IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

WORST ACTORS OF 2010

By Janhvi Patel/Hill Road Media, Star Box Office India.

The best and most profitable actors will be applauded at award functions in 2011. We jogged our memory to choose the most banal and disappointing performances of 2010. We present our list for your reading pleasure.

1.Katrina Kaif in Raajneeti and Tees Maar Khan:: Raajneeti was a hit and Tees Maar Khan has not done as well as expected. In any case, Katrina did not have a major role in either film. You can count her scenes in both films. She looked gorgeous but her acting was barely passable in Raajneeti. Her accent was incongruous and she failed to connect with audiences. Her role in the movie was completely over-hyped and she stuck out like a sore thumb in a sea of talented actors. Tees Maar Khan has to be her worst role and portrayal till date. Her character was loosely sketched. She was unbelievably dumb and annoying in the film and we wonder what she liked about her role!

2.The whole cast of No Problem:: Everybody was terrible in the movie. Anil Kapoor made an absolute fool of himself. People in Hollywood will refuse to work with him if they see this film. Sushmita Sen hammed beyond all measure in a very derogatory role. Suniel Shetty had a strange accent in the movie and failed to scare audiences though he was the villain. We have no clue why Paresh Rawal, Akshaye Khanna, and Sanjay Dutt collectively humiliated themselves in the movie. Kangna Ranaut played a bimbo well but she was utterly wasted in the awful torture fest!

3.Neetu Chandra in Rann:: Once upon a time, we thought she was a good actress. Not anymore! Neetu is paired opposite Sudeep in RGV's film. She stuck out like a sore thumb. She played a Muslim but did not look like one at all. More often than not, she was pouring out of her clothes and her acting was pathetic, the worst we have seen in a while.

4.Sonam Kapoor in Aisha:: She is the worst, most exasperating heroine we have seen in a long time. The film was supposed to be her re-launch vehicle. Ironically, barring her, everyone shone and stole the show from her. The heroine of a chick-flick has to win the heart of the viewers but one did not care for Aisha at all. She was juvenile, annoying, shallow, and stupid. Sonam's attempt at bringing a childlike quality to her was irritating instead of endearing. She used the same tone of emphasis throughout the movie. Though she was probably more expressive than she was in I Hate Luv Storys, Sonam failed to carry the film on her shoulders. Needless to say, she looked lovely and wore fabulous clothes but haven't we seen enough of that in her public appearances?

5.Abhishek Bachchan in Raavan and Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey:: 2010 has been a bad year for Bachchan Junior. He was shockingly awful in Raavan. To express his character Beera's rage, he shook his head and yelled repeatedly. His performance was very amateur. In KHJJS, he did not have the charisma of a hero to carry the movie on his shoulders. He was needlessly silent or "dignified" throughout the movie. The star son was sincere but a much-needed heroic intensity was amiss. This was yet another disappointing performance from him.

6.Pakhi Tyrewala in Jhootha Hi Sahi:: If Abbas Tyrewala wanted to express his love for his wife Pakhi; he should have made a home video for her and not a boring feature film to torture audiences with! Pakhi plays a suicidal character in the movie. She is not heroine material and has no screen presence at all. The former casting director must have serious audacity to cast herself in the lead role. The last nail in the coffin is that she cannot act and has two left feet. She does not have the potential to make it here. You do not feel anything for her depressed and annoying character.

7.Kunal Kapoor in Lamhaa:: He looked like a Kashmiri and that's about it! He was expressionless in the movie, especially in some crucial scenes. He failed to connect with audiences. His speeches and dialogue delivery were very labored, like he was reciting poetry. It is no wonder that he does not do many movies.

8.Sikander Kher in Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey:: We have no idea why Sikander Kher became an actor and why people praised his work in the movie. He wore a constant expression in the movie and looked perpetually shocked. He should look at an alternate career.

9.Vivek Oberoi in Prince:: The action thriller was supposed to be his big comeback but it did nothing for him. He hammed endlessly in the movie and lacked the charisma to pull off such a role. He lacked the cool personality to do such a suave role. He was miles away from making us go "WOW!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Aisha was worst? I thought it was fine.
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Agree about Katrina and Sonam!
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
🤣 The article is funny. One upon time we thought she could act lol. I agree with the list of those I have seen the film of. Katrina for Rajneeti I wouldn't say she is the worst there. Yes her speech scene was bad...but is that enough to put her as the worst actress? She was good in the other scenes though. Thank God they didn't put Deepika up there. I feel like the media always thinks she does bad acting even when she doesn't.

I would add PC from AA and PI too. Edited by preity*zinta - 13 years ago
..Gurti-Kash.. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: lovePC

Agree about Katrina and Sonam!

Mee Too 
joyce_k thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Where is aishwarya for being the wosrt actress of 2010 in action reply.....she was much worse than katrina!!!
wida thumbnail
^^ lensahunte08 heheh yeah hilarious..you gonan get attacked get readyyyy.. they will throw firework on you heheh

i dont know about the rest havent sen much butt about katrina so truee..omgg this person said exaclty same thing that i thought aboutt heheh
Edited by wida - 13 years ago
ladygaga thumbnail
This is what Raja sen wrote about Katrina's performance in TMK "Applause, however, must go to her for breaking the ice and bringing out the performer in Katrina Kaif [ Images ]. Ever-dazzling, here the star is the film's biggest delight, her gorgeous bimbette modelled on those spectacular European dimwits like Claudette Colbert or Emmanuelle Beart. She bounces around, jawdropping, as she overacts or rushes off for more makeup and more rollers, and Kaif plays the part with immaculate, old-school abandon."

If she came across as dumb and annyoing in TMK.. then thats a win.. coz that is what her character was about.. she played a dim-witted wannabe actress in the movie.. and she rocked..

Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago
MoonRivers thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lensahunte08

I would add PC from AA and PI too. OMG what did I do. Now am gonna get attacked by fans.

Jeez, relax. No one's attacking you. You're free to have your own opinion and say whatever you want. Why do you always presume that PC fans will say something? 😆
wida thumbnail
ladyggaga
ok dont wana be rude.. but i think it was quite easy for katrina to essay that role..cause there was no need to acts as a wannabee actress... ,.like looking fake..cause when she is playing normal roles she looks wannabee/fake as well... 
hmm ok i dont know how to explain it heheh ...
NO OFFENCE JUST MY OPINIONEdited by wida - 13 years ago