It surely is time!!!!πŸ˜†
vandana.sagar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Cannot wait...please please update! 
mints23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Note : The paragraphs in italics are Arnav and Khushi thinking to themselves. 

Part 2

Seh na pau ab woh nazdeekiyan,
har taraf dikhti hai barbadiyan,
apni si lagti hai veeraniyan,
de pau bas tumhe ab main khamoshiyan...

It had been a week since Khushi had come to know the reason behind her contract marriage. The heartbreak had been unbearable. And even though she was an emotional wreck, she was Khushi Kumari Gupta, and she would conquer this excruciating pain. Overcome it because a man who she had once loved, meant nothing to her anymore. She would live for the ones who had always loved her without any prejudices, either of her being an orphan or her being a poor girl. She would fight for her family, and his because she would not punish the innocent. Unlike him. She had stayed back at Shantivan. She would for another 3 months, till the 6 months contract got over. Then she had decided to move out of his house and start her life afresh. She had already initiated her dabba service and was on the verge of finalizing a big contract for the same. That would keep her mind occupied and keep her busy so that she wouldn't bump into him time and again. Anyways, she hadn't seen him much in the last week and only once did they have an eye contact. But she had just looked through him, ignoring the pain that she had seen in those caramel orbs. Nothing touched her heart anymore. She was just a machine. But that is just what she thought.

I need to buy the groceries for tomorrow's tiffin. Maybe will got out to the market in the evening. Arnavji left without having breakfast today. Hey Devi Maiyya! Why can't I stop thinking about that man? Why does he affect me still, after all that he has done to me? No! I will not think about him. I have to also go out in the evening with Di. Maybe will try to give her some hints about Shyamji. She needs to be prepared before the blow hits her completely. Would Arnavji have taken his medicines? No! No! No! Stop thinking about him Khushi. Stop thinking damn it!

One evening when Khushi was sitting by the poolside, she felt Arnav come and stand behind her. She was about to walk away, when he had spoken to her. She heard him address her after days of a piercing silence. He told her that he had gathered enough proofs about Shyam, spoken to her family and called them in the evening at Shantivan. Today was the day that would mark the end of evil and he would tell his family about Shyam's deceit. She had been shocked. Shocked that he was actually about to hurt his heart and soul, his Di. He was about to give pain to the one person he truly loved. And why now? She wondered if he had been busy last week only to gather these proofs against Shyamji. Had he told her family everything? She was scared if he told them about their contract marriage too. Oh no! He couldn't. They would be shattered. She needed time to think through this. But she would not speak to him anymore. Would not request him for anything anymore. She will have to think fast before the storm blows over their families, devastating everything in its awake.

Di trusted me? She believed me over Shyamji? Hey Devi Maiyya! I could have saved so much pain to so many people, had I told everyone the truth earlier. Why did I think of Di to be so weak? I know she had been completely in awe of her husband. But why hadn't I seen the love and respect she had for me? And Arnavji had spoken so much on my behalf. He had defended me for every blame that Shyamji tried to put on me. My family also did not side with me as much as he had. I can see the guilt in his eyes every time he looks at me. But it is far too late. Or is it?

The aftermath of the storm was painful to comprehend. Nani, Mami, Akash were shattered to the core. They could not believe their beloved damadji could actually be so slimy. Akash was furious with Payal for hiding the truth from him. It seemed like one man had shattered all the relationships of the Raizada family. A broken Anjali  was so difficult to be consoled. Khushi had stayed away from her fearing that her sight would cause more pain and torture to Anjali. Khushi had witnessed the siblings find solace in each other, trying to be a support system for the other. Things were at their worst and now only thing that would happen was for the good. That scum was put behind bars and an infuriated Arnav had made sure that he be served the strictest of punishments.

Today it was so amazing to hug Di and cry on her lap. Even though she herself was broken she understood my hurt, my perplexity, my discomfort. She truly is a very beautiful human being. But why do I feel that she knows that this was the reason behind mine and Arnavji's hasty marriage? The way she asked for forgiveness, I felt she was asking me to forgive her brother. Oh no! If everyone comes to know about our marriage how am I going to be able to leave this house? Things are surely getting complicated. And Arnavji, he is being so distant. I am happy that he is staying away but I feel like this is just a drama before he makes his strike. There is something that surely is going on in his head. I wonder what.

Khushi and Arnav's relationship remained a silent companion through the tough times of the fmaily.. She had taken to her dabba service full time. She would return very late in the nights and leave early in the morning before he could wake up. The silence in their room was suffocating her now. As a person, she was never the one to keep quiet but she could never forget the hurt he had given her. She had been observing him changing over the past few days. The way he started staying up much later than usual so he could see her before they slept. The way he cared for her family and was taking babuji's treatment very seriously. The way he had mellowed down drastically without so much as raising his voice on AMan or HPji. But he had never spoken to her directly. She could sense his hesitance, she could feel his inner turmoil. Was he trying to make up? Was there still hope?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arnav was a changed man. He had broken all the walls around him. He would reflect the emotions on the face that he felt deep down. It truly had become a necessity now. He had decided to show the true face of that scum Shyam. Even though he knew his Di would be devastated, he had to do it to save her life and his too. For once he needed to be selfish. Shyam had hurt the two most important people in his life, Khushi & Di, and he would have to pay for it. He gathered all the proofs required and put them forth his family. He could see the shock and anguish in their eyes, but it was necessary. The satisfaction of putting Shyam behind bars had been like nothing else. He had to tend to a broken Di, a devastated family and a hurt Khushi. And he knew he would have to do it soon. He could see that Khushi had made up her mind to move on. He could read that she would leave him after the 6 months contract. He had 3 months... and he would win her back!

I wish I had used my brain a little when I married Khushi forcibly! Why did I believe in Shyam's words? And even after marriage she kept desperately asking me the reason for our marriage, and I never realized that if Shyam really was dating her she would have known it. Damn it! I have been such a fool. My anger had blinded me to such an extent that I lost the difference between right and wrong. I hurt Khushi just like Shyam. How does it make me any different from him? Why did I not cross-check what Shyam had said before acting so hastily? My anger has ruined my life, my happiness, my Khushi! But I will win her back. I have to win her back. Now she is my priority. I have freed Di from the evil clutches of Shyam. Now she has to take charge of her life and I will of mine.

Arnav had seen his distressed family. He had seen what Shyam had done to them. But at this moment all that mattered to him was Khushi. She had been supporting her family through these tough time. She had been the pillar of strength throughout. How did she do this when she herself was so broken he wondered? But he did not miss the lost sparkle in her eyes. The way she averted her gaze from him. The way she stiffened when he would be around. These days he observed everything about her. He had witnessed the heart wrenching conversation between his Di and Khushi. These two women were actually much more stronger than him. He had seen the tears of happiness in her eyes when Di had hugged her and asked for forgiveness. He had understood in an instance that Di had figured out the reason of his hasty marriage to Khushi. Arnav would have to act fast.

She looks so innocent while sleeping. She is innocent damn it! I was the one who doubted her. I know she has been running away from me. Getting up early. Sleeping late. But she does not know that I barely have caught a wink of sleep since the truth was revealed. I love looking at her beautiful face when she sleeps snoring lightly. Love the hopeful look in her eyes at the beginning of each day. I may not have spoken a word to her but she has suddenly become deaf to my heart too. She can no more hear what it has to say. I will change that. Make her believe in dreams again. Make her believe in love again. Make her believe in me again. I will have to tell her what I feel about her. I want her to be angry at me. I want her to yell. I want her to push me, argue with me, make me beg for forgiveness. I want her to vent out all her sorrows. I want her to feel again. Feel the hurt, the pain. And with that I want her to feel my love for her that overwhelms my heart.

As Arnav took charge of the work that had been pending for a while. He had immersed himself in revealing Shyam's dirty tricks from the beginning of posing as an unmarried man to living in Gupta House. He also had an inclining that he had got something to do with Khushi's babuji's illness. The way babuji reacted when around Shyam was enough to aggravate his suspicions. Now that the Shyam chapter was over, he had made up his mind to make every possible attempt to make Khushi stay with him forever. He had almost 3 months and that much was enough time to make her realize the love that he felt for her from the first time they met. Life had played a cruel joke on him. The pain and agony of his childhood was replaced by the love that he felt for Khushi. And then one night changed it back to pain and agony again. He had seen her notice him for the past few days. She looked at him as if she wanted him to talk to her. The silence seemed to be killing her as much as it stabbed at him. This had given him a slightest ray of hope. Yes, there was still hope.

Har pal jo ki thi gusthakiyan,
dard se sisakti woh kurbaniyan,
khushi ki hai bas parchaiyan,
kanon mein chubhti hai khamoshiyan...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life was getting back to normal at Shantivan. Anjali had decided to join AR Designs to occupy her mind and decided to do something fruitful of her life. She had an added responsibility of her baby. And Shyam's deceit was not worth spending a lifetime crying over it. She had abandoned all pooja's and vrat's. They did not serve any purpose. But she kept her faith in God, because whatever he did, he did it for her good. And looking at a positive Anjali, the whole family had soon resumed to their prior life. Yet all of them had noticed the glum faces of Arnav and Khushi. They had seen both of them trying hard to pretend that everything was normal between them. Anjali had guessed what the reason could be and she had shared it with Nani and Akash. Anjali had seen a lifeless Khushi immersing herself in work to forget all the pain she was hiding. Who better could understand Khushi than her? But she had also seen her chotte steal glances at Khushi during breakfasts and dinners. She had noticed the drastic change in his temper and attitude after the Shyam fiasco. She has also seen Khushi's reactions to his slightest touch, or even his presence around her. They both reacted to each other like magnets. This had given her hope. Yes definitely there was hope. 

Part 3

Edited by mints23 - 8 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

vandana.sagar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Mints, 

After such a brilliant part 1, I was looking forward to part 2 desperately knowing fully well that you would not fall short in any way and part 2 would be as brilliant if not more...and baby you delivered...it was fantastic ! 

Khushi, I love how you have written her...bound by and to so many emotions and feeling to everyone she loves...and yes they all do love her back, some not so good with their expression, but love her they do.
I loved her inner turmoil...she loves Arnav with all that she has...so I can empathise with her...
I love how she is so brave and is picking up the pieces of her life...trying to recover from what was possibly the most painful experiences of her life to find out the reality if her marriage, an institution that she holds in such high esteem...to be accused of a deed that goes beyond her every belief ...by the person who she has loved the most ...unconditionally...in every fibre of her being...her heart shattered...but she will survive it all even though she feels an emotional wreck...she will get through it all for the people who she have stood by her through everything and his family who were not at fault...Khushi at even a juncture like this, thinks about everyone around her...
Her resolve to make her dabba service a success, stay out the next 3 months and most importantly not to love, think, feel, smell , touch or breath her contract husband...but ...as strong as she wills herself to be...those caramel  eyes...rendered her powerless! 
Arnav could not be less in pain than her ...and everyday he suffered more perhaps as along with his pain and suffering was his guilt and repentance ...for everything...everytime he looks as Khushi he felt it...his regret for forever ...for not trusting her! 

I so loved how you write her thought process...thinking about mundane things and out of no where she keeps coming back to Arnav...his medicines his breakfast...even her heart and head  in conflict with each other...her head thinking about her next steps ...her heart ...who else but Arnav...
I like how she wants to prepare Di for the bad news ...so it does not come as a shock to her...that is our Khushi...

I loved how he comes to her at the poolside and shares with her what he has been up to...how he has collected proof and his decision to unmask Shyam and expose him for the devil he is...her realisation that by this act he stands to hurt the one person who means the world to him..the same person who to protect he takes this hideous step of the contract marriage, she is trying to gauge his reason behind this move and the timing behind it...was if guilt? Repentance ? Love? Would this mean he would tell them about the contract too? And how the families would be shattered on hearing this...our Khushi still thinking how this will impact the rest...
Arnav knew that it was time for Shyam s true face to be revealed and he made sure that is what he would do...loved how he now smartly questions so many things he should have earlier done...he should have trusted Khushi...spoken to her ...dug deeper to know the truth before he made her the victim of his actions...which he is struggling to justify...I loved his introspection ...what was difference between shyam and him? They both caused the same effect on Khushi? 

And I so loved her surprise and was overwhelmed  by Anjali's trust and subsequently Anjalis love and respect for her...and thinking had she just told her earlier how different things would have been... She was also pleasantly surprised by Arnav standing up for her, refuting every accusation that was hurled at her...so much so that he really shone in he defence of her more so than her family too...loved how this part was expressed! 
Once again leaving her with questions about his reasons...she sees guilt and repentance and wonders is it too late...? 
Arnav only wishing he had made this move earlier ...
Arnav seeing this could not help feel pride at the two brave women in from him...who were clutching on to each other and trying to move on...he knew it would be  his turn soon...

Arnav finally realises that his anger ...possessiveness  and misplaced love for Di has managed to break his Khushi...he has put Shyam behind bars...and now if was time to take care of Khushi and give her the respect and love she deserves...
He knows she has made up her mind to leave...he can sense it...he does not need her words...but he is not ready to give her up...and never will be...so he decides he needs to win her back...patiently and forever..and.he will do what if takes in the time he has ...

I loved the visual created with your narration, the destruction  caused by Shyam which affected the entire family...the trusted almost son of the house...shamed every sacred relationship ...between husband and wife...Khushi and Arnav paying the heaviest price...Akaash and Payal...and Anjali...who lost the most...and finds comfort in her family and brother! 
He has taken care of Di...and now he needs to be able to forgive himself first before he can ask the expect the same from Khusi...
Shyam had managed to destroy the two most important women in his life...and he would not let him get away with it...
With Shyam in jail...the worst was behind them...now it was time for good things ...Khushi feeling happiness in small things but able to read more into actions ...di's laying her head on her lap and asking for forgiveness makes her feel that Di knows more and if she does then it puts her in a difficult situation and her plans to leave ...what happens to that? 
It's like Di is also asking her to forgive her chotey's actions...while the man himself was calm ...like before a storm ...she was sure some thing was cooking in his mind too! 
I love how he realises that Di has understood his reasons for this hasty marriage ...

The silence in the room deafening ...so uncharacteristic for her...but the pain in her heart welcoming the silence ...this time...
Even though her relationship with him seemed stagnant...she noticed all the subtly changes...him taking an interest in her family and their welfare... Arnav not screaming at the help...who normally he would terrorise...
He knew it too...and that was made it so beautiful...the way you portray both their feelings and emotions...
Loved how inspite of her being so busy he would stay awake to catch a glimpse of her before sleeping..him realising that she was running away from him...in all this the question remained was if too late for them? 

Khushi's indifference to him did not go unnoticed by him...as much as he tries it was like. He wanted her to feel and sense him again...to be free to dream and hope ...to laugh and love...he wanted her to get angry ..to shout...her innocence ..he finally wanted to take charge of his own life...I for one got  goosebumps while reading this...
The part where you write about his pain and sorrow for his childhood being diluted by Khushi ...the feelings from the day he meets her...to that fateful night...
I loved how he feels that babuji s reactions to Shyam makes him suspicious ...an intelligent Arnav ...just how he should have been...

I loved a brave and strong Anjali...who picks up the pieces of her love...gets rid of her blind faith...but keep enough to know she is being guided by God...loved how she realises that things between Khushi and Arnav are not her resolved ...and decides to take control...she knew pain and suffering so well and Khushi hiding hers was not working...even though Arnav and she pretended...but Anjali was astute enough to read the signs...chotey s change of behaviour...the stolen glances...the reactions to his touch ...she knew and believed there was hope ...there had to be...

Mints and C...this one is for you both! 

Edited by vandana.sagar - 10 years ago
Dee_J thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Edited!

Unknowingly, I resed 2nd? Not badπŸ˜†
The update was written beautifully as always!
Khushi's behavior is much expected. The hurt which she has suffered is not allowing her to forgive him easily, neither should she.
I am glad that here you have shown a strong anjali! She asked for forgiveness from khushi! That was a start of strong bonding between them, I guess :)
Now coming to arnav! Chalo am happy that at least he realised what a fool he had been & would amend his mistakes by his love & care for khushi <3
This was all I wanted to be in the show which never happened!
I wanted arnav to repent, a strong anjali & a determined khushi!
Sadly it didn't happened, but am thankful to you that you are writing as that :)
I don't get enough of praising your writing but it was worth reading & waiting for the update!
Glad u converted it into a SS.

Waiting for the next :)
Edited by dj_arshifan - 10 years ago
chitrajay thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
res

πŸ€—
thank u for continuing this one---
EDIT - just for you Mints and for Vandy!!!!
Love you, Hamesha!!πŸ˜ƒ

LIFE GOES ON'.by Khushi

A week now has gone by'.

Once bitten, I am surely twice shy.

Love that once was, now doesn't live here -

But go on I must, I have to persevere,

For dear ones, both mine and his;

I cannot let them fall into this abyss.

Three months more, and then I shall be free,

Till then, keep on I must ' my family and his to oversee.

Harden my heart, I surely must

Else, with pain, my heart will burst.

Our gazes meet, I dare show no emotion

Molten eyes ' how he hurts, needing absolution.

I look through him, turning a blind eye -

Going through the motions, not even able to cry

Never thinking of him - but no, I cannot lie..

He's in my thoughts, forever entrenched, I ask why-

Random cares, about him, in my heart reside.

Stop I must, this worry that I cannot hide.

Work is the best medicine, along with time

Will I get over him.. for my love wasn't a crime'.

An evening came, whilst by the poolside I sat

His voice I heard, after an eon of silence had passed.

His plans he shared ' for, to our family, we must now reveal

That the one who'd endeared himself to all ' was in truth, a heel

Deceiving and cheating, the ones he claimed to love

He had hurt one and all, nothing can save him now.

Stunned I sit, at the pain it will cause

The hurt, would be unbearable without pause

For him, for all'. and mainly for her, his precious Di

For things to be set right, he had been busy.

This surely is the calm before the storm-

I need to think, a plan I must form'

The truth once known, will certainly shatter,

Hearts and relations- I cannot let them scatter.

Trust when freely given, is truly a gift

And can help to heal every single rift.

Di's faith in me ' shows her love and her respect

Though hurt beyond belief, yet me, she wouldn't hate.

He'he protected me, do I dare believe?

Standing up for me, is what I feel, just relief?

What now do I read in those eyes caramel?

As shattered as I - is he in the very same hell?

One false man had woven a web so intricate-

Almost impossible to untangle, even for fate.

The pain, the ruin, the many knots of deceit;

Slowly, unraveling truths, 'tis no mean feat.

The worst now, has been put forever to rest -

Yet I stay away from Di, seeing me, hurt her lest.

In each other, the siblings, their comfort, must find

Ties strengthened, forever will they bind.

Life moves on - once again, a surprise she turned out to be

Her strength, her discerning eye, her courage - his Di

Having sensed my pain and his, she knows now the reason true

For our wedding, hasty and forced; till now none had a clue.

Her need for pardon- for absolution ' is it for her?

Or in a much bigger way, for her little brother?

Oh ' this can't happen, we need to clearly sort things out,

He is distant now, glad I am- but wonder what he's about.

Silences speak ' to me now, they are a close friend

It feels almost like the beginning'. of the end'

Time moving anon' changes being made

I watch'in silence'.how hurt doesn't fade

How can I forget ever'.this unbearable pain'

Yet to go on'.from caring, I must refrain.

Work takes me out early and brings me home late

Yet, until I sleep, to watch for me ' he does wait..

No words I hear, his eyes, his deeds ' they yet speak

Our hearts still beat ' but what is it they seek?

His concern for my family, how he shows his care

A change in him I sense ' is that hesitation, a turmoil there?

No more anger can I see ' is he perhaps, asking me to forgive?

Hope flutters' my heart, it beats, again wanting to live'.

HOPE'. by Arnav

Broken hearts that helped break the wall,

Of control, of fear, of feeling, of having to fall.

In life, when we are down, we learn to stand,

With or without a helping hand.

The truth of the evil, that dirty villain -

I must reveal, regardless of her pain.

I need to do this, to hurt her deep

So that she can break down and weep;

For only then can she rise over this tragedy,

And be strong and wise, forever with her family.

My two precious ones' he hurt them both,

That terrible man ' whom I simply loathe.

The law has put him away forever, never again to return,

Nor more trouble for any, will he ever churn.

Now to tend my two angels, strive I must

Di, I know, will survive- its HER, to whom I've been unjust,

I must help, I must mend every fence broken,

Although my deeds have left no doors open.

I see her distant, I know she wants to leave

Win her back I must, I have a three month reprieve.

Regrets for letting my anger rule.

Regrets for being such an utter fool.

Regrets for ruining a most precious life,

Of none other than my beloved wife.

Regrets for every bitter word and deed,

Regrets for not paying her truths any heed.

Regrets for not making her my priority,

For making her happiness a travesty.

'Tis time now, to change, to be a deserving man

Hoping against hope, to win her back, I'll do all that I can.

I hear only silence, where once there were tinkling words,

I see her eyes, she looks away, like a trapped bird.

A pillar of strength all along for her family,

All alone, by herself, supported them had she.

A light, delicate, tender rose that just cannot bloom

Instead seems sunk always in melancholic gloom.

Her sparkle lost, her eyes blank ' I simply cannot bear

Her tears, her hugs all for Di ' it doesn't seem fair

The truth of our marriage, known to Di now

I must change, I must act fast, to keep Khushi somehow.

Her innocence in sleep and whilst awake,

I truly was a fool to think she was fake.

She can barely stand me, always running away-

Her beautiful face, at the start and end of every day,

I dare not sleep lest, this sight, I should miss.

To feel the beats of our hearts ' she can never then leave

I need her words, her anger and that sweet passion

The pushing, the yelling, every bit of her aggravation.

To feel again, to hurt again and so on to love

She is my hope, my blessing from heaven above.

I need her, in my life, in my dreams, always

And will try hard to make her again believe

Slowly as life goes on, I see myriad changes

In me, my home and in life's blank pages

A space full of pain and anger, of betrayal and distrust,

Now is filled with feelings of love so robust,

Every cruelty vanishes, every pain disappears,

When she looks at me, with some hope and fewer fears.

The silences, the shadows ' do they hurt her as much as me?

My empty heart then fills, slowly with a tendril of hope'maybe'.

MInts, I have MORE...will update tomorrow

πŸ˜†

CONTDD on PAGE 18 (as promised)

"she" spoke to meπŸ˜† 

Edited by chitrajay - 10 years ago
Afya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Mints, That was superb πŸ‘. But then your writing always is.😊

Loved how strong Khushi is...a woman who knows her worth. But she is hurt and broken...the more the love, more the pain...can very much relate to how she goes into a shell (with regards to Arnav)...and yet yearns for him. It's indeed very hard to forget someone you have loved so dearly.

Loved the bit where Anjali asks for Khushi's forgiveness...indirectly on behalf of her brother. Anjali knew Arnav was wrong but she also could understand how her brother lost all his sense when it came to his love/sense of responsibility for her...

I like the calm and composed Arnav...he for once, seems to be using his head to think things through. If he had done this sometime ago, he would have saved so much anguish.

Love how you wrote his inner thoughts...His pain and guilt is obvious. 

Love how he noticed the lost sparkle in her eyes.

You have a long way to go, Mr Raizada to win her over. You had wronged her terribly.

And Anjali, now it's your turn to help your brother. 

Mints, Loved it. β€οΈ
I am never a fan of sad stories but this story needed to be told. The wrongs have to be made right. Thank you for that.😊

Edited by Afya - 10 years ago
neverbefore thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely story! Just how it should have been!!
Afya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Looks like you are busy writing the sin epilogue. Can't wait for more from you.😊