Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
If you are interested...

Its my way of bidding adieu to the show.

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Hasini you know though Dear Diary has ended..i always think that you will update this ff further..i tend to forget this ff is over...i start missing this ff & then i read the whole ff from the start once again..this ff of your's is really out of this world..too good..simply superb...πŸ‘πŸΌwaiting for you to start a new ff..😊
Edited by Surya.Ravi - 12 years ago
Roland Barthes-  Lover's Discourse: Fragments

je t'aime/I-love-you

The figure refers not to the declaration of love, to the avowal. But to the repeated utterance of the love cry... Once the first avowal has been made, "I love you" has no meaning whatever; it merely repeats in an enigmatic mode...so blank does it appear...the old message... The situations in which I say I-love-you cannot be classified: I-love-you is irrepressible and unforeseeable... I-love-you belongs neither to the realm of linguistics nor in that of semiology...in the proferring of I-love-you, desire is neither repressed (as in what is uttered) nor recognized (where we did not expect it: as in the uttering itself), but simply: released... This formula responds to no ritual; the situations in which I say I-love-you cannot be classified.

Meaning: Courtesy "http://pasaudela.blogspot.com/2005/09/i-love-you.html"

After the initial avowal, "I love you" is meaningless. Or rather, it demands and refuses to wait for a certain response, immediate and yet sincere. But what is the nature of this response? A necessary affirmation, each repetition carrying within itself the promise of a double "yes,yes." But also the inadequacy of "I love you too," said with a gentle smile, sometimes almost apologetically, as if the second repetition was never performing quite the same ammount or quality of work, so much as acknowledging a risk, a void the pretense of co-signature.

I must be really out of my game, for it took me a while to wrap my head around these two paragraphs. I thought I should share it with you all. Well, it's Barthes' perspective to think the sentence as all encompassing and nothing at all, after the moment of utterance, but I leave it to you to make up your own discourse of it, of what you do expect and don't after you avow to your amorous object  (πŸ˜† partner)...And would some of you go to the extent of expressing it at all? when - again - according to Barthes'

Love is "that region of hysteria where language is both too much and too little, excessive (by the limitless expansion of the ego, by emotive submersion) and impoverished (by the codes on which love diminishes and levels it)"

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago
Escapist thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: 6thElement

Roland Barthes-  Lover's Discourse: Fragments

je t'aime/I-love-you

The figure refers not to the declaration of love, to the avowal. But to the repeated utterance of the love cry... Once the first avowal has been made, "I love you" has no meaning whatever; it merely repeats in an enigmatic mode...so blank does it appear...the old message... The situations in which I say I-love-you cannot be classified: I-love-you is irrepressible and unforeseeable... I-love-you belongs neither to the realm of linguistics nor in that of semiology...in the proferring of I-love-you, desire is neither repressed (as in what is uttered) nor recognized (where we did not expect it: as in the uttering itself), but simply: released... This formula responds to no ritual; the situations in which I say I-love-you cannot be classified.

Meaning: Courtesy "http://pasaudela.blogspot.com/2005/09/i-love-you.html"

After the initial avowal, "I love you" is meaningless. Or rather, it demands and refuses to wait for a certain response, immediate and yet sincere. But what is the nature of this response? A necessary affirmation, each repetition carrying within itself the promise of a double "yes,yes." But also the inadequacy of "I love you too," said with a gentle smile, sometimes almost apologetically, as if the second repetition was never performing quite the same ammount or quality of work, so much as acknowledging a risk, a void the pretense of co-signature.

I must be really out of my game, for it took me a while to wrap my head around these two paragraphs. I thought I should share it with you all. Well, it's Barthes' perspective to think the sentence as all encompassing and nothing at all, after the moment of utterance, but I leave it to you to make up your own discourse of it, of what you do expect and don't after you avow to your amorous object  (πŸ˜† partner)...And would some of you go to the extent of expressing it at all? when - again - according to Barthes'

Love is "that region of hysteria where language is both too much and too little, excessive (by the limitless expansion of the ego, by emotive submersion) and impoverished (by the codes on which love diminishes and levels it)"

This is gotta be weird...real real weird but then reading this one my mind has started running in an altogether different direction doh!

What does it mean or what emotions does the person whose uttering those three letter word that comprises of eight alphabets I love you..go through when telling the concerned person that...I love you...ain' t it strange we discuss theories and all but seldom we take into account the person's mind frame esp when you dunno what the outcome might be will it be, "I love you too", "I've waited for you since ages", "Yes, I love you too" or simple "errmm...You caught me off guard..I need some time to get to terms with" or simple "Sorry I just like you as a friend"

What exactly happens in the heart and mind at that moment and can that moment really really define what your love towards that individual truly means...or its just a condition of mind like most of us say ??

hamini_yash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
HI, I know I am commenting very less now a days , but I am not fully guilty for that . Whenever you write something , anything, I will start searching for words, and I think I have used all the words from my pocket dictionary(hi hi) on this thread.And I start writing then think urm, umm, I have written this before  and keep quiet.
I found Dear dairy, when I was scrolling through pages of NYT, you recommended it to someone, when I first read that 1st update, with diff character names, even though I liked your writing , I couldn't connect with it, then when Maan and geet came into picture, (Oh god) the name itself is enough for me to sigh. 
Though the story is completely different, it reminded me of Roja, the guilty heroine who screams infront of hero that he had to marry her sis and all. I was happy that here geet knew the reasons and above all , was in love with him. Geet carefree nature reminded me of a song Choti si asha (I love it). And I have this fetish to connect the few stories and movies I watch. I always point out that this hero mimiced him, the plot was taken from there, I think its a bad habit, but I am trying hard to get rid of that now. 
I like everything you write. Your writing is branded now, it can never disappoint me. 
I somewhere read that you had a complete diff ending of NYT, which gets over before there wedding, pleaaase  put it on that thread. I want to know what was the plot very badly. I am telling this bcoz by the time I finish reading that, you will come up for NYT epi for sure.
So basically I can get a lot more of your writing.
And very importantly, mention it somewhere otherwise Il never know it coming.
Take care
I felt Hot chocolate in morning and Bourborn at night. 

punjabi.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
awesome parts! and beautiful ending
hope your will start another SS or FF soon!
Ok...For all those IPPKND fans...

SS: Cirque du Soleil

Hush! If you are like me, just imagine Maan and Geet there...πŸ˜†

This doesn't mean there will no more Maaneet. It takes time to write something for them. Trust me the ones that appeal to me more are always in reserve for M&G and you can have no doubt there. Geet  forum will die soon...so keep it alive folks! Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago
richiiiii thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

This doesn't mean there will no more Maaneet. It takes time to write something for them. Trust me the ones that appeal to me more are always in reserve for M&G and you can have no doubt there. Geet  forum will die soon...so keep it alive folks!

i am glad you are not giving up on maaneet...will wait for you to start another ff/ss on them...
and as for your current ss...i am going to give it a miss as i totally abhor the copy cat couple...don't mind me if you like them😳..but yea all the best...and come back soon..πŸ˜ƒ
mystique_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This doesn't mean there will no more Maaneet. It takes time to write something for them. Trust me the ones that appeal to me more are always in reserve for M&G and you can have no doubt there. Geet  forum will die soon...so keep it alive folks!

I am so glad I happen to chk this thread from time to time and get surprises every time...

No H, you shouldnt move to IPKKND... Even I tried sharing my space with Khushi and Arnav but I just got bored within a fortnight - to me, they dont have the aura, screen persona and chemistry that Maaneet had - and anyways, I wouldnt want anyone to reach even near them !! Possessive - arent I?

But I know, writing about Maaneet for you is time consuming - its almost equivalent to me finding the right words to appreciate my fav writers - like u !!😳

Will come back soon πŸ˜Š

What you girls should know is that, I don't watch IPPNKD as much. I don't know much of the back story involving the two.

No she won't make jalebi's here...Nor is he going to keep jerking forward in a fit throwing unfinished "What...the..." around.

I went to a Cirque du Soleil show recently and I have been wanting to write something on the circus life. I don't know much, but with little research what I have come to know is that these folks spend their entire life as if they are stuck in a routine - practicing their arts, imprisoned in the rules of their clan...And sometimes the sacrifices are innumerable.

You girls should also know, I don't make reference to the name as much, so it must be much more easier to imagine M&G there. Also it's a very simple love story in the end. Given the resistance, it will be interesting to see if I can have you break out of your bias for the 'characters' in the story (not the couple in the soap...Hell! no)

Thanks for your support Girls!
Hasini

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago