Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Rockstar

Finally finished watching rockstar after many (4-5) attempts, second half of that movie is really hard to watch, it takes a lot of paitence to watch the second half. Again i felt the movie lacked depth, the story and research lacked depth, everything looked really simplistic and foolish at times also. I mean can you imagine dialogues like "Arrey agar to nahi mujhse milti toh teri body mein khoon shoon banana band ho jata hai", i mean W*F?? 😆 Imtiaz is obsessed with north india, delhi, himachal and kashmir are always a big part of his movies and he has a thing for showing journeys... The part where both nargis and biru go to kashmir reminded me of JWM when geet and aditya go to himachal to meet anshuman. I like the way he shoots the north and pretty souroundings definately make his movies more watchable...but all that is not enough! Getting a firangi and passing her off as a kashmiran is also not good or great or even fine.. north ki ladkiya saari kya mar gayi hai...He tried to show symbolism.. burning guitars.. fancy clothes.. nargi's kashmiri wedding dress.. biru's fancy getup... and he did all that to give an edge to the movie.. but the whole thing still did not make sense.. Everything looked superficial. First of all the main thing.. the supposed love story between heer and jordan.. when heer's voice is dubbed and she herself sounds unsure of what she is saying.. feeling and doing.. then how are we supposed to connect with the love story?? Nargis was the weak link.. she ruined the supposed love story for me.. I did not feel for jordan's struggle either... Just showing biru sitting with fancy clothes singing dum maro dum.. does not show struggle.. Him screaming randomly.. and forcing himself onto heer did not show any pain to me... the whole thing looked fake, the love story, his journey as a musician... The whole movie was filled with one cliche after another... and there was not even one moment where i connected with any of the characters.. or feel their emotion or pain. There was nothing exceptional in the story itself and nargis ruined the romance.. The only good thing in the movie was the music (good not exceptional) and the beautiful kashmir and himachal... thats it.. If you take all that away then the movie just had nothing. Overall i thought it was a mishmash of cliches the story lacked depth the romance lacked depth... and everything was just here and there..

^^ I have my doubts that you even watched it for 10 mins!! If you did.. then batao first 10 mins mein kya hota hai movie mein? 😆

Originally posted by: IamaXXXstar

Abhi phir dekh kar batati hoon. ðŸ˜† Lekin aisa bolna padta hain...😆

Tu jo bolti hai woh sach lagta hai 😆... you say stuff with a lot of conviction.. i don't think you will be able to watch the movie... but then who knows... what you like and don't like is also a mystery. 😆
Edited by LaDy_GaGa - 12 years ago
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LaDy_GaGa

Rockstar

Finally finished watching rockstar after many (4-5) attempts, second half of that movie is really hard to watch, it takes a lot of paitence to watch the second half. Again i felt the movie lacked depth, the story and research lacked depth, everything looked really simplistic and foolish at times also. I mean can you imagine dialogues like "Arrey agar to nahi mujhse milti toh teri body mein khoon shoon banana band ho jata hai", i mean W*F?? 😆 Imtiaz is obsessed with north india, delhi, himachal and kashmir are always a big part of his movies and he has a thing for showing journeys... The part where both nargis and biru go to kashmir reminded me of JWM when geet and aditya go to himachal to meet anshuman. I like the way he shoots the north and pretty souroundings definately make his movies more watchable...but all that is not enough! Getting a firangi and passing her off as a kashmiran is also not good or great or even fine.. north ki ladkiya saari kya mar gayi hai...He tried to show symbolism.. burning guitars.. fancy clothes.. nargi's kashmiri wedding dress.. biru's fancy getup... and he did all that to give an edge to the movie.. but the whole thing still did not make sense.. Everything looked superficial. First of all the main thing.. the supposed love story between heer and jordan.. when heer's voice is dubbed and she herself sounds unsure of what she is saying.. feeling and doing.. then how are we supposed to connect with the love story?? Nargis was the weak link.. she ruined the supposed love story for me.. I did not feel for jordan's struggle either... Just showing biru sitting with fancy clothes singing dum maro dum.. does not show struggle.. Him screaming randomly.. and forcing himself onto heer did not show any pain to me... the whole thing looked fake, the love story, his journey as a musician... The whole movie was filled with one cliche after another... and there was not even one moment where i connected with any of the characters.. or feel their emotion or pain. There was nothing exceptional in the story itself and nargis ruined the romance.. The only good thing in the movie was the music (good not exceptional) and the beautiful kashmir and himachal... thats it.. If you take all that away then the movie just had nothing. Overall i thought it was a mishmash of cliches the story lacked depth the romance lacked depth... and everything was just here and there..

