller/suspense movie, Very interesting story, not suitable for kids.

We have the start of spring here in London, the beautiful daffodil flower is seen every where in the city. The temperature is around 7 - 10 degrees C, so nice but still jacket wearing weather.

Please do write when ever you can.

Jatinder

Kazimierz thumbnail
Hello, my buddies
@Varsha you made my day OMG you had that you must know how I feel it's dreadful.  The most helpful that I find is rest as you said.  The days I don't work I feel fine.  I used to be a runner not any more past seven years I did not run or did anything I just go to work, eat, watch tv and sleep that is all I do.  The good things is that it's less than 4cm that is when I'll need surgery to remove but for now is 2.71 the biggest one is and the when I am stress the nodules goes up to eigh or night and the days I have less stress acually it's about five or six.  now I take two drops of vegetable iodine drops early morning before I go to work and it's very helpful and trying to eat healthy.  Thank you so much for giving a hope Varsha god bless you take care dear and please keep in touch.

@ Jatinder I am glad that you reduce the tv shows me the other hand  tv is my company so after long day I need something wine the mind and body and also love the sofa lol.  Now I watch KB, JR and Sana is back to tv as new  show called Million Dollar Girl.  Gone girl is very good movie I hear and waiting to see on Demand it's one of the tv package i have with company that I am with and I don't have to pay extra so eagerly waiting.  I am glad the weather is getting better in London.  In here nothing is change yet and there is no sign of spring in Ottawa.  I am happy to see you guys so do keep in touch and take care.

@ Anu dear hope everything is going well for you.  I am so happy for you that your son got +A his exams the hard work paid.  Please keep in touch and drop sometime so say hi, god bless you dear and your family take care
Edited by ZulekhaLLaKhil - 9 years ago
varshitap thumbnail
Hello friends,
       Hope all of you are having a nice time.  I just wanted to share some happy news with you people, both my kids have got an A+  grade . I am on the top of the world!!😆 Actually there so much of stress and couldn't give my kids much time and was feeling guilty!! but they made me proud!! 😊
   @ Jatinder, well Spring with daffodils !! that's the best way to welcome spring!!   In India it is about flowers ...especially  Jasmine and mango flowers..and also in my home town it is about tender cashewnut fruits and raw cashews!!  We make a lot of delicacies with them!!  However Daffodils reminds me of William Wordsworth's poem" the daffodils" which is my dad's favorite. Enjoy yourself !!
   @ Zulekha, dear please take care. Better consult a good ENT surgeon if you have nodules. It is always better to take second opinion from experts. Have you done an FNAC ? Hope your problem gets solved without the surgery. As for me I did not have big nodules , but my surgeon insisted for thyroidectomy  as he felt it may worsen and it is always better to get it done when one is young as after some age we may have some complications. But see that you take medicines on time and keep up your metabolic rate. The problem is not that grave so take it easy and surely you will get thru. I heard some sea weeds and kelps help if you have iodine deficiency..also the morning sunshine is good for Vit. D as it helps Iodine absorption. Surely you will be fine.😊 
   I am away from films for the time being!!  I started watching " Kaisi yeh yaariaan " on MTV. its a young and a fresh show about friendships and love. Its supposed to be the No.1 show on T.V lately!!   I watch it for some light entertainment. 
   Anu is missing from the forum may be busy with her son's new academic year preps. Hope she joins us soon.
   Take care all of you and enjoy the spring!!😊

londonkababu thumbnail
Hello there,
@Varsha, Congratulations to the kids and and well done for all the efforts that you have put in to help them achieve such a high level of success. Yes we are indeed enjoying the spring, as from sunday night our clocks go forward by one hour, so we should get even more daylight. The trouble is that it is still cold and grey and dull. 

@Zulekha, my dear your spring will come soon, and hope that you guys have a nice hot summer. As regards your health just keep taking you medication on  time. I too have heard about seaweed therapy, please do check it out with your Doctor.

I am off of another meeting to Mozambique, in Central/ Southern Africa it's  a short  Business visit very soon. This travelling is very tiring and not good on the social life or TV serials,

@Anu, please do write when ever you can.

Please let's all write when possible.

Jatinder
ak75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hello friends 😊

I have a lot if catching up to do here. Been away for too long...

Varsha : Congrats to you and boys for the A+ Its a wonderful feeling of pride and happiness and its more since they managed it on their own 😃 Fourteen years !! Its a long time and quite heart breaking in many ways as you get attached to even the smallest thing around you. I checked the name u gave on FB. Is it the one with you and kids and beach in the background ? There is no 'Add friend' button. Your account is private. If u change the settings to public and let me know I'll add you. My son's new academic year has started and I was busy with covering books. He has a lot to study and need more attention. I have decided to watch only 1 show this year and that's enough to keep me busy on IF and FB 😆

Zulekha - Hope ur feeling better now. U msgd me on FB the day I was leaving for Kerala.  Varsha has given the best advice possible. Do take the proper treatment instead of suffering on a daily basis. I dont have much idea about thyroid. For me its skin and sinus and I have an awful time during winters. This year winter seems to be very long for you..Hope spring comes very soon. Take care and be happy. 😊
Jatinder - You have been travelling a lot and yes continuous travel can be tiring with less time for family, friends and entertainment. Glad to know you are doing well workwise. UK had a solar eclipse last week. My friends say its still cold there. Not watched a movie in a  long time. It was cricket this month . IPL will start soon and again its going to be cricket till june . 
Mahadev was ver  popular . It had a good run and it ended recently. 

Edited by ak75 - 9 years ago
varshitap thumbnail
Hello friends,
      I was busy...you all know why!!😆  Thanks for all your sweet wishes, yes My boys have thanked you people...they are still in party mood!!🤢  It is getting hot and dry here...I think it will be same in India too.   My time is spent on shopping (which I hate!!), packing and of course feeling sad to leave this place!!😕 Yes 14-13 years is quite a long time!! I finished my graduation and  I was here!! it seems just like yesterday!! There is a strong bond...with this place. I dont have many friends here as many have returned to India...only a few of them are still around. But I was actively participating in some social and cultural groups...and that I am going to miss. The only solace is that I am going back to my home town and going to stay in my house which Me and my hubby personally designed. Yet there are many things like furnishing yet to be done...lets see how it goes.
   @ Anu, I know how tiring it is to bind books!!  I have two loads every year!!😲 I have that work too after reaching India!! Hope you had a nice short vacation . Yes , I am watching KY2 for the time being...but dont know if I will get time after I am in India...even I have to apply for the internet connection there. About F.B yes that is the one with my boys and it is not a beach but a fun park here. Let me see If I can make some setting changes. If you can then please give me you F.B address I can send a request. About skin and sinus I know how terrible it is!!  For skin you try natural Aloe vera gel,
you can grow this plant in a small pot too. Apply daily and you will surely see the difference. For Sinus , It is good to take steam regularly and avoid cold foods. I heard even some yogic pranayams help. I am fortunate I dont have this problem , but many of my friends have.
   @ Jatinder,   yes travelling is tiresome at times as you have to deal with jet lag and long waits at airports!! 😕 But happy that your job takes you places and that makes it interesting. wish you a safe and a happy trip.
     @ Zulekha, Take care and enjoy T.V.  stay positive , eat healthy and stay fit. Actually the thyroid thing is a metabolic disease , so see that you keep your self busy in happy things and stay away from stress with good medical advice.
     That's it friends...I know I have written too much...but once I get time and start then ..its Blah Blah ...Blah!!😆😆😆 
   Take care 🤗 and stay Happy !!😃

Kazimierz thumbnail
Hi, my precious friends!!!
@Varsha I personally enjoy reading your positive and healthy conversations you are indeed a wonderful human being and I thank you the bottom of my heart for your advice.  Congrats to your children for studing hard and and achieve highest honor, making you a proud mother and I also proud of them masha-allah.  My dear you are blessed so stay blessed cause you are going to your homeland it's wonderful and will have your wonderful memories of 13 years in you a life time.  Make sure dear you take it easy when you packing take your time and use body mechanics you don't want strain a muscles  ok take care and keep in touch god bless you and your family.
@Jatinder sorry to hear the dreadful weather in London it's the same in Ottawa and tomorrow it will be snowing and raining too.  I am so happy that your job is travelling and meeting a wonderful people.  Enjoyed it and have safe trip.  Thanks your lovely advice and yes seaweet is great I eat that too now also take "cod liver oil" the best one Norwagian plus omega3.  I hated at the begining but I get used to it now and it gives me strenght.  God bless you and your family take care and keep in touch!!!
@ Anu thanks dear yes I am feeling better now and sorry when I mgs you you were already in vacation I felt bad that I did sorry dear at time I needed a friend to talk.  I am glad that you know about the skin and sinus thought cause I have discoloration skin since I got the throid problems.  So now I am taking one problem at time so when I finish with the throid I will ask you about the skin and sinus lol.  Take care and god bless you and your family keep in touch!!!! 

Zulekha