FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Aishwarya's comeback? Probably one of the worst for an A-lister. Her exit from Bollywood in 2010 was a bit of a downer – hiding her pregnancy from Madhur Bhandarkar, getting the boot from Heroine once they found out. So, the public was all waiting for her big return. And what does she do? Jazba and then Sarabjit? Movies that not only faced a ton of criticism and online mocking but also left a mark on her legacy. I wasn't active on any social forums until 2012 and never bothered with reviews of her older movies, so I never realized how critics reviewed her acting. However, I've never seen worse reviews for acting in women-centric films before. She later took on some supporting roles in ADHM and a few others, but none really made any waves. Is this the worst comeback for a big star? Even Madhuri with Aaja Nachle had a lot of pre and post-release hype. Karishma and others weren't that big, so it's understandable the public lost interest in their comebacks.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

[Post Removed]

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Actually Jazbaa and Sarbjit saw one of the highest openings for a female centric film. Sarbjit even got her all the nominations for Best actress including a National award nomination; she even won a couple of them. The film made some 35 crore in Indian box office alone, which is on par with Mardaani, which was dubbed as a hit.

ADHM was a hit too, and Ash got the most appreciation amongst the cast. Not to mention the big blockbusters her PS films were, where she portrayed one of the leading roles.

Not so bad actually.

Ahana_Sehgal21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Ash  set the screen on fire in Ae dil hae Mushkil. and was Fabulous in Ponniyin selvan , which was a Blockbuster and easily the best female role in a long time ..

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

So this thread was created just to bash on Aish and backfired spectacularly lol

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

ADHM was a hit too, and Ash got the most appreciation amongst the cast. 

LOL what ? 

You are telling me Aish was appreciated more than Ranbir in ADHM? 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

LOL what ? 

You are telling me Aish was appreciated more than Ranbir in ADHM? 

That's right. Ranbir got flak for playing a manchild for the nth time.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

That's right. Ranbir got flak for playing a manchild for the nth time.

You know there is a difference between critique or a role and critique of. performance, right? 

His performance was praised throughout. RK-Anushka;s chemistry/dynamics got a lot of praise as well. Aish was easily the third best thing of the movie as her character hardly had any weight - very single track

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 3 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

A lot of them don’t work 

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Movie Reviews/B.O Collections: JAZBAA - POST HERE (SPOILERS INCLUDED) - Page 29 | Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat (indiaforums.com)

Movie Reviews: Sarbjit/BO News | Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat (indiaforums.com)

Fans, especially the die-hard ones, tend to find the silver lining in every bad or terrible movie their favorite star does. However, if you check out the threads for Jazbaa and Sarabjit, it was a tough time. With Katrina, people kind of expect mixed to bad reviews, but with Aish, it caught me off guard, at least. Sure, you'll stumble upon a positive review here and there, but you can say the same for Katrina. The majority, though, was pretty negative for both the movies.

And, both have officially flopped, as confirmed by box office website. It's kind of amusing that this even needs correcting. I mean, sure, if you loved the movie, feel free to express that. But disputing known facts? That's a bit amusing.