Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: sohara

In this matter I'm with ASR. I will rather prefer a live in relationship. But the problem is, before that my parents will kill me or disown me.

live in, live out... whatever you choose, sohara, if it's a lifetime thing you seek, better be warned it is tough toughgh toughghgh. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†but it is so d worth it. both labels... marriage and live in... suggest and promise things that reality may not serve up. the thing is that funny feeling you have for someone... the rest is just stuff. honestly, that has been my experience. 

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: indi52

made this for a friend. just sharing here.

Too good indi.
How cum it's not for me. But I'm going to steal it.
Thanks for sharing your marriage story. customs or rituals are really not necessary when two hearts unite. As you mentioned khushi here, then I have to say who will make her understand, as she is an orthodox. 
I'm glad that you had a surprised anniversary celebration. But what expensive gift you got from your hubby darling?
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Indi😊 that is some relationship which doesn't need any registration πŸ‘.As i was saying to Soha, marriage is a sacred thing yet the concept we are delivering, perceiving or practicing , that has flaws.This is a union of two souls, heart to heart, not just for physical needs which is basically is the soul purpose of these days marriages...

Jacob and your relationship speaks volume, how a Rabbi or anyone can deny that.The commitment you have that is a role model for everyone sitting there in that audience.That is a some proud and gratitude moment for both of you.πŸ‘

After marriage Man just loves kids some what and the woman is his need to satisfy and for a woman , she seeks her protection in kids as In laws or even her own husband doesn't even stand with her.That is a story of majority.πŸ˜•

So blessed to have you as a virtual buddyπŸ˜† seriously besides joke that holds a power for me .I salute you with Harrison Ford as I just love his movies.

aaa. okay, you are forcing me to be unfaithful to my one and only old man., han solo, harrison ford, i am weeping... with wanting and joy. oh oh oh. just look at the strangely beautiful man.

okay, now i shall read what you write, faiqa.πŸ˜ƒ

thank you for every word up there. but sach baat is it's not such a great deal... and actually i am a pretty not quite right wife and he is a faaar from perfect husband. but one thing is there.. that feeling we have for each other. really nothing else. and yes, neither one of us is basically "off" as people. flaws, plenty... but no real meanness or nastiness. that is hard to live with. and if you manage to, it sort of destroys you in the process.

but i do thank you for what you say about the virtual buddy thing ... and though i may rarely say it, because i am actually not the type to say nice things... each one of you is a gift to me. i mean just look at all of you... each one gives me so much... 

and you, my dear, are one red hot chilli pepper, may you always have the strength the joy and and that fabulously quick mind.

er, you too nuts about the ford man? i lau him. 

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

Too good indi.
How cum it's not for me. But I'm going to steal it.
Thanks for sharing your marriage story. customs or rituals are really not necessary when two hearts unite. As you mentioned khushi here, then I have to say who will make her understand, as she is an orthodox. 
I'm glad that you had a surprised anniversary celebration. But what expensive gift you got from your hubby darling?

take it take it, sohara.

all of barun is after all yours. πŸ˜†

made it for zitni... the same one for whom kate made her blue magic. 

my old man gave me a lovely pair of ear rings... a single alhambra four leaf clover motif in black onyx and gold from van cleef and arpels. materials wise it ain't pricey. but the design is pretty classic and heavy stylo. would have been just an expensive thing... but is more... mainly because i spent years looking at this design and wanting something alhambra. he surpriiised me with the chain a couple of years ago... now this. me happy shappy. i still remember fighting with him in new market in calcutta back in 1984, insisting he get me a chain with a pendant. it cost 20 rupees. he could barely afford it. he did buy it and i still keep it in a box carefully, precious it is and rare. this man has worked like a maniac to make his life work. i do wish him well... and may he get everything his heart yearns for. really. am telling him he must rush out and buy me more things. see, i am not an easy sweet person, hyuk.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

actually, it's a whole lot of fun. if you refuse to give in to what others say your marriage should be. i don't like the label. but i adore the commitment... the awful demands it makes on you... all the chaos... i do. i am weird. i also like the haq two people have over each other.

what do you mean you will not read this part of my ff?

but, i have all this work to finish.

what? work? you think my ff is nothing? how can you be so mean.

ok ok, let me read.

tell me, do you think a guy will say this to a girl?

no.

huh! how would you know?! i mean just because you won't... my asr will.

okay. fine. it works.

how is it?

lovely.

awww. really?

yes.

i mean like in really really, in absolute terms.

ye-es.

now this is a guy who er ah um does not read romances. poor baby. my right to make him suffer.

see sohara, it's what ya make of it. but that label... it spoils stuff.

