Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yakkudimag thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Part 2

Arnav's anger

They say I am a jerk.What is the definition of jerk?I left India, because I wanted my sister to be happy in her married life.I saw my brother-in-law, everyday was a suffering for him. I thought by the time I will be back, one nephew or niece will be there, probably Di will shift to the lavish apartment bought by Jijajee, very recently.Jijajee sent me some pictures of that flat, I simply loved them.Even, I decided to stay there if Di was not shifting there. I wanted this distance. Di's faults were spoiling not only her family life, but it was being an obstacle in my life also.

It's not that I was being selfish.No. But Di herself was pushing Jijajee to take a drastic step.I have seen in my family that what can be the effect of the dispute between husband and wife.My father was alleged to have an illicit connection with some other woman, where as my mother was fully attentive to him, and we, their two children were there.My sister neither she could give that attention nor she could give a child to her husband.I was apprehensive that my brother-in-law would have an affair.I didn't want the history to be repeated in our family.That is why I left India. Nothing sacrificial in this case, I enjoyed a lot in USA, grabbed some draconian kind of Degrees.I was happy

I returned to India, and I was introduced to Lavanya, a family friend , she had a Degree from an unknown American University in fashion designing. Sophisticated , posh, I mean the usual level of Randhawas.Anyways I was not having an arranged marriage, it involves family, family prestige, one single dispute and everybody come up with their teeth and nails.I wanted a love marriage.Affair between me and my wife, no excess fat of family drama.I was sick of the mentality that marriage is the connection between two families.No matter how the husband wife suffer..but no..family reputation must be preserved.Bull shit.

Again, I was scared after seeing my sister's fate.Her marriage was fixed because of the friendship between the Maliks and the Rampals. Rampals were accepting my handicapped sister because of the high connections of Maliks, you know, the purity of clan, prestige, honour etc etc..and on the day of marriage they left my sister because their reputation will be harmed. Human life was secondary issue, they forgot everything, that Anjali will be like a daughter, she will be loved and cherished by all, crap.Then Di got married due to the gratitude of Ram Manohar Johal ,father of Jijajee.Here I object, marry somebody for love, you marry her just because you want to be with her always without any reason.

I wanted someone whom I will cherish, love and protect without any reason. Lavanya was not that someone.Di was insisting upon her.Yeah, she was being nice to you Di, what did you think that she would have tolerated your guardianship on me? Not a chance.Anyways, I simply did not like her.I wanted someone...someone..like...no idea actually what I was looking for.

Then I made a blunder.I became the reason for the pain to Grewal family.I publicly insulted Khushwant Grewal, for which Payal's marriage was called off. That I really hated. Same drama, see to the bride , she will be with you people.Why concentrate on the other family members? I really hated myself that time.

Eventually, I came to know that my brother had fallen for Payal, Khushwant's sister.It happened when she came to meet Khushwant in my office.I must mention that by that time I gave a job to Khushwant to compensate to some extent.Even, I offered that Payal's marriage was my responsibility too.I was with Khushwant in this issue, after all because of me Payal is in this state.

Anyways, Akash fell in love with Payal. Much to my disgust, he started to consult me. This boy, how I could make him understand that we were adults now?Aunt Manorama effect was history.No, every time.."Bhai, roses or tulips..?" Think yourself kid, I have other things to do.

And they say I am the jerk.I thought about everybody,every time, and I am the jerk, they all are saints who imposed their liability upon me.Bloody hell.I started to get annoyed.Because of my stress level, I earned diabetes at the age of 24. Everyone was expecting too high from my side.

Khushwant was set in my office.Secretarial jobs and studying by distance education program, Khushwant managed well.Sometimes I wanted to smooch and make love to Khushwant.

Don't get any impression that I was importing the Gay couple concept in my life or in my house. Khushwant was feminine gender with some extra feminine features.Khushwant Kaur Grewal actually, in short Khushi or KKG.Total desi girl, not in the sense of those poster girls of sweet and polite and cultured Indian with great values, that too I hated.Desi girl means , total desi flavour.She has lips like gulab jamun, but her tongue was like red chilly powder, eyes were like calm lake, but in anger those eyes either evaporates fire or showers rain. The milky face gets bloody red when angry.In short I liked her.If she became late, I used to be angry, not beacause of work, but I missed some time with her.I was even ready to help her in the exams, but no.NO THANK YOU.Fine, absolutely fine.
Di was still pressing about Lavanya.Akash was asking for help as Payal said no to his marriage proposal because of the humiliation faced by Khushwant.Nani was being like.."Anjali doesn't have any, at least you give me a great-grandchild, how many days are left for me in the world..Arnav.."..I was screwed to the highest level.

It's not that Khushwant Kaur Grewal was immune to Arnav Singh Randhawa effect.She gave several hints by her attitude. She was not being angry anymore, not frequently at least.I thought it was a great time to raise the issue of Akash. Khushwant surprised me by saying, "Lovers must not be separated in this way, they must marry.." she also told that she will help to convince everyone.

While fixing Akash and Payal, I tried for her, and then I got to know that she was engaged.You give hint all the time, you show attitude, now you are telling that you are engaged.By the time Akash's marriage was fixed, I got to know that her engagement was broken.Needless to say that I summerily kicked Lavanya out of my range.Di was upset a bit, I told her not to worry, I will marry soon.

Then , miracle happened, Doctor said that Anjali Johal was pregnant.I was very happy.Jijajee will get finally a child.I must mention that I also started to think that what will be the features my our children, our means, me and Khushwant of course.But all of a sudden, Jijajee wanted to leave Delhi, I mean why now?

Later, I saw Khushwant in Jijajee's arm,"If you do not love her then leave her, why you lied to me..."..I understood everything, I mean why Jijajee never wanted to come in front of the family gathering, why Jijajee wanted to leave Delhi. I felt like a moron. Bitch, you are doing two timing! Holding my hand , kissing my chick on occasions, and you are having affair with my brother-in-law,hugging him.

And you brother-in-law, you don't love my sister?Then how is she pregnant?I know very well that over the years you are trying to make her pregnant, if you were so fed up with this relation, you should have divorced her on the first place, now you are keeping an unborn child at stake..damn it you want to leave Delhi, and Khushi's engagement is broken, everything makes sense, you want to elope with her, want to make a new life with her...damn..WHAT ABOUT ME and my sister and her unborn baby?

And Khushwant Kaur Grewal..you, in front of my eyes you are doing everything, I couldn't see this.Yeah, Shyam Manohar Johal has generous amount of property which can give you a luxurious life, and being a Lawyer, he will easily make his way to divorce no matter what.What a timing brother-in-law..I must say.After 9 long years, you decided to practise infidelity, that too with a 19 years old girl and now your wife is pregnant.

I don't care about anything, I just can't let Khushi to enter into such a vile business.I know her family is disgraced by my actions towards her, now they will have a tough time for her marriage. But with a married man..I just couldn't take it.

To be honest, I was more concerned about my sister.After long time good times were there for her.I knew,once she will see her child,she will forget all her agonies and insecurities, then everything will be alright.I honestly tried to save my sister from this shock, not only for her sake, but for me also.

I proposed her in the engagement ceremony of Akash and Payal, all were there. Everyone was too happy to object.Only Khushi was making face as if she was sentenced to death.

And every drop of my blood boiled when I couldn't see her smiling face during the entire procedures of our marriage.I said,"I also have money,more than you could ever think, I am also a man, I will be able to satisfy you in every way, please don't show me this pathetic face..", on our first night.She simply ignored all my taunts and harsh words.And I made a misinterpretation of all.I misunderstood her in every sense.But I kept my patience that one day she will apologise to me, and come to me, and will surrender to me.

She made several attempts to escape, of course didn't succeed.

After few months, I got to know that Khushwant was not having any illicit affair with my brother-in-law. She was engaged to him. My brother-in-law made misrepresentation of facts and proposed marriage to Khushi in front of the family.Grewal family kept silent just because they didn't want to harm Payal's marriage whose marriage was broken once.

How Khushwant met Jijajee?What made Jijajee so desirable and angel like?Thanks to my actions again.She was infamous because of me, some hooligans were harassing her, Jijajee became the rescue ranger and became her Knight in shining armour.Rest you can understand.

They say I am a jerk, of course I have been a jerk all the time, in the matter of Khushwant Grewal Randhawa, my wife.I could not practise entirely what I preached always.I married her , not just I wanted her, I wanted her to get rid of my own insecurities.I failed to cherish her, I failed to love her, to protect her.

Edited by yakkudimag - 12 years ago
yakkudimag thumbnail
Where are you people?? I am waiting??

sakthi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WOAH! Arnav's point of view was very nice.
so he misunderstood her and married her similar to the show!
Next will be whose point of view??????
ThanuAditya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome concept yaar ! Plz do add me in ur PM list and PM me in future
nazibah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hmmm what can I say about Arnav...it was intriguing to read his point of view...and I'm looking forward to the next person's...is it Khushi's? Thanks for the PM!!!!
yakkudimag thumbnail
I started writing this fic with the feeling that nobody is a born criminal.Nobody is totally blameless or totally guilty.Everyone have their own share of goodness and badness..
yakkudimag thumbnail

Originally posted by: nazibah

hmmm what can I say about Arnav...it was intriguing to read his point of view...and I'm looking forward to the next person's...is it Khushi's? Thanks for the PM!!!!

Welcome, you just be with me..I need readers like you.

yakkudimag thumbnail
Part 3

Payal's self esteem

Jethjee, I mean Arnav Singh Randhawa proved on every step of life that he is the sibling to Anjalidi, where I proved every time that Khushwant was not my own sister.If I would have been her own sister, then I wouldn't have marry in that house where Shyam Manohar Johal was present.

My marriage was fixed to somebody else, they demanded colour tv, to collect that money Khushwant agreed to be the model and subsequently the show was sabotaged .Jethjee made sure that Khushwant will go under public rejection as he apprehended that Khushwant was sent by his rivals.Sometimes, men can be rational fools.He never looked at Khushwant, without listening to her Jethjee made an opinion, humiliated her and left on the mercy of the moral police.

Khushwant knew from the very first day that she was no one to Grewal family. She took minimum resource to survive in our family. She didn't even take the money for her admission fees in distance learning program.She gave tutions, she worked part time to support her studies. But she gave her maximum effort in our family. Not for a single day she forgot to show her gratitude to Grewal family.

But, time to time she was blamed for some undone mistakes.And conveniently everyone in family forgot that how Arnav Randhawa humiliated Khushwant which led to massive disgrace to our family.Even then when they saw Shyam Manohar Johal as their son-in-law.Things got worse when Jethjee proposed Khushwant in front of all.My family easily agreed to send Khushi in that house where the predator, Shyam stayed.

Khushwant married Jethjee.I think she did it out of disgust.Grewals forgot everything so easily.They only saw my well being, my in-laws must not be offended in any way that is why they said yes to Jethjee.She married silently.I really hoped that her husband will make her happy.She deserved to be happy.

How wrong I was.Jethjee married her just because of Anjalidi.He wanted to stop Shyam to get Khushi by any chance.Basically Khushwant Grewal has been surrounded by selfish people, all her life.She has been used all her life.

But sometimes I see the bright side too. Shyam would not dare to approach her anymore.By this way, Khushwant was saved from one malice.Honestly, Shyam Manohar Johal cannot be blamed totally, Anjalidi is very much responsible. I mean Akashjee scolded me few times when I showed my concern to Khushwant. He told me to become Randhawa Bahu rather than Jijee of Khushwant.Double standard, their own sister never became the wife of Johal, she is still controlling our life, they are giving lectures about the distinction between maternal home and in-law house.

You know what, my mother-in-law hates me, but still I care for her, at least she doesn't have the pretence.I respect her honesty.She once told me that how could I marry in that family who are very much responsible for the misery taken place into my family?How true.Yes, Akash was chasing me like anything, but I always had the freedom to say no to him.If ,somebody says that Randhawas have no shame that they approached Grewal girls despite their deeds, then Grewals also have no self-respect that they accepted such proposal.But, I cannot tolerate Anajalidi's drama on daily basis.I am also at fault.When I came to know that who was Shyam Manohar Johal, then and there I should have disclosed it, at least to Akashjee.Possibly Khushwant would have got exempted from such sufferings she had faced.But as I say, I was scared, once my marriage was called off, I was not going to take any chance.

It is in human nature.The self defence doctrine. I was at that stage when a person can think about him or her only.I am scared of that day, when Khushwant will think only about her.Her suffering, her agonies, when she will take everything into account, then not only Jethjee will be bashed to the core, but we will also be punished ,because people who take everything silently , they get hurt to most.

My mother conveniently declared that it's Arnav's responsibility to make things up for Khushi, but I know, we all have great deal of share in this duty.Well, Jethjee is not harsh anymore on Khushi, in fact he is scared, something is in her mind which is not good.

Yeah, Jethjee was having a stern face in initial days of his marriage, eventually things got disclosed.Jethjee realised that Khushi was not to be blamed by any chance.But soon after that, another news was disclosed. Subhadra Malik, i.e. Arnav's Grandmother said that my mother had illicit relation with Arnav's father, because of her the Malik family was destroyed.

My mother-in-law attacked me with her full amount of wrath.Khushi was being targeted everyday by Subhadra Dadi. My own grand mother-in-law showed us cold shoulder to some extent. Things got better when my husband interfered in this issue.Then I realised that he was a man with backbone.He clearly said,
" Neither Mr. Malik is alive nor Arnav's mother, possibly she misunderstood everything, did she ever give a chance to her husband to explain?In any case why Payal or Khushi is being targeted? They have paid enough if they are at fault by any chance. Whatever the Grewals faced because of Randhawas that clears their past account."

Till then we didn't know that what Khushi was facing inside the bedroom. Anjalidi totally blamed Khushi for everything, seeing her tears Arnav got mad on Khushi. I was feeling that Arnav was feeling very helpless, he knew very well that Khushi was not to be blamed. But his old injuries were fresh again. Devyani Dadi was very worried about Arnav's state of mind. I got to know that after his mother's suicide Arnav was under nervous breakdown. What he acquired gradually that can be classified as the low degree of schizophrenia . That is why Dadi never mentioned about Arnav's father in front of him.

However, we thought Shyam Manohar Johal was a monster, we didn't see the real monster yet, Arnav Singh Randhawa.I saw his worst side. I was wondering that this man came to me to know about mood swing and other hobbies of Khushi when he got to know about the reality of Shyam.He was ready to repent and redeem his misdeed. Another news came and the man turned just 180 degree. What a hypocrite. Both the brother-sister duo, utterly selfish, self-centred and mean.

After that much humiliation also, I didn't left Shantivan just because of my Husband ,Akash Randhawa. He was angry on me, upset for not saying him the truth about Shyam, but in front of all he stood by me, when I needed him the most. Only because of him I stayed back.But as a sister, I failed terribly.

But Khushwant never complained.I tell you , even I thought that what if Shyam was single, possibly Khushi's life would be far better, because he never could be that cruel on Khushi.In fact he told me to go to Khushi, I went there and saw that she fallen on the poolside, hit by the iron chair.Doctor prescribed X-ray, Khushi's collar bone was broken into 4 pieces.Traction belt was the only solution, no plaster or bandage that too for six months.Thank god it was on left side, she always uses her right hand.That day only I knew that she was sleeping at the poolside since her marriage was solemnised with Arnav.I also came to know that she fell down because her blood pressure was too low and she lost her weight to a great extent.Her dark circles were the witnesses of her sleepless nights.Her actual situation dawned on me that day.

Khushi totally confined herself behind the walls made by her.She stopped eating with the family, anybody hardly got any glimpse of her at any time. She never asked any helped during her broken collarbone phase.She went to appear in her final exams alone.Often she felt huge amount of pain in her collarbone, by her face I used to understand, but she didn't speak a word.I knew very well that something big was going to happen.It was not that she was punishing herself, she was punishing us. She was showing all her disgust to everyone.

Arnavjee was too scared to talk to her.I feel sorry for that man. Honestly. Khushi and his story was the same. They did a lot for their family, and because of the family they were unhappy.I feel to help him sometimes to win Khushi back .But if Khushi gets to know that, she will summarily kill Arnavjee.

Meanwhile, Anjalidi miscarried her child. Shyam was free from any liability. But, he again asked Anjalidi to leave Shantivan with him, he proposed her to begin a new life on their own in his new house.Anjalidi declined the proposal.She blamed him vaguely.

"All your life, you blamed other, have you ever judged yourself Anjali?" Shyam said in a calm tone.Possibly she was addressed as Anjali by him for the first time in her life, she understood how much pain this man was having.Yet she said ," You please divorce me, and have a new life of your own.."

"That I should have done long before, at least one innocent would have been spared, because of my wrong step her life got butchered"...said Shyam, and Arnav heard that.

"I am leaving your sister Arnav, but don't worry, not for Khushwant, no..she must not be used by us to get rid of our own maladies of life..in this process we have completely damaged her life.." Shyam almost choked while saying this.

I remembered the agony in his eyes when he informed about Khushi's injury.I saw the same agony. Sometimes life is so unfair.Khushi came to take water to take some medicine when she saw everything.

"I appologise with all my heart,because of me you are at this state, I am leaving today, but always remember, if something goes wrong I will be there always for you, not as the Shyam Manohar Johal who asked for your hand once upon a time, but as a well wisher.."..said Shyam and left.

Khushi just gave a shrug and returned to her room.Exam results came out, she passed with first class.She started as a freelance writer in a magazine.She gave everyone a damn !!

Arnav could tolerate her anger, her shouting, her wrath, but he could not take her silence.Devyani Randhawa and Subhadra Malik both were watching them. Neither Khushi and Arnav were fighting nor they were patching things up.Both the old ladies were waiting for the ultimate destruction. They were understanding well that Khushwant Grewal Randhawa was ready with all her anger and wrath to destroy Arnav Singh Randhawa.They had no other option but watching them silently. Because they killed Khushwant Kaur Grewal ,who had a heart to love everyone, gradually, and they only created Khushwant Grewal Randhawa , who was all set to retaliate.

I was shedding silent tears, because I was not totally blameless in this issue.But I love my mother-in-law, you know why, because she only wants her son to be happy, I also want that.Once being fed up with Anjalidi's brooding, Mother-in-law said, "Stop blaming everyone, how many times you cared for yours husband? Look at khoon bhari taang, I scold her, humiliate her so much, but still she is with my son, that is why Akash loves her so much, your husband also loved you a lot, but you neglected him badly, now please stop brooding.."

After Anjalidi left, I went to mother-in-law and hugged her tightly, I was crying like anything.."What is it..again you are crying!!" Mom-in-law asked..I didn't reply, just held her..and cried.."Stop crying khoon bhari taang...phati saree will be alright..don't cry anymore.."..

I saw a face over my mother-in-law's shoulder..it was Akash, my husband.He was happy that finally his wife got so closed to his mother.He was smiling and I forgot all my pain.

Edited by yakkudimag - 12 years ago
annab thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
loved it...very emotional...feel so sorry for khushi.she always get the blame even though its not her fault..selfish people including her husband😡
sakthi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
No!!!!!
Broken collar bones... omg! how much will she have to suffer more???

wishing to read kushi's pov...