Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nalinidj thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I am shocked by the criticism levelled against Aish and her family for not allowing the pics of her baby - her choice, first and foremost.
Secondly, I am also amazed that I have never seen such coverage or criticism for politicians who are dishonest and fraudulent with the Aam Janta's tax money, as much as I have seen for a hard working and independant Aish whose worst liability is that she has picked up some post-pregnancy weight and does not expose her child to the media. 
Now, considering the media's and some critics shallowness, imagine what they would do to the innocent and blameless baby, if for instance she is not as fair as her mother, or does not have her lips or light eyes, or heaven forbid, this child commits the greatest sin of all and looks like her father.
The other amazing thing is that critics and media are lecturing and reprimanding her for not being a "normal" and average middle class mother and showing off her baby to the media, and yet still critisize her for still having post-pregnancy weight which other star mothers do not have. 
Now that she has post-pregnancy weight, she is lazy and a let down, but if she had gone back to her earlier pre-pregnancy weight, then it would have been said that she is more interested in her looks than taking care of her baby. I do believe Aish will be critisized irrespective of what decisions she makes.
I really feel for the mother in Aish - she has my sympathy that she does not have to only deal with the changes in her life and body, and get the chance to enjoy one of the most precious times in her life, but she has to contend with lots of negative attention from media and critics.  The shame is that a lot of that negative attention is from WOMEN, who claim to be living in the 21st century but will still not allow this woman to make her own decision.  Are we living in some archaic time that she has to conform to suit other people's requirements, rather than what is comfortable to her and her child and family?
I give kudos to this woman for coming out inspite of all the disapproval, condemnation and denigration that she is receiving and a high five to the House of Lreal for giving her support during this time and not pushing her to the background and allowing the more svelte Sonam or any other ambassador the coverage.  Imagine, a house of comestics (who could have politely asked her to excuse herself this year) gave her support and accept her in her state of motherhood, and we fellow women (some of us who are mothers or hope to be one day) disparage her.
And BTW, I am not a fan of Aish Bachchan, but after this, I definitely do understand the decisions she makes.  Maybe after this, I will become a fan, just like I am of Kareena and her foibles - women who are normal and yet have to second guess all their decisions because of the limelight and sometimes make mistakes, just like you and I, but whilst you and I have loving and understanding family and friends, these women have critical media and fellow women and men.
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I dont think anyones criticizing Ash for NOT SHOWING the baby. She shouldnt show the baby, i honestly think its wrong to parade children around like that. Celeb children have it hard and the less exposure they get the better, hopefully that will translate into a betterr childhood thats more normal.

What the bachchans DO get crticized for is the way they ACT.like shes the only one to ever give birth (press conferences, gimme a break), and then this, having people further shield her daughter than she already is. Shes only drawing more attention. She shouldnt do that if her intent is to keep the media at bay. They babys covered, no one can see anything, thats good, but wth is it with the jackets and files? Unnecessary, really. 

This is worse than "royalty". If she truly wants to shield her daughter that much, perhaps she shouldnt step out with her so publicly. Before i get bashed for saying that wht i mean is, ash knows she will be followed by cams and if she has her daughter she can double those cams. So why expose ur child to something ur trying to shield her from? She can take her daughter out in more low key settings. Other celebs have done it successfully. No one saw Karishmas son, kareena wasnt even allowed to mention the baby. Thats called privacy and gaurding. The bachchans fuel the media and then the fans go bezerk and they dont even throw the fans a bone to pacify them. Tsk tsk...i feel for them, really. Those fans didnt even get a proper wedding pic from the bachchans. All pics were leaked. What would it have cost them? I thought senior b wanted to reach out to his fans, which is why he joined twitter and all those blogs? Well, that was his medium and chance to thank his fans by letting them have a glimpse into their lives. 

P.S : And not too mention alll those evil eyes staring at the baby Oh my, id be worried. 
Edited by Enycedoll - 11 years ago
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I do not think Ashwaryia would have gotten so much media attention if she was not married to a Bachchan. The pics were laughable esp the one with the guy holding his coat to hide the baby.
madzaboutchoc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: WaterOnEarth

THE BEST PICTURES EVER πŸ˜THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU MADE MY DAY!

god bless aishwariya and aaradhya. The most gorgeous mother and daugther in the world, love them both for ever. They both look beautiful and stunning.

May all the haters eyes burn who look bad at these two diamonds.

have u seen Aradhya ?? then how can u say she is gorgeous..
Zzabi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
She is not stepping out with her 'so publicly'. This is at the airport. She didn't bring her to the red carpet. She didn't take her anywhere in India publicly after giving birth so how can she be going out with her so publicly. This is probably the first sighting of her since she left the hospital! Is she meant to leave her baby at home in another country so she can attend a commitment? Seriously the things people criticise Aishwariya for tend to become ridiculous.

