Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanayakhushifan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: .Euphoria.

Wrote a bigass essay, then lost it all. F*L.

But I agree with you Pri...couldn't have said it better mysel

Please oh pretty please find your essay (ahem, rewrite 😆)!  I would love to read it!  😃

Drwho thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Priyanka,

Excellent post and very valid points!

They can try all they want, to get Anjali's pain across but don't they know 'You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink'..

Originally posted by: Hot.Pink.Heels

I agree with what you're saying ...to an extent! 

I too wish they would pay more attention to Khushi's character to carry of a proper realistic consistency.
I remember in one interview Sanaya had said that the writers love Khushi cuz they can make Khushi do anything! Which is quite true, since she laughs, cries, goofs off, has a temper and everything else!
I feel that doesn't mean that they stop paying attention to the details on her character! 

But I think the PH are so desperately trying to justify Anjali because they already know that we love Arnav and Khushi so no matter what they make those two characters do and no matter how much we crib about it, at the end of the day we love them! But that doesn't apply to Anjali! All these days we loved Anjali cuz she was Arnav's sweet Di that played a huge role in making Arnav and Khushi realize their love during PaYash's wedding! And now when she is the vulnerable, hurt wife and doesn't know how to react to the situation she is unconciously getting in the way of Arnav and Khushi's relationship, which makes her look like a potential thorn in ArHi's love story. But she's not!
She's just a woman that had her husband snatched away and wants support from her beloved brother and is hurt when she sees him preoccupied with his wife, whom she believes is the cause to all her problems.

But I definitely agree that Khushi deserves much more attention from the writers and Sanaya definitely deserves more credit for her role!

I know I sound like I'm supporting Anjali, but that's not the case. Trust me it seriously irritates me whenever they show Anjali coming in Arnav and Khushi's way but I do realize that the writers are trying to convey something through her actions.

I just switch channels so quickly when I Anjali's  tap water start to flow.  I simply cannot relate to Anjali's character nor do I feel an iota of sympathy.  I get that the writers are trying to garner sympathy and make us "feel" for Anjali lekin, I just cannot tolerate her! 
Edited by sanayakhushifan - 11 years ago
Shas3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for writing this, I feel the same way. Kushi never gets an apology from anyone. It is just ridiculous. I want ASR to say sorry to her, if not for everything else, for forcing her to get married to him. Now ASR wants to make her smile. If she smiles, so what? Will that alleviate her pain?

Originally posted by: Drwho

Priyanka,

Excellent post and very valid points!

They can try all they want, to get Anjali's pain across but don't they know 'You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink'..

Very very well said! 👏
Apparently 4 Lions just posted a picture of Arnav and "Di" on their Facebook page - an indication of what is to come? 😡
SaJanLuv14 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I've honestly been keeping quiet this whole time in the hope that things were going to change but what mr.hegde said blew me off, I feel like instead of Anjali, Khushi has become the supporting actress in the show, honestly if the show were just based on Arnav and Anjali this show would have NEVER EVER made it this far, 
and I agree with u completely
I've NEVER EVER seen Khushi get the proper respect she deserves!~ and I was honestly hoping the Shyam confrontation would have been the BIGGEST way to redeem Arnav for his doing and esp to let everyone know about Khushi's greatness and selflessness however what happened only a slap, which yes I did enjoy but didn't justify everything that Arnav did till this point. 

I completely agree that Anjali has the right to be sad, but why can't they show her strong and independent or even delusional or even angry at Khushi instead of just crying all the time, give her all the screen time she wants

BUT

at the same time why not give Khushi the respect she deserves in the show?! 

The PH talks about wanting a realistic show and all and how Anjali can't magically forgive and forget everything in her life

well NEW FLASH: there isn't a SINGLE PERSON in this entire world who can be as "forgiving" as Khushi is, like think about it
from the VERY VERY beginning Arnav, Mamiji, Shyam, Buaji, Garima, everyone has given Khushi one big blow at least, and Arnav above all of them, and they just let her go like that, always forgiving? 

this time I'm actually glad that Khushi is taking her time into forgiving him

and u know what the BIGGEST irony is

EVERY SINGLE PROMO, aside for the one with Anjali's abortion

was promoting ArHi and even the original promos before the start of the show was PROMOTING ARHI'S LOVE STORY

NOT about Didi ki Saut's concept, I didnt' SEE ANY CONCEPT from that show 

and Gul Khan said Iss Pyar ko Kya Naam Doon is a higher scale of their old show Geet right?

Then as far as I remember Mann's brother Dev did have a significant part in the show and was a huge conflict for Mann and Geet HOWEVER Mann and Geet were originally the main emphasis of the show no matter what, and that's how I would like it and that's how it was and that's how it should stay

I love all the cast members and the team in the show but please please please treat Sanaya's talent and Khushi's character with justice and please stick to the ACTUAL ISS PYAR KO KYA NAAM DOON CONCEPT NOT DIDI KI SAUT. 

Edited by SaJanLuv14 - 11 years ago
AmazingAmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
@ LadyLaLa: Wow your reply almost rivaled mine in the length, I love it! It was just wonderfully written.

@ Shweta: Thanks hun, you are the sweetest! And I agree, sadly Khushi herself has swept everything under the carpet. I don't understand why they continue to undermine Khushi and her feelings! They realize they are ruining their own show by doing that!

@ Miyah: OMG you are alive! I will check the scrap right after this post...we're both equally pathetic when it comes to the scrapbook so there will never be any misunderstanding lol. Lovely post dear, you made perfect sense, better than me!

@ zeeba: To be honest, she hasn't always been like this...remember the guest house Khushi. How she told him off? That scene did justice to Khushi as a character and Sanaya as an actress! That was what, almost a year ago? I don't think we're asking for much to give her another outburst like that!
Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail
Hi Priyanka

I cannot speak for Sanaya but honestly I hope the drama that goes on over the internet never reflects on the sets of the show where they seem to behave like one happy family. It's unfair, I feel they should all maintain a distance from fans, like Barun and Sanaya do. Or deal with it a very level headed manor as Akshay and Abhas do. I understand Daljeet too get upset about being personally attacked because of Anjali but from the video there was a sense of her not being able to handle it and perhaps taking it to heart, I hope she distances herself. I can repeat that 100x for Mr. Hedge. Seriously that dude should not use the internet to communicate with IPKKND fans, he doesn't do himself, the show or us any favours. It's really bad practise. Hire a PR please.

But back to Khushi, 100% ditto. I am still frustrated at the fact they haven't addressed THAT line from Thursday but then again I am not surprise, they have as I feared successfully romanticised that notion. I think they've never quite grasped how to balance Khushi happy-go-lucky, fun loving, bubbly attitude with that sense of maturity and her feisty side, I mean it does emerge once in a while but I think they're in fear of making her the stereotypical bread and butter SP bahu hence they have this tendency to skate over all of Khushi's serious, demeaning issues. Which is frustrating because initially when the show started, Khushi really had spunk where she wouldn't let anyone demean her unfairly.

I'm glad we're getting more monologues to understand her HOWEVER who in the world wrote the dialogues for today's DM scene, where she is talking about how some things will never change but then a second later she decides they can be changed. Plus her reflection on everything Arnav has said and done was so cryptic and vague - it's shoddy.

The CVs need to take a step-back and evaluate what message they want to get across, because the more they continue to skate over the really rubbish that happens to Khushi, the less people will be interested in seeing the female lead being made so weak and disrespected - no matter how many times they use Sanaya for comical, light hearted scenes OR rely on ASR.
Edited by Rabba-Ve-Delena - 11 years ago
saddafmahmood thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I think it is a combination of two things...one, DB asked for more importance and was this close to quitting and two, the writers probably have run out of ideas to drag the show!

Thanks everyone for your responses! I can only hope that the writers handle Khushi's character with the same sensitivity and care that they are handling a supporting character. Because right now, I'm worried that Khushi is being shown carelessly. Then again, the writers of this show have never written an author-backed track for her. It is all credit to Sanaya and the FANS for bringing this character of Khushi to life.

I don't even know if Sanaya feels bad about this or not but I certainly do. I'd be annoyed if I was her. Its like...you use me to promote the show, the Arshi romance, go overseas to meet international fans and then when it comes to the storyline...you sideline me and even have the nerve to say that the show was always about the brother-sister's story. SI is the one who should be going around, running her own campaign to get people to feel sorry for her and her character.