aapke muhme ghee shakar.  Imtaz Ali lost his charm after making Love Aaj Kal. 

the only good thing about Rockstar was the music. ðŸ˜ƒ it was like a treat for all the Mohit Chauhan fans. nonetheless, I'm still going to watch this film...😆

Originally posted by: Kal El

eraser is scaring me these days. 😲

Over here I saw the theatre playing the movie was totally vacant during the weekend afternoon show. 🤔

Shut up! ðŸ˜†  I just realized, I think it was because it was half-price Tuesdays, so obviously desis would flock to the theatres. 

I dont expect Rockstar to be a hit overseas, after all, it released after Ra.One and my Shahrukh is da king of da overseas ðŸ˜Ž
Another thing that i forgot to add in my rockstar review.. imli's obsession with breaking marriages... unecessarily in movies.. he did it in LAK and he did it in rockstar. In lak deepu breaks her nayi marriage with bollywood section's fave rahul khanna and goes to saifu. In rockstar.. jordan obsessing over a much married heer... And seriously the whole thing about jordan going to europe and heer's family being so elated after seeing their bahu singing songs with jordan seemed so fake.. i mean why didn't they realize it earlier that she was cheating on her hubby.. they were so happy that somehow the magical jordan is curing her.. 😆 the whole thing looked so stupid and fake.. it reminded me of north american day time soaps.. where a guy obsesses over a married woman.. a recurring theme in many soaps around the world.. and in many movies also.. and it did not look believable.. but imli is obsessed with this idea..

Edited by LaDy_GaGa - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: LaDy_GaGa

Another thing that i forgot to add in my rockstar review.. imli's obsession with breaking marriages... unecessarily in movies.. he did it in LAK and he did it in rockstar. In lak deepu breaks her nayi marriage with bollywood section's fave rahul khanna and goes to saifu. In rockstar.. jordan obsessing over a much married heer... And seriously the whole thing about jordan going to europe and heer's family being so elated after seeing their bahu singing songs with jordan seemed so fake.. i mean why didn't they realize it earlier that she was cheating on her hubby.. they were so happy that somehow the magical jordan is curing her.. 😆 the whole thing looked so stupid and fake.. it reminded me of north american day time soaps.. where a guy obsesses over a married woman.. a recurring theme in many soaps around the world.. and in many movies also.. and it did not look believable.. but imli is obsessed with this idea..

I really hope its not a matter wish fulfillment on his side ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: eraser

I really hope its not a matter wish fulfillment on his side ðŸ˜†

I think that Imli's ex gf or something got married to someone else.. and that is why he keeps on showing this in many of his movies.. 😆
^ I think so too! and I'm guessing she's probably not interested in getting back with him, so he just fulfills his fantasies through his movies ðŸ˜†
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sooo just came back from accidentally watching Ra.One...

ahahaha my friend and I ordered Rockstar tickets, but the silly booth girl misheard or whatever and gave us tickets for Ra.One and we didn't find out till we sat inside. Soo Ra.One it was 😆

I didn't think I'd end up liking it but lo and behold LOL xD I ended up liking it a LOT. Granted, the part before the interval was a bit of a drag for me, was getting a lil impatient here and there but at the same time I dont think anything changed about the first half would've made the story better

meh I'll finish this later haha.