Hmm,I'll think of your advice and Faiqa's too. As you are experienced in this matter.
Enough of marriage talk. I think I'm still young. First I have to finish my education. But if I get Barun, then i'll change my mind for sure.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

Horizon Kate, In di, Cyn, Faiqu, Sohara, Javeria, BD and all Blasters ⭐️I am so so lucky to have friends like you and i am so so sorry that  I could not read your messages wishing me/us a happy wedding anniversary. I tried to log in from my phone at shantiniketan but I could not connect. But i am feeling so excited and happy that I could read all your messages and accept all the beautiful flowers you sent my way before 12 midnight on the 15th! πŸ€—

But i missed out on wishing In di and dada a gala time on their 28th wedding anniversary on the 14th😳, a day before mine! Belated anniversary wishes mishti dushtu In di πŸ˜›and bhalo Dada πŸ˜ƒbut they are from the very barun of my heart,  πŸ₯³ so please do aacept them! 
The wistful longing for your hubby when you see him not and the fight in you when you do...he he...if that has taken you to the 28th In di then there is hope for me and my hubs too!πŸ‘πŸΌ Thank you for the Hemanta 'Tumi robe nirobe'. that version of the song from the movie Kuheli has lingered on in my heart too. πŸ€—

Soha how sweet of you to think of the song in the first place and for the translation. I know the words of the song are difficult but thank you so much for learning the meaning from your father and doing this for me!πŸ€—

Horizon thanks for sharing your 14dec 1985 mom's gift of veena . I, in fact we all would love to hear you playing the veena ! I am no good at instruments but I remember my parents gifted me a walkman on my birthday on 14jan 1985. It must have cost them quite a sum then  but they did it because I wanted to pick up rabindra sangeet  but was too shy to go to a music teacher. πŸ˜ƒ

Durgey thanks for the beautiful poem you wrote for my anniversary. Thankyou. I know that you and my Blaster friends truely care for me. That is why I feel so lucky and blessed. πŸ˜ƒ

Kate that for the pout edit of Barun! Do you think he is pouting because he could not come with me to Shantiniketan? Hope so! πŸ˜‰

Cyn, you are right my real Arnav is my hubby. He is as cool as him! And you are like a big sisterwa! The one with whom I feel I can share everything! Everything!πŸ˜‰

Faiqu thank you for your beautiful thoughts and wishes. And your deadwa barun edit. Since there are three obviously I am taking one! πŸ˜ƒ

Javeria thank you for the lovely glitters and the violet roses, my fav colour!How did you know! telepathy kya! πŸ€—

BD thanks for dropping in and for the special wishes that can only be relayed only from one sauten to  another. β€οΈ

I tried to do something for all of you, esp In di whose anniversary I missed. If you like it all credit to Supi who helped me learn this one!

touched me, that part in pink, wiwy.

how much our parents try for us and wish to improve our lives. and for us they will afford things that they themselves may not indulge in.

nowadays somehow there seems to be more money around... in many homes. expensive gifts, holidays, everything seems to be aplenty.

but something pristine and meaningful in those days and the parents who wanted more for you. 

regards to your parents. and i do hope you learned those songs.
indi52 thumbnail
if you get barun, sohara, don't worry i'll be there in a heartbeat and a half to grab him from you... heehee married who? and hone your youthful charms, dear one... because old is wicked and crafty and means to get what she wants. 🀣 Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

guru ji?

nahiiin.

nahiin nahin nahin.

me lunatic verbose old lady. bas.

haan haan haan.

samjhe, aap sab?

faiqa...you ze guru foreva (hyuk, how desperately i am trying to learn the new spellings).

wiwy,

thank you thank you. your bhalo dada and not so bhalo didi managed to not fight through the anni. actually had quite a decent time.

now that i've started, a very very personal and pribhaaate moment i am putting on a bhery bhery open thread.

yes, wiwy... it was a special day. not because we drank champagne... which at a friend's party we almost did. nor because he bought me an expensive gift... aww my old buddha ji actually did that too. got me these classic studs from, where is my sweet cynthia... van cleef... alhambra.

yay. i am a earring monster.

but the personal story.

on 14 december 1985, jacob and i got married under the special marriage act of india. as we belong to different religions this is the only marriage considered legally valid in india. and since my not being a jew meant there was no religious ceremony from his side and his being one meant no pooja paath hindu wedding rites, we never had any religious ceremonies when we tied the dhaga. only customs... and a legal certificate. two simple signatures on a piece of paper... and i have lost the original. 

this means in strictly technical terms the jewish faith does not recognise our marriage. nor i am sure does the hindu practice (so yes, khushi ji, i am not his patni because there were no pheras... so angry with you when you said that to asr. that your marriage is incomplete? marriages are made in the mind deeply, not by pheras... samjhi?).

anyway, jacob is deeply jewish and quite quite observant... yet, he has never ever asked himself if what he did with me was wrong. in fact i now realise that the very fact he married me and insisted we keep our faiths as is was a major thing.

you see, i am not much into organised religion, so it never mattered to me as such.

so on saturday, when i was sitting in the synagogue attending the shabbath lunch for my daughter's dearest friend's bat mitzvah, yeah i did tell a couple of my friends that today is our anniversary, but didn't make an issue of it. it was also my kid's other good friend's bday, and a boy's bar mitzvah.

very packed day for celebrations. many speeches, much cake cutting and singing and dancing and drinking, the bat mitzvah girl being of georgian origin, her family had flown in with wonderful home made wine, gallons of vodka and georgian sweets, a mad merry atmosphere all around.

and in the middle of that, rabbi gets up and says, well when it rains it pours, we have one more huge celebration today... indi and jacob's wedding anniversary. 28 years, etc.

i felt a huge amount of happiness, gratitude to the eternal, to everyone in my life, and i missed my ma in law. she was always a bit worried about that validity angle. she even suggested i try judaism. i wished she were here to hear the rabbi. a chabad rabbi, most orhodox, wishing us in front of the whole community. 

ties are undeniable. mere customs and rituals do not make them.

okay maybe rabbi was so high on the wine, he said dil ki baat, and in doing that he gained loads of respect in my eyes. 

sorry to have gone on.

i wanted to tell you all. tried before. then thought of  a million things and didn't.

but wiwy's wishes with that man's visage just said, go for it... dil ki baat had to be said.

hope you and your asr had a hot anni too. bless ya, wiwy ji.

Aww! Late again In di! Ad and all! What a beautiful special part of your life you have shared with me! I feel blessed. Did you feel a connect In di? Coz I know exactly what you feel. Marriage is not just ritual. But in the eyes of the society and somewhere at the back of your mind the question of validity lingers. I can imagine the joy that burst through your heart when rabbi acknowledged your do dil ek dhadkan togetherness of 28 years. What you knew as true so long in your soul he validated in the house of God. Even God has to bend down to true love such is its power.

Since you have shared this with me I want to tell you and all my friends on the thread that parents, especially mine were against our marriage because though we belong to same religion, we are from different communities. Then there was the major financal angle.Since my asr is my age, he was not what they call  "settled" and was frantically looking for a job. One day in july 1995 he called me and said, "Let's get married." It meant he had a job in hand! But salary was around Rs, 4000 and I was working as a part timer in a college. Betwn us we had all of rs 6000.
All we wanted was for our parents to give us a loan for a few months coz we were convinced that together we would make it in life. They accepted grudgingly. 
In December,the day of my mehendi my hubby got a huge promotion and a huge raise. And he has never looked back since. We have lived life like we wanted to since then, living our dreams, travelling the world.
Oh and six months after marriage I cleared the ugc national and state level test that made me eligible for lectureship and I got a permanent job.
Above all my parents and my entire family saw in him what I did and his family saw in me what he did! We got validity for a  belief that love can overcome all.
wiwy thumbnail

touched me, that part in pink, wiwy.

how much our parents try for us and wish to improve our lives. and for us they will afford things that they themselves may not indulge in.

nowadays somehow there seems to be more money around... in many homes. expensive gifts, holidays, everything seems to be aplenty.

but something pristine and meaningful in those days and the parents who wanted more for you. 

regards to your parents. and i do hope you learned those songs.

Yes In di I owe it to my parents...my first yearning so to say, my first love. But I am yet to learn all the songs of my master Tagore. There are so many. But I will. I wonder ofcourse if I will ever perfect them.
wiwy thumbnail

Originally posted by: IssPKaur

WIWY WIWY WIWY!!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!! 

Am I late?? Oh what the even if I am...this is your shaadi ki baat so I can say it anytime in janam-janmantar, no? 

Hope you had a lovely peaceful joyous time together on your holiday... Shantiniketan...wah meri wondrous  wiwy!

Khush raho hamesha β€οΈ Much pyaar my friend.

Late? Never Issk. You dont have to wish in black and white. I know you wish me happy happy happy hamesha, my hate monger with a dash of love! πŸ€—