Saisha on Ash: ‘When Aaradhya came in, she introduced me as Saisha’

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 3 months ago

Saisha Shinde, who works as a fashion designer in the movies, transitioned a few years ago. Earlier, Saisha went by Swapnil and was fairly known in the fashion world. In a conversation with Tisca Chopra on her YouTube channel, Saisha recalled that time when the world was yet to know about her transition but during one of her fittings with Aishwarya Rai, the actor made sure that she used the correct pronouns and the correct name for the designer. When Aaradhya joined her mother during the fitting, Aishwarya introduced Saisha with her correct pronouns.

Saisha shared with Tisca, “It had not come out in the papers. It was only my close knit friends in the industry who knew about it and I had fittings with Aishwarya. So I made sure I told her manager that get ready, it’s not Swapnil who is going to come, it is Saisha who is going to come. Make sure that ma’am is okay, everyone’s okay, because I don’t want to shock anyone.”

Saisha recalled that manager made sure that everyone was aware and so when she went for the fittings, she had a wonderful experience with Aishwarya. “When I went for the fittings, again Aishwarya being Aishwarya, she made sure she called me Saisha at every point and she was calling me the right pronoun every time. Her daughter came in and she introduced me to her daughter as Saisha,” she shared.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/saisha-shinde-recalls-how-aishwarya-rai-respected-her-transition-used-the-correct-pronouns-when-aaradhya-came-in-she-introduced-me-as-saisha-9104579/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yes! Raise good, feminist kids! 💗

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

These little little touches are why Ash is & always will be a CLASS APART. smiley27 Inclusivity & non-judgment is so terribly important & it’s so so heartwarming to see how well Aaradhya took to it too, meaning ARB has sensitised to the LGBTQ+ community. smiley41smiley27smiley9

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

These little little touches are why Ash is & always will be a CLASS APART. smiley27 Inclusivity & non-judgment is so terribly important & it’s so so heartwarming to see how well Aaradhya took to it too, meaning ARB has sensitised to the LGBTQ+ community. smiley41smiley27smiley9

At least a third of the industry is queer; Ash has been in the business for over three decades. It's only natural that she would be sensitized and as a queer person myself I'm glad she is instilling the same values in Aaradhya ♥️♥️♥️

priya185 thumbnail

that is nice of her heard good things about Aishwarya's professionalism 

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

At least a third of the industry is queer; Ash has been in the business for over three decades. It's only natural that she would be sensitized and as a queer person myself I'm glad she is instilling the same values in Aaradhya ♥️♥️♥️

Lol nope, not what I’ve heard about BW! smiley36smiley36 You only need to take see the likes of Salman, Sanjay Dutt etc to see that while tonnes & tonnes of BW are queer, there really isn’t much sensitivity & Karan Johar doesn’t count b/c he’s way tooooo powerful for anyone to mock him etc to his face. (Barring Salman who did it on KWK) 

What I really meant was though, that it totally warms my heart to see Ash sensitise her daughter to this!!! I didn’t type that though, so writing it here.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I didn't realize someone else had made this thread before him. Glad to see it was recognized on here and all the love for the queer community and the actors who respect them.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Lol nope, not what I’ve heard about BW! smiley36smiley36 You only need to take see the likes of Salman, Sanjay Dutt etc to see that while tonnes & tonnes of BW are queer, there really isn’t much sensitivity & Karan Johar doesn’t count b/c he’s way tooooo powerful for anyone to mock him etc to his face. (Barring Salman who did it on KWK) 

What I really meant was though, that it totally warms my heart to see Ash sensitise her daughter to this!!! I didn’t type that though, so writing it here.

What have Salman and Sanjay said or done??

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

What have Salman and Sanjay said or done??

They’re openly, massively homophobic & transphobic. Just check out Salman on Kapil Sharma’s show etc. They’re known to be. Most Indians are so it isn’t a surprise. It’s a surprise when they aren’t. Hence it’s great that Ash is this way. 

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

They’re openly, massively homophobic & transphobic. Just check out Salman on Kapil Sharma’s show etc. They’re known to be. Most Indians are so it isn’t a surprise. It’s a surprise when they aren’t. Hence it’s great that Ash is this way. 

Well, Salman and Sanjay Dutt seem to harbor far more harmful views than being transphobic and homophobic. In general, many in Bollywood, particularly the women, tend to be quite supportive of the trans and gay community.