Terence Lewis Fans Club and Appreciation Thread

AmritaSehdev thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Terence Lewis Appreciation Thread !!! Welcome to all Terence Lewis fans!😛  👏  

Terence Lewis (choreographer)Terence Lewis (born 10 April 1975) is an Indian dancer and choreographer, specializing in contemporary dance. He is known as a choreographer and judge in reality dance series, Dance India Dance season 1, 2 and 3 He run his 'Terence Lewis Contemporary Dance Company' in Mumbai, holds dance workshops both in India and abroad. He has choreographed Bollywood films like, Lagaan (2001), Jhankaar Beats (2003) and Naach (2004), apart from musicals, stage shows, ads, music videos and national and international dance competitions. He was judge of Hindustan Ke Hunarbaaz, along with actress Sonali Bendre.

Early life and training
He was born and raised in Mumbai to a Catholic family of Xavier Lewis and Teresa Lewis, he is the youngest of eight siblings. He trained in jazz, ballet and contemporary dance at the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and the Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance in New York.

Career: 

He is a choreographer in Bollywood films and musicals, stage shows, ads and music videos. Terence has choreographed a number of films and musicals as a choreographer. Terence has choreographed a number of stage shows, Indian contemporary performances, Bollywood Shows, corporate launches, Broadway Westend musicals, feature films, several popular music videos, and has appeared in advertisements. Terence won the 2002 American Choreography Award for his choreography for songs of the movie Lagaan along with Saroj Khan, Raju Khan, Ganesh Hegde and Vaibhavi Merchant. 

He has choreographed international stage shows, Bollywood shows, corporate launches, Broadway Westend musicals, feature films, ads and music videos. He is the first Indian to receive the danceWEB Europe Scholarship, representing India in Vienna, Austria. Terence represented Asia at the International Choreographers' Meet at the TANZ platform, Stuttgart, Germany. He is also a teacher at Impulstanz Festival at Vienna, Austria since 2007-08 teaching Bollywood and Indian contemporary dance.

His first choreography in a Hindi movie was a ballroom waltz, titled "Waltz for a Romance" in Academy Award-nominated, Lagaan (2001), followed by the song Dil Ne Tumko From Jhankaar Beats in 2003, he also choreographed actressAntara Mali in Ram Gopal Verma's dance themed film, Naach (2004), which got him instant acclaim.  He was also the choreographer in films like John Mathew's Shikhar. He also did nusic videos like Adnan Sami's Kasam (with Amisha Patel), Stereo Nation's Ishq (with Koena Mitra) and Shaan, Saapna Mukherjee among others. In March 2011, he made a Guinness World Record of choreographing 1,336 people together, to song, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, as a part of dance the reality show Guinness World Record - Ab India Todega on Colours TV.

Terence also did international musicals like The Children of the Sea and Finding Marina with the Civil War and Tsunami affected children in Sri Lanka. In 2012, he also appeared as a judge on reality dance series, Hindustan Ke Hunarbaaz, on Life OK, along with actress Sonali Bendre.

Permission Granted By DT 😊

Edited by amrita10 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AmritaSehdev thumbnail
                    😉 TERENCE LEWIS FANS 😉

amrita10
 Aahaana,  
 ShivTRSS,  
 *Khushii*,  
 desicrowd,  
KunwarKiDeewani,  
-Chandramukhi-,
 Kesha1234
 deetha
 --Kinjal--
 oriyana
  MaaNeeTLuV 
 RitzyOnly4Amar
  m.lim
  Cutevib02
 D3_4life
 laddoo598
  -Ocean.eyes-
 crystalline23
 fluxes
KissOfDeath
  Ani_p

Like the post to get added in this list ... or just PM me 😊
AmritaSehdev thumbnail
Terence Lewis Pictures From Nach Baliye 😛

AmritaSehdev thumbnail
Reserved 😉 Edited by amrita10 - 11 years ago
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
M a BIG fan of TL... Plz add me in...
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Woohoo add me I love this guy I wish I cud learn dance from him too tho I live miles away and haven't danced in 4 years.

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Doesn;t my siggie say it all 😉
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I'm here for Terrance :) I love him & Remo
.wanderlust. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG Terrance <3 Add me too , ILoveHim! <33