Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
4.Sonam Kapoor in Aisha:: She is the worst, most exasperating heroine we have seen in a long time. The film was supposed to be her re-launch vehicle. Ironically, barring her, everyone shone and stole the show from her. The heroine of a chick-flick has to win the heart of the viewers but one did not care for Aisha at all. She was juvenile, annoying, shallow, and stupid. Sonam's attempt at bringing a childlike quality to her was irritating instead of endearing. She used the same tone of emphasis throughout the movie. Though she was probably more expressive than she was in I Hate Luv Storys, Sonam failed to carry the film on her shoulders. Needless to say, she looked lovely and wore fabulous clothes but haven't we seen enough of that in her public appearances?

ROFL.. So i am not the only hater.. haha.. good to know that..🀣

6.Pakhi Tyrewala in Jhootha Hi Sahi:: If Abbas Tyrewala wanted to express his love for his wife Pakhi; he should have made a home video for her and not a boring feature film to torture audiences with! Pakhi plays a suicidal character in the movie. She is not heroine material and has no screen presence at all. The former casting director must have serious audacity to cast herself in the lead role. The last nail in the coffin is that she cannot act and has two left feet. She does not have the potential to make it here. You do not feel anything for her depressed and annoying character.

Seriously, how dare she cast herself with John! Did she really think she can act..🀣
Agreed, people often say  "but she was supposed to act like a bimbo", "she was supposed to act irrittating". Sheesh πŸ˜• what will people say next, "She wasnt supposed to act in her role"?? It requires SKILLS to play a bimbo or a dumb girl. That's why Reese Witherspoon was so brilliant in Legally blonde (the only chick flick I like) and  she had the best expressions for ever scene and dialogue.

Katrina Kaif , Sonam Kapoor and Deepika (to some extent) are the Megan Fox of bollywood, they can do everything but can't act for life, they only have two expressions; one for ALL the positive emotions and and the second for ALL  the negative emotions. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Originally posted by: radha187

There's a difference between portraying an irritating character and coming off as irritating because of bad acting: bad dialogue delivery, bad expressions, and failure to make the character come alive and connect with the audience (either positively or negatively).

Sonam "fulfilled" the purpose of her character but with bad acting.  

Originally posted by: joyce_k

Where is aishwarya for being the wosrt actress of 2010 in action reply.....she was much worse than katrina!!!

You are comparing apples and oranges!  Aish is an actress, Katrina is not an actress!  Sorry, I don't think this comparison is valid, but you are entitled to your opinion!  πŸ˜†
Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: radha187

There's a difference between portraying an irritating character and coming off as irritating because of bad acting: bad dialogue delivery, bad expressions, and failure to make the character come alive and connect with the audience (either positively or negatively).

Sonam "fulfilled" the purpose of her character but with bad acting.  

You made a good point too.
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
as much the article might sound very mean, its still very  true
chatpati900 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I completely agree with whoever said that just because someone's character is irritating doesn't mean the actor should come across as irritating. Vinay Pathak in Bheja Fry is the classic example of that. His character was possibly the most annoying character to ever step on the face of this earth but Pathak executed it so well that it was a revelation to watch him. I laughed so hard watching that film. Sonam and Katrina's characters were supposed to "bimbos" but the fact that the actors themselves came across as bimbos is definitely not a reflection of their competent acting skills.

Completely agree with the list.
Edited by chatpati900 - 13 years ago
mj_applehead thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
sonam in my opinion wasn't that bad in aisha.she's not a naturally gifted actor but she did alright.i liked her in the movie.

where are deepika padukone/lara dutta for housefull?in fact the entire cast of housefull should be there.that was one sorry excuse for a movie.
Edited by mj_applehead - 13 years ago
Perfecto! Vinay Pathak from Bheja fry is the best example of a  person who is supposed to be annoying as hell but is executed brilliantly by Vinay Pathak. He didnt just act annoying with random giggles and jump around with stupid clown expressions on his face, he acted with flawless expressions, brilliant dialogue delivery and expressive body language giving DEPTH to his character. These girls were ONE-DIMENSIONAL in their portrayal of their characters and had NO DEPTH whatsoever. Blaaaaaaah🀒

Originally posted by: chatpati900

I completely agree with whoever said that just because someone's character is irritating doesn't mean the actor should come across as irritating. Vinay Pathak in Bheja Fry is the classic example of that. His character was possibly the most annoying character to ever step on the face of this earth but Pathak executed it so well that it was a revelation to watch him. I laughed so hard watching that film. Sonam and Katrina's characters were supposed to "bimbos" but the fact that the actors themselves came across as bimbos is definitely not a reflection of their competent acting skills.

Completely agree with the list.

MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: eroticlover

You are comparing apples and oranges!  Aish is an actress, Katrina is not an actress!  Sorry, I don't think this comparison is valid, but you are entitled to your opinion!  πŸ˜†

Agree Aish is a better actress but Aish was really bad in Action replay as Katrina was in TMK (as we are comparing them from their 2010 performance only) in those two films both of them were lemons leaving a bad sour taste πŸ˜‰
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: tina59

i think the writer indorectly praised sonam for her performance in the movie " aisha" coz thats the role as I understand it , she was supposed to essay.

From mu understanding, her role as aisha was supposed to be dumb, irritating, annoying and stupid who needed a lot of growing up to do ...

so I think she succeeded in it..

Exactly! Just like Emma..Aisha is supposed to have character flaws in her...I wrote a whole thesis paper on this...and Sona's Aisha was exactly how modern day Jane Austen would want it...a few weaknesses here and there in her delivery and comic timing, but for the most part Sona was dead on!! Aisha is not suppose to be the ideal heroine, but she's flawed and she goes through a transformation and that aspect of the story/character is what connects with the audience!!! 

I think Sona could have been more expressive with her face and eyes, but other than that....it's a modern-day Emma so obviously Aisha is meant to be shallow!