Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Ahem might come across as a jerk but people, he was forced to marry a woman he didn't like or with whom he had anything in common! Just cause of all of you like Gopi, doesn't mean he has too. I would NEVER marry someone like Gopi. She's a dunce. Ahem is an educated man who has seen the world, he does not an illiterate wife who only cooks and cleans. She has NOTHING to offer him. Look people humbleness does not make a personality. Gopi is a BORE. She is whinner. She is coward and lacks confidence.  She cannot take a stand. I have no respect for people who are so blind they cannot see when they are being used or abused. 

What is wrong is Ahem should not take his anger out on Gopi. He needs to face the fact that his mother is the one to blame. She is the reason that Anita's life was ruined, Umaang ruined Kinjal's and her own reputation went down the drain. She showed no respect for what her children wanted as partners. Her children are the ones who are going to sleep with these partners, not her.  I am sorry but I am appalled and disgusted at watching Kokila force Kinjal to marry Dhaval.  Just because she is her mother does not mean she owns her life. Did this woman not get it? The whole reason her daughter did what she did was to avoid marrying someone whom she did not like.  The mother should at least get it by now. 

Kokila is basically cutting off her nose to spite her face. Hopefully she will regret her decision.

WHEN YOU RESPOND TO THIS POST - READ IT. Do NOT just jump into defending GOPI. Think about these points in the post.

a) IS AHEM REQUIRED TO LIKE GOPI BECAUSE YOU DO?

b) IS IT RIGHT FOR KOKILA TO FORCE HER CHILD TO MARRY PEOPLE OF HER CHOICE?
Edited by Laila2009 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I'l reply in detail bt for nw i'l say
as much aham is in enforced marriage gopi is also in same situation. Just coz she is 'nt so called modern, entertaining, eye soothing comodity for few' she lost al rights to show her disagreement or anger on it.
She does nt, she cn shout out as loud as aham did even more than that too, bt she dint do coz 'she is a selfless character' whom some people say stupid.
choti_rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ahem wasn't forced to do anything. No one put a gun to his head and said marry this girl. He wanted to keep his mother happy. Sorry but I won't sympathize with a person who didn't have the balls to stand up for himself and tell his mother no I don't want to marry this girl. He made the decision to listen to his mother so he needs to stick with it. No matter what Gopi is or isn't like, he has no right to ruin the girls life.  If he thought she wasn't good enough for him then he should have acted like a man and said no I don't want to marry her. But the fact remains he didn't do that. He married her. Now live with it. 
br2499 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am with Eesha and Sadhli here. Nobody asked him to marry her. Dislike is not the reason to disrespect anybody. What did he think when he got married? he was not even ready to give his marriage a chance. so what if  she is illiterate? the person who he should be upset is his mother and not Gopi.  He just shows his anger to her because he knows that he can get away with that. I call that cowardice. How can we respect a person who doesnt meet his life head on and deal with it but hides behind his mother? Gopi is far better that way - she had made a choice and deals with what life throws at her everyday albeit in her own way and rules. 
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: br2499

I am with Eesha and Sadhli here. Nobody asked him to marry her. Dislike is not the reason to disrespect anybody. What did he think when he got married? he was not even ready to give his marriage a chance. so what if  she is illiterate? the person who he should be upset is his mother and not Gopi.  He just shows his anger to her because he knows that he can get away with that. I call that cowardice. How can we respect a person who doesnt meet his life head on and deal with it but hides behind his mother? Gopi is far better that way - she had made a choice and deals with what life throws at her everyday albeit in her own way and rules. 

Bee his a bully, ask her to help to marry off the sister, when she does him that favour okay go back to your Maika. But the only good thing is he moved out of the room and didn't touch her. But the constant yelling and shouting at her, even if he changes his attitude towards her, when he falls in love with her, a leopard never changes it's spots he will revert back to his nature afterwards and who wants Gopi with him, I hate him, I want to get into the screen and punch him for Gopi, let them divorce lots of other fish in the sea.
Edited by WintersBloom - 13 years ago
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -tellyaddict-

I'l reply in detail bt for nw i'l say
as much aham is in enforced marriage gopi is also in same situation. Just coz she is 'nt so called modern, entertaining, eye soothing comodity for few' she lost al rights to show her disagreement or anger on it.
She does nt, she cn shout out as loud as aham did even more than that too, bt she dint do coz 'she is a selfless character' whom some people say stupid.

Rubbish. The woman got a good deal and the reason she does not complain or speaks up is because she is wimp on top of it. She is of the mind set that she will win her husband over. She's running his life by insisting on staying with him.
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eesha2

Ahem wasn't forced to do anything. No one put a gun to his head and said marry this girl. He wanted to keep his mother happy. Sorry but I won't sympathize with a person who didn't have the balls to stand up for himself and tell his mother no I don't want to marry this girl. He made the decision to listen to his mother so he needs to stick with it. No matter what Gopi is or isn't like, he has no right to ruin the girls life.  If he thought she wasn't good enough for him then he should have acted like a man and said no I don't want to marry her. But the fact remains he didn't do that. He married her. Now live with it. 

That is coercision and emotional blackmail; you don't have to have a gun put to your ahead. There are plenty of people who have married people out of pressure - you should know better than that.  Of course Ahem is wimp for not speaking up but why should he be happy to be with smoeone because she cooks and cleans and is a so called "nice" which I equate with wimpy here.
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: br2499

Did I justify his behavior? NO. So where are you going with this comment ?

Yes, it does matter if someone is illiterate. Exactly what knowledge do they have? Gopi has none. She is at the beck and call of her mother-in-law and is pathetic.

The arguement was that Ahem has a RIGHT to be unhappy and not wnat to be with Gopi. Please she is not all that.
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: WintersBloom

Bee his a bully, ask her to help to marry off the sister, when she does him that favour okay go back to your Maika. But the only good thing is he moved out of the room and didn't touch her. But the constant yelling and shouting at her, even if he changes his attitude towards her, when he falls in love with her, a leopard never changes it's spots he will revert back to his nature afterwards and who wants Gopi with him, I hate him, I want to get into the screen and punch him for Gopi, let them divorce lots of other fish in the sea.

Gawd help me. What is there to fall in love with someone like Gopi?
Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Laila2009

Rubbish. The woman got a good deal and the reason she does not complain or speaks up is because she is wimp on top of it. She is of the mind set that she will win her husband over. She's running his life by insisting on staying with him.

@bold....keeping quite can never be considered as "Being Wimp" its just intelligent to be silent in front of someone who is not in a mood to listen even the right thing...
Hindi Saying"
Ek Chup Sau Bollte ko harata hai....

and Gopi is doing the same........if by any chance she started speaking then it would have been a worst condition in MM.....all World War 3 in MM....and nothing else....
and still if u think she is a wimp then its upto u...

@red.....I dont think there is anything wrong if a wife thinks she can win over her husband with her love, care and concern.........if a wife wont think so then whom u are expecting to "Win a boy" only GFs can do it kya.....it seems no wife has any right on her husband in ur perspective....

@blue....she never forced herself on him...at least after once she comes to know Aham can never be hers...what all she is doing is only as DIL of MM, Kokila's bahu and thats it....
she never went to her asking for dressing her wound, she never offered her help when he will be out to get kinjal.....he himself proceed towards her and next moments blasted her off just for his Male Ego...........