HP Quiz - This isn't MAGIC, it's LOGIC ;) - Riddle Nicknames

Priya_nv thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Welcome everyone πŸ€—. 

Before going further, I would like to clarify that the contents of this thread are not directly related to Harry Potter Universe. It is an auxiliary thread to HP Quiz - This isn't MAGIC, it's LOGIC ;)

The discussions here will be related to the members of The Clever Sphinx Association. So any new members who would like to participate are requested to first go through these threads

This will give you an idea about the existing member's talents in making and solving riddles. Your comments would be most appreciated.  

Existing members: For the last few days the activity in our HP Quiz thread has been maddening... the reason for and by which this thread came into existence might be confusing for some. A detailed explanation for this is in the second post.

Please do read the Disclaimer before proceeding:

Edited by Priya_nv - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priya_nv thumbnail

Howdy Riddle-masters πŸ€— 

The idea of this new thread started with Anirudh (Lumos) and Akash (Akash005)... πŸ˜†

Akash, the probie (with mad skills 😎) entered our little peaceful world and with his busting enthusiasm started posting riddles one after another πŸ‘πŸΌ. The activity in the thread increased and so did the bromance between Anirudh and Akash... πŸ€£

One fine day Anirudh posted a comment 

Originally posted by: Lumos

@akash.. thanks for ur wishes πŸ˜Š... good u thought i would say thatπŸ˜›...ur clever!! πŸ˜ƒsmarty pants!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†... ... ...  .πŸ˜†  ... Riddles enjoy karte hain!!! πŸ˜Š chal ab produce kar riddles Mr.Vending Machine!!πŸ˜†. im droping my hard-earnedπŸ˜† 10 galleons in you and gifting u a butterbeer!!😎... enough pampering now!!πŸ˜ƒ

And so Akash became our Riddle Vending Machine.  He then impressed Almas with his riddles and achieved another title.. 

Originally posted by: iluvOriginals

Ya im going..but i really wanted to know the address of Riddle factory..please PM me the Adrrss Akash.. i too wanna go thre n buy some good tricky Riddles

Twila, the senior member 😎 was initially foremost in the race to post the 10th riddle. With riddles fast coming out of Akash's riddle vending machine, the Jackpot competition (the result is now known to all of us) b/w them turned interesting πŸ˜ƒ. All riddle-solvers were in La-La land  and that's when Akash gave a nickname to me in one of his comments...πŸ₯³

Originally posted by: Akash005

Well , if ur answering success ratio is anything to go by then indeed it seems u r the answering machine! ..🀣.. I mean it in a good way though, I have been called a "riddle vending machine" and a "riddle factory" , it was a compliment..πŸ˜ƒ.. and now u r the "riddle answering machine"!..🀣

Me being me  couldn't let it go and suggested this...πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Priya_nv

riddle answering machine ??? I kind a like it..thanq..chalo.. we will give names to others as well and ask lumos to add it in the first page...πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

Lumos, Linaya and Akash thought the idea was great.. 😊 

And the story ends with another of Anirudh's comment..πŸ˜‰ 

Originally posted by: Lumos

ok here's an idea... make a NEW thread(sort of a subsidiary thread to this)  for riddle-nicknames discussion so that this thread stays in line and doesn't clutter... discuss about nicknames there...once all names are finalised, we'll post on 1st page of this thread, the names and link to that thread. 
how does it sound? u initiate it πŸ˜Š

So, my fellow potterhead πŸ˜Š
Now that the story is read πŸ˜‰
Don't waste time elsewhere πŸ˜†
Join the fun here with your share πŸ˜Ž

GREAT !!! .. so the thread is officially on now ...😊
Now let the discussion begin !! πŸ‘πŸΌ  πŸ₯³

πŸ‘  πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ‘
Edited by Akash005 - 9 years ago
Priya_nv thumbnail
INDEX

Member Name                                                                       Nicknames 

Quixotic5 (Akash)                          Riddle Vending Machine,  Riddle Factory,                                                                                         Brain Freeze                                                                                                                                                       Trend Setter, '9 yr old on a sugar rush!',                                                                                               Mr. Question Mark, Shining Star, SirQ 

beutifulppl ( Jolly)                             Beautiful Debut Machine

bookworm-ALS-- (Shreya)             Instant Riddle Machine

iluvOriginals (Almas)                   Sarcastic- No Riddle Machine
                                                                      Freggie

khushboo_kzk (Kushboo)               Madam-gives-riddles-and-disappears 
                                                                Bholi Bala, Miss Offline Mode   

Laugh.Out.Loud (Linaya)              Lazy Linaya, Happy-Go-Lucky

Lumos (Anirudh)                             Riddle Twisting Machine, Explanation Seeker,                                                                                        Clue Miser, The Sphinx, Brain Freeze
                                                                   Drill Master, Andy Bhaiya,

mehr05 (Mehreen)                          Ms. Gayab

-Memories-  (Shivangi)              LOL-ing Riddles Machine
                                                                   Miss Hello-Hi-Bye-Bye, Ms. Guest Appearance

QuietlyLoud (Anjali)                     Catty Riddle Machine                                                                                                                                     

Priya_nv (Priya)                              Riddle Answering Machine, Sharp Striker
                                                                Little Miss Know-It-All, Insufferable Miss Know- It-All

roshni_rj (Roshni)                     Visiting Answering Machine

twila (Twila)                                    Killer Riddles Machine, 
                                                                   Big Boss, Ms. Evans, The ROFL Master 

People, I am going to update this post regularly with the nickname suggested for each member. 

You can come up with apt names and discuss about them in this thread. In case, you are a secret admirer  and wish to remain anonymous πŸ˜‰, do PM me the name. I will make an unbreakable vow not to disclose your identity. πŸ˜ˆ

I am a true believer in democracy πŸ˜† and so the final Riddle Nicknames for each member will be decided by majority votes. 
Hmm, I think my new name should be based on my buzzing proby status..m sure that title won't b lost with changing times.. πŸ˜†
Roshni's name should also b based on her answering skills... hmmm.. thinking..

Twila's should be based on her senior status as well as amazing competitive spirit which always makes her to be at the top of riddle making game...thinking..
Priya_nv thumbnail

Originally posted by: Akash005

GREAT !!! .. so the thread is officially on now ...😊

Now let the discussion begin !! πŸ‘πŸΌ  πŸ₯³

Akash, not yet done with the thread...wanna help with it??? any more ideas??
Oops..did I just butt in while the main thread topic itself was in progress?!.. πŸ˜†
Yes I ll b coming up with my suggestions as n wen my tube light goes on..πŸ˜†
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Exceptionally Fab Thread!πŸ‘πŸ‘ i loved your way of putting two and and two to make four! 
i officially delegate the responsibility to you to design the first and second posts for ur Season 4 thread...πŸ‘ the third and fourth posts would be index threads as usual, and dont worry i would maintain it... ! 

u are a fantastic creator.πŸ‘.. see..im good at others types tooπŸ˜‰ besides the so-called-bromance! πŸ˜†

Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

well i dont like this Mummy dearest thing.. im a guy so think of some guy name!!