Khushi is the most disrespected character on IPK.

AmazingAmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Sorry for this long post. I was about to log off but had this on my mind and wanted to get rid of it. You can read at your own risk.

I feel like Khushi is the least respected character on the show. Everyone is focused on justifying Anjali's pain. What about all the pain and hurt Khushi has faced repeatedly? Its too much to remember but she has been hurt more than anyone on this show. How can they just sweep all that under the rug and force us to "understand" Anjali's pain instead?

Khushi never gets the sorry she deserves from anyone. Arnav is an obvious one but I feel even her family, especially Garima and Buaji, have yet to apologize to her for the way they treated her after she got married. This show always undermines all the humiliation Khushi faces. She got called characterless by both Shyam and Arnav...the next day, they pretended it never happened. They act like all the hurtful words she has to hear from various members of the Raizada family and her own family don't matter, as if her feelings don't matter.

She dismisses the biggest of insults then gets upset over some insignificant matter. Ahhh! Why are they doing this, making her character inconsistent and hard to relate with on purpose? I think a lot of members on IF have done a far better job explaining Khushi's character than the CVs have. We love Khushi so we try very hard to understand her on our own because she is not making it very easy right now.They barely show us her POV. There is no deep or emotional thought shown behind her actions. But when it comes to Arnav and Anjali, there seems to be no shortage of emotional breakdown scenes. 

At least showing us Arnav's POV is limited to on-screen and Barun nails it perfectly. However...Anjali's POV is being explained and justified by the PH, writers and actors even off-screen. What the heck? They are leaving no stones unturned to get Anjali's pain through to us. Yet they are so careless when it comes to all the pain Khushi has been facing for over a year. We keep waiting to see her get the apology and respect she deserves but it never comes. It's completely unfair.

One last note...speaking about Khushi brings me Sanaya. If I were her, I'd be insulted by Gautam Hedge's tweet that the concept of IPK was about Arnav and Anjali. Where does that leave Khushi? I'd be worried about the future of my character if this guy is writing the story. Going by his thinking, Sanaya is the parallel lead...though they are still promoting her as the main lead because they know better. 

I wonder if Sanaya is okay with the sudden change in the theme of the show. She had to carry this show on her shoulder for the past 2 months and she did an admirable job keeping it in the top 10, without any complaints. After all that hard work, her character has been relegated once again. 

And how can she be okay with her look on the show? We see how amazing she looks at award shows and other events where she styles herself. As opposed to the show. I would be horrified if they told me to wear such ghastly clothes. I don't mind the colors but the material looks quite cheap compared to Daljeet's expensive wardrobe. Sanaya is naturally beautiful so she still carries them off. But what about the hair, the unnecessary extensions and hair clips that look very unappealing. It doesn't make sense. She is not treated like a lead on the show.

I don't like to be dramatic...but I had to say it. I think I won't watch another show by this PH again. Its too much of a headache! They are just all highly unprofessional, from top to bottom. Sorry for the negativity but I don't care. I'm getting increasingly annoyed with the way Khushi is being sidelined.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Think its time Sanaya put her foot down, she has literally run the show over the last 2 months, continues to act brilliantly, putting her soul into the character. And what does she get in return?

Edited by Naach_Basanti - 11 years ago
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
very logical post..
i think the ph has either taken Sanaya as for granted like khushi in the show coz sanaya does not throw tantrum and ultimatum like the other side character or the stylists and cvs r extremely jealous of her heavenly beauty to even utilize it..
Edited by Doc_Manaal - 11 years ago
xsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
awesome post
u know ..u just said all my words
it not nice cause even know her own sister payal is disrespecting khushi , anjali hates khushi right now , akash PFFFTTT i dont even know what is wrong with that dude at the moment (i like shyam way better then akash right now ) ...like i can understand her pain ...because she is also going through alot and not only anjali and everyone else
and im happy that Arnav is trying to win her over..how sweet 
i guess NK and Arnav r the only sweetest people right now who r being so nice to khushi and trying to put a smile on her face 😊 ohh even laxmi is soo sweet to khushi 😃

i feel so sorry for khushi ..i guess everyone should say sorry to her cause i think they have hurt her alot *besides the nice people who love khushi *

Edited by xsumi - 11 years ago
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sanaya once said in an interview that she wants to prove that she is an Indian actress. As far as a viewers I dont see that need any longer. She has proved more than required.

I dont know why is Sanaya still playing the role of khushi when her character never gets its due. - Its been a year since all the torcher but i dont see it getting what it needs to.

Sanaya gets the most repetitive wardrobes i have ever seen. Payal gets news sarees, the great DI gets to wear designer wear, mami gets to wear the circus, what about the khushi, the main lead.
Sanaya is the main lead when will she get to wear expensive clothes.

If Sanaya is not the main lead why should she work for the show during Barun's absence why didnt Daljeet shoulder the show ???? Why did Sanaya take that painful burden without asking a for a 1 -2 break why ????

Just because a character is strong does not mean they wont break. Just because she looks exceptionally beautiful does not mean make her wear the worst clothes in the name of no budget.

I would suggest Sanaya to quit the show if she is staying back to prove she is an Indian she does not have to im sure everyone knows that by now !!!

I started watching this show seeing Sanaya in it & now when I hear people saying she's not the lead I feel why am I watching a show like what is the point.

Before the MU everything was going great, post MU khushi is not lead anjali is wow 😡

Sanaya should negotiate to leave if her character does not get her due sooner.

Barun does not hav to worry her is ASR, Gul's favourite nothing will go wrong.

I feel really bad for Sanaya & khushi, being her ardent fan i cant do much 

I can go on & on & on but for now Im stopping

Edited by Harshitha - 11 years ago
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Seriously both the leads wardrobe isn't good at all, I seen girl on other shows who are not even good looking has a better wardrobe than Khushi. CVS seriously need to do something about this but I been liking her outfits last week though she look great in Purple and I think she pulled off the pink outfit on her Birthday aswell.

On Character I agree no one cares about her feelings right now and how much she suffered. Arnav should said a simple sorry to her rather than trying to imitate her like this! Seems like were back to comedy again. 😵
Edited by IshqSufiyana - 11 years ago
IllGetOverIpk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i don know wat to say...
but here is a list of my complaints...
1.after he hurt her during diwali almost kiss.. i waited for the apol which dint happened..
2.he married her forcefully.. now tat he knows she is not to be blamed.. did he apol...
wat makes me more angry is i recently watched those episodes 185-200... the way khushi was treated at tat time by asr was horrible...the way he said i hate u.. the way the banged the door on her hand.. when she came running to go home with buaji...
he never apol.
3. he called her characterless.. n thrw away her stars which she considers as her parents.. she was going to commit suicide for him.. n she left the most precious thing for him.. n threw tat on the terrace..
4.last but not the least the recent outburst,,,, tat was also really sad..

n abt the ph.. don know y suddenly they are talkin abt di ki saut or watever..??? i am confused...
but i like this track..i like this asr..trying to impress khushi.. but i wan a bit more of seriousness as well..
Edited by sarithaipkknd - 11 years ago
kash4life thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
But the thing is apart from Arnav, NO one knows about the torture Khushi went through in terms of forced Marriage, sacrificing for her sister etc. Everyone knows what Anjali is going through cos it's all out in the open.

ONCE the six moth contract is out in the open THEN I think you will see all the members say sorry, right now they don't know of any torture she has gone through. All they know was she was engaged to Shyam , but that doesn't really compare to what they know about Anjali right?

I agree Khushi, is trampled over though. i hope they change that and make her more respected by everyone.

But I'm sorry the Sanaya clothes comment is a little dramatic, Sanaya is extremel confident if she didn't like what she was wearing she is not someone to stay quiet. I think you are analysing that bit WAY too much. SHE said in the Noreen Khan interview sh ehas a stylist who she trusts, and she will NEVER wear something she thinks doesn't look good on her. If Sanaya had a problem with her look she would voice it, I don't think she has a problem with it all. Especially because last week we saw her wear two new outfits :S I think her look is really the least of her worries in life.

I would day Sanaya is esctastic with the theme change cos it gives her a little free time maybe, and I'm sure she's aware that this is a TRACK. not permament. They are all friends offscreen, Sanaya calling Daljeet one of her best friends in two interviews, do you really think she minds her friend is getting 5 minutes of what was her screen time previously? Also it's quite evident that Khushi is still the lead, you ask 100 people who arn't on IF and watch the show, I don't think they've even realised that her screen time for 2 weeks has been 15 minutes not 19 minutes.
SaraJL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with you.
Not only this they are turning Khushi's character into ASR. I mean she is all forgiving about all the rude things ASR said to her, and now she cares about something so silly can't forgive Arnav lol. She is all weird lately like ASR horrible and all. I would understand if she reacted like this when Arnav called her characterless, but now? what The!
As for GH I think he is very weird. If The original track was about Arnav and Anjali then why there was no Intro  promo with Anjali and Arnav? All intro promo were about Arnav and khushi. I don't understand what GH is talking about?
Someone told me the meaning of "Didi Ki sautan" either way leads will be Arnav and Khushi no matter what you do. Sautan as in Khushi and another lead is Didi's brother as in ASR I mean Anjali is his Di and it's about Anjali's sautan (Khushi) which is so bloody weird.. I don't understand GH at all. DiDi is not the lead so I don't understand what he is trying to tweet about? LOL!
AmazingAmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Sorry in advance if a lot of what I said was incoherent. I have trouble making concise posts!

@Manaal: I also feel like they take her for granted. SI probably isn't as petty as me lol...she doesn't have a "poor me" attitude.

In my opinion, she worked her butt off for 2 months and now that Barun is back, she has been relegated to the same position as she was during the comedy track. 

They want to go into Didi Ki Saut and worse, they are trying to justify it. Barun won't be affected either way as he is the male lead. But I wonder if GH thought for a second about SI before he made the comment about this being Arnav & Anjali's show or whatever the hell he said. That's highly disrespectful to the woman who carried this show for the past 2 months. Where was Anjali then?