Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mehak_Luvs_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: sweet coco

WHAT?!! I think I totally misread the whole article...I thought he was the one who was texting everyone to watch it!! I guess it must be too painful for him and his family!

Yea you mis-read it.
He is DE-PROMOTING the film calling it unethical and corruptπŸ˜•
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I am so watching this movie.
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
woah. good reviews pouring in! hope this tide continues  now I'm really excited. 
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
YEH BABY!!!!🀣🀣🀣 Rani is back with a bang!!!!! Seriously I want to watch this film now
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Hopefully watching this movie on this friday....YAY Rani will be back on top again

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
i'm so freakin excited!
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
anewradha

Just saw no one killed jessica. Loved it!!! A movie which has its heart in the right place. 15 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry
xTimax thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

OyeG Review

The film will take you back in past when the Jessica Lall murder case sent shock waves in the country.

New Delhi, 1999, in the nation's capital of India model Jessica Lal (Myra) is shot dead at a celebrity party. Her crime - refusing to serve a drink after closing hours. The culprit Manish, son of a prominent politician, inebriated by a deadly cocktail of alcohol and a sense of entitlement, thinks he can get away with it. But, Jessica's sister (Vidya Balan) won't let him. Two women, Jessica's sister and the feisty TV reporter, Meera Gaity (Rani Mukerji) play central characters in this power-packed drama where justice finally prevails over money and political clout. In short, a thrilling saga that will keep you glued to your seat.

Direction / Screenplay:

Director Rajkumar Gupta (of 'Aamir' fame) offers a gripping cinematic experience again, that too without a dominant male character. The film is real and aggressive, and the subject, touching. The film has effectively captured the essence of Delhi which is ruled by the power lot. Film's characterization, plot and music works big time provided you have interest in the subject. The screenplay is impressive with Vidya being the 'hero' of the film in the first half and Rani in the second. The court scenes are impressive and the media circus believable. On the flip side, the story is not something the audience doesn't know and we wished there was some entertainment value in the film as a whole. And the song – Aali Re Sali Re – was so very missed in the film.

Performances:

The first half belongs to Vidya Balan who is a natural in front of the camea and delivers a performance that has a great impact even if she is dressed in most ill-fitting clothes and plays a part of a girl-next-door. She is one actress who conveys a lot without trying too hard. Rani Mukerji makes a rocking return with 'No One Killed Jessica' as a gutsy, fearless and abusive reporter. The critics who had written her off will be forced to sit up and notice her screen presence. Rani affirms – 'once an actress, always an actress'. The other actors play their part well and the lesser known faces add to the appeal of the film.

OyeG Verdict

Laced with superlative performances, effective background music and realistic characters, 'No One Killed Jessica' is a gripping, heart-wrenching drama. If you have the interest in the subject, go for it!

http://oye.mybigflix.com/reviews/No-One-Killed-Jessica/849299?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Faridoon_S

Aamir Khan,Kiran Rao,Ashutosh Gowariker,Yash Chopra,Vivek Oberoi at NOKJ Premiere (info crtys Zoheb)
sakura_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mehak_Luvs_Rani

^You know there is this guy called Utsav Sharma(related to some Ruchika case) who is protesting against NOKJ and sending out text messages saying "Do Not watch No one killed jessica" because its "corrupt & unethical" and that the sadness of Jessica Lall case is being exploited and publicised to make money!

I mean when Jessica's OWN sister does NOT has a problem,then who are you?

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  Reminds me of- DO NOT TOUCH. WET PAINT!!!   πŸ˜†πŸ˜† People Touch Anyway πŸ˜†  Curiosity grow by leaps and bounds. People will WATCH anyway.