I think their press conference after the birth was to get people to back off because they were going to camp outside annoying them for a long time but they gave them a conference and were then left alone pretty much after that which is better for them. People went a bit nuts especially the media at the time of the birth. Trying to compare that with Karishma or Shipla is silly because no-one including media made any fuss about their births. Both had already left acting and are married to people not from the film industry. Aishwariya is a star in her own right and the bachans are the bachans whether people like them or not. So a baby from them was always going to be a much bigger fuss than shilpa or karishma.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Enycedoll

I dont think anyones criticizing Ash for NOT SHOWING the baby. She shouldnt show the baby, i honestly think its wrong to parade children around like that. Celeb children have it hard and the less exposure they get the better, hopefully that will translate into a betterr childhood thats more normal.

What the bachchans DO get crticized for is the way they ACT.like shes the only one to ever give birth (press conferences, gimme a break), and then this, having people further shield her daughter than she already is. Shes only drawing more attention. She shouldnt do that if her intent is to keep the media at bay. They babys covered, no one can see anything, thats good, but wth is it with the jackets and files? Unnecessary, really. 

This is worse than "royalty". If she truly wants to shield her daughter that much, perhaps she shouldnt step out with her so publicly. Before i get bashed for saying that wht i mean is, ash knows she will be followed by cams and if she has her daughter she can double those cams. So why expose ur child to something ur trying to shield her from? She can take her daughter out in more low key settings. Other celebs have done it successfully. No one saw Karishmas son, kareena wasnt even allowed to mention the baby. Thats called privacy and gaurding. The bachchans fuel the media and then the fans go bezerk and they dont even throw the fans a bone to pacify them. Tsk tsk...i feel for them, really. Those fans didnt even get a proper wedding pic from the bachchans. All pics were leaked. What would it have cost them? I thought senior b wanted to reach out to his fans, which is why he joined twitter and all those blogs? Well, that was his medium and chance to thank his fans by letting them have a glimpse into their lives. 

P.S : And not too mention alll those evil eyes staring at the baby Oh my, id be worried. 

going with your child to the airport, is hardly 'parading' around your baby...!  πŸ˜›   just because people are dolts, does not mean that one should stop living their life... secondly, people may not like what bachchans do, but when you criticize each and every single thing about them, then it's nothing but biased opinions... the credibility is lost because there is no logic...!

the only one going beserk is certainly not the fans... it's the media circus and all the people that feed off such news... considering that nobody is interested, any topic with ash certainly generates a lot more commentary... which i personally don't care about...

with roses, you also have the thorns... it's certainly not the roses who seem to have problems with the way bachchans have handled things... πŸ˜›πŸ˜›   i'm sure i don't need to elaborate on that...
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Those are really exclusive pictures but why cover the baby's face while the baby was welcomed into the world with so much of hype and publicity by no one else but her grandpa itself? Anyways, Ash looks gorgeous and hope to see how her baby looks like soon πŸ˜Š
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Who said SHE  was parading the baby? πŸ˜³  That comment was in her defense that she doesnt need to do that, which i know and agree to that she doesnt. Going back to my original comment that doing so does nothing but harm the baby. 

Seriously, some of u people need to take ur ash glasses off, perhaps the world wont seem so evil. 
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Enycedoll

Who said SHE  was parading the baby? πŸ˜³  That comment was in her defense that she doesnt need to do that, which i know and agree to that she doesnt. Going back to my original comment that doing so does nothing but harm the baby. 

Seriously, some of u people need to take ur ash glasses off, perhaps the world wont seem so evil. 

if that comment is directed towards me, then let me tell you that i am not an ash fan... because, i certainly do NOT have ash glasses on... perhaps you should take off your bash glasses...?

if it harms the baby, then everyone over here indirectly is harming there baby... it's common practice to hold the baby like in a sling... whether on the front or on the back... πŸ˜›
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ksh-

Superstitions are one thing. But do you even understand what someone having "evil eyes" implies not only the Indian culture but many other cultures world over esp with respect to a small child? And what makes you think that Bachchans think that the world has an "evil eye" on the youngest member of their family? Have they ever said so? They have complained about the media intrusion which is right to an extent. But despite all their faults they have not accused their fans, neutrals and haters of having an "evil eye" on any of them.
Coming to your nth not so subtle dig at my posting on an Ash topic-I will post whereever I please. This is a free forum and I dont need to justify myself every time I post in a topic. So if you dont like reading my posts then my suggestion is ignore them. There are many other members whose posts you can read and reply to.

Let's agree to disagree then. I don't have anything more to say but that it's just a matter of one's beliefs.

Like you said free forum so I decided to comment on your post b/c I wanted too. But you're right, I think it is better for me to ignore you--advice